• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tom Nook

Think about acquiring Edelman with Brady back.

Trade away Crowell for Edelman?

How's Crowell ROS?

WRs: Nelson, M Jones JR, Landry, Diggs
RBs: Zeke, Howard, Crowell, Stewart

fep

Hogan def

1)Hogan 2)Enunwa

Some of the potential waiver pick ups for you guys are insane. Someone drafted Hogan in my league and sat him. I'd kill for that kind of value just waiting on waivers.

I like hogan out of all those

Lots of Hogan love! ... or Pats/Brady love really.

I'm currently rostering Enunwa, Hogan was a bye week casualty. The guy drafted him and held him until Fri/Sat. Considered swapping Enunwa for one of these guys, but will probably let my waiver climb.

Think about acquiring Edelman with Brady back.

Trade away Crowell for Edelman?

How's Crowell ROS?

WRs: Nelson, M Jones JR, Landry, Diggs
RBs: Zeke, Howard, Crowell, Stewart

Crowell's schedule at first glance is a dumpster fire, but he performed well in some of those in-division matchups, so to be honest I think he's in a great position to perform. The team itself is the real dumpster fire, which means all offense, no D for the forseeable future.

Given your team I'd rather have Crowell because you seem more stacked at WR

Tom Nook

Thanks, I'll hold on to Crowell and try to acquire Hogan.

Also,

Should I be concern staring SEA DEF vs ATL?

Looking at Carolina and Denver Defenses, ATL won those games with Jones and the RB combo Freeman/Coleman

Update on my last week's conundrum: Start Tyrell Williams or Sammie Coates?

I ended up going with Williams. Coates had a pretty monster day, but Williams put in a pretty solid showing, too.

Coates: 6 rec, 136 yds, 2 TDs
Williams: 5 rec, 117 yds, 1 TD

Either way, it was enough to get the job done, it turns out. :)

This week's decision: Crowell vs TEN, Tyrell Williams vs DEN, or Jeremy Maclin vs OAK at the FLEX?

I'm leaning toward Maclin at the moment, given the uphill matchups for the other two.

nillapuddin

Damn gaf, questions everywhere

vxPWMaG.jpg

Rivers / Wentz
Think I might go wentz, Rivers always gets his, bur scared of Denver

No idea what to do with WR

Thanks, I'll hold on to Crowell and try to acquire Hogan.

Also,

Should I be concern staring SEA DEF vs ATL?

Looking at Carolina and Denver Defenses, ATL won those games with Jones and the RB combo Freeman/Coleman

Yeah, although SEA allows the least points per game I think. With any of those three defenses you get points because either they hold the Falcons to few points OR because they have the playmakers to score on defense. CAR still had 7 points versus the Falcons in general Yahoo scoring which is pretty damn good compared to other defenses on the waiver shelf.

Who gives a crap if Julio puts up 500 yards receiving. If the Seahawks corners catch 3 INT you still finish in the plus. That's why I would start MIN/SEA/DEN every week regardless. Maybe PHI/CAR too. These defenses all have tons of guys who can get you the sacks or INTs or returns to give a plus week.

Any suggestions on who to use as my QB for this week?

I currently have Eli Manning and Blake Bortles. I'm 100% dropping Eli tomorrow and unless someone else drops their QB(not very likely) my best choices will probably be either Bortles, Brian Hoyer or Alex Smith.

UberTag

Any suggestions on who to use as my QB for this week?

I currently have Eli Manning and Blake Bortles. I'm 100% dropping Eli tomorrow and unless someone else drops their QB(not very likely) my best choices will probably be either Bortles, Brian Hoyer or Alex Smith.
Might as well ride Hoyer unless the matchup is nasty while he remains hot.

Doomsayer

I made a huge trade yesterday... this will either save me or kill me.

I traded:

Julio Jones
Matt Jones
Eli Manning

for

LeSean McCoy
Russell Wilson
Eric Decker

I was really getting nothing out of my RBs (Lacy, Ivory, J.Charles, Matt Jones)
My receivers were fine, even without Julio (Fitzgerald, Cooks, Cooper)
My QBs are both pretty inconsistent as well (Manning, Stafford)

I think I did well on this trade.

The Ryan Matthews or Isiah Crowell issue won't go away. PPR League.

Who to drop, who to keep. Crowell's highers have been higher, but Mathews has been more consistent.

ACE 1991

The Ryan Matthews or Isiah Crowell issue won't go away. PPR League.

Who to drop, who to keep. Crowell's highers have been higher, but Mathews has been more consistent.

Matthews doesn't stay healthy and the Eagles are really working in their stable of backs, so I'd keep Crowell for sure.

PillarEN

Hey GAF! Do I start Kaep this week?

Ok ok. Now that we got that out of the way I'm looking for my Bills defense to get me some double digits this week.

Real question:

wide receiver decision between Cobb (GB) and John Brown (ARZ). Jets are weak against wide receivers but even with Carson Palmer I'm not sure he can be trusted to give the ball too much to others other than Fitz in the first game back. Dallas has been good against WR but Cobb has Rodgers throwing to him.

What to do in a situation where a defense is bad against the WR but you don't trust the QB and then the other team has good D against WR but you trust the quarterback to come through anyway?

My wrs are maclin a Robinson and Steve smith.

My other rbs are zeke ware and c michael.

TBH I feel it's an even trade (they are both at roughly the same ranking at their position) but most websites will say CJA has more value. CJA just has less risk right now, because his floor is high. In theory you could get something else to go with Cooper.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
lucked out with hoyer last week, now gotta decide between using him again...or picking up Palmer or Mariota.

Mariota vs. CLE
Palmer vs. NYJ
Hoyer vs. IND

all sound VERY tempting...

I'll be playing John Brown and Demarco Murray, so there is potential for some stacking.. not sure what to put my money on

something tells me Mariota ( plus his schedule is oh so tasty...cle, ind, jax, sd, gb, ind, chi)

I want to trade for a TE since all I've got is Gates, but not sure if I should offer up a RB2 or a WR2/WR3 for a higher end one. Best bet to stream them, or make a legit trade? I was thinking of getting rid of someone like Snead or Hurns for a TE like Kelce or Rudolph.

wowzors

My league is so fucked I have no running backs to choose.

Currently I have D Johnson, Latavius, Terrence west and Dion Lewis (playing the long game) I am pretty worried about moving forward though as latavius seems to be on the way out as does Terrence west.

WR is have cooper, fitzgerald, Steve smith, Chris Hogan, allen hurns and Eddie royal.

Who should I be starting this week?

wbsmcs

No.

I am open to trading Antonio Brown but only for a big offer. I want:

QB1
Borderline WR1
Borderline RB2 or WR2

The only deals where I would be sending Brown would be AJ/Julio/Evans + Bell/David Johnson.

That seem like a lot and may never be accepted, but I would be weary of selling Brown for anything less. I honestly believe that Brown has the highest floor and ceiling of any receiver. Julio could be the second best WR but he is still capable of duds.

In the deal your describing you would get:

Big Ben
Hilton
Christine Michael/Cj Anderson

And I would not send Brown for those package of players.

That being said, if anyone is in a league and you could get Brown by sending one of your receivers + your QB (Luck, Rodgers, Brady)..I would do it in a heartbeat.

No.

I am open to trading Antonio Brown but only for a big offer. I want:

QB1
Borderline WR1
Borderline RB2 or WR2
How do you know I was talking about you hmm.. I could have been talking about a trade in another league Stranga..

Ok I was talking about you.

But anyway, you want all three of those or some combination of those targets?

How do you know I was talking about you hmm.. I could have been talking about a trade in another league Stranga..

Ok I was talking about you.

But anyway, you want all three of those or some combination of those targets?

All 3 of those.

The only deals where I would be sending Brown would be AJ/Julio/Evans + Bell/David Johnson.

That seem like a lot and may never be accepted, but I would be weary of selling Brown for anything less. I honestly believe that Brown has the highest floor and ceiling of any receiver. Julio could be the second best WR but he is still capable of duds.

In the deal your describing you would get:

Big Ben
Hilton
Christine Michael/Cj Anderson

And I would not send Brown for those package of players.

That being said, if anyone is in a league and you could get Brown by sending one of your receivers + your QB (Luck, Rodgers, Brady)..I would do it in a heartbeat.

My QB's are Eli and Cousins so I really need an upgrade there. I've been destroyed by injuries this year (especially my bench) and have no depth at all. Last year I held onto Jamaal Charles (who I also drafted 1st overall) despite getting a ton of trade offers, and when he went down my season was basically over. I'm not making the same mistake again if the right offer is out there.

All 3 of those.
Doing a quick look around the league (because my ass can't afford this. I would have to give you Russell, A-Rob, and Jordan Howard and be left with Flacco, a busted Decker, and Ingram/Melvin as my best players outside of Brown.)

The only people who arguably could..
Pep
Fanatic
Chuck

Pep won't do it (trust me, I know), Fanatic isn't shopping anyone at the moment (God I wish he would) and Chuck would probably 50-50 at best.

Picked up Mariota because Cleveland. Also Rivers vs Denver isn't too appealing.

After actually watching them play Monday I want to drop the Carolina D...top available are KC, BAL, TEN, SF, ATL, MIA, OAK...Any of those worth dropping for? I really didn't want to have to stream D's this year but man they looked bad.

Edit: and Eric Decker is on IR now for those who have him

Jarlaxle

So I successfully made a trade of Matt Jones for Brandon Marshall. I feel like I have a chance at getting back in this thing after being down 1-4. So it's question time:

Who to start?

Carson Palmer or Brian Hoyer?

I'm going to play Marshall as my WR1. I need to decide who for WR2 between Brandin Cooks, Jeremy Maclin, Sammy Coates, and Sterling Shepard.

For my Flex I was going to go with Theo Riddick (who I should have went with over Jones last week and I would have won). Would you recommend starting one of those other WR's over Riddick instead?

Thanks for the help in advance. This is the worst fantasy season I've ever had. Pretty demoralizing and has me questioning who to start.

So I successfully made a trade of Matt Jones for Brandon Marshall. I feel like I have a chance at getting back in this thing after being down 1-4. So it's question time:

Who to start?

Carson Palmer or Brian Hoyer?

I'm going to play Marshall as my WR1. I need to decide who for WR2 between Brandin Cooks, Jeremy Maclin, Sammy Coates, and Sterling Shepard.

For my Flex I was going to go with Theo Riddick (who I should have went with over Jones last week and I would have won). Would you recommend starting one of those other WR's over Riddick instead?

Thanks for the help in advance. This is the worst fantasy season I've ever had. Pretty demoralizing and has me questioning who to start.
Good trade as you really won that especially after the Decker news.

For QB- as much as it may pain me and it can backfire really badly.. I would start Hoyer as Carson hasn't been consistent enough to warrant (at least to me) shoving him in at the QB slot. Hoyer is like a discount fitzmagic.. he can really shit the bed for no real reason.

As for WR2.. I would put in Cooks or Coates and I think you'll be fine and if you aren't sold on Coates.. shove him in the flex because he's the number 2 WR and Ben likes him as his targets have increased for the several weeks if you want to dump Riddick. Riddick will probably be fine if you leave him for there.

R1: AP (IR)
R3: Decker (IR)
R6: Abdullah (IR)
R7: Lockett (Bust)
R8: Austin (Bust)
R12: Wheaton (Bust)
R14: Vereen (IR)

LOOK AT MY DRAFT

LOOK
AT
IT

I'm strong at RB (David Johnson and LeVeon Bell), but a little lacking at WR (Kelvin Benjamin, Sammie Coates, Tyrell Williams, Jeremy Maclin).

I have Isaiah Crowell and targeting Doug Baldwin or Stefon Diggs, who are owned by WR-strong, RB-deficient teams. Good idea to trade him straight up for either WR?

Trade advice..

DeAndre Hopkins & Dez Bryant for Jordan Howard & Martellus Bennett.

No, right? But my RB situation isn't good (C.Mike, Terrance West, McKinnon [Bye], Doug Martin [Out]) and my TE is on a bye (Rudolph).

For WR I have Crabtree, Sanders, Allen Robinson, Cameron Meridith, Sammie Coates.

3 WR, 2 RB + 1 TE + WR/RB/TE Flex.

GrapeApes

Trade advice..

DeAndre Hopkins & Dez Bryant for Jordan Howard & Martellus Bennett.

No, right? But my RB situation isn't good (C.Mike, Terrance West, McKinnon [Bye], Doug Martin [Out]) and my TE is on a bye (Rudolph).

For WR I have Crabtree, Sanders, Allen Robinson, Cameron Meridith, Sammie Coates.

3 WR, 2 RB + 1 TE + WR/RB/TE Flex.
Are people really considering these clearly awful trades!? Your RB situation is not desperate enough to consider this.

Top Bottom