• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Nabbed Ajayi and Knile Davis. Waking up super early to grab free agents who slipped through waivers is my only real leg up lol

I think I'm going to go D. Murray/James White/Charles this week and see how Ajayi does before starting him. Hopefully Davis pays off in the long term.

UberTag

Wish I could get excited for Knile Davis. Just can't bring myself to be enthused by him.
I did stash Mike Davis in two leagues this morning, though. Looking forward to those practice reports out of San Fran.

Need some thoughts on a trade I'd like to propose. Standard Scoring. I feel like I need to bolster up my WRs (Cooks, D Thomas, T Benjamin, Robert Woods) and I have two RBs on my bench - Spencer Ware and Gio Bernard. I think trading away Ware for a WR is smart here since I have DJ and Melvin Gordon going almost every week, and Bernard for the bye later in the season. Plus, Ware just had a monster game but is sharing the backfield, so I think I should try and sell high. Who should I go after?

The guy who has Antonio Brown and Alshon Jeffrey is struggling at RB but will he part with either of those?

Another guy has Stefon Diggs - good trade?

Or lastly maybe TY Hilton (though the rest of his team is terrible so I doubt he'd go for this one)?

I'd like to try and do a one for one to preserve roster spots. Thoughts?

gutshot

QskXStPNaOXOTMiBcp3h_ihKgXSBtuL1sstn09OrtaTNjQ719Z7SqHLA-7CShxqCBAiVNzeMFJkbiCnB0KvvCN6DwapJTd5sP_3cndpEKM6o_PjG8SsJQldZLxEfKlAtU4WPZTsTe6vyekePVTYp3pXjUosdViPL1N4m9GUjvGOU4y5r1eW4gXPFfIBiCAec5Mfcd8g-vO350Vrc-53g6xfIIAOjpZ6zQG2VUCMYHSh_JQfxmpo6xbBLV1WtgEMKoJkbKmXJ3PkxAUKF2YvoeEFVUWyXG6OOlzCjDpZ6P8eNljbab1lfFdaI0XJl4VhhcE7e-26RJoeqg7iI94OkXQDwn5nrinemsMvp9SyThwEzno9TTAp_NX3U22Qm1n2ldx3QL6haQbpZkNfIrxjl3HsNDvxk4Y_rPkww2GnBwmYDu05VlcL-OyrzioH8dVMlOl7sEBZOQG7OWK7_ajGt_5vXxC7zdFQK3rixtdDtpezsyuZi9bM5aIHf7NC2Lu1jeaMoeD7zKpw5RbmmsVzAR9Zsw7a75sfditmze4xu-6dNh9C_vOATc_Ftfkx1TWlz507iMPhtvGsXwgfo7DzttelMhl8xEF1KERM1Trp8VqwCdXYi=w2060-h1032-no

Yahoo's projections are a joke. How in the world am I losing in this deal? lol

Need some thoughts on a trade I'd like to propose. Standard Scoring. I feel like I need to bolster up my WRs (Cooks, D Thomas, T Benjamin, Robert Woods) and I have two RBs on my bench - Spencer Ware and Gio Bernard. I think trading away Ware for a WR is smart here since I have DJ and Melvin Gordon going almost every week, and Bernard for the bye later in the season. Plus, Ware just had a monster game but is sharing the backfield, so I think I should try and sell high. Who should I go after?

The guy who has Antonio Brown and Alshon Jeffrey is struggling at RB but will he part with either of those?

Why not? Jeffery had his best week last week but the Bears offense is still a bunch of questionmarks. Brown has a lot more value but the owner has to survive next week (Landry Jones) and the week after (Bye) before Ben has a hope of coming back.

Ware definitely has value now that can only wane as Charles takes over. But you'll find you need multiple pieces for Brown, whereas Jeffery might be more obtainable. Diggs is def more of a buy low but his health is the question mark.

Ware for Diggs I think could be made. Jeffery depends how many better options the owner has. Brown is out of the question.

Rodgers or Cousins this week? Yes, I'm serious. Cousins has a good matchup against the Lions horrible pass defense, and I really want to trend away from anyone who plays on Thursday nights. At least for this week until Rodgers starts looking like his old self.

Jordy Nelson for Olsen in a PPR?

I have Nelson and I think the Olsen owner might be game.

I have to imagine the Packers right the ship at some point but I think there is a lot of reason to say this is a trade you should make (if your TE position sucks).

- Panthers D is exposed, tons of catchup passing
- Olsen is the defacto #1 TE in Fantasy right now
- He's getting a ton of targets, whereas with Nelson you hope for the deep shots.

I don't think you'll find a ROS ranking where Olsen is next to or before Nelson, but like I said, the argument is there. The downside is that the Packers can't run, have to throw, and Nelson is the healthiest weapon.

Any suggestions for trades I could get a decent RB for? my team is

Rivers - Mariota

Beckham - Cooper - Snead - Woods

J Stew - Lacy - C. Thompson - Deandre Washington - Knile Davis

Reed - Henry

I need an RB..with Stewart on bye its not looking good. Thinkin about shopping Cooper around. Thoughts on who I should be targeting? (PPR)

THIS JUST IN: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger could be out 4-6 weeks after undergoing knee surgery to repair meniscus

I'd be shocked if he doesn't play against the Browns. Ben flat out said he could be back earlier, it's a matter of pain tolerance, and guess who happens to be the most pain (and painkiller) tolerant QB in the NFL? Missing 4-6 really doesn't seem likely unless the knee heals poorly (again, no track record of that) or the Steelers are in such a solid division position that they don't need him back anytime soon.

Write off Week 7 and Week 8 (bye). We'll give him the Dallas game off to respect this news. But after that game I think it's really "any day now",

Jims

Matt Ryan + Jarvis Landry for Demaryius Thomas in return. Do you guys think this is a good value? The points in the trade spreadsheets say I'm taking a bath, but this is a 10 team league where everyone thinks they have a QB. Spent all of last week trying to shop him and could only get flex value offers. Been trying to turn Landry into something but not sure what is reasonable.

I'm rostering Brees and Ryan right now and it feels like Ryan is the obvious sell-high opportunity here. Maybe Brees is worth shopping instead.

Oh boy, my week couldn't have gotten any worse if he's out 4-6 weeks

Too many RB's that are doing nothing, you need to drop a few and pick up some WR's(check and see if Kenny Britt is available). I would drop Henry(fighting for a top 5 rushers scraps) and Morris(running behind THE leading rusher) for sure. Mckinnon(gets his TD's vultured by Asiata) is also struggling and will continue too.

I'm also an AB owner, and I'm benching him. Without Ben he isn't much of a threat, he has had to play 12 games w/o him and he's never caught a TD pass in any of them.

Matt Ryan + Jarvis Landry for Demaryius Thomas in return. Do you guys think this is a good value? The points in the trade spreadsheets say I'm taking a bath, but this is a 10 team league where everyone thinks they have a QB. Spent all of last week trying to shop him and could only get flex value offers. Been trying to turn Landry into something but not sure what is reasonable.

I'm rostering Brees and Ryan right now and it feels like Ryan is the obvious sell-high opportunity here. Maybe Brees is worth shopping instead.

I wouldn't shop Brees around - he's been putting up mega points most weeks.

I have Thomas on my team and he's been boom or bust. His QB isn't very good so although they are targeting him he sometimes doesn't get much. It seems like you'd want some more consistency there, and DT isn't that.

fep

I have to imagine the Packers right the ship at some point but I think there is a lot of reason to say this is a trade you should make (if your TE position sucks).

- Panthers D is exposed, tons of catchup passing
- Olsen is the defacto #1 TE in Fantasy right now
- He's getting a ton of targets, whereas with Nelson you hope for the deep shots.

I don't think you'll find a ROS ranking where Olsen is next to or before Nelson, but like I said, the argument is there. The downside is that the Packers can't run, have to throw, and Nelson is the healthiest weapon.

Thanks, I have Pitta who is like 7th in a PPR, but TEs are pretty weak this year. I'm trying to sling for Meredith as well. I think he's going to have a good rest of the year and I burned my waiver on Julius Thomas instead of him last week.

Maybe better for me, Hopkins for Olsen? Brock Osweiler sure is dragging Nuk down it seems, but I think Nuk's name/talent could still swing me Olsen. I think I'd rather Jordy than Nuk at this point.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Too many RB's that are doing nothing, you need to drop a few and pick up some WR's(check and see if Kenny Britt is available). I would drop Henry(fighting for a top 5 rushers scraps) and Morris(running behind THE leading rusher) for sure. Mckinnon(gets his TD's vultured by Asiata) is also struggling and will continue too.

I'm also an AB owner, and I'm benching him. Without Ben he isn't much of a threat, he has had to play 12 games w/o him and he's never caught a TD pass in any of them.

As an AB owner last year and this year, he obviously is the goat when big ben is throwing to him, but I wouldn't bench him unless you really have a superior option. sure Vick is to blame for a ton of shittiness, but landry jones didnt do awful with him, he was still managing solid WR2 at the least. I think with landry jones under center he averages like 120 yards per game or something like that....

Waking up super early to grab free agents who slipped through waivers is my only real leg up lol
hahah amazing - do this too! it sucks that waivers go throug hat different times though...

waivered Kenny Britt this week for 13$, streaming Dalton vs Cle too...some guy spent 30$ on Hunter Henry, I was 2nd with 23$...dropped john brown - hate the scenario hes in with shitty palmer, amazing David johnson, and difficult upcoming schedule, picked up Gillislee to handcuff my Shady, the injury was a scare last week and his production with his limited touches is great.

really want corey coleman back

The only reason i'm holing so many(particularly Morris and Henry) is that there is honestly nothing worth picking up on the waiver wire as i'm in a 12 man league. I'm just hoping for the chance that the starters go down so I can try and trade them to their owners for a possible WR2 or even a 1 depending on how desperate they are.

Edit: Also, some people in our league have handcuffs of handcuffs as insane as that sounds. If there were better options out there, i'd quickly drop some of the dead weight instead of holding onto basically a lottery ticket.

But yeah, went from last week to this week (not including Dion Lewis) 1 injured player to 4 (counting AB since big Ben is hurt)

As an AB owner last year and this year, he obviously is the goat when big ben is throwing to him, but I wouldn't bench him unless you really have a superior option. sure Vick is to blame for a ton of shittiness, but landry jones didnt do awful with him, he was still managing solid WR2 at the least. I think with landry jones under center he averages like 120 yards per game or something like that....

I'm also a Steeler fan and have zero faith in Landry Jones, especially against the Pats. AB also, is not having a very AB like year, even with Ben. I don't have any issue benching him, he hasn't put up over 80 yards in almost a month now. I'm pretty loaded at WR and sitting at 6-0.

Trey

Start
Tyrod Taylor @ Miami
or
Alex Smith vs New Orleans?

Tyrod matches up well against the Dolphins, but on the other hand NO secondary is a dumpster fire.

Tough call, really can go either way. I would say flip a coin and not stress it too much.

I'm also a Steeler fan and have zero faith in Landry Jones, especially against the Pats. AB also, is not having a very AB like year, even with Ben..
Eh, in my .5 PPR Antonio Brown was the number 1 scoring WR going into last weekend. You could argue his yardage has been disappointing but he still had 5 TDs through the first 5 games. He was fine

Shady McCoy injured his hamstring today. Didn't finish practice.

Just when things were starting to look good for my team too.

Get well soon Shady!

Tyrod matches up well against the Dolphins, but on the other hand NO secondary is a dumpster fire.

Tough call, really can go either way. I would say flip a coin and not stress it too much.

Thanks. Decided to go with Smith due to that awful secondary in NO.

Thanks, I have Pitta who is like 7th in a PPR, but TEs are pretty weak this year. I'm trying to sling for Meredith as well. I think he's going to have a good rest of the year and I burned my waiver on Julius Thomas instead of him last week.

Maybe better for me, Hopkins for Olsen? Brock Osweiler sure is dragging Nuk down it seems, but I think Nuk's name/talent could still swing me Olsen. I think I'd rather Jordy than Nuk at this point.

Hopkins is a top 3 talent if he can get on a roll, but you're right that the Osweiler situation doesn't seem likely to continue being a series of deep bombs like in their 4th quarter comeback last week. I totally think you could make this deal - the other team may very likely consider it a "buy low". The gamble you are making is that old Nuk doesn't reappear, but let's face facts - Olsen is the #8 player in overall fantasy scoring (W/R/T) so you'd be trading a gamble for a lot of security.

Edit: Also, some people in our league have handcuffs of handcuffs as insane as that sounds. If there were better options out there, i'd quickly drop some of the dead weight instead of holding onto basically a lottery ticket.

How many bench slots in that league?! Sounds ridiculous. At some point there is more value picking upside guys over handcuffs.

necrosis

anyone want to speculate on how geno smith starting will impact brandon marshall? i'm panicking a bit at the moment and have extended a few trade offers to try and offload him before his fantasy value completely tanks

How many bench slots in that league?! Sounds ridiculous. At some point there is more value picking upside guys over handcuffs.

6 bench spots but it was my first time doing fantasy this year so I had a very bad draft(didn't know who to look out for, who to pick etc.) Most of the players I drafted have either been put on IR/or just straight out dropped (Charles Sims, Fitzpatrick, Duke Johnson, Jared Cook etc.)

And I dropped Alfred Morris for Mike Gillislee. I might end up playing him this week or try to trade him to the McCoy owner in my league-will wait until we have some more information.

TylerD

Well, I'm happy to finally be able to post. 3-3 this year in Yahoo standard in a 10-man. Losses of (.52, 30, and 3.5). I put up a mighty 61 in that 30 pt loss.

Team as of right now:

QB: Rivers, Mariota
RB: Ingram, Gordon, Howard, Hyde, Gillislee (as of 30 mins ago)
WR: OBJ, A Rob, Cooper, Marvin Jones Jr,
TE: Hunter Henry
K: Vinatieri
DST: Buffalo, Philly

Moves today:
-Dropped Palmer (he has looked BAD after I rode him last year and his ROS looks gross and David Johnson has changed that offense) picked up Mariota
-Dropped Ertz picked up Henry for the 2nd time in a week. Forgot I couldn't pick a player back up after dropping him to grab Buffalo DST last week. Would have played Henry and won last week. I was kicking myself after watching Thursday night football last week. Henry looks like a monster TE in the making.
- Dropped T. Benjamin and scooped up Gillislee as soon as I saw McCoy and hamstring in the same sentence. Thanks r\FF

Playing the league point leader so far with Brady, Julio, and Gronk this week.

Bone headed move of the draft: Picking OBJ over David Johnson. Last year's RB slaughter fest had me apprehensive even though I had him last year. He continues to be amazing and I should have picked him up again.

Tom Nook

Today has been crazy.

Picked up Morris off waviers just in case something happens to Zeke.
Hyde on a arm sling? Dropped Morris for M Davis.
McCoy with hamstring issues? Dropped M Davis for Gillislee.

Edit: It been confirmed that Hyde is out for week 7.......

fep

Welp I just bought high on Meredith.

Sent over Jeremy Maclin, hope this doesn't burn me! I figured he had Denver two more times and in week 16 when it matters... I was going to try to send over Spencer Ware, but I realized I value him a lot more than Maclin so.. hmm we'll see.

My WR corp is now: Jordy, Nuk, Meredith, John Brown, Tyrell Williams.

Added Ty Montgomery, there's a chance he is basically the Packer's main RB on Thursday even though he's listed as a WR.

Pretty sweet deal lol.

Top Bottom