• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I'm putting a hex on the Vikings. Facing Sam Bradford and Jeremy McKinnon in one league and Stefon Diggs, Blair Walsh, and the MIN DST in another. Just shut them down, G-Men, and relieve me of the stress.

So I've been holding onto the #1 waiver wire slot for 3 weeks (missed out on Will Fuller & Travis Benjamin), and forgot to try for Pryor or Jordan Howard. I even forgot to put a claim in on Maclin when someone dropped him. I'm terrible.

So here I am, heading into Week 5, and I only have McKinnon as my RB. Ware & C.Mike are on a bye.

Do I waste that #1 spot on.. Terrance West? Bilal Powell? Wendell Smallwood or Darren Sproles? Philly D? Ugh. Or do I just hold on to that #1 spot and grab whoever is left over? No one on the waiver wire seems like a great choice.

MindofKB

I'm down by 18.5 points and I have Vikings defense left to play.

So far this season they've gotten me...

Week 1: 24.50
Week 2: 17.25
Week 3: 28.00

Sweet merciful lord I need them to come through for me.

nillapuddin

Would any of yall drop Barnidge, Pitta, Tamme for Eifert?

I can only play 1 obviously, and Eifert is available. Just wondering if I should pick him up before hes active again and everybody wants him

Tom Nook

I can only play 1 obviously, and Eifert is available. Just wondering if I should pick him up before hes active again and everybody wants him

Yes, pick him up now. Barnidge is the weaker of the 3 at the moment.

UberTag

I would drop Tamme definitely. You would have to sell me on dropping Barnidge... especially in PPR. Cleveland doesn't have as many mouths to feed. Pitta is the clear hold in Standard. Tamme is expendable either way, IMO.

I'm down by 18.5 points and I have Vikings defense left to play.

So far this season they've gotten me...

Week 1: 24.50
Week 2: 17.25
Week 3: 28.00

Sweet merciful lord I need them to come through for me.
I'm in the same boat with slightly longer odds.
Need 23.57 points out of them tonight while they've scored 21.90, 12.90 and 26.30 the past three weeks.

I like your chances better than mine.

nillapuddin

Either one of them, really. I'd say Barn first. And why do you have 3 TE's???

iI had a gut feeling before Pittas big game (that hed have one) so I rostered him, got Tamme as a replacement since Barn was sucking, but now it looks like Barn is back. Mostly cause there is literally nothing but trash available so i didnt even bother shuffling my bench

Yes, pick him up now. Barnidge is the weaker of the 3 at the moment.

Strange both of yall saying to sell so hard on Barn, seems like he has the most catches available to him.

I would drop Tamme definitely. You would have to sell me on dropping Barnidge... especially in PPR. Cleveland doesn't have as many mouths to feed. Pitta is the clear hold in Standard. Tamme is expendable either way, IMO.

I dont know Pitta at all, and Im a UK and ATL fan so I know everything there is to know about Tamme. A sad truth that I should probably drop him : /

Im in line to acquire Sammie Coates, John Brown, and Eifert on the wire this week. Which sounds great, but I bet they will just be benched all year anyways

woodchuck

I've scored the most points in my league but now 0-4. It just happens every week my opponent has the highes score of the week while I have the 2nd highest.

I propose instead of head to head scoring, you get points based on where you finish each week.

Strange both of yall saying to sell so hard on Barn, seems like he has the most catches available to him.
I look at touchdowns when I look at a TE. Barn doesn't have any at all yet, and that's with Coleman out with a broken hand.

Like I said, it's close. But Tamme and Pitta are more likely to score a TD, and in close decisions I always go with the better situation and offense. If you don't wanna drop him, don't. Once Eifert is playing you shouldn't be starting any of those three anyway so don't rack your brain too hard. Just pick one and pick up Eifert, or drop your kicker for him and give yourself a few more days to figure it out

AaronB

I'm up about 6, with Vikings D remaining against an opponent with Eli and ODB. On paper I'm a major dog, but the way the Vikings D have been playing I like those odds. Most of my other players underperformed.

So one of my owners is basically inactive. He's a coworker and I ask him about it almost every week but it seems like nothing is really changing. What do I do? I also face said owner next week. Me and some friends have a bet going on so I really don't want anyone getting a free W because of the inactivity.

Down by 13.5....I have Beckam opponent has no one.

Talk me down from the ledge GAF.

seems pretty attainable. Especially if the Giants are down by multiple scores for most of the game. One good offensive drive could get you that.

edit: lol well unless ODB's gets his dumbass kicked out that is

UberTag

I look at touchdowns when I look at a TE. Barn doesn't have any at all yet, and that's with Coleman out with a broken hand.

Like I said, it's close. But Tamme and Pitta are more likely to score a TD, and in close decisions I always go with the better situation and offense. If you don't wanna drop him, don't. Once Eifert is playing you shouldn't be starting any of those three anyway so don't rack your brain too hard. Just pick one and pick up Eifert, or drop your kicker for him and give yourself a few more days to figure it out
People are always so protective of their kickers. It's the craziest thing to me. I'll always kick my kicker to the curb for bench depth if it's needed.

VoxPop

Haha my team in one of my leagues is on some serious life support with AP/Foster/Martin/Gordon/Keenan all going down but I'm still 2-1 somehow. Got Doodoo Johnson Jr as my RB2. With that TD from McKinnon, I just need 6 more pts from Vikings def to reach 3-1! I'd much rather have my Giants come back and win tho :(

Hazelhurst

I never draft guys I don't know, but I did with cooks cause I was in a quick turn around snake pick panic mode.

What is he? Is he a bust, why was his ESPN ranking so high? Why must I cry?
He's a boom or bust WR2. He had an extremely strong second half last year. Definitely worth being patient for.

fep

Robert Woods is trending up and I feel like I've seen enough of Tyrell Williams and the Chargers.

Crazy to drop T. Will for Woods? I think Woods has sneaky upside here, 7% owned in yahoo leagues as well.

Coates, Cruz, Boldin, and Kerley are a few WR on waivers.

Wow, what a rollercoaster week! My opponent played Julio and I started down by about 60 points. Then Big Ben and a few other players went nuts and I went into tonight with a 16 point lead. My opponent had Eli and he ended 6 points short of the win, I couldn't believe it! And everyone in my league had been telling me I had no chance of a win! Now I remain undefeated and I sent all the trash talkers the pic of DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN.

necrosis

LOST BY 1.5 PTS !!!!

F M L!!!!

1.8 pts here but yeah easily the most annoying loss ive ever experienced in fantasy

dropped matt ryan for siemian, who was injured like 20 minutes into the game, started charles sims, who did absolutely fucking nothing for me, saw that julius thomas was inactive and started vance mcdonald, who also ended up being inactive & i was unable to do anything about it, and still could have won the fucking game if the ball didn't bounce out of the hands of eric kendricks

i'm fucking pissed and i'm only 2-2 on the season

Tom Nook

1.8 pts here but yeah easily the most annoying loss ive ever experienced in fantasy

dropped matt ryan for siemian, who was injured like 20 minutes into the game, started charles sims, who did absolutely fucking nothing for me, saw that julius thomas was inactive and started vance mcdonald, who also ended up being inactive & i was unable to do anything about it, and still could have won the fucking game if the ball didn't bounce out of the hands of eric kendricks

i'm fucking pissed and i'm only 2-2 on the season

So many scenarios I could've won my match:

Start Walker over Fleener.....

Avoid the Thursday game by benching Landry and flex Crowell...

If M Jones decided to sit and rest his hamstring, I start Landry, Diggs, and flex Crowell....

necrosis

So many scenarios I could've won my match:

Start Walker over Fleener.....

Avoid the Thursday game by benching Landry and flex Crowell...

If M Jones decided to sit and rest his hamstring, I start Landry, Diggs, and flex Crowell....

yeah same here :/

i debated sticking with ryan but he has fucked me over in the past and i couldn't bring myself to trust him

and i literally could have started like any TE in the league and won

so frustrating

nillapuddin

Guys...

What the hell happened.

I didn't honestly expect Diggs to outscore Walsh by 28 points and I would win in miracle fashion

But come on. Less than 50 yards two weeks in a row...
: /

Tom Nook

10 team std league, non ppr.

Defense stream help.

Rams or Bills.

Hawks on the bye and I'll probably end up getting either one of them. Which is more priority?

Thanks

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
is it worth picking up Mason Crosby? I have josh brown...only thing that worries me with GB kicker is that hell rack up extra pts vs fgs... and thats awful.

Guys...

What the hell happened.

I didn't honestly expect Diggs to outscore Walsh by 28 points and I would win in miracle fashion

But come on. Less than 50 yards two weeks in a row...
: /

I wouldn't worry about it. He still had a good number of targets, and he missed out on a big gain last night from a Bradford overthrow.

nillapuddin

I wouldn't worry about it. He still had a good number of targets, and he missed out on a big gain last night from a Bradford overthrow.

Okay that's at least a bit comforting

I didn't catch the game but I was kinda expecting a big outing from him.

Did he and Bradford look good chemistry wise? I saw that first game and thought they were absolutely on the same page, now 2 weeks in a row it seems they can't find the numbers.

is it worth picking up Mason Crosby? I have josh brown...only thing that worries me with GB kicker is that hell rack up extra pts vs fgs... and thats awful.
It's a kicker: you're putting way too much thought into it. If you're even thinking about it, might as well do it. If you regret it, pick Brown back up...

Top Bottom