• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

ACE 1991

I'm desperately thin at WR and decently stocked at RB. standard scoring league.

Someone in my league proposed Brown (ARI) for my Crowell, is this a bad trade? Probably, right? Brown had a good week last week but I want to see how he does this weekend.

Tom Nook

Someone in my league proposed Brown (ARI) for my Crowell, is this a bad trade? Probably, right? Brown had a good week last week but I want to see how he does this weekend.

Bad Trade.

What are your other RBs?

Jims

What does GAF think about Todd Gurley? Do you think he's a significant upgrade to Freeman/Crowell/Michael?

Been tossing around a trade idea of doing Jordy Nelson/Christine Michael for Todd Gurley/Sterling Shepard (standard league). Do you think this is a trade worth doing? I have a weekly advantage of playing Jordy as my WR2 each week and have been doing running back by RB2 committee. I suspect that Seattle is going back to an annoying timeshare when Rawls is healthy (I own Rawls as well). I'm just having doubts whether Gurley improves my RB corp enough to forgo that Jordy Nelson WR advantage.

I don't like it much. Crowell is someone you could conceivably play most weeks as an RB2 type, whereas Brown has the QB questions and the other Arizona WRs to worry about. I feel like Crowell could go for like a reliable WR2 type. Like someone like Jordan Matthews or Jarvis Landry.

(Owning Crowell is the most annoying player in fantasy from a trade perspective because everyone wants to buy him as a RB2 but only want to pay Flex prices. I know he plays for the Browns, but c'mon people.)

Absolutely. Cleveland has one of the better rushing attacks in the league with Crow and Duke.

Not to mention Carson's issues and current health.. if he wants Crow, he needs to give you something better.

Either an upgrade at RB (I got Ingram/Allen Hurns for Crow/Sterling Shepard and I have Ingram, Gordon, and Howard on my bench.) or give you a better WR than Brown.

Have a tough, albeit, nice to be in, position with my RB's this week.

I have Leveon, McCoy, Gurley, and Jordan Howard.

I'm starting Leveon for sure.

Who else gets the start? 1 RB 1 Flex

I'm leaning Bell, Gurley, McCoy, but a part of me is intrigued by starting Howard.

Any tips? Thanks!

ACE 1991

Absolutely. Cleveland has one of the better rushing attacks in the league with Crow and Duke.

Not to mention Carson's issues and current health.. if he wants Crow, he needs to give you something better.

Either an upgrade at RB (I got Ingram/Allen Hurns for Crow/Sterling Shepard and I have Ingram, Gordon, and Howard on my bench.) or give you a better WR than Brown.

Yep, this is what I thought, thanks!

My WR corps is abysmal. I drafted Moncrief and Sammy Watkins. Ugh.

Dazzler

Any news on Cam? I picked up Dak to cover me in case he doesn't play, but I'm likely going to have to make the call before there's definitive news on Cam

ACE 1991

What about CJ Anderson (mine) for Amari Cooper? Probably still not, right?

I countered the above offer with my Crowell for his Jordan Matthews. He's probably getting a slightly better deal, but I really need WR help and as a huge Eagles fan it'll be fun having him on my team.

Trade went through, Crowell for Matthews.

I countered the above offer with my Crowell for his Jordan Matthews. He's probably getting a slightly better deal, but I really need WR help and as a huge Eagles fan it'll be fun having him on my team.

Yeah I would always rather CJA than Cooper. But Crowell for Matthews is interesting. I'd still rather Crowell but lots of reasons why it could work out for you, and yeah, having a guy from your team can be fun.

Stat Correction!

Apparently Demarco Murray fumbled the ball which it should have him lose 2 pts. I don't see the change on the matchup screen.

Will NFL.com change it automatically or do I have to notify the commissioner?

It's automatic, even if it means turning a win last week into a loss. I've seen a team miss the playoffs once because of this.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
nothings come out about Forte right? i think i'm gonna flex Powell this week... it's either him , john brown, gio bernard, or smallwood.

I like Powells potential out of all those guys

ACE 1991

Yeah I would always rather CJA than Cooper. But Crowell for Matthews is interesting. I'd still rather Crowell but lots of reasons why it could work out for you, and yeah, having a guy from your team can be fun.

My RB situation is still Anderson, Gurley and Jordan Howard, so I should still get decent production.

DashSix

Neo Member
Ugh, someone claimed Wentz ahead of me.

I really don't trust Stafford against Philly. Crazy to bench him for another QB this week? Winston and Hoyer are probably best available fill-ins.

ACE 1991

Ugh, someone claimed Wentz ahead of me.

I really don't trust Stafford against Philly. Crazy to bench him for another QB this week? Winston and Hoyer are probably best available fill-ins.

Yeah, none of those players are good options. Stick with Stafford, I don't think he has the potential to have as offensively of a bad game as Hoyer or Winston.

phanphare

Banned
Hoyer or Derek Anderson if Cam goes down

for you I'd probably just stick with cam/anderson. the potential of cam starting is worth having to roll out anderson if he doesn't imo.

edit: obviously a different team now but back in 2014 anderson started against the bucs twice. first game he threw for 230 yards and 2 TDs and the next game he threw for 277 yards and a TD. no interceptions in either game plus he got 10 yards rushing in both. bucs are a good match up and he'll have the same primary weapons as he did back then, being kelvin and olsen.

Joe

How do you guys feel about the Steelers def this week?

They don't get a lot of points but they're playing the Jets at home this weekend.

gutshot

If you are like me and like Dave Richard's Trade Values chart but find it a pain to scroll through and calculate trades using it, I've created an online app that calculates everything for you!

https://gutshot.github.io/fftrades/

Check it out and let me know what you think. I'll be updating it each week with the latest trade values.

I personally feel that you undersold him a bit.. but considering your WRs. That is a good trade.

Thanks. I ended up going with Wallace already so I feel reassured now :D
Good. Hopefully Flacco does well because I might be forced to start him in both of my leagues

If you are like me and like Dave Richard's Trade Values chart but find it a pain to scroll through and calculate trades using it, I've created an online app that calculates everything for you!

https://gutshot.github.io/fftrades/

Check it out and let me know what you think. I'll be updating it each week with the latest trade values.
This is fantastic.. I can use that with the two other trade engines that I use.

How do we feel about Dak Prescott?

I'd like to have a solid backup QB if Cam doesn't perform right, and Dak seems nice and dependable. 13 people in the league. I had Tannehill, but he's basura

Someone offered me Matt Ryan for Phillip Rivers straight up. I should add that I also have Julio Jones and I'm 1-3 because of a dumb decision last week. Whadya guys think?

Some tough matchups for ryan the next couple of weeks has me hesitant...

Mike Wallace available in my league.. should I drop Allen Hurns for him?

Someone offered me Matt Ryan for Phillip Rivers straight up. I should add that I also have Julio Jones and I'm 1-3 because of a dumb decision last week. Whadya guys think?

Some tough matchups for ryan the next couple of weeks has me hesitant...
I wouldn't.. One has Julio Jones

The other has Travis Benjamin

Matt has been fire these last few weeks and he has a decent run game and Julio is awesome right now. Ride him til he crashes.

mackaveli

Just a quick question about weeks 10-13 and playoffs. I have Hyde who is doing well but San Fran sucks. I never really paid attention to this before but if San Fran is 1-9 etc., will they still use Hyde as a work horse back or do teams sometimes change strategies and game plan? I know Hyde is young but he my #1 RB and I worry he won't get as many carries if San Fran is 1-9 or something like that.

Keep Hyde or try and trade him for a different RB on a winning team?

Just a quick question about weeks 10-13 and playoffs. I have Hyde who is doing well but San Fran sucks. I never really paid attention to this before but if San Fran is 1-9 etc., will they still use Hyde as a work horse back or do teams sometimes change strategies and game plan? I know Hyde is young but he my #1 RB and I worry he won't get as many carries if San Fran is 1-9 or something like that.

Keep Hyde or try and trade him for a different RB on a winning team?
Stop. Don't overthink it.. Chip's offenses require a string running game so he will get his carries.

Keep him.. the only way you trade him is if someone offers you an upgrade or a sweetheart deal. He's a solid RB2. That's a premium.

UberTag

How do we feel about Dak Prescott?

I'd like to have a solid backup QB if Cam doesn't perform right, and Dak seems nice and dependable. 13 people in the league. I had Tannehill, but he's basura
I'd worry about Tony Romo coming back in 3 weeks. All reports about his recovery have come back without concerns.

Dak might only have two starts left (including this Sunday).

How do you guys feel about the Steelers def this week?

They don't get a lot of points but they're playing the Jets at home this weekend.
I'm starting them

They came out much more aggressive against KC and looked like a different D. Also the Jets offense is a turnover machine.

Who would you guys start in PPR between Theo Riddick and Matt Jones?

Both are going up against tough run defenses (Detroit vs Philly, Washington vs Baltimore). Theo is a shit runner, but his usage in the passing game makes him a safe bet to give me at least around 10 points. Jones will likely get more touches and probably has the stronger possibility of getting in the end zone, but also probably has a lower basement due his lack of usage in the passing game.

My only other options are Ryan Mathews and Duke Johnson. CJ Anderson is the other starter. My RB's are kind of shit.

ACE 1991

I'm 0-4 in my league because I've matched up with people who have had great weeks every time I've played them. Through the last 4 games my points allowed is 431, and the next highest is freaking 363. That definitely explains it, shit fucking luck.

gutshot

Who would you guys start in PPR between Theo Riddick and Matt Jones?

Both are going up against tough run defenses (Detroit vs Philly, Washington vs Baltimore). Theo is a shit runner, but his usage in the passing game makes him a safe bet to give me at least around 10 points. Jones will likely get more touches and probably has the stronger possibility of getting in the end zone, but also probably has a lower basement due his lack of usage in the passing game.

My only other options are Ryan Mathews and Duke Johnson. CJ Anderson is the other starter. My RB's are kind of shit.

Riddick is a borderline top 10 RB play in PPR leagues this week. The Lions will likely go down early and will be passing a lot to try and catch up. Stafford will be under pressure and you can expect a lot of targets to go Riddick's way.

UberTag

Riddick is a borderline top 10 RB play in PPR leagues this week. The Lions will likely go down early and will be passing a lot to try and catch up. Stafford will be under pressure and you can expect a lot of targets to go Riddick's way.
Riddick is unbenchable in any kind of PPR format with Ebron out and Tate playing like ass.

phanphare

Banned
Woods, Tamme, or Coates in my flex?

ppr? ppr I'd probably go with woods. coates is a boom or bust kind of guy but he could make your week with one play if you need some high upside. if you need a guaranteed ~5-8 points I'd go with woods and if you need to swing for the fences I'd go with coates.

Hmm two guys just dropped Mike Wallace and Michael Thomas in my ppr league. I want to pick one of them up and I'm leaning Michael Thomas. Is that who you'd all target as well? Now I just need to figure out who to drop for him. I'd do Michael Floyd but he's locked now. Maybe Dwayne Washington? Something tells me even when healthy he'll be a waste of time in ppr.

phanphare

Banned
DeAndre Washington or Blount for week 5?

I love blount this week. brady being back surely makes things worse for blount on the season but not against the browns. I feel like there are two scenarios here. scenario one is that their gameplan will utilize blount a lot because the browns' rush defense isn't great. the second scenario is that brady torches them in the first half and then lean on blount to run the clock out. either way I think he'll get a lot of touches.

ppr? ppr I'd probably go with woods. coates is a boom or bust kind of guy but he could make your week with one play if you need some high upside. if you need a guaranteed ~5-8 points I'd go with woods and if you need to swing for the fences I'd go with coates.
That's where I was leaning.. thanks. My league is PPR.

DeAndre Washington or Blount for week 5?
Blount.. Cleveland sucks ass at stopping the run.

Top Bottom