• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DKehoe

What do people think of me switching Eli Manning back in for Carson Wentz? I've been using Wentz over Manning for a couple of weeks now but with the Eagles playing the Vikings I'm thinking of swapping Manning back in. I also have Beckham Jr on my team and I'm hoping that last week was the start of him really picking up momentum and hoping the two of them will become an effective pairing.

-SG

Anyone still rolling with Philadelphia DST this week against Minnesota? I can pick up KC or Tennessee off the waiver wire.

What do people think of me switching Eli Manning back in for Carson Wentz? I've been using Wentz over Manning for a couple of weeks now but with the Eagles playing the Vikings I'm thinking of swapping Manning back in. I also have Beckham Jr on my team and I'm hoping that last week was the start of him really picking up momentum and hoping the two of them will become an effective pairing.

After seeing what the Vikes D has done to offenses over the past couple of weeks I wouldn't want to start anyone against them. Plus the Giants are playing the Rams - Eli is gonna go off.

Anyone still rolling with Philadelphia DST this week against Minnesota? I can pick up KC or Tennessee off the waiver wire.

I dropped Philly for the Bengals this week. Again, I don't want to go anywhere near the Vikings game. Anyone other than KC or Tenn available? Philly is better than both of those, but I wouldn't trust any of them.

-SG

I dropped Philly for the Bengals this week. Again, I don't want to go anywhere near the Vikings game. Anyone other than KC or Tenn available? Philly is better than both of those, but I wouldn't trust any of them.

Unfortunately, the WW is bare. KC, Ten, Was, TB, NYG...

Tom Nook

Hope we get news on McCoy if he will play this week or not by today before TNF.

Currently have Gillislee and Howard.

If McCoy is out, starting Gillislee. If McCoy is playing, Howard is in.

Hate Thursday games...... :(

I'm rolling with the eagles this week because I don't have the space to roster two defenses because outside from a few weeks, I don't think the rest of season schedule looks too bad. More importantly though, nothing on waivers. The best option is the chiefs but I think it's pretty much a gamble at this point and may as well just roll with philly.

Matt Jones or Tevin Coleman, tough choice for me right now. Seems like Jones would have higher floor but lower ceiling?

Also decided to start Meredith tonight and Allen Robinson has been banished to my flex spot as punishment for underperforming.

anyone want to speculate on how geno smith starting will impact brandon marshall? i'm panicking a bit at the moment and have extended a few trade offers to try and offload him before his fantasy value completely tanks

I have a hard time seeing the Jets letting Geno air it out from the get-go (or even much at all the rest of the way). Probably a bunch of dink-and-dunk stuff with Forte and Powell. Marshall's production should probably be okay for flex even despite this, and might even improve once Geno gets more reps with the first team. It's only a matter of time until Petty overtakes Geno though, which probably won't change the situation drastically. Still, Marshall's a big body and reliable anywhere on the field, so Geno will probably rely on that and send a few chucks his way. A few of those are bound to be on target for Marshall to catch.

I'm benching Hopkins for the first and probably only time this season. Denver is a scary matchup and you know they have been looking forward to going after Brock.

Welp, there goes my season and i've been barely scraping by.

Next thing that will probably happen to me is that Carlos Hyde is out for more than 1 week(not including the bye)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Saw even talk of possible IR to Lacy...man my RBs are a dumpster fire, Lacy, Doug Martin, Foster, L Murray...all getting hurt :/

Just traded him though for Frank Gore and Terrelle Pryor...getting off the Lacy train.
Hell yes. Got rid of him before IR lol.

Tevin Coleman vs SD or Giovani Bernard vs CLE as flex?

Also, Kirk Cousins or Aaron Rodgers? Really don't want to play anyone tonight if I don't have to.

UberTag

Short term Jackson, long term Davis

Unless Jackson blows up tonight...
After watching Knile play in Kansas City there's very little that's long-term about him.
Then again, it's a wacky season when Jacquizz Rodgers is becoming a Top 10 fantasy play. Gillislee might be one going forward as well.

Cagey

Banned
In a two QB league with 4 point TDs... Kaep v TB or Hoyer v GB as my Big Ben replacement?

I lean Kaep very slightly...

After watching Knile play in Kansas City there's very little that's long-term about him.
"Long term" as in rest of season.

Also Jackson is in a great position. If he can come out and impress he might win the job

Edit: WTF is this?

Though Eifert (back, ankle) suggested he practiced fully Thursday, Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reports that the Bengals list the tight end's participation as limited.

That Eifert wasn't considered a full participant Thursday suggests that he's not a lock to return to action Sunday against the Browns, though he is clearly progressing and for his part, feels like he can give it a go in Week 7. More on the tight end's status once the Bengals' final injury report of the week is turned in Friday

Darkman M

Melvin Gordon @ Atl or Spencer Ware vs NO?

I had Gordon slotted in there but now ESPN Fantasy is making me second guess myself.

Tough choice, glad im playing them both. If i had to play one this week though it would probably be spencer against that sweet NO defense.

Just got offered Ryan Mathews and Desean Jackson for Amari Cooper...Rejected it. I'm not doing so well at RB but that did not seem worth it at all

Top Bottom