• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

So got a trade offer just now.

I give up Jordy Nelson (my main WR)
I get:

Isaiah Crowell (I am fucked on RBs and need a standard one desparately)
Terrelle Pryor (probably replacement for Jordy)
Tyrell Williams (I have Travis Benjamin, so handcuff)

thoughts?

I get:

thoughts?

Besides being kind of Browns heavy that seems like a good trade for you.

toneroni

lol the wife was gonna kill me for starting Sims in her league over Crowell and Matt Jones.
Also got rid of Gano for Gostkowski. Luckily Rudolph got her the clutch win by 2 points hah.

Stacked Obj and Eli in my other league and got destroyed - had no real alternatives anyway :/

Wanted to talk handcuffs - would you guys pick up cuffs for Ingram and McCoy? They're my top rushers in my leagues and I'd probly sink without em. Is Gillislee even good? I liked Karlos Williams back then.

Is Tajae Sharpe droppable also? Might use his slot for random upside players/handcuffs

I get:

thoughts?
Good deal for sure!

Joe

I didn't account for Bye weeks in my draft so I have 4 guys on Bye next week, 3 of them are really important...

Dropping Maclin for Steve Smith and Gio Bernard for Bilal Powell.

Hopefully I get a steal of a waiver pick-up in Smith

BlueSteel

Guys...

What the hell happened.

I didn't honestly expect Diggs to outscore Walsh by 28 points and I would win in miracle fashion

But come on. Less than 50 yards two weeks in a row...
: /

Vikings are not so great offensively. Defenses will almost assuredly be keyed in on him as the main threat. I feel like this was his thing last year too.

I get:

thoughts?

What are your other WR outside of Travis? I would probably just ask for someone a bit better than Crowell to be honest, but if you are really that desperate for RBs it's not bad

Who to pick up, Terrance West or Kenneth Dixon?

West seems like he'll be more useful this week, but Dixon will likely be better over the long haul, but the injury question still lingers.. ugh. I hate that I'm down to caring about the Ravens backfield at this point (Thanks Thomas Rawls, Jeremy Langford, Doug Martin).

What are your other WR outside of Travis? I would probably just ask for someone a bit better than Crowell to be honest, but if you are really that desperate for RBs it's not bad

Decker (out), Enunwa, Jamison Crowder, Tavon Austin, Tyler Lockett

I can pick up Eddie Royal I think

Just traded d. Allen and d. Henry for Steve smith.

My other wrs are on a bye.

I only have desean active.

Hate losing henry, but since gordon boned me. I'm in a tough spot this week.

Any news on whether Decker is headed to IR or not? I may need to make a grade for a WR2.

Out of these RBs, who would you put on the trading block for a WR2:

Lacy, Blount, or Michael?

VoxPop

Any news on whether Decker is headed to IR or not? I may need to make a grade for a WR2.

Out of these RBs, who would you put on the trading block for a WR2:

Lacy, Blount, or Michael?

I'd probably go with Lacy. Maybe you could squeeze out a top tier WR2 from someone who is desperate for a RB.

Doomsayer

Scratched my way back to 2-2, which is what I wanted while my guys got healthy (Eifert and J, Charles). Only 1 game back from the division lead with the 3rd most points scored. I think I'm in a good spot if Charles stays healthy and plays like himself. Julio Jones went apeshit for me and Hunter Henry came through with 12 points. I've streamed a different tight end every week and gotten a touchdown from each of them.

I think I still need some help at RB though... and maybe QB.

RB: Lacy, Charles, Matt Jones, Ivory, Darkwa.

Thinking about throwing a trade out for Carlos Hyde or Isiah Crowell.

One players has both of them with a pretty rough receiving core. He has Marshall, Doug Baldwin, Travis Benjamin, and Michael Floyd.

I have; Jones (nope), Cooks, Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, and Austin. I might throw out Cooper for one of them.

What do you guys think?

Jarnet87

I'm done starting Fleener, likely cutting him. The Atlanta game looks like an aberration and I got Rudolph early in the WW.

I have a trade with a buddy in a league. Gio Bernard for Andy Dalton. I've been declining it for weeks despite having terrible QB play. I'm think about just doing it as I am deep at RB right now and also picking up Wentz. Just play the matchup and both guys will likely be about the same. If I don't get Wentz then I will most likely pull the trigger for average Andy.

bigkrev

Bye week options for me

Eli Manning (vs GB)
Jay Cutler/Brian Hoyer (vs Indy)
Tannahill (vs Tenn)
Trevor Seimian/Paxton Lynch (vs Atl)

I'm leaning towards Tannahill but the Jay Cutler/Brian Hoyer matchup against Indy is super tempting

My Fantasy Life

Public-Week-4.png

2nd in PF, 1st in PA (by a large margin), 1-3. When drafting well means nothing, and the schedule hates you.

(And yes, I am the Trumpshaker and have a roll of toilet paper for my avatar)

nillapuddin

I have Rivers @ Oak and Wentz @ Det

I know Rivers is gunna put up this week, but I'm tempted to throw Wentz incase he has an even better game

I drafted Tyrod but dropped him for wentz, he's since had two great games. But I don't think he or Cousins is better than either of my guys

Sharpe is def droppable btw.

I honestly don't know why I care. With 3 losses already I'm not gunna get a first round bye, so basically the next important game is week 14

My PA is off the fucking charts btw, like 100 more points than the next team. Everybody has their best week against me so far.

Edit: Context: PA = 601.5

Bye week options for me

Eli Manning (vs GB)
Jay Cutler/Brian Hoyer (vs Indy)
Tannahill (vs Tenn)
Trevor Seimian/Paxton Lynch (vs Atl)

I'm leaning towards Tannahill but the Jay Cutler/Brian Hoyer matchup against Indy is super tempting

Eli vs a weak GB Secondary after a rough game in Minny and you know GB is going to put up points so they are going to have to keep throwing, could be a good option.

I'm trading everybody and everyone this week

That Crowell deal turned into:

Receive Terrelle Pryor, Cle WR from Fnbj to Bench
Receive Tyrell Williams, SD WR from Fnbj to Bench
Receive Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB from Fnbj to Bench
Send Jordy Nelson, GB WR from RB/WR to Fnbj
Send Tyler Lockett, Sea WR from Bench to Fnbj
Send Orleans Darkwa, NYG RB from Bench to Fnbj

The last two are just to make the stuff even.

I'm trying to bounce my dead weight for Carlos Hyde and Big Ben too, we'll see who's a sucker

bigkrev

[KoRp]Jazzman;219052250 said:
Eli vs a weak GB Secondary after a rough game in Minny and you know GB is going to put up points so they are going to have to keep throwing, could be a good option.

Eli would be a no-brainier if he wasn't on a short week AND going against a team coming off their Bye week

I'm done starting Fleener, likely cutting him. The Atlanta game looks like an aberration and I got Rudolph early in the WW.

Yeah I've had enough of him. I snagged Rudolph as well but am putting a claim in for Eifert and dropping Fleener. If Eifert is available in your league I think he's worth it. Cinci has been bad in the red zone and he should help that. I just hope he stays healthy.

fep

Jamaal Charles back to it after the bye or is Spencer Ware worth keeping to see how it plays out?

Thinking of dumping Ware for Smallwood and I do have Ryan Mathews.

Matt Ryan (vs. Denver) or Andy Dalton (vs. Dallas)?

Seems almost impossible to sit Matt Ryan at this point, especially when my dumb ass did it this past week, but that Denver D is legit. Thoughts?

NateDrake

Odds Crowell has a decent game against the Pats this week? Only projected for 9pts in my league, so a touchdown is all I'd really need from him.

Jarnet87

Yeah I've had enough of him. I snagged Rudolph as well but am putting a claim in for Eifert and dropping Fleener. If Eifert is available in your league I think he's worth it. Cinci has been bad in the red zone and he should help that. I just hope he stays healthy.

The problem I have with Eifert is so much of his success last season was touchdown dependent. 52 catches for 615 catches and 13 touchdowns. Touch to repeat though he will get the targets if healthy.

hmmm thinking about trying to nab Brate of waivers to replace pitta...kelces on bye and pittas been meh with steve smiths resurgence

Jameis likes Brate, they had good chemistry at times last season and he's an interesting option with ASJ out of the picture. I think his ceiling is like 40-60 yards with a touchdown. In general I think the Bucs are on the up and up for fantasy purposes. Carolina have not looked good defensively so the only strong defenses remaining look like Seattle, maybe KC @ Arrowhead

NYR

I need to drop two people as my qb and def are on bye. Who to drop

QB - Brees
WR - Marshall
WR - D Thomas
WR - Edelman
RB - Elliot
RB - Freeman
TE - Rudolph
K - Walsh
D - Seattle

Bench:
WR - Pryor
WR - D Parker
RB - McKinnon
RB - Foster
TE - J Thomas
TE - Eifert

I know, have too many TE, Thomas getting hurt made me pick up Rudolph who I am high on now and want to start this week. I have carried Eifert since the draft, pro bowler, seems dumb to dump him now that he is back. Thinking Davante Parker and Julius Thomas and try to pick up Thomas back up next week when I dump the extra D and QB.

Darkman M

QB - Brees
WR - Marshall
WR - D Thomas
WR - Edelman
RB - Elliot
RB - Freeman
TE - Rudolph
K - Walsh
D - Seattle

Bench:
WR - Pryor
WR - D Parker
RB - McKinnon
RB - Foster
TE - J Thomas
TE - Eifert

I know, have too many TE, Thomas getting hurt made me pick up Rudolph who I am high on now and want to start this week. I have carried Eifert since the draft, pro bowler, seems dumb to dump him now that he is back. Thinking Davante Parker and Julius Thomas and try to pick up Thomas back up next week when I dump the extra D and QB.

That would be the route I would take as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jamaal Charles back to it after the bye or is Spencer Ware worth keeping to see how it plays out?

Thinking of dumping Ware for Smallwood and I do have Ryan Mathews.
Keep Ware. He gets touches even when Charles is in full health and Charles is never in full health anyway.

Smallwood isn't going to do anything. Pointless pick up.

Hazelhurst

Matt Ryan (vs. Denver) or Andy Dalton (vs. Dallas)?

Seems almost impossible to sit Matt Ryan at this point, especially when my dumb ass did it this past week, but that Denver D is legit. Thoughts?

Rule of thumb this year: Do NOT play a QB who is playing against Denver, Minnesota, or Philadelphia. Do so at your own peril.

Hazelhurst

QB - Brees
WR - Marshall
WR - D Thomas
WR - Edelman
RB - Elliot
RB - Freeman
TE - Rudolph
K - Walsh
D - Seattle

Bench:
WR - Pryor
WR - D Parker
RB - McKinnon
RB - Foster
TE - J Thomas
TE - Eifert

Yeah, Julius Thomas in a heartbeat. You already have Rudolph and Eifert. You're solid there. Actually, I think Rudolph has a similar season to what Eifert had last year, if not better. There's no telling if Eifert will be the same as he was last year. You have to ask yourself if he's really worth holding on to. You've probably had him all season, so I doubt you're willing to drop him at this point.

As for the last drop, it's gotta be Parker unfortunately. It's unfortunate, because Parker obviously has huge potential.

Knox

My only QB is Luck and I'm starting to worry about him and want some depth. Somehow Carr and Ryan are on waivers so I'm going to snag one of them but I'm not sure who to target. Ryan's next two games are bad, and in general I don't trust him to keep up the numbers he's been putting up. But it's hard to argue with what he's done so far. Who do you guys like more?

My only QB is Luck and I'm starting to worry about him and want some depth. Somehow Carr and Ryan are on waivers so I'm going to snag one of them but I'm not sure who to target. Ryan's next two games are bad, and in general I don't trust him to keep up the numbers he's been putting up. But it's hard to argue with what he's done so far. Who do you guys like more?

Ryan's next game will basically solidify if he's the real deal or not.

But Carr's damn good too. You can't go wrong with either but Ryan's upside, currently, is through the roof. It's really up to you if you want to take the risk with the next matchup.

How'd I do on waiver pickups? (my first year playing FF)

Zach Ertz
Jonathan Stewart

I know Jonathan Stewart is currently injured and it's not clear when he'll return but I figured I may as well hold onto him as there aren't a lot of options at the moment.

How'd I do on waiver pickups? (my first year playing FF)

Zach Ertz
Jonathan Stewart

I know Jonathan Stewart is currently injured and it's not clear when he'll return but I figured I may as well hold onto him as there aren't a lot of options at the moment.
I think you did fairly well. J-Stew is solid when health and if you have good RB deep, you can trade him for something nice possibly.

RickAstley

Neo Member
Picked up Moncrief when someone dropped him last week. Just got a trade offer:

Moncrief for Decker

What do you guys think?

My inclination is that Decker has higher upside

RickAstley

Neo Member
True but Moncrief is injured as well.

At this point my WRs are:

AJ Green
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks
John Brown

So I guess my thought process is to have the guy who could end up being a golden ticket later in the season

Top Bottom