• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DKehoe

I'm being offered Jordan Matthews and Jeremy Hill in exchange for CJ Anderson. I'm thinking I'll turn it down but I thought I'll ask GAFs opinion. I'd be able to use Isiah Crowell in Anderson's place as a first team RB and then put Matthews in my Flex spot that Crowell, Theo Riddick and Will Hughes are currently the options for.

Like I said, I'm thinking I'll turn it down but I'm new to this so any advice is really useful.

Looking for advice on my team currently 5-0 in a 12 man ppr league
Our teams are similar, but swap Fitz for Amari Cooper and McCoy for D. Murray.

The good news is Charles is past his bye week. Even if he doesn't hit big this week, you should be able to ride him the rest of the way. You can also eat a loss and be fine. You have some leeway to experiment and play for a boom or bust

I'd go for Richard as well on the first choice

As for Snead and Coates. Snead looked good in weeks 1 and 2, if he is full go, I might lean towards him as I could see it being a back and forth game, especially if Cam Newton is back at it. I'm a Coates owner as well, but I am weary of his boom/bust potential. But if you have him, I don't know if there is much better of a matchup than going against the dolphins this week

Very helpful -- thanks!

mreddie

A.) Why do you have 4 QBs?
B.) Why is this guy giving up a legit WR2 for one of your two worst QBs? 😂

Fantasy draft, somehow I realized I had 4 QBs and then picked up Wentz after WK2, the last 2 two weeks, was trying to drop either Flacco/Cousins but one week, Eagles had a bye and the next, Hawks.

Flacco for Maclin because Flacco I feel is gonna burn out.

necrosis

pleasantly surprised with melvin gordon even though most of his yards came off of one big run

a touchdown would have been nice tho

CJ Anderson had 30 or so yards, a couple catches and a touchdown all brought back due to offensive line penalties. Argh! -_-

Shoulda started that new guy, Holding in the RB slot. For a long stretch had more yards and TDs than the Broncos. :(

EDIT: To be clear, the Broncos had 103yds and 1TD lost to penalties directly

Tom Nook

I always try to avoid Thursday games as possible.

Next Thursday though, I have both Nelson and Howard playing.....

Oh boy...

I've got a glutton of RB2s now. Need help picking from these players:

WR2: Sammie Coates or Willie Snead
2 RBs: Blount, J. Stewart, R Matthews, J. White, C. Michael
Flex: Whoever is left over from above

I'm leaning Coates for my WR2 with Matthews and Michael as my RBs, and Blount as my Flex. But the matchup between the Saints and Carolina feels like it'll be a shootout, and Snead is almost at 100%. Plus, the Saints run defense sucks which could mean a big day for Stewart.

Would you guys trade Crowell for Diggs or Doug Baldwin?

I'd trade him for Baldwin straight up.

Theo Riddick was just ruled out so I need some advice in my 10 team PPR league on a RB2

Eddie Lacy vs Dallas on Sunday Night
Terrance West @NYG

Leaning towards West as Lacy has been limited in practice this week, but, definitely on the fence about that decision

Theo Riddick was just ruled out so I need some advice in my 10 team PPR league on a RB2

Eddie Lacy vs Dallas on Sunday Night
Terrance West @NYG

Leaning towards West as Lacy has been limited in practice this week, but, definitely on the fence about that decision

I'd say West. Neither is a favorable matchup but Dallas is giving up less than 100 on the ground this season. Add in the shaky ankle and I feel like the floor is lower for Lacy.

phanphare

Banned
I've got a glutton of RB2s now. Need help picking from these players:

WR2: Sammie Coates or Willie Snead
2 RBs: Blount, J. Stewart, R Matthews, J. White, C. Michael
Flex: Whoever is left over from above

I'm leaning Coates for my WR2 with Matthews and Michael as my RBs, and Blount as my Flex. But the matchup between the Saints and Carolina feels like it'll be a shootout, and Snead is almost at 100%. Plus, the Saints run defense sucks which could mean a big day for Stewart.

coates or snead is really close for me so I don't know. would probably go snead because new orleans is at home.

I'd probably go with stewart and michael from those RBs. now that the browns are out of the way I officially don't trust blount week to week with brady playing. ryan matthews could be a good play as well but michael is the must start out of those imo because of the volume, the offense, and the match up with atlanta. stewart also has a great match up and would be another must start if not for coming off of an injury. I feel like they wouldn't bring him back, especially before a bye week, if he wasn't good to go though. it's a 1pm game so if for some reason cameron artis payne is inactive I'd throw stewart in with total confidence and I'd probably throw him in anyway. also because of the nature of cam's injury and the fact that he could've avoided it altogether by not being careless maybe stewart's goal line carries won't get vultured away as much. that was the thing that limited him from being a monster RB 1 during the second half of last season when he was getting like 20 carries a game. as always james white could be a good play in a ppr league.

edit: and a flex, missed that. would definitely start the other WR at flex

nasero

Got a interesting trade offer, but can't quite decide. Full PPR my Julio, Ingram, for their Edelman, Bell. My other WR's are TY and Crabtree, my RB's are DeMarco, Crowell, Bernard

Seems like a solid deal, but I tend to overvalue my peeps.

Tom Nook

Got a interesting trade offer, but can't quite decide. Full PPR my Julio, Ingram, for their Edelman, Bell. My other WR's are TY and Crabtree, my RB's are DeMarco, Crowell, Bernard

Le'Veon Bell?.... Take it!

Also, sorry for being off topic, but why neogaf is slow? I finally manage to get in this thread.

I'd take it. Bell along with AB, and David Johnson, and maybe Zeke are tops in the game right now. Edelman will hopefully get it going with Brady back, and you won't even require starting him every week with Crabtree and TY on the team. Julio has book potential, but as seen over the past couple of weeks, he can also disappear for a game at a time

nillapuddin

Anybody have some thoughts on my quandary for this weekend

kyH0vtAh.png

Coates
Pro: MIA
Cons: Hand

CMike
Pro: ATL avg 29.1 for RB
Con: Im a Falcons fan and dont want to get shredded

Cooks
Pro: At home, CAR CB's injured
Con: Inconsistent

Fuller
Pro: IND bad pass D
Con: Offense looked terrible lately

Brown
Pro: Scorched black Jets defense
Con: Palmer health

everyone will probably do better than DT did : (

samsirus

Neo Member
Would you dump TE Jordan Reed (rank 3) if replaced with TE Jesse James (rank 11)?

Reed didn't practice this week and has his 5th concussion. My lineup is tight so I prefer not to drop anyone else so I can carry two TE. Here is my team in case you got suggestion.

jZyDQ4l.png

Would you dump TE Jordan Reed (rank 3) if replaced with TE Jesse James (rank 11)?

Reed didn't practice this week and has his 5th concussion. My lineup is tight so I prefer not to drop anyone else so I can carry two TE. Here is my team in case you got suggestion.

jZyDQ4l.png
Find a way to trade him..

GrapeApes

jZyDQ4l.png
Reed will be the #1 waiver pick up in your league drop Kerley if you need a spot.

nasero

I'd take it. Bell along with AB, and David Johnson, and maybe Zeke are tops in the game right now. Edelman will hopefully get it going with Brady back, and you won't even require starting him every week with Crabtree and TY on the team. Julio has book potential, but as seen over the past couple of weeks, he can also disappear for a game at a time

True, I just can't bring myself to do it though, for whatever reason.

nillapuddin

jZyDQ4l.png

Drop Keeley

Alternatively, drop Riddick.
You're stacked at rb and since he's out this week he won't be attractive to pick up right away

coates or snead is really close for me so I don't know. would probably go snead because new orleans is at home.

I'd probably go with stewart and michael from those RBs. now that the browns are out of the way I officially don't trust blount week to week with brady playing. ryan matthews could be a good play as well but michael is the must start out of those imo because of the volume, the offense, and the match up with atlanta. stewart also has a great match up and would be another must start if not for coming off of an injury. I feel like they wouldn't bring him back, especially before a bye week, if he wasn't good to go though. it's a 1pm game so if for some reason cameron artis payne is inactive I'd throw stewart in with total confidence and I'd probably throw him in anyway. also because of the nature of cam's injury and the fact that he could've avoided it altogether by not being careless maybe stewart's goal line carries won't get vultured away as much. that was the thing that limited him from being a monster RB 1 during the second half of last season when he was getting like 20 carries a game. as always james white could be a good play in a ppr league.

edit: and a flex, missed that. would definitely start the other WR at flex

Thank you for that. It makes sense, but I am slightly afraid of Artis Payne or Tolbert stealing goal line carries away from Stewart. Coates seems the most consistent out of all the players I named, and that Snead matchup just looks too good.

necrosis

jZyDQ4l.png

absolutely not

i get that people are panicking due to reed's history with concussions, but i think outright dropping him when he hasn't even been declared doubtful is going overboard

kerley would probably be the best drop atm -- his value is more or less a mystery with kaep starting

Top Bottom