• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Jarnet87

Landing Martin right now is the kind of move that wins leagues.

I'm not a Martin believer this season. In the two seasons where he got injured he wasn't exactly killing it either. 2013 I think was the shoulder, dont remember what he hurt in 2014 but it lingered and he performed poorly. I expect this to linger and he will struggle. For people buying in on Martin go and get yourself some Quizz.

So I picked up Jonathan Stewart off of waivers two weeks ago and have been holding him since then.

Basically at work, was offered to do a 3 way trade, basically I give up Jonathan Stewart and I receive Carlos Hyde.

Should I do it?

So I picked up Jonathan Stewart off of waivers two weeks ago and have been holding him since then.

Basically at work, was offered to do a 3 way trade, basically I give up Jonathan Stewart and I receive Carlos Hyde.

Should I do it?

Yes, I picked up Stewart as well but my RB depth sucks. Stewart gets his TDs vultured by cam.

Should I do it?

I would. Theyre both injury prone but Hyde is having a great year.

thanks for the feedback guys (first year doing fantasy so I don't really know what's good or bad in terms of value fantasy wise- I drafted Matt Jones and Duke Johnson Jr)

I don't really have the bench space to pick up his backup since I have both Alfred Morris and Derrick Henry riding my bench-hoping one of them goes down since my running back situation is pretty bad

wbsmcs

thanks for the feedback guys (first year doing fantasy so I don't really know what's good or bad in terms of value fantasy wise- I drafted Matt Jones and Duke Johnson Jr)

I don't really have the bench space to pick up his backup since I have both Alfred Morris and Derrick Henry riding my bench-hoping one of them goes down since my running back situation is pretty bad

Those are probably the best handcuffs to own outside of Deangelo. You don't necessarily need to own the handcuffs to YOUR RBs as they all have a chance of getting injured.

Owning Draughn would be the safe option. Owning Henry and Morris would be the upside. I'm not for safe personally. If Hyde goes down, then you try your best to recover, and try again next year. Having a guy like Henry or Morris when they step up is what wins championships. Maybe drop one of them for Draughn, but it's nothing essential.

Those are probably the best handcuffs to own outside of Deangelo. You don't necessarily need to own the handcuffs to YOUR RBs as they all have a chance of getting injured.

Owning Draughn would be the safe option. Owning Henry and Morris would be the upside. I'm not for safe personally. If Hyde goes down, then you try your best to recover, and try again next year. Having a guy like Henry or Morris when they step up is what wins championships. Maybe drop one of them for Draughn, but it's nothing essential.

Yeah I realized quickly how injury prone RB's are. A friend told me before my draft began that RB's were a premium - I didn't get what he meant at the time. I'm seeing what he meant now as the highest percent owned available right now are Jacquizz Rodgers/Devontae Booker. I learned a lot so far in my first year and i'm hoping next year goes a lot better.

Anyway, was going to try and propose another trade to someone in my league. Was going to try and trade for either Jamaal Charles or Devonta Freeman. Which one should I try to trade for? Just looking at their schdules, I'm leaning a bit toward Freeman since Charles plays Denver twice in weeks 12 and 16.

Edit: Or should I try trading for Doug Martin maybe?

wbsmcs

Yeah I realized quickly how injury prone RB's are. A friend told me before my draft began that RB's were a premium - I didn't get what he meant at the time. I'm seeing what he meant now as the highest percent owned available right now are Jacquizz Rodgers/Devontae Booker. I learned a lot so far in my first year and i'm hoping next year goes a lot better.

Anyway, was going to try and propose another trade to someone in my league. Was going to try and trade for either Jamaal Charles or Devonta Freeman. Which one should I try to trade for? Just looking at their schdules, I'm leaning a bit toward Freeman since Charles plays Denver twice in weeks 12 and 16.

Edit: Or should I try trading for Doug Martin maybe?

Yea i would send out offers for Martin. Freeman and Charles would have much higher price tags and I never really like paying for somebody when they're near the top of their price. Jacquizz is a good speculative add because if Martin were to miss one more week he is an automatic start.

Sky Chief

I'm in a PPR league and having trouble deciding on my flex

There options are:

Tavon Austin @ DET
Latavius Murray vs. KC (Questionable)
Sterling Shepherd vs. BAL
James White vs. CIN
Sammie Coates @ MIA (Questionable)

Any thoughts?

There options are:

Tavon Austin @ DET
James White vs. CIN

Any thoughts?

Austin is terrible for ppr. Too many RBs in Oakland so Murray isn't a good choice.

The last 3, white probably has the safest floor. Coates the best upside. I would flip a coin for those last too.

I don't trust Eli.

Euron

Should I trade away Lamar Miller for Christine Michael and Martellus Bennett?

Miller's getting a lot of touches but no TD's though he's going against a pretty weak Colts defense this week. Meanwhile I'm not sure if Bennett's previous week was a fluke.

wbsmcs

Should I trade away Lamar Miller for Christine Michael and Martellus Bennett?

Miller's getting a lot of touches but no TD's though he's going against a pretty weak Colts defense this week. Meanwhile I'm not sure if Bennett's previous week was a fluke.

Miller is one of the biggest buy lows right now while Bennett is one of the biggest sell highs. TDs will come. Miller is a top25RB without scoring a TD. He'll get his.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

There options are:

Tavon Austin @ DET
James White vs. CIN

Any thoughts?

Coates baby - no need for explaination

Someone wants to trade Snead and Duke Johnson to me for J. Howard.

I have zero interest in doing that, but am curious about thoughts on counter offers as I really could use a WR.

Is Howard for M. Jones or Evans fair?

My team:
WR - Benjamin
WR - Sanu
WR - Moncrief
WR - Bryant

RB - Gordon
RB - Howard
RB - Lacy
RB - Coleman
RB - J. Stewart

Tom Nook

Someone wants to trade Snead and Duke Johnson to me for J. Howard.

I have zero interest in doing that, but am curious about thoughts on counter offers as I really could use a WR.

Is Howard for M. Jones or Evans fair?

My team:
WR - Benjamin
WR - Sanu
WR - Moncrief
WR - Bryant

RB - Gordon
RB - Howard
RB - Lacy
RB - Coleman
RB - J. Stewart

For M. Jones? Fair. For Evans? Take it and run.

And now another offer in a different league.

D. Murray for Fitz and Mathews

My RBs:
CJA
Gordon
Murray
Stewart
Coleman

WRs:
ODB
Evans
Benjamin
Moncrief
Hogan

I could use some buffing for my WRs but not sure it's worth the lose of Murray. He's been a machine so far. Mathews is no Murray but he's been damn solid when he's played. Fitz is Fitz, he's a consistent producer with potential to go off any week.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
hoping you guys can help me make up my mind on QBs

Hoyer vs. Jax
Palmer vs. NYJ
a.Smith vs. Oak

currently rolling Hoyer, what i dont like is A. the most yards Jax has given up is 230 to Luck...B. analysts are saying to play him, but that he has to come down from the level he's playing at eventually, so it's like....well is THIS the week that happens??

Palmer worries me because he's having an awful year, and if they are up theyll just feed it to DJ, though he is surrounded by the best WR talent of the trio

Smith worries me because its Smith and the Chiefs....

they are all essentially equal in my eyes, other than Palmer who is the most talented out of them generally speaking and can have a 350 yard game whenever...

I sent an offer to the Doug Martin owner and was sent a counter offer

My Brandin Cooks for their Doug Martin

My WR's are: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Chris Hogan

any thoughts?

UberTag

I sent an offer to the Doug Martin owner and was sent a counter offer

My Brandin Cooks for their Doug Martin

My WR's are: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Chris Hogan

any thoughts?
It's fair. Hard to assess how it plays for you without knowing who your other RBs are, whether your league is PPR or Standard and how many WRs/RBs you can field on a weekly basis. Those variables factor into this value equation.

it's 12 team standard

My current WR's: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Chris Hogan
My current RB's: Eddie Lacy, Mckinnon, Jonathan Stewart(in the process of being trade for Carlos Hyde), Derrick Henry, Alfred Morris, Dion Lewis.

The RB's on the waiver wire/FA is pretty barebones but I was thinking about picking up Donte Moncrief since I think he's due back soon.

Tom Nook

Flex Help. Std league, non-ppr

Landry vs PIT
or
Stewart vs NO
or
C Hogan vs CIN

Stewart would be obvious but coming back from an injury plus CAP did well last week. I'm hesitant to put in Landry because of Tannehill and Brady has a lot of options to throw too.

Thanks

phanphare

Banned
Flex Help. Std league, non-ppr

Landry vs PIT
or
Stewart vs NO
or
C Hogan vs CIN

Stewart would be obvious but coming back from an injury plus CAP did well last week. I'm hesitant to put in Landry because of Tannehill and Brady has a lot of options to throw too.

Thanks

yeah I'd go stewart or hogan

honestly I wouldn't worry about stewart just because if he wasn't ready to be on the field I think he wouldn't be, especially with their bye week coming up. because Cam should be back and the fozzy/cap combo seems to be working fine I think if stewart needed more time he'd get it.

ACE 1991

Tfw you have the most points in your entire league by over 70

Tfw you have the most points allowed in your league by about the same amount

Dez Bryant practicing again this week.

Jamal Charles said to be "sprinkled" in this week, "Where he's most effective".

Bah. I know if I start Spencer Ware he'll get me 6.2 points, but if I sit him, he'll go crazy against Oakland.

every one with Moncrief on waivers should do this if they have a bench spot. Even if he isn't back until week 8 or 9, he can help you get into and during the playoffs

I'm not entirely sure why he was dropped but i'm not complaining. Only problem is I need to clear up my bench a bit(which is why i've been trying to iniate trades in my league-since no one is trading at all.)

phanphare

Banned
well well well

Moncrief was available in one of my leagues. just stashed him. could potentially have a beastly WR core with him, Julio, and Mike Evans.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
stashing Ladarius Green on my bench, here's to hoping for a nice week 7/8 out of him

also really thin at WR, need corey coleman and mccown to come back asap and explode.

Looking for advice on my team currently 5-0 in a 12 man ppr league

QB- Matt Ryan
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Jamaal Charles
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
TE - Jimmy Graham
FLEX - Larry Fitzgerald
DST - Eagles
K - Matt Bryant

Bench,

Travis Benjamin
Jeremy Maclin
Tyler Eifert(traded Frank Gore for him earlier in the year)
Blake Bortles
Spencer Ware(grabbed WK1 for insurance)
Jalen Richard
Devontae Booker

My concern is how quickly and how effective Charles will be so I have been looking for a backup RB. I have a potential offer for Doug Martin and I would be giving up Benjamin and Jalen Richard(don't care about it him, used him on Charles bye last week). Is that too much to give up?

All right so in one of my leagues the bottom has really fallen out on my weak WR core while Moncrief is out

Which two should I start? Maybe add in a FLEX suggestion?

- Tyrell Williams vs DEN
- Michael Floyd vs NYJ
- Mike Wallace @ NYG
- Philip Dorsett @ HOU
- Chris Hogan vs CIN

Right now I have Williams, Floyd, and Wallace starting... but things are looking kinda grim with Williams going against Denver. I'm only starting Floyd because it's against the Jets and their shit secondary. I think Dorsett is a better player than Wallace but Wallace gets way more targets and he's not going against the fucking Texans' awesome receiving D. Hogan is a huge wild card, I'm not sure Brady will target him like crazy again but who knows.

Guys pls I need your help XD

wbsmcs

Looking for advice on my team currently 5-0 in a 12 man ppr league

QB- Matt Ryan
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Jamaal Charles
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
TE - Jimmy Graham
FLEX - Larry Fitzgerald
DST - Eagles
K - Matt Bryant

Bench,

Travis Benjamin
Jeremy Maclin
Tyler Eifert(traded Frank Gore for him earlier in the year)
Blake Bortles
Spencer Ware(grabbed WK1 for insurance)
Jalen Richard
Devontae Booker

My concern is how quickly and how effective Charles will be so I have been looking for a backup RB. I have a potential offer for Doug Martin and I would be giving up Benjamin and Jalen Richard(don't care about it him, used him on Charles bye last week). Is that too much to give up?

It's a pretty fair deal and i would go for it. Outside of McCoy and Charles you don't really have RBs. If you give up Kelvin, you still have Fitz, Maclin, and Travis Benjamin.

Guys pls I need your help XD

I can't comment on a lot of the players except one-Williams and I pretty much consider him a boom/bust player. Sure, he put up a good amount of points last week but it's been a very mixed bag so far. The week before that, Inman put up some good numbers and the week before that, I think Benjamin put up good numbers. I wouldn't start him in any week with great confidence unless you absolutely have to(everyone else is injured/out/or has a bye week)

Two roster decisions for my 1/2 PPR league

Jalen Richard or Devontae Booker as my RB2? I'm leaning Richard

Willie Snead or Sammie Coates as my flex? Leaning Coates if healthy

Thanks!

Need some advice for this week. After winning my league last year, I struggled out of the gate at 0-3, made some moves and got some solid waiver adds. Now sitting at 2-3 and only 1 game out of the division lead, I am playing the division leader this week. I believe I am locked in at every position except my running back choices for this week. Here's my current starting lineup and roster:

10 Team PPR league:

QB: Big Ben @Miami
RB: CJ Anderson @SD
RB: Theo Riddick vs LA
WR: Allen Robinson @Chi
WR: Odell Beckham Jr vs Bal
TE: Zach Miller vs Jax
Flex: Michael Crabtree vs KC
D/ST: Bills vs SF
Kicker: Matt Bryant @Sea

Bench:
Phillip Rivers vs Den
Eddie Lacy vs Dal
Terrance West @NYG
Tyrell Williams vs Den
Quincy Enunwa @Ari
Sammie Coates @Miami
Zach Ertz @Washington

Theo Riddick went off last weekend for 25 points in my league(again, PPR), but I am debating on who that second RB should be. Lacy and T West are both getting some talk as having potentially big games, and LA's defense can be difficult to go against at times, especially with Stafford being up and down so far this year. Any thoughts on this? Anything is much appreciated in advance!

Two roster decisions for my 1/2 PPR league

Jalen Richard or Devontae Booker as my RB2? I'm leaning Richard

Willie Snead or Sammie Coates as my flex? Leaning Coates if healthy

Thanks!

I'd go for Richard as well on the first choice

As for Snead and Coates. Snead looked good in weeks 1 and 2, if he is full go, I might lean towards him as I could see it being a back and forth game, especially if Cam Newton is back at it. I'm a Coates owner as well, but I am weary of his boom/bust potential. But if you have him, I don't know if there is much better of a matchup than going against the dolphins this week

I need a DEF for next week, and Bengals play the Browns. Anyone (Ohioans?) that can tell me if this is a good matchup? Any DEF playing against the Browns is good to go, especially an in-state rivalry right?

I can't comment on a lot of the players except one-Williams and I pretty much consider him a boom/bust player. Sure, he put up a good amount of points last week but it's been a very mixed bag so far. The week before that, Inman put up some good numbers and the week before that, I think Benjamin put up good numbers. I wouldn't start him in any week with great confidence unless you absolutely have to(everyone else is injured/out/or has a bye week)

I hear that. I'm not a huge fan of his matchup against DEN this week, but maybe they'll fall behind far enough that they have to pass more XD

mreddie

Okay, I didn't think it come to this but I have a league and I'm getting a trade offer, Flacco or Cousins for Maclin?

I already have WIlson, Wentz. Basically I have 4 QBs.

gutshot

Okay, I didn't think it come to this but I have a league and I'm getting a trade offer, Flacco or Cousins for Maclin?

I already have WIlson, Wentz. Basically I have 4 QBs.

A.) Why do you have 4 QBs?
B.) Why is this guy giving up a legit WR2 for one of your two worst QBs? 😂

Top Bottom