• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

necrosis

So I successfully made a trade of Matt Jones for Brandon Marshall. I feel like I have a chance at getting back in this thing after being down 1-4. So it's question time:

Who to start?

Carson Palmer or Brian Hoyer?

I'm going to play Marshall as my WR1. I need to decide who for WR2 between Brandin Cooks, Jeremy Maclin, Sammy Coates, and Sterling Shepard.

For my Flex I was going to go with Theo Riddick (who I should have went with over Jones last week and I would have won). Would you recommend starting one of those other WR's over Riddick instead?

Thanks for the help in advance. This is the worst fantasy season I've ever had. Pretty demoralizing and has me questioning who to start.

uh wow

you fucking robbed whoever you traded with lol

Trade advice..

DeAndre Hopkins & Dez Bryant for Jordan Howard & Martellus Bennett.

No, right? But my RB situation isn't good (C.Mike, Terrance West, McKinnon [Bye], Doug Martin [Out]) and my TE is on a bye (Rudolph).

For WR I have Crabtree, Sanders, Allen Robinson, Cameron Meridith, Sammie Coates.

3 WR, 2 RB + 1 TE + WR/RB/TE Flex.

I wouldn't saw Bennett is a must have TE to have right now but I would say that that is an OK trade. You can do way better. Howard looks great right now and doesn't look like he'll be giving his job up.

I think Hopkins can turn it around. As far as Bryant goes, Dak just not the QB for him imo. It's really more of, are you really hurting at RB to get less value of what these WR are/could really be worth.

UberTag

I couldn't even be bothered to wait for practice reports this week.

Dumped Steve Smith to the wire with the assumption that he's already lost for this week, probably won't play against the Jets in Week 7, will miss Week 8 for the Ravens bye and MIGHT be good to go for Week 9. And with a new offensive coordinator taking over, who the hell knows what role he'll have at that time.

Figured I'd roll the dice with Corey Coleman instead. Didn't need Steve this week and wasn't willing to wait another 3 weeks to see anything more out of him when I can potentially get something out of Corey a lot sooner.

Are people really considering these clearly awful trades!? Your RB situation is not desperate enough to consider this.

Desperate times call for desperate measures! I drafted Doug Martin, Thomas Rawls, and Jeremey Langford as my 3 RB's. I got lucky and got Christine Michael, missed on Jordan Howard, and am still waiting for Martin to come back.

I wouldn't saw Bennett is a must have TE to have right now but I would say that that is an OK trade. You can do way better. Howard looks great right now and doesn't look like he'll be giving his job up.

I think Hopkins can turn it around. As far as Bryant goes, Dak just not the QB for him imo. It's really more of, are you really hurting at RB to get less value of what these WR are/could really be worth.

Yeah, I am overstocked on WR and there is nothing RB-wise on the waivers or FA. Bennett would help since I need a TE this week, and we have really small benches (4 spots).

I dunno. I go back and forth. The same trade was offered last week and if I would have done it I would have won.. so.. blah. Stupid fantasy!

Jarlaxle

giphy.gif

dude must have been hurting hard at RB, jesus

Yeah, I believe their top two RB's to start the season were Adrian Peterson and Thomas Rawls. It's been pretty slim pickings on the waiver wire for RB's and they already have Allen Robinson and Doug Baldwin which they can play at WR's so I was able to convince it was a win-win situation since I'm sitting at 1-4 and they're 1-3-1.

UberTag

Jordan Reed's prevalent concussion history rears its ugly head once again. I knew there was a reason I consciously avoided him in drafts this year.

Really hoping I can count on Palmer this weekend. Him throwing against the Jets is too juicy of a matchup. He needs to get out of that concussion protocol though.

I have Alex Smith against Oakland as my backup though so I should be okay either way.

Dez practicing today.. wonder what the chances are he plays this week or plays before their week 7 bye?

I went ahead with the trade, but switched it up.

DeAndre Hopkins & Cameron Meredith for Jordan Howard & Martellus Bennett.

That cool trade website (Thanks gutshot!) https://gutshot.github.io/fftrades/ says it's a fair deal.

I drafted Hopkins in the first round (#7th overall) but I just don't have faith in Osweiler right now. That combined with Fuller generally looking good.. I don't mind letting go. *deep breath*

Tom Nook

Worth trading for J Charles?

Crowell for Charles?

I'm not using Crowell weekly and stewart is back.

RBs: Zeke, Stewart, Howard, Crowell.

Doing a quick look around the league (because my ass can't afford this. I would have to give you Russell, A-Rob, and Jordan Howard and be left with Flacco, a busted Decker, and Ingram/Melvin as my best players outside of Brown.)

The only people who arguably could..
Pep
Fanatic
Chuck

Pep won't do it (trust me, I know), Fanatic isn't shopping anyone at the moment (God I wish he would) and Chuck would probably 50-50 at best.

If you had a better RB or WR2 I'd do Brown, either one of my QB's and someone from my bench for Wilson, Robinson and one of those.

KingCookie5

Neo Member
Does anyone think I should trade Blount for Kyle Rudolph? My backs are Blount, Freeman, Ingram, Stewart, Dixon and Mckinnon with Martelus Bennet as my only Tight End. Kept hearing for a while to sell Blount a couple of weeks ago but held onto him, can't seem to get much for him in my league except for this trade so maybe hes worth keeping?

UberTag

Might as well.. you can probably buy something pretty if the Charles owner accepts
Anyone that's been nursing Charles on their roster through 5 weeks just to part ways with him now would need to have their sanity questioned, IMO. Doubt they bite for Crowell coming off a 13-for-22 rushing performance and facing another daunting rush defense this week.

Does anyone think I should trade Blount for Kyle Rudolph? My backs are Blount, Freeman, Ingram, Stewart, Dixon and Mckinnon with Martelus Bennet as my only Tight End. Kept hearing for a while to sell Blount a couple of weeks ago but held onto him, can't seem to get much for him in my league except for this trade so maybe hes worth keeping?

This is a smart move

If you had a better RB or WR2 I'd do Brown, either one of my QB's and someone from my bench for Wilson, Robinson and one of those.
Sometimes in life, we have to settle.. if you are really trying to shop Antonio (for the record, you're asking too much for me to be really interested.), then you're gonna have to settle.

Pep is probably your best bet with David Johnson, Nelson, and Jameis/Wentz.

But he will never take it.

Anyone that's been nursing Charles on their roster through 5 weeks just to part ways with him now would need to have their sanity questioned, IMO. Doubt they bite for Crowell coming off a 13-for-22 rushing performance and facing another daunting rush defense this week.
I figure that.. but if he can get a guy to accept that deal.. why not make it?

And we live in unusual times Uber, there are some unusual people in the world.

necrosis

melvin gordon or terrance west this week? gordon's YPC is absolute garbage and i feel like denver will be out for blood after atlanta shredded them, but he really has no one to split work with at this point and seems to get a lot of opportunities in the red zone

melvin gordon or terrance west this week? gordon's YPC is absolute garbage and i feel like denver will be out for blood after atlanta shredded them, but he really has no one to split work with at this point and seems to get a lot of opportunities in the red zone

I can't not start Gordon. :( Pretty much need to keep this roller coaster going until he stops scoring touchdowns, and that has just not happened yet. Besides, even if the Broncos devour the Chargers on the field, you have to remember Philip Rivers finds a way to make it to 400 yards anyway. So opportunities will be there for them to lose 23-29

Gordon is going to end up with like 20 TDs and under 700 yards rushing.

Lol someone dropped Den D for Atl D. I won't be able to pick them up because of waiver priority but LOL. I mean, yeah, they're on bye but...

necrosis

I can't not start Gordon. :( Pretty much need to keep this roller coaster going until he stops scoring touchdowns, and that has just not happened yet. Besides, even if the Broncos devour the Chargers on the field, you have to remember Philip Rivers finds a way to make it to 400 yards anyway. So opportunities will be there for them to lose 23-29

ugh true

hard to do away with my concerns that he'll put up like 8 points and then fumble away a couple of them but i might have to suck it up

PPR I am going to start either T Coleman vs Seattle or J Charles vs Oakland. Leaning Coleman especially because Charles hasn't done anything let. Right call?

Need help deciding who to start at RB this week. Please pick 2 of these options (.5 PPR)

DeAndre Washington vs KC
James Starks vs DAL
Cameron Artis Payne @ NO
Spencer Ware @ OAK
Jalen Richard vs KC

PPR I am going to start either T Coleman vs Seattle or J Charles vs Oakland. Leaning Coleman especially because Charles hasn't done anything let. Right call?

I'd start Charles. Per rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles is practicing in full for Week 6 against the Raiders.
Asked if he feels 100 percent, Charles said he's "110 percent" healthy coming out of the bye. When asked if Charles would be more active than he was in his Week 4 debut, coach Andy Reid said, "As long as there are no setbacks, he'll probably do a little bit more." Reid hasn't been one to push Charles this year, but we'd expect Charles to get the opportunity to gain the hot hand against Oakland, especially with Spencer Ware having some fumble issues the past couple games. Charles is probably safe to fire up as an RB2 with obvious upside. Oct 12 - 2:13 PM

necrosis

this is difficult -- assuming no news suggests otherwise, i would be inclined to THINK that charles will revert to being the workhorse with the chiefs coming off of the bye. if this is the case, he's almost certainly the better pick -- he has a better floor, ceiling, and matchup than coleman. that being said, coleman probably is the safer pick, primarily for the reason you've pointed out

since both teams are playing later, maybe wait and see how your matchup is panning out? if you need to come from behind, take a gamble on charles; otherwise, run with coleman

wbsmcs

I would go Charles. Love what Coleman has done but he's been over performing by a lot this year. Oakland is a juicy matchup as well.

Coleman could be in for a good game script if Atlanta is trailing Seattle. Ryan might have to do a bunch of dump offs which he seems to turn into huge yardage. I would still lean to the guy who's going to get 80% of the carries. Keep on listening to the KC news to see if Charles will indeed be the bellcow this week.

I'd start Charles. Per rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles is practicing in full for Week 6 against the Raiders.
Asked if he feels 100 percent, Charles said he's "110 percent" healthy coming out of the bye. When asked if Charles would be more active than he was in his Week 4 debut, coach Andy Reid said, "As long as there are no setbacks, he'll probably do a little bit more." Reid hasn't been one to push Charles this year, but we'd expect Charles to get the opportunity to gain the hot hand against Oakland, especially with Spencer Ware having some fumble issues the past couple games. Charles is probably safe to fire up as an RB2 with obvious upside. Oct 12 - 2:13 PM

Yeah I read that and it's the reason I'm second guessing myself haha. Charles is a great player but I'm just not sure if I want to risk it here.

this is difficult -- assuming no news suggests otherwise, i would be inclined to THINK that charles will revert to being the workhorse with the chiefs coming off of the bye. if this is the case, he's almost certainly the better pick -- he has a better floor, ceiling, and matchup than coleman. that being said, coleman probably is the safer pick, primarily for the reason you've pointed out

since both teams are playing later, maybe wait and see how your matchup is panning out? if you need to come from behind, take a gamble on charles; otherwise, run with coleman

Probably end up doing as you said and wait until the last minute. Good call.

wbsmcs

Need help deciding who to start at RB this week. Please pick 2 of these options (.5 PPR)

DeAndre Washington vs KC
James Starks vs DAL
Cameron Artis Payne @ NO
Spencer Ware @ OAK
Jalen Richard vs KC

I'd go CAP and Starks...but who even knows. Hopefully things clear up for you by Sunday because each of those guys could be an RB1 if they get the carries.

Lol someone dropped Den D for Atl D. I won't be able to pick them up because of waiver priority but LOL. I mean, yeah, they're on bye but...

In 5 weeks Denver D has weeks of 3,5, and 9 points. I'd drop them too and keep a lottery ticket like Smallwood or Jacquizz at the end of my bench.

OH WAIT....Denver isn't even on bye.....my bad....questionable move for sure

necrosis

DeAndre Washington vs KC
James Starks vs DAL
Cameron Artis Payne @ NO
Spencer Ware @ OAK
Jalen Richard vs KC

none of these are super appealing

assuming lacy and murray are out (or limited), i would go with starks and richard

wbsmcs

Just acquired Doug Martin in two leagues. One for Crowell, the other for Jordan Reed.

He's going to be in for a huge 2nd half now that Sims is out. Jacquizz Rodgers got 30 touches last game...if Martin could get 25/game I could see him average around 80-90 yards per game with some TDs thrown in.

2 games against the Saints in the fantasy playoffs helps as well.

UberTag

Just acquired Doug Martin in two leagues. One for Crowell, the other for Jordan Reed.
Landing Doug Martin for Jordan Reed is highway robbery.
Reed could be done for the season given his recent concussion history.
Way to get something for him while his outlook remains nebulous.

2 games against the Saints in the fantasy playoffs helps as well.
Landing Martin right now is the kind of move that wins leagues.

wbsmcs

So looking at the waiver and Greg Olsen is going to be on a bye next week so I'm trying to look ahead.

Should I pick up Allen, Ebron, Rodgers, or Clay?

Ebron would be the best pick, but who knows with his health now, so it might be a waste to hold him for a week.

I like Clay. Getting more targets now that Watkins is out. Dwayne Allen and Rodgers are more TD dependant, where as Clay has 40-50 yds as a decent floor for a TE stream.

Ebron would be the best pick, but who knows with his health now, so it might be a waste to hold him for a week.

I like Clay. Getting more targets now that Watkins is out. Dwayne Allen and Rodgers are more TD dependant, where as Clay has 40-50 yds as a decent floor for a TE stream.
Thank you..

Gonna drop Decker and put in that claim

I'm starting Charles with the expectation it will be 50/50 split with Ware and he might have a dud week. BUT...

part of me believes it will be full steam ahead. Eventually Charles will take over that backfield. It might be this week. It might be next week. I'd rather take a chance to get on the train at the right time than miss a week or 2 of great production.

Charles is a difference maker and top tier talent when healthy and If you take away the week 1 explosion, Ware isn't on that level.

All right so in one of my leagues the bottom has really fallen out on my weak WR core while Moncrief is out

Which two should I start? Maybe add in a FLEX suggestion?

- Tyrell Williams vs DEN
- Michael Floyd vs NYJ
- Mike Wallace @ NYG
- Philip Dorsett @ HOU
- Chris Hogan vs CIN

Right now I have Williams, Floyd, and Wallace starting... but things are looking kinda grim with Williams going against Denver. I'm only starting Floyd because it's against the Jets and their shit secondary. I think Dorsett is a better player than Wallace but Wallace gets way more targets and he's not going against the fucking Texans' awesome receiving D. Hogan is a huge wild card, I'm not sure Brady will target him like crazy again but who knows.

Top Bottom