• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Starting scraps at my flex position. Do I roll with Michael Floyd in a Thursday game with Drew Stanton slinging it or put in Kenneth Dixon, coming back from injury in a mired Baltimore backfield?

Trade help. 14 team league, not ppr.

My current WR/RB/TE situation.

AJ Green
Dez
Eddie Royal
Golden Tate

Forte
Ware
Duke Johnson
Tevon Coleman
J.Stewart
Bilal Powell

Walker
Henry

I was offered Mike Evans and Terrance West for AJ Green. And now another team offered me Melvin Gordon and DeSean Jackson for AJ and Hunter Henry.

My RB game is weak, especially with Charles coming back soon.

I like Evans well enough and he's been fairly consistent except for the Denver game. I'd being buying high on West though.

The other trade is great because of Gordon, but DeSean is pretty up/down and I'm not sure I want to rely on Walker as my only TE.

Thoughts?

Edit - the 2nd offer will swap out DeSean for Mike Thomas if i want.

Trade help. 14 team league, not ppr.

My current WR/RB/TE situation.

AJ Green
Dez
Eddie Royal
Golden Tate

Forte
Ware
Duke Johnson
Tevon Coleman
J.Stewart
Bilal Powell

Walker
Henry

I was offered Mike Evans and Terrance West for AJ Green. And now another team offered me Melvin Gordon and DeSean Jackson for AJ and Hunter Henry.

My RB game is weak, especially with Charles coming back soon.

I like Evans well enough and he's been fairly consistent except for the Denver game. I'd being buying high on West though.

The other trade is great because of Gordon, but DeSean is pretty up/down and I'm not sure I want to rely on Walker as my only TE.

Thoughts?

Edit - the 2nd offer will swap out DeSean for Mike Thomas if i want.
The problem with the first offer in my opinion is that you are trying to get on the Ravens run game and no one really knows what you're going to get yet. Evans is good, but AJ is arguably the second best receiver in the league behind Antonio Brown.

The second offer isn't bad as you get one of the better RBs this year in Melvin and a decent WR in Jackson. But your WR situation is now a lot worse without AJ. Not worth it to me.

Of the two, try and angle for a better RB for the first offer instead of West.

That's just how I see it.

Latavius Murray (Raiders) now doubtful for Sundays game. Some foot issue I guess.

That could make for some interesting plays from the backups (Washington/Richards).

Hazelhurst

Latavius Murray (Raiders) now doubtful for Sundays game. Some foot issue I guess.

That could make for some interesting plays from the backups (Washington/Richards).

I have Latavius in one of my leagues. I just picked up Deandre Washington due to this recent development.

I was actually thinking about rolling with Kenneth Dixon this week when I heard this news. Deandre's probably the safer choice.

Hazelhurst

Guys pls which QB do I play this week

Dak Prescott or Marcus Mariota or Tyrod Taylor

I'd go with Dak from who you listed. Dak is the hot QB right now. Mariota is in a slump. Tyrod is boom or bust. If Wentz or Hoyer are available, go with one of them. Otherwise, Dak all the way.

Was thinking about offering Zach Ertz and either Charles Sims or Tyrell Williams for Jamaal Charles. Am I offering too little/too much? I know they are hurting for a tight end this week and I figure i'll hold onto my other TE(Delanie Walker)

Gamble with Pip vs Raidaz or go with
Ryan vs Broncos?

E: TTK, as a Titan fan go with either Dak or Tyrod before Mariota. Mariota's only good target is Delanie Walker and most of the time they're double covering him. I see the offense doing a lot more running this week

Thanks everyone. Gonna start Dak and hope for the best.

E: TTK, as a Titan fan go with either Dak or Tyrod before Mariota. Mariota's only good target is Delanie Walker and most of the time they're double covering him. I see the offense doing a lot more running this week

I'm really bummed about Mariota this year, I can only imagine how frustrated you are.

Beach

But I don't have Hoyer? I have those three.

Yeah : I got him as my QB2 as well and it's been iffy at best. I like the matchup this week (Miami's pass D is bad) but who knows how they'll end up approaching it.

Sorry for the smart ass answer, I would go with Dak of those three.

Gamble with Pip vs Raidaz or go with
Ryan vs Broncos?

Pip with Rivers easy.

Also everyone should pick up Deandre Washington. He'll start this week and will be involved in the running and passing game against the Chargers.

DKehoe

Just swapped out Kevin White (on injured reserve) for Carson Wentz since I needed to have a back up QB. Should I consider playing him instead of Eli Manning this week?

For my W/R/T should I play Isaiah Crowell, Michael Floyd, Will Fuller, Giovani Bernard or Theo Riddick? Crowell has been consistently solid so I'm thinking of sticking with him while waiting to see what happens with Decker, who had been my first choice for that spot up until last week.

UberTag

Just swapped out Kevin White (on injured reserve) for Carson Wentz since I needed to have a back up QB. Should I consider playing him instead of Eli Manning this week?
Yes. Don't even think twice about it.

For my W/R/T should I play Isaiah Crowell, Michael Floyd, Will Fuller, Giovani Bernard or Theo Riddick? Crowell has been consistently solid so I'm thinking of sticking with him while waiting to see what happens with Decker, who had been my first choice for that spot up until last week.
Depends on your league's scoring.
I wouldn't sit Riddick if you get any points for receptions. Especially with Ebron out.
Otherwise, continue to trust your instincts and ride Crowell while he's hot in Standard formats.

DKehoe

Yes. Don't even think twice about it.

Depends on your league's scoring.
I wouldn't sit Riddick if you get any points for receptions. Especially with Ebron out.
Otherwise, continue to trust your instincts and ride Crowell while he's hot in Standard formats.

Thanks! Really appreciate the help.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Crowell for the past few pages, but I have been keeping him as trade bait and I'm finally getting offers. Yes, he has been riding pine for me all season because I have playing Blount (RB), Melvin Gordon (RB), and Leveon Bell (FLEX). I'm stacked at RB and need a quality WR.

The trade on the table is his Steve Smith Sr. for my Crowell. Fair deal?

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Crowell for the past few pages, but I have been keeping him as trade bait and I'm finally getting offers. Yes, he has been riding pine for me all season because I have playing Blount (RB), Melvin Gordon (RB), and Leveon Bell (FLEX). I'm stacked at RB and need a quality WR.

The trade on the table is his Steve Smith Sr. for my Crowell. Fair deal?

No. No no no.

Smith is doing great, lots of targets. Finally a TD. But he's not a RB1 and in many leagues he was plucked off waivers recently.

If you're going to trade peak Crowell when he's playing like $1.25, don't deal him for a quarter. He's currently RB7 in standard scoring, and Duke Johnson has never been able to take his job. That means value, even in junktime. There's no way I'd go for anything less than a top 20 WR

Ptaaty

Dont start anyone against Minnys D, ever.

I wouldn't say ever - esp the #2 or 3 WR. But I concur, right now WR and QBs I would not play against MN. Dual threat RBs take a hit - but if MN has a weak point / gives something up it is here. Saw it last week, saw it with Murray, Lacy not so much but he has just been middling again.

Ptaaty

No. No no no.

Smith is doing great, lots of targets. Finally a TD. But he's not a RB1 and in many leagues he was plucked off waivers recently.

If you're going to trade peak Crowell when he's playing like $1.25, don't deal him for a quarter. He's currently RB7 in standard scoring, and Duke Johnson has never been able to take his job. That means value, even in junktime. There's no way I'd go for anything less than a top 20 WR

Concur - barring some major change, you can get a Steve Smith level replacement for a dime a dozen. A lead back...after all the injuries...that isn't in a full blown split...getting pretty rare.

Ptaaty

Was thinking about offering Zach Ertz and either Charles Sims or Tyrell Williams for Jamaal Charles. Am I offering too little/too much? I know they are hurting for a tight end this week and I figure i'll hold onto my other TE(Delanie Walker)

Normally this is way too little...but might be worth a shot at this moment. Ertz has a lot of buzz and was playing very high level. Charles is coming off the injury VERY slowly and Ware has been pretty good. It isn't beyond reason that Charles just won't have his confidence and could take a back seat. At this point Charles is considerably behind the curve from where people were expecting on draft day or week 1.

Normally this is way too little...but might be worth a shot at this moment. Ertz has a lot of buzz and was playing very high level. Charles is coming off the injury VERY slowly and Ware has been pretty good. It isn't beyond reason that Charles just won't have his confidence and could take a back seat. At this point Charles is considerably behind the curve from where people were expecting on draft day or week 1.

Conversely, you could say that the Chiefs are on bye, they just got blown out by the Steelers and Andy Reid knows that Charles is a game changer. Also, Spencer Ware's game last week was terrible; it looked okay due to a long run in junktime, but he lost a fumble on his first carry.

I don't think Charles is a "sure thing" but there's plenty of evidence he could take the job back next week. So now is definitely the time to make an offer to an owner that is worried or needs bye week help.

Personally even in that situation I wouldn't take that package, because Ertz is just coming back + no proof Eagles will focus on the TE + Sims timeline is getting short. If he were brave enough to offer Delanie Walker I think it would get more attention.

No. No no no.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I have been having a hard time assessing his true value.
I will either start shopping him around for an actual stud WR, or might toy around with the idea of putting him in the lineup and benching Melvin Gordon (who has been a bit of a workhorse for me).

Edit: So I have Blount (hip issues, but a good matchup), Melvin Gordon (six touchdowns in four games), Leveon Bell, Isaiah Crowell. Who should I sit this week?

Okay, thanks for the advice. I have been having a hard time assessing his true value.
I will either start shopping him around for an actual stud WR, or might toy around with the idea of putting him in the lineup and benching Melvin Gordon (who has been a bit of a workhorse for me).

Edit: So I have Blount (hip issues, but a good matchup), Melvin Gordon (six touchdowns in four games), Leveon Bell, Isaiah Crowell. Who should I sit this week?

Probably whichever guy is healthier of Blount/Crowell. I guess Blount if possible but you may have to wait until Sunday morning on that.

Wow. Dude dropped Matt Ryan.

I'm starting Flacco at the moment, which is a more favorable matchup this week but I think I have to make that switch.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Wow. Dude dropped Matt Ryan.

image.php

I too have flacco atm, been streaming him since week 2, as his schedule has been pretty decent. not sure what to do this week...I may just keep on going with him...my other options are all middling...i could do hoyer, dalton, etc.

hows ryans schedule? i think it's a little difficult right? maybe pick him up, doubt anyone will grab flacco for more than just a bye week filler, so you could prob repick him up again down the road if you dont like ryan

Just realized the dude I traded Jordy & the garbage players for Crowell/Williams/Pryor?

He picked them all up on waivers.
In front of me.
Due to our fucking waiver rules which are totally ass backwards & put you to the back of the line every time

So people who are 4-0 are first in line, and people who need to pick people up are totally fucked

Definitely done with this league

hows ryans schedule? i think it's a little difficult right? maybe pick him up, doubt anyone will grab flacco for more than just a bye week filler, so you could prob repick him up again down the road if you dont like ryan

Ryans upcoming schedule is kind of rough, road games in Denver and Seattle. He's also the highest scoring QB this season by far and I don't think he will be there long.

I also have Wilson but Seattle has a bye this week.

bigkrev

Just realized the dude I traded Jordy & the garbage players for Crowell/Williams/Pryor?

He picked them all up on waivers.
In front of me.
Due to our fucking waiver rules which are totally ass backwards & put you to the back of the line every time

So people who are 4-0 are first in line, and people who need to pick people up are totally fucked

Definitely done with this league

Make them switch to FAAB next year

My WR2 situation is in dire straits...who do I start this week?

• Tyrell Williams vs OAK
  • John Brown vs SF
  • Sammie Coates vs NYJ
I'm leaning toward Tyrell Williams. Basically, I'm rolling the dice this week on big play or bust players for the WR2 spot.

rokkerkory

My WR2 situation is in dire straits...who do I start this week?

• Tyrell Williams vs OAK
  • John Brown vs SF
  • Sammie Coates vs NYJ
I'm leaning toward Tyrell Williams. Basically, I'm rolling the dice this week on big play or bust players for the WR2 spot.

Would prob go Williams and close second Coates

Tom Nook

Stat Correction!

Apparently Demarco Murray fumbled the ball which it should have him lose 2 pts. I don't see the change on the matchup screen.

Will NFL.com change it automatically or do I have to notify the commissioner?

Dropped Darkwa for DeAndre Washington today. Feel much more confident starting Lacy and Washington with Murray out than starting C.Thompson or Darkwa.

Options for my flex are:

R. Woods vs LA
T. Sharpe vs MIA
E. Royal vs IND

Im leaning toward Royal. Thoughts?

Top Bottom