• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I dropped Blair walsh, Lockett, and Sanu for Ertz, Woods, and Royal... all FA

Hopefully Ertz can preform this week and I can try to find a trade for him since I have Reed. I'll still need someone to drop for a new kicker though..is Darkwa worth holding on to? I wouldn't be starting him. Or I can drop Tyrod Taylor since i'll be starting Rivers until week 11..thoughts?

you could always roster anderson and play whoever starts. they're playing tampa so it's a good match up.

I do like hoyer this week though

Hmmmmm. I'd like to keep Hoyer for the future, though grabbing Anderson wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Fuck it, nabbed Anderson

I have Ware as well, definitely gonna keep him on the roster and see how things pan out.
Correct move for now.

We'll see how week 6 goes, but if Charles starts and is capable, Ware's value mostly evaporates outside of being a handcuff. Andy Reid loves to lean on one workhorse. The RB1 for KC, regardless of who it is, is valuable because of all the touches. Unless Charles still isn't quite right yet, Ware owners hoping for an even split moving forward are going to be disappointed.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
do you guys think it's worth starting John Brown if stanton plays on thurs night in SF? or Cruz vs GB?

also, even though GB is coming off bye and a their Def players are returning now healthy, do you think it'd be better to roll bengals vs dallas?

thoughts about streaming Hoyer vs Ten over Flacco vs Was?

SummitAve

Banned
Was hoping to be able to ride Hopkins and Cooper, but they've been killing me. I'm likely benching both in favor of Enunwa, Steve Smith, and or Pryor.

phanphare

Banned
do you guys think it's worth starting John Brown if stanton plays on thurs night in SF? or Cruz vs GB?

also, even though GB is coming off bye and a their Def players are returning now healthy, do you think it'd be better to roll bengals vs dallas?

if palmer sits I wouldn't start john brown

hoyer and flacco are both good streaming options. I'd go with hoyer personally.

Was hoping to be able to ride Hopkins and Cooper, but they've been killing me. I'm likely benching both in favor of Enunwa, Steve Smith, and or Pryor.
Cooper is opening things up the other WRs for Oakland right now but it will eventually balance out. Oakland WR Seth Roberts has 3 TD catches on 10 receptions. That shit isn't sustainable. Also, opposing defenses will be forced to give Crabtree greater attention moving forward and Cooper will benefit.

Hopkins is a bit more worrying because Osweiler and Fuller just seem to have better chemistry right now.

fep

Julius Thomas available for pickup.

Drop Spencer Ware for him? I have Pitta as my TE. Jesse James and Charles Clay also available.

Ware is speculative for me at this point, though my RB corp isn't too hot. Shady, Ryan Mathews, and C Mike.

Thoughts on Jordy Nelson and Tyrell Williams for David Johnson and Randall Cobb in a PPR?

Shizza

GB has a good defense, but their upcoming games are against NYG, DAL, CHI, and ATL - all having the potential to put up big points. They also have the potential for turnovers, but playing GB DEF seems riskier than other options. What else is available?

wbsmcs

Thinking of picking up White on the Pats and starting him this week and sitting Crowell. Thoughts?

Nahhh...Crowell is playing very good this year. I saw a stat that said Crowell has more yards on 10+ yard runs, than Melvin Gordon has all year. I think Crowell is legit.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I need to drop two people as my qb and def are on bye. Who to drop

Thinking Davante Parker and Julius Thomas and try to pick up Thomas back up next week when I dump the extra D and QB.

Dont forget Before you drop try to trade parker and see if youcan improve elsewhere

gutshot

What do you guys think of Alshon Jeffrey? He's been a disappointment so far, but with Kevin White now on IR, is he a worthwhile buy low candidate?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
GB has a good defense, but their upcoming games are against NYG, DAL, CHI, and ATL - all having the potential to put up big points. They also have the potential for turnovers, but playing GB DEF seems riskier than other options. What else is available?

Cin, bal, hou, was, nyg, kc (bye), ten, san fran

Looking at it, im planning to get bengals.... But ten vs. miami could be an option?

NateDrake

What do you guys think of Alshon Jeffrey? He's been a disappointment so far, but with Kevin White now on IR, is he a worthwhile buy low candidate?

Alshon is a great WR but the Bears are just awful. I have Alshon on my team, and I hope Cutler returns soon so he can sling passes to Jeffrey again.

Nahhh...Crowell is playing very good this year. I saw a stat that said Crowell has more yards on 10+ yard runs, than Melvin Gordon has all year. I think Crowell is legit.
But the Pats defense has me on edge. Crowell is legit. He's been awesome as of late and the only glimmer of hope on the Browns.

wbsmcs

But the Pats defense has me on edge. Crowell is legit. He's been awesome as of late and the only glimmer of hope on the Browns.

I don't think you should be on edge. Every RB that played the Pats this year scored 10+ points. I'm not going to count the Dolphins because that team is a tire fire at the RB position.

NateDrake

I don't think you should be on edge. Every RB that played the Pats this year scored 10+ points. I'm not going to count the Dolphins because that team is a tire fire at the RB position.

Shady did have a good game last week (also on my team). I'm in a PPR league, so if Crowell gets a few passes I'll be in a good position. Only projected for 10pts.

Hey all, I was looking for some trading advice as it's my first year playing fantasy so i'm not entirely sure on what are good and bad trades are.

I was looking to trade possibly a 2 for 1 to some other owners (or maybe a 1 for 1 if i'm overpaying so to speak)

The players I was looking to trade were Charles Sims and Tyrell Williams for possibly Jordan Howard, Isaiah Crowell, Tevin Coleman, or maybe Carlos Hyde(although I don't think the owner would accept.)

Just for perspective, my running backs are:

Eddie Lacy, Jerrick Mckinnon, Alfred Morris, Jonathan Stewart and Dwayne Washington(although i'm considering dropping him.)

My wide receiver's are:

Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews

wbsmcs

Hey all, I was looking for some trading advice as it's my first year playing fantasy so i'm not entirely sure on what are good and bad trades are.

I was looking to trade possibly a 2 for 1 to some other owners (or maybe a 1 for 1 if i'm overpaying so to speak)

The players I was looking to trade were Charles Sims and Tyrell Williams for possibly Jordan Howard, Isaiah Crowell, Tevin Coleman, or maybe Carlos Hyde(although I don't think the owner would accept.)

Just for perspective, my running backs are:

Eddie Lacy, Jerrick Mckinnon, Alfred Morris, Jonathan Stewart and Dwayne Washington(although i'm considering dropping him.)

My wide receiver's are:

Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews

I would aim for Crowell and Hyde. Don't buy Coleman hype. Howard is also a good option, but I view him on the same level as Sims.

I would aim for Crowell and Hyde. Don't buy Coleman hype. Howard is also a good option, but I view him on the same level as Sims.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try trading both Sims and Williams for Crowell. I'm sure the trade is probably in their favor a bit but as you can see, my running backs in general aren't that great, haha

gutshot

Alshon is a great WR but the Bears are just awful. I have Alshon on my team, and I hope Cutler returns soon so he can sling passes to Jeffrey again.

OK. Well I went ahead and proposed a trade for Derek Carr and Alshon Jeffery, giving up Blount and Maclin. I desperately need QB help this week, with Russell on bye. And Carr has a juicy matchup. I figure I can flip him after this week for a RB as good or better than Blount and hopefully Jeffery will be an upgrade over Maclin.

So someone in one of my leagues (0.5 PPR) keeps offering me a trade.

Last week it was Latavius Murray for (my) Allen Robinson. I laughed and said no.

This week he's upped the ante to Isaiah Crowell or Jordan Howard for Allen Robinson.

My WR (minus ARob):

DeAndre Hopkins (ugh)
Emmanuel Sanders (decent)
Michael Crabtree (surprisingly solid)
Quincy Enunwa (Maybe good if Decker to IR?)

My RB

Christine Michael (Hopefully runs with the starting position all year)
Jerick McKinnon (?, could be solid)
Terrance West (Hopefully good for 1-2 more games)
Spencer Ware (Potentially useless with J Charles back)
Doug Martin (Out)

I started the year with Doug Martin, Thomas Rawls, and Jeremy Langford as my RB's, which sucked. I feel like Crowell is solid, but I'm not sure about the Browns. ARob is getting the targets, but Bortles has been BAAD this year.

What do you think FantasyGAF?

So someone in one of my leagues (0.5 PPR) keeps offering me a trade.

Last week it was Latavius Murray for (my) Allen Robinson. I laughed and said no.

This week he's upped the ante to Isaiah Crowell or Jordan Howard for Allen Robinson.

My WR (minus ARob):

DeAndre Hopkins (ugh)
Emmanuel Sanders (decent)
Michael Crabtree (surprisingly solid)
Quincy Enunwa (Maybe good if Decker to IR?)

My RB

Christine Michael (Hopefully runs with the starting position all year)
Jerick McKinnon (?, could be solid)
Terrance West (Hopefully good for 1-2 more games)
Spencer Ware (Potentially useless with J Charles back)
Doug Martin (Out)

I started the year with Doug Martin, Thomas Rawls, and Jeremy Langford as my RB's, which sucked. I feel like Crowell is solid, but I'm not sure about the Browns. ARob is getting the targets, but Bortles has been BAAD this year.

What do you think FantasyGAF?
Nope. Maybe Crabtree or Sanders for one of them, but definitely not A Rob

NateDrake

OK. Well I went ahead and proposed a trade for Derek Carr and Alshon Jeffery, giving up Blount and Maclin. I desperately need QB help this week, with Russell on bye. And Carr has a juicy matchup. I figure I can flip him after this week for a RB as good or better than Blount and hopefully Jeffery will be an upgrade over Maclin.

Are you in a PPR league? Alshon averages about 6-7 receptions a week and 12pts or so. He hasn't caught a TD pass yet, but it's only a matter of time.

bigkrev

I got offered Crowell for Crabtree. My perception on Crowell is skewed because I actually watched the first Browns game of the year, where he was 9 carries for 22 yards before getting 40 meaningless yards on 3 carries against prevent defense, down 19 points with under a minute to play. Then, in week 2 (which I didn't watch), he's 17 carries for 48 yards, but had an 85YD run which inflates his stat line/average.

I'm just afraid that he's actually not a good player, and that no one actually watches Browns games outside of highlight form, so the stats they see don't reflect the quality of the player. I'm probably going to accept this deal because my RB situation is bad- I drafted Rawls and Latavious in Rounds 3 and 4! - but I feel awful about it

ZOONAMI

Rank these players for this week:

Dak Prescott = Marcus Mariota = Tyrod Taylor

Ugh I hate hate hate that the Titans hired Mike malarkey. I drafted Mariota as my qb2 because he had a good year last year and now malarkey is running this stupid tight run offense without ever spreading out wrs and running Mariota out of the gun. The Titans and Mariota will struggle until they fire him.

Shizza

Cin, bal, hou, was, nyg, kc (bye), ten, san fran

Looking at it, im planning to get bengals.... But ten vs. miami could be an option?

I think Bengals or Texans will be your best bet. Miami gave up a lot of points last week to the DEF position, but I don't see the Titans getting the same results.

fep

Keep Ware. He gets touches even when Charles is in full health and Charles is never in full health anyway.

Smallwood isn't going to do anything. Pointless pick up.

Thanks, I'm pretty speculative on Ware and I was leaning this way. Narrative on Smallwood/Mathews was making me second guess myself. I'm a believer in Ryan Mathews and it's him and Sproles who are going to get the majority of the work.

Ware vs Julius Thomas though, I'm not so sure since I need TE help (Pitta), but my RB corp still has too many questions for my liking. I actually don't mind Pitta, but if I could upgrade a position it would be TE.

Hoyer >>> all of them for fantasy this week

But I don't have Hoyer? I have those three.

Ugh I hate hate hate that the Titans hired Mike malarkey. I drafted Mariota as my qb2 because he had a good year last year and now malarkey is running this stupid tight run offense without ever spreading out wrs and running Mariota out of the gun. The Titans and Mariota will struggle until they fire him.

Yeah :\ I got him as my QB2 as well and it's been iffy at best. I like the matchup this week (Miami's pass D is bad) but who knows how they'll end up approaching it.

Top Bottom