• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Unbelievable. The WR I picked up (Royal) to fill in for my injured WR (Decker) and bye week replacements (Snead and Hurns) is now injured and questionable for Sunday. And there's no one left on the waiver wire that even gets enough playing time to make it worth picking them up.

I'm 0-4 in my league because I've matched up with people who have had great weeks every time I've played them. Through the last 4 games my points allowed is 431, and the next highest is freaking 363. That definitely explains it, shit fucking luck.
To be honest, some of the fantasy magic went away for me a few years ago when I was top 3 in points scored but couldn't even manage to make the playoffs. Or when the champion with the best record in the league is middle of the road in points scored but gets the benefit of playing against opponents with awful weeks again and again.

Truth is, a vast majority of fantasy football is just stupid luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Cheers to team auto-draft for getting another championship

Unbelievable. The WR I picked up (Royal) to fill in for my injured WR (Decker) and bye week replacements (Snead and Hurns) is now injured and questionable for Sunday. And there's no one left on the waiver wire that even gets enough playing time to make it worth picking them up.

Royal is always injured. In fact, that Chicago WR core is always injured.

phanphare

Banned
winston just popped up on waivers today, wondering if i should go with him over Flacco

that's a tough one for me. I feel like flacco is safer but the bucs pass so damn much and mike evans is a beast plus carolina's defense doesn't look nearly as potent as it has in seasons past. plus the bucs just got done playing denver. however the panthers just got fucking embarrassed so they could potentially come out swinging. all of that is to say I'd probably go with flacco this week. I love jameis on the season though. his schedule is great and his playoff schedule is as ideal as you could hope for. the saints twice and the cowboys.

Sumidor

I have a problem, I have Tevin Coleman who will most likely be very limited this weekend, or I can roll the dice and hope Charles Sims doesn't play and use Jacquizz Rodgers and just pray he does something. Thoughts?

ACE 1991

To be honest, some of the fantasy magic went away for me a few years ago when I was top 3 in points scored but couldn't even manage to make the playoffs. Or when the champion with the best record in the league is middle of the road in points scored but gets the benefit of playing against opponents with awful weeks again and again.

Truth is, a vast majority of fantasy football is just stupid luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Cheers to team auto-draft for getting another championship

Injuries are by far the least fun thing about fantasy football. It's generally the team with the most high round pick players still playing by the end of the season that wins.

Gran Puma

Neo Member
Don't know who I want to start at receiver this week. Decker is out again and Baldwin is on bye.

Deciding between Hogan against my Brownies shitty D plus Tommy is back, Enunwa against Pittsburgh or Sammie Coates against the Jets.

Oh, also debating if I'm going to ride with Hunter one more week or start Walker again.

Got a trade offer in my league

Doug Martin and Charles Sims for Will Fuller.

I definitely need Running Backs and since he is offering the backup that's pretty good. Fuller has been killing it though.

My WR's:

Mike Evans
Amari Cooper
Jeremy Maclin
Will Fuller
Allen Hurns
Eddie Royal

RB's

Todd Gurley
Jeremy Hill
Giovani Bernard
Chris Ivory

Guess it seems pretty obvious but what do you guys think?

Got a trade offer in my league

Doug Martin and Charles Sims for Will Fuller.

I definitely need Running Backs and since he is offering the backup that's pretty good. Fuller has been killing it though.

My WR's:

Mike Evans
Amari Cooper
Jeremy Maclin
Will Fuller
Allen Hurns
Eddie Royal

RB's

Todd Gurley
Jeremy Hill
Giovani Bernard
Chris Ivory

Guess it seems pretty obvious but what do you guys think?
I'd take it as he's giving you Martin and his handcuff.. it's more than fair

natjjohn

Won't go into specifics, but different type of league.

Right now starting Duke Johnson as my RB over Sims.

I could get DeAndre Washington. Would drop Jamison Crowder and start Washington over Duke. Here's the rub, would cost $50 to do. Normal FA cost is $5 with potential to bid higher if two or more people want the same guy.

Would start Duke or pay the $50 for Deandre?

I could get DeAndre Washington. Would drop Jamison Crowder and start Washington over Duke. Here's the rub, would cost $50 to do. Normal FA cost is $5 with potential to bid higher if two or more people want the same guy.

I don't know much about FAAB.. but that seems expensive to do. Duke is reliable for probably 5 points or so still even with Crow taking most of the carries.

Are you that desperate for RBs? If so, then yeah because Washington should get most of the carries reportedly.

Yeah I know just wanted more opinions haha thanks. I'm going to do it.
No problem

UberTag

Seems like a lot of dough to commit up front for an RB situation that's in flux. Washington has yet to log his first start and has a talented guy in Jalen Richard right behind him.

And I say that as a DeAndre owner in multiple leagues. (FAAB leagues where I paid a lot less for him off the wire... like $0 before Latavius Murray got himself hobbled with turf toe.)

I think I'd stick with Duke and Crowder.

Eli@GB Or Winston@Carolina? Either of them would be my backup long term (Bree's is my starter) so they're sorta a 1 week rental.
Eli. Packers secondary has been abysmal. Shields is still out and Damarius Randall is questionable. Pack is also #1 in run D. Giants will need to pass.

natjjohn

Seems like a lot of dough to commit up front for an RB situation that's in flux. Washington has yet to log his first start and has a talented guy in Jalen Richard right behind him.

And I say that as a DeAndre owner in multiple leagues. (FAAB leagues where I paid a lot less for him off the wire... like $0 before Latavius Murray got himself hobbled with turf toe.)

I think I'd stick with Duke and Crowder.

What I thought to.

Zero dollars not an option in this league. Have to do at least $5 and if more than one wants same person. Blind bid

bigkrev

Alright, I got a real crisis on my hand. It's Drew Brees' bye, so I have to burn a roster spot on a QB this week. However, due to bye weeks and massive injurys/uncertanty, I need to drop 1 player because I don't have a kicker currently, and also set a lineup

My Roster

RB:
Issaih Crowell
Terrance West
Charles Sims
Jacquizz Rodgers

WR:
Terrelle Pryor
Steve Smith

TE:
Delanie Walker

INJURED/BYE
Mark Ingram
Latavius Murray
Stefon Diggs
Eric Decker

I don't think Sims is going to play, and even if he is, it's not till monday night so it's not like I can use him unless I also have Rodgers on my team.

I guess this boils down to- am I starting Delanie Walker at flex and dropping Rodgers, or am I dropping Walker and starting Rodgers?

SaviorX

Crowell or Fozzy Whittaker for my RB slot? PPR league
Also Delanie Walker or Zach Miller for TE
I'd start Miller and Crowell. Hoyer has keyed in on Miller recently and has actually been playing well at QB the past few weeks.

Whittaker may split with Artis-Payne and get shut down with Cam out. But, it's your team so don't hold me to this.

I'd start Miller and Crowell. Hoyer has keyed in on Miller recently and has actually been playing well at QB the past few weeks.

Whittaker may split with Artis-Payne and get shut down with Cam out. But, it's your team so don't hold me to this.

If I lose tomorrow I'm comin' for joo

BradC00

i dropped walker last week. it might come to bite me in the ass but mariota is playing bad, and walker looked really slow when i watched them last sunday. hopping on the brate train.

i dropped walker last week. it might come to bite me in the ass but mariota is playing bad, and walker looked really slow when i watched them last sunday. hopping on the brate train.

I wanna try to get rid of em but nobody's taking the bait

One more bit, Derek Anderson or Hoyer? TB is TERRIBLE but Anderson could be a flop

phanphare

Banned
I really liked hoyer this week but I forgot how injured all of his weapons were. actually not sure who I'd go with between him and anderson. kevin white's out and eddie royal didn't practice and is questionable. isn't alshon also dealing with something?

I really liked hoyer this week but I forgot how injured all of his weapons were. actually not sure who I'd go with between him and anderson. kevin white's out and eddie royal didn't practice and is questionable. isn't alshon also dealing with something?

alshon is always dealing with something lol

Joe

lkroW6R.png

My team on the left and my match-up this week. Feeling good about it.

If I win this weekend I'll be in a 3-way tie for 2nd in my division after starting 0-3.

(Other 4 teams in division are all 2-2 and they're all playing each other this week and my opponent is in first at 3-1.)

Halp!

Quincy Enuwa (who?) or DeAndre Hopkins this week?

Normally that would seem like a no brainer.. But Hopkins caught one pass for 4 yards last week and is playing the Vikings this week.. Is it crazy to bench him?

My other WR are Crabtree and Emmanuel Sanders.

fep

Halp!

Normally that would seem like a no brainer.. But Hopkins caught one pass for 4 yards last week and is playing the Vikings this week.. Is it crazy to bench him?

Hopkins, go with your stud and don't forget who is throwing to Enunwa.

Halp!

Hopkins.. don't overthink it. Play your best players

Top Bottom