• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

K.Sabot

congratulations obj you caught your first touchdown in garbage time, giants still garbage team though.

tbh i'm salty that he just sucks all around this year, not even related to him being graced with my 2nd overall pick.

congratulations obj you caught your first touchdown in garbage time, giants still garbage team though.

tbh i'm salty that he just sucks all around this year, not even related to him being graced with my 2nd overall pick.
Garbage time???? It's a 1 score game now with 3 minutes left

would have been top points if I had swapped Steve smith for Coates like i was really close to doing, but still won and now 4-1, tied for #2nd.

Finally got to unleash Tom Brady after drafting him high because I forgot about the suspensions. I know it was Cleveland but what a performance.

My defense ended up being my highest score this week with 15 points. Sad part is I'd still have a shot this week if David Johnson didn't score 30 on Thursday.

K.Sabot

Might barely eak out a win if Panthers' D and Greg Olson don't do too much. Not too enthused about chances because that backup QB will probably overtarget him.

now i got a tough decision: bench odell for aj green? i was actually incredibly lucky to have benched green this week for deandre hopkins, glad i loaded wr this year.

I finally won my first game in my main league...but 43 of my 129 points came from my kicker and Team defense. So yeah, nothing to get excited about. It's nice to get a win but if I lose next week I feel like it's time to just abandon this one and focus on my secondary league which still has some money on the line.

I think I see why people play in 8-10 leagues now. Whichever you're doing badly in you just autopilot the rest of the way and then focus on the ones you're doing good at.

K.Sabot

I finally won my first game in my main league...but 43 of my 129 points came from my kicker and Team defense. So yeah, nothing to get excited about. It's nice to get a win but if I lose next week I feel like it's time to just abandon this one and focus on my secondary league which still has some money on the line.

I think I see why people play in 8-10 leagues now. Whichever you're doing badly in you just autopilot the rest of the way and then focus on the ones you're doing good at.

its like putting $50 on black and $50 on red at the roulette table, I don't like it.

I put my soul into one fantasy league and I ride that ship to hell. 2-1-1 this season, I actually tied two weeks ago. I enjoy the drama if everyone cares about the league they're in.

its like putting $50 on black and $50 on red at the roulette table, I don't like it.

I put my soul into one fantasy league and I ride that ship to hell. 2-1-1 this season, I actually tied two weeks ago. I enjoy the drama if everyone cares about the league they're in.

I was a 1 league guy for a while. The only reason why I joined another league is because I didn't get a say in my original when it comes to the scoring system. Even though I'm pretty vocal about changes I want to see. Despite getting things my way, I care much much more for my original league.

I put all my heart and energy into it my main league. It crushed me last year when I ended 4-9 and tied for the worse record. And it's killing me right now that I started 0-4. I'm about to get my first win but my guys aren't giving me much hope. It doesn't mean I'm giving up(yeah I know what I said, but I didn't mean it literally) but I have to shift my focus a bit since I do have another league where I'm doing much better.

I need 38 points from Carolina DEF and Luke Kuechly. Ugh. I'm undefeated so far and just got edged out by a guy that put all his eggs in the Patriots basket and it worked wonders for him.

NateDrake

After my team tanked this week (aside from Shady), I need the Panther Defense, Olsen, and Kelvin to score 76 combined points for me to make a comeback and win the week. Doesn't look good.

Up 131 - 120 with Carolina D and he has C.Brate...all because his kicker had to get 22 points -__- It shouldn't be this close lol. Brate's gonna haul in 3 TD's tonight, isn't he..wouldn't be surprised.

UberTag

I've got a 10.2 point cushion and Greg Olsen going tonight against Mike Evans in a 0.5-point PPR league.
Fairly confident but with no Cam throwing tonight I'm not exactly counting on a win.

In another matchup which I'm fairly confident I'm losing, I'm clinging to a 13.1 lead with my opponent fielding both Brate and the Panthers D/ST (standard scoring).

QB moving forward?

I'm sitting on Palmer and started Hoyer this week

Brian Hoyer has Jax next week at home, so I might ride that train at least another week. Do I sit on Carson Palmer to see if he turns it around and ride Hoyer/waiver wire to play matchups from now on? Streaming QBs isn't the worst thing in the world but I've had it burn me seasons past, I prefer to have a stud I can plug in every week.

The Tom Brady owner also has Matt Ryan so I could try to make a move there. Another owner has both Rodgers and Cam. My core team is really good, I'd rather not give up too much for a QB

Jarnet87

I'm going back to one league next year. Makes me salty when you have to go up against players you own in another league.

I think Derek Anderson will do just fine against the Bucs, because the defense is comically bad without injuries. Add to that McCoy and Ayers are doubtful and he could easily put up 250-300 yards and a couple touchdowns.

Both have been very good.

I've been eyeing on Thielen.

With Diggs out, he's the guy.
Yeah, but how long will Diggs be out for....

Sounds like he'll be back right after their bye, in which case picking up Thielen is not a good idea. Meanwhile Meridith is replacing White...

UberTag

I like Meredith more if only because he's going to get peppered with targets now that Kevin White is on IR and Jeffery is in decoy mode.

Whereas Diggs could be back healthy after the Week 6 bye.
Granted, the fact that the Vikings are 5-0 means they don't have to rush him back if he's not 100%.

wbsmcs

QB moving forward?

I'm sitting on Palmer and started Hoyer this week

Brian Hoyer has Jax next week at home, so I might ride that train at least another week. Do I sit on Carson Palmer to see if he turns it around and ride Hoyer/waiver wire to play matchups from now on? Streaming QBs isn't the worst thing in the world but I've had it burn me seasons past, I prefer to have a stud I can plug in every week.

The Tom Brady owner also has Matt Ryan so I could try to make a move there. Another owner has both Rodgers and Cam. My core team is really good, I'd rather not give up too much for a QB

I'm incredibly biased towards streaming QBs, so maybe wait for another opinion, but I wouldn't give up anything of value for a "stud" QB.

Since he got the starting job 3 weeks ago, Hoyer has been the 3rd best fantasy QB.

But yes I know, with stud QBs you don't have to worry about picking the right guy every week!

This season there has been only 2 QBs who scored above 20 points 4 times (4pt passing TD). Our studs Ben Roethlisberger and Derek Carr.

Now if you own a "stud" QB because you drafted one, than I would stay with them, sure. I have Brees and Brady in a couple leagues because they fell to me late, and I'm happy to keep them in my lineup week in week out.

But I would NOT give up something of value for a guy like Ryan or Luck/Rodgers. Your RB2 or WR2 is much more valuable I believe, especially in ppr leagues. And I would maybe hold Palmer for a week or 2, but not hesitate to cut him for the next QB playing Oak, NO, Tampa, etc.

UberTag

Trade Analysis por favor:

Team A gets Matt Jones, Moncrief, and Sterling Shepard
Team B gets Lamar Miller and Quincy Enunwa
Jones is a matchup RB play. Shepard's potential is depleted by the struggles of Manning and the Giants' offensive line. Miller is underachieving despite a ton of volume. Enunwa is just a guy in a favorable situation who will see a lot of targets while Decker is on the shelf but probably won't score much.

Moncrief is the X-factor in this equation and the likely reason I consider Team A as getting the better end of what is a reasonable trade exchange. Of course, there remains a question on when he returns. Could be as early as Week 7 or as late as Week 9 (right before the Colts' bye) barring any setbacks.

I see a solid potential for touchdowns in the Team A side of the equation. Not as much potential on the Team B side (only 1 TD thus far between Miller and Enunwa).

Jones is a matchup RB play. Shepard's potential is depleted by the struggles of Manning and the Giants' offensive line. Miller is underachieving despite a ton of volume. Enunwa is just a guy in a favorable situation who will see a lot of targets while Decker is on the shelf but probably won't score much.

Moncrief is the X-factor in this equation and the likely reason I consider Team A as getting the better end of what is a reasonable trade exchange. Of course, there remains a question on when he returns. Could be as early as Week 7 or as late as Week 9 (right before the Colts' bye) barring any setbacks.

I see a solid potential for touchdowns in the Team A side of the equation. Not as much potential on the Team B side (only 1 TD thus far between Miller and Enunwa).

Thanks, good analysis. I'm actually Team B in this equation, but looking at my other players I'm pretty solid at RB already. I've been holding on to Moncrief holding he'll return sooner rather than later.

I have Melvin Gordon

I'm offering Him and Tyrell Williams for Marvin Jones and Eddie Lacy..

Is that reasonable?

Or should I ride Melvin until he crashes because I'm getting no offers.

fep

Kerley, Meredith, Enunwa, Chris Hogan, Eddie Royal.

Who would you rather roster? Not as a starter, but as a backup/bench warmer.

I'm incredibly biased towards streaming QBs, so maybe wait for another opinion, but I wouldn't give up anything of value for a "stud" QB.

Since he got the starting job 3 weeks ago, Hoyer has been the 3rd best fantasy QB.

But yes I know, with stud QBs you don't have to worry about picking the right guy every week!

This season there has been only 2 QBs who scored above 20 points 4 times (4pt passing TD). Our studs Ben Roethlisberger and Derek Carr.

Now if you own a "stud" QB because you drafted one, than I would stay with them, sure. I have Brees and Brady in a couple leagues because they fell to me late, and I'm happy to keep them in my lineup week in week out.

But I would NOT give up something of value for a guy like Ryan or Luck/Rodgers. Your RB2 or WR2 is much more valuable I believe, especially in ppr leagues. And I would maybe hold Palmer for a week or 2, but not hesitate to cut him for the next QB playing Oak, NO, Tampa, etc.
Thank you for your take. I agree with you overall. The Hoyer Train rolls on for now.

My bench is bad, mostly because I have a bunch of guys injured but I have some potential pieces for a trade. Jamaal Charles and Eifert should both be back soon so we'll see if it was worth hanging on to those guys or not.

I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up but I do think Matt Ryan is more than fool's gold at this point. This is the best offensive line he's had in a long time (if not ever) and we've seen Ryan excell when he's protected. He plays Seattle next and then goes on bye so it would be a few weeks before I'd start him anyway, but he is on my radar if I can nab him cheap.

1)Hogan 2)Enunwa. Meredith is worth a flier since White is on IR. Eddie Royal has looked ok so far this season and has a decent floor in a PPR league. Kerley's QB is up in the air, it might be hard to rely on him so I'd rank him last of those 5.

Some of the potential waiver pick ups for you guys are insane. Someone drafted Hogan in my league and sat him. I'd kill for that kind of value just waiting on waivers.

What do you guys think about volume vs value trades?

Like, say, Matt Jones, Sterling Shepard and Philip Dorsett for Brandon Marshall.

I feel pretty good about my running corp but I'd love to get a great receiver. I feel a little wary of losing that much depth but I feel like it's a fair trade. The person I'm looking to trade with could use some depth from my perspective.

Hogan def

mr2xxx

Banned
Bennett vs Kelce going forward in PPR. Luckily I picked up Bennet on th WW due to the chiefs bye and now I have a good problem and I'll use the other for a trade.

NYR

Dat feeling when your Kicker makes a FG Sunday night in the 4th quarter with 6:00 left and you win by 1 point:

giphy.gif

What do you guys think about volume vs value trades?

Rarely works because you're trading telling the other guy to take three lesser players AND surrender two roster slots. So in effect you are saying those two extra guys are so good that the other team has two players worthless enough to drop outright.

With one slot at least you can make the argument. With two slots it seems really blatant, and that's why those deals are rarely taken.

NYR

For my own sake: will the Buccaneers defense/special teams get more than 4 points tonight?
Yep. With Cam out and the Panthers playing like poo, yeah, you got a shot. Not to mention Carolina gives up the 3rd most points to D/ST, have provided an average of 12.5 fantasy points, only the Jets and Bucs give up more points.

Rarely works because you're trading telling the other guy to take three lesser players AND surrender two roster slots. So in effect you are saying those two extra guys are so good that the other team has two players worthless enough to drop outright.

With one slot at least you can make the argument. With two slots it seems really blatant, and that's why those deals are rarely taken.

Very true, but the guy in thinking of trading with is holding two defenses and huge busts in John Brown and Jay Ajayi. I feel like the players I'm offering area big upgrades over that.

Joe

Holy fuck BALLS!

mx0c194.jpg

I was up big heading into tonight and my opponent had Jacquizz Rodgers AND Greg Olsen and only needed 3 more yards at the end to get the win.

FUCKKKKK. I can't handle that again.

FTF

Holy fuck BALLS!

mx0c194.jpg

I was up big heading into tonight and my opponent had Jacquizz Rodgers AND Greg Olsen and only needed 3 more yards at the end to get the win.

FUCKKKKK. I can't handle that again.

I'd wait for Wed morning stat corrections before celebrating. But that's crazy!

phanphare

Banned
well derek anderson was a flop, jesus

the bucs were like "hey anderson, please shred us apart. score multiple passing TDs on us. it's cool, we're used to it" and he was like "nah"

So, need to pick 3 out of 4 for receivers...

Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, DeAndre Hopkins, and Allen Robinson

Fitz and Hopkins have excellent matchups, Jordy has been reliable but due for some TD regression, Allen Robinson is coming off bye, has big play ability has been doing better the past two games. (For the record, my WRs came at the expense of my RBs).

Top Bottom