• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

necrosis

Theo Riddick was just ruled out so I need some advice in my 10 team PPR league on a RB2

Eddie Lacy vs Dallas on Sunday Night
Terrance West @NYG

Leaning towards West as Lacy has been limited in practice this week, but, definitely on the fence about that decision

this is difficult, but i would go with lacy

dallas hasn't been giving up much on the ground this season, but they've gone up against (in order):

rashad jennings
matt jones
jeremy langford and jordan howard (both of whom were averaging 5+ ypc)
carlos hyde (who was averaging almost 5 ypc)
a busted up jeremy hill and gio bernard (the latter of whom was averaging close to 6 ypc)

the reason teams haven't put up huge rushing yards against dallas is because -- almost without exception -- they've been playing from behind. i think the packers will be able to keep it close

also, there's a chance of kenneth dixon siphoning away receptions (and possibly carries) from west. that isn't a concern with lacy because starks will be out. the ankle is definitely a worry, but unless the packers add someone to the roster (which would indicate that the ankle is as big a worry for the packers as it is for fantasy owners), his only competition this weekend will be...aaron ripkowski

Got a interesting trade offer, but can't quite decide. Full PPR my Julio, Ingram, for their Edelman, Bell. My other WR's are TY and Crabtree, my RB's are DeMarco, Crowell, Bernard

Seems like a solid deal, but I tend to overvalue my peeps.

I'll take it in a heartbeat. Bell is pretty much guaranteed at least 20 touches a game. Julio seems like he's very gameplan dependent and I'm a falcons homer. Ingram gets his TDs vultured by freakin Kuhn.

dallas hasn't been giving up much on the ground this season, but they've gone up against (in order):

rashad jennings
matt jones
a busted up jeremy hill and gio bernard (the latter of whom was averaging close to 6 ypc)

the reason teams haven't put up huge rushing yards against dallas is because -- almost without exception -- they've been playing from behind. i think the packers will be able to keep it close

also, there's a chance of kenneth dixon siphoning away receptions (and possibly carries) from west. that isn't a concern with lacy because starks will be out. the ankle is definitely a worry, but unless the packers add someone to the roster (which would indicate that the ankle is as big a worry for the packers as it is for fantasy owners), his only competition this weekend will be...aaron ripkowski
And Cobb... he was already doing so in previous games any ways. Although I still agree that Lacy should be started

nillapuddin

Anybody have some thoughts on my quandary for this weekend

kyH0vtAh.png

Coates
Pro: MIA
Cons: Hand

CMike
Pro: ATL avg 29.1 for RB
Con: Im a Falcons fan and dont want to get shredded

Cooks
Pro: At home, CAR CB's injured
Con: Inconsistent

Fuller
Pro: IND bad pass D
Con: Offense looked terrible lately

Brown
Pro: Scorched black Jets defense
Con: Palmer health

everyone will probably do better than DT did : (

With that information, would anyone move cooks into that WR spot, or supplant cmike at flex?

So, I have Julius Thomas, Eifert, and Jordan Reed in my one league. Thomas and Eifert were waiver grabs and Reed was my drafted guy. Would it make sense to trade Reed? Here's my usual lineup in that league:

Cousins / Eli
Christine Michael / Tevin Coleman / Ryan Mathews / Jeremy Hill
Jordy / Allen Robinson / Emmanuel Sanders
Jordan Reed / Eifert / Julius
Vikings D

I was thinking of trading Reed for a RB1.

UberTag

absolutely not

i get that people are panicking due to reed's history with concussions, but i think outright dropping him when he hasn't even been declared doubtful is going overboard

kerley would probably be the best drop atm -- his value is more or less a mystery with kaep starting
Outright dropping Reed unless you have an ultra-shallow bench is drastic... but looking to trade him for anything while he holds some semblance of value is a sensible recommendation. He's one of those red flag concussion condition players who could hang up the cleats for good with a concussion. Jordan Cameron was another of these heading into this season and hasn't played since Week 3.

nasero

I'll take it in a heartbeat. Bell is pretty much guaranteed at least 20 touches a game. Julio seems like he's very gameplan dependent and I'm a falcons homer. Ingram gets his TDs vultured by freakin Kuhn.

True, I ended up not taking it though lol. I guess I am too attached to my players.

nillapuddin

"Sammie Coates has broken index finger in addition to 7 stitches in left hand. Still might play in Miami. "

Guys, im dyin here, cant take this

Jarnet87

With that information, would anyone move cooks into that WR spot, or supplant cmike at flex?

Coates and Fuller are like D Jax IMO, boom or bust. I personally would go Cooks and Michael but if you want to roll the dice and go for the big play you could play the other two.

FTF

Derek Carr or Carson Palmer?

I'm currently starting Carr as he's been playing really well all season and I like to go with the hot hand...but Palmer against the Jets' secondary is such an enticing matchup.

Instro

Need to cover a flex spot for a bye week...some options:

Michael Thomas
Jeremy Kerley
Steve Smith
Sammi Coates
Brian Quick
Davante Adams
TJ Yeldon
James White
Chris Ivory

I'm leaning towards Thomas right now given the injuries to Coates and Smith. Thoughts?

-SG

Anyone know what the deal is with Dan Bailey's back issue? I'm desperate for a win this week so I need all the points I can get. Sturgis is available as well so maybe I should just go with him?

Derek Carr or Carson Palmer?

I'm currently starting Carr as he's been playing really well all season and I like to go with the hot hand...but Palmer against the Jets' secondary is such an enticing matchup.
Stick with Carr.. Carson hasn't earned enough trust in my mind for anyone to start him. Matchup or not.

Anyone know what the deal is with Dan Bailey's back issue? I'm desperate for a win this week so I need all the points I can get. Sturgis is available as well so maybe I should just go with him?

Sturgis is definitely one of the better kickers out there, so I'd say pick him up

I feel like I'm missing something because nothing this cool ever happens to me in fantasy football. Two days ago someone dropped Dez Bryant for Cole Beasly. I was near the end of the waiver order and put a claim for him and it went through. I know he's injured and all but I thought he was due back soon.

rashad jennings
matt jones

And Cobb... he was already doing so in previous games any ways. Although I still agree that Lacy should be started

Thank you guys for the critical responses, much appreciated. I also read that the Giants have been 4th best against opposing running back's this year, so I gonna ride it out with Lacy.

I dropped Bailey, and picked up Matt Bryant last week. Can't risk the gimme points at the margins of a matchup

nillapuddin

Coates and Fuller are like D Jax IMO, boom or bust. I personally would go Cooks and Michael but if you want to roll the dice and go for the big play you could play the other two.

im going cooks and cmike, but not without being a little afraid

coates, fuller and brown on my bench, im expecting them to outscore my starters alone.

but coates might be held, fuller needs to show me the hammy is good, and brown needs more touches again.

in shivas name, we pray

Points per carry and PPR league. Would you start a dual threat like Coleman over a WR1 like Allen Robinson or Hopkins? Coleman has been averaging 27.2 points per game so far this season.

Rashad Jennings or DeAndre Washington

Jennings is due to return but faces the Ravens RunD

Out of the two options I would lean towards Jennings if he is to return. I do not want any part of the Oakland backfield after grabbing Washington last week (and having to start him).

Anyone rolling with Tevin Coleman today? I know he plays Seattle but he's been blowing up on my bench all season.

Also, I'm torn between my WR2 and 2 flex options:
Alshon Jeffery
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Spencer Ware
TJ Yeldon

Currently have Hogan, Jeffery, and Ware starting. I am entertaining the idea of starting Hogan and Edelman since I have Brady as my QB.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone rolling with Tevin Coleman today? I know he plays Seattle but he's been blowing up on my bench all season.

Alshon Jeffery
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Spencer Ware
TJ Yeldon

Currently have Hogan, Jeffery, and Ware starting. I am entertaining the idea of starting Hogan and Edelman since I have Brady as my QB.
Coleman is playing every week on my roster until he proves otherwise. Dude does well even against good defensives.

Alshon Jeffery
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Spencer Ware
TJ Yeldon

I've been asking for advice about Coleman, but can't find any responses. I'm considering benching Hopkins for Coleman.

I'd definitely go Alshon and Edelman. For the other spot, Ware has a good matchup and will split carries with Charles. Hogan seems boom or bust.

I've been asking for advice about Coleman, but can't find any responses. I'm considering benching Hopkins for Coleman.

I'd definitely go Alshon and Edelman. For the other spot, Ware has a good matchup and will split carries with Charles. Hogan seems boom or bust.

Do you have anyone else you can bench besides Hopkins for Coleman? Damn Brock has killed Hopkins value (I own Hopkins in another league)

natjjohn

Can you start Hopkins and Coleman? Will fuller likely won't play. Playing sad Colts D. I'd make room for Hopkins if you can.

Can you start Hopkins and Coleman? Will fuller likely won't play. Playing sad Colts D. I'd make room for Hopkins if you can.

Do you have anyone else you can bench besides Hopkins for Coleman? Damn Brock has killed Hopkins value (I own Hopkins in another league)

Yeah, I literally just made that decision minutes ago. I'm having to bench Allen Robinson for Hopkins and Coleman. Colts pass defense is worse than the Bears, I don't trust Bortles, and Fuller is unlikely to play.

Milabrega

I'm on a losing streak and I think I'm reaching a tipping point on my season with Theo now out and having to start a questionable Kelvin, this after already having lost 4 players to injury this season.

Not in PPR Lacy vs Dallas or Crow vs Titans?

In PPR, DeAndre Washington vs KC, or Devante Parker vs Steelers?

Wentz @ Wsh or Bortles @ Chi?

Top Bottom