• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

ugh i fucking hate thursday night football

already feeling like i've lost the week purely because i started cam meredith

He was my first choice on waiver pickup and I was going to start him. Someone else grabbed him though so that worked out. Hope he does better for you going forward.

My opponent only got 4.5 pts from Alshon. I like it. Feeling confident about making a 5-game win streak 6 games this weekend.

6 points combined for Howard and Nelson. *sigh* What a way to start the week. And I'm facing last year's winner who has a good team again this year so I really need all the points I can get. The good(ish) news is I have Devante Adams even though he was riding pine for me last night but it looks like he could be a worthy flex option in the future.

Ugh add me to the list of those who got jack from Meredith. Thankfully I had Rodgers too and he went off in the 2nd half or I'd be completely screwed. I was back and forth all night between Meredith and Blount, and given that this league is PPR I figured Cam's receptions and yardage would best Blount's short yardage goal line score or two.

But then Hoyer's arm got broken. Such is life.

Hoping Shady sits so I can use Gillislee, seems like a solid start if McCoy is out.

Hoping Shady sits so I can use Gillislee, seems like a solid start if McCoy is out.

Yep. Also in the Meredith and Gillislee camps. Thursday Night football is an abomination. Can't believe how much worse it is getting week-to-week. About time to penalize any weekly ranks by 5-10 slots just if they have the Thursday game.

Even London worries me less.

Let's say McCoy is definitely out (Bills are saying it's a gametime decision). Would you start Gillislee or Matt Jones?

At TE, Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce or Cameron Brate?

Let's say McCoy is definitely out (Bills are saying it's a gametime decision). Would you start Gillislee or Matt Jones?

I'd say Gillislee over Jones. The Lions run defense is apparently pretty good.

Kelce has the best matchup against the Saints in my opinion.

Jarnet87

Wished I sell Howard before the Thursday's game...

I tried to trade him as a rb2 and no one was having any of it. his stock has definitely tanked with Fox giving Kadeem more work and who knows what happens when Langford comes back. If he keeps the job better days are ahead after the beat down Minnesota will give them.

Graham or Kelce is a toss up. Be grateful those are your options and go with your gut.

Gillislee is tough because McCoy hasn't been ruled out yet. I might just be Rex fucking off but I'd wait until Sunday morning and the injury reports are out. Gillislee is a good play if he has the backfield to himself.

Milabrega

Other than David Johnson last week, has any player actually performed well fantasy wise on TNF this year? Also in the started Meredith b/c of byes pack here.

ccbfan

Somebody is offering me Matt Ryan (he has Brady) for Jamaal Charles and John Brown.

I have D Johnson and Bell as rbs. My receiving corp is weak (starts Cobb and Baldwin) and brown havent done much for me this year. Plus Cobbs been really good since the packers stopped having a Lacy who is out for a long time.

My qb is Tyrod Taylor.

Charles is my flex right now and it would suck to lose him after waiting so long for him to play.

Someone is offering me Rivers and Kyle Rudolph for Stafford and Bryant. I'm thinking about taking it. I have Dak Prescott as my starting QB and Demaryius Thomas, Hopkins, and Pryor at WR. Rudolph has scored more points than Dez, but Rivers hasn't scored as much as Stafford. Should I accept?

Other than David Johnson last week, has any player actually performed well fantasy wise on TNF this year? Also in the started Meredith b/c of byes pack here.

AJ Green and Matt Forte.

Somebody is offering me Matt Ryan (he has Brady) for Jamaal Charles and John Brown.

I have D Johnson and Bell as rbs. My receiving corp is weak (starts Cobb and Baldwin) and brown havent done much for me this year. Plus Cobbs been really good since the packers stopped having a Lacy who is out for a long time.

My qb is Tyrod Taylor.

Charles is my flex right now and it would suck to lose him after waiting so long for him to play.

Nah not worth it. IMO, it's never worth giving up RBs or WRs for a QB.

AJ Green in week 2 I think. That's it.

My qb is Tyrod Taylor.

Take it. I hope Charles is back and awesome soon but this drops two injury issues for a better QB and an open roster spot to get somebody juicy on waivers.

Someone is offering me Rivers and Kyle Rudolph for Stafford and Bryant. I'm thinking about taking it. I have Dak Prescott as my starting QB and Demaryius Thomas, Hopkins, and Pryor at WR. Rudolph has scored more points than Dez, but Rivers hasn't scored as much as Stafford. Should I accept?

I like getting Rivers but Kyle is not massively valuable. I would stick with your team unless Kyle is a great upgrade for you. Just not an exciting deal and you'd be giving up the best talent.

AJ Green in week 2 I think. That's it.

Take it. I hope Charles is back and awesome soon but this drops two injury issues for a better QB and an open roster spot to get somebody juicy on waivers.

I like getting Rivers but Kyle is not massively valuable. I would stick with your team unless Kyle is a great upgrade for you. Just not an exciting deal and you'd be giving up the best talent.

Alright, thanks! I was on the fence. I'll decline it. Kyle isn't a great upgrade. I have Bennett at TE so Kyle would go on the bench, as would Rivers(not for this week though).

So after basically a four team trade where I ship off T.Taylor, B.Marshall, M.Evans, Blount, J.Stewart, and D.Williams, my lineup now looks like:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: D.Murray (d), J. Rodgers (w), D.Martin, S.Ware, J.Charles, M. Davis(w), C.Michael, D. Lewis (RES)
WR: J.Edelman, A.Brown(d), O.Beckham, S.Smith
TE: C.Brate (w), T.Eifert(w)
K: Vinatieri(w)
Def: Broncos(w)

d=drafted, w=waivers

I'm really loaded at RBs right now and I'm pretty much screwed for week 8 on WRs. Will need to make another move to fill in for those week 8 byes.

Only problem is one of the recipients of the four team trade ended up with:

Mariota, David Johnson, AJ Green, M. Evans, Allen Rob, and Dez. There was a Luck & J. Mathews for AJ Green and Allen Rob trade that made me sick lol. I guess it's to be expected because the guy that traded Green and Rob is the same person that dropped Broncos D. He also has Wrussel and picked up Eli off waivers...

I'm really loaded at RBs right now and I'm pretty much screwed for week 8 on WRs. Will need to make another move to fill in for those week 8 byes.
What's your record? If you can come out of week 7 at 5-2 or better, it might be best to just fill holes from waivers that week and hope you can pull off an upset as one loss shouldn't hurt your playoff chances.

You have a championship caliber team, you don't really want to trade away pieces just to fill in one week.

DKehoe

What the hell is going on with Theo Riddick? Have they released any info at all?

I'm also wondering this too. Also, with the Lions being pretty depleted at RB should I consider swapping Golden Tate into my flex spot thats currently occupied by Isaiah Crowell?

What's your record? If you can come out of week 7 at 5-2 or better, it might be best to just fill holes from waivers that week and hope you can pull off an upset as one loss shouldn't hurt your playoff chances.

You have a championship caliber team, you don't really want to trade away pieces just to fill in one week.

Everyone is currently, basically 3-3 like me.

Jarnet87

If he's active, would you start Pryor tomorrow? My only other choice would be Quincy Enuwa

Yes. He's getting the majority of targets and there could be lots of junk time in this one. I could see Enuwa getting a bunch of targets with the Ravens trying to take away Brandon Marshall but I have zero faith in Geno Smith.

Need 2 of 3: Britt, Hogan, Torrey Smith in a standard league. Right now I think I am rolling with Britt and one of Hogan/Smith depending on if Smith plays. Not expecting Britt to have another monster game but he's clearly been the #1 target for Keenum in the passing game. Hard for me to start two feast or famine guys.

1 point PPR league I need to start 3 of these 5.

Allen Robinson vs. Oakland
Maclin vs. Saints
Cooks vs. KC
Edelman vs. Pittsburg
Tate vs. Washington

1: No fuk u
2: The first two

1) Sorry your team is dead (not my fault)
2) Thank you
3)Allen Robinson, show up this week pls.. I'll be 4-3 in one league if you don't show up

Also Joe Flacco or Russell.. I'm leaning Flacco since I don't like that Arizona secondary and Flacco has the jets

1 point PPR league I need to start 3 of these 5.

Allen Robinson vs. Oakland
Maclin vs. Saints
Cooks vs. KC
Edelman vs. Pittsburg
Tate vs. Washington
Allen, Edelman, and Cooks.. (Tate needs another week to earn my trust and Maclin and Alex Smith is eh because the Saints are going to run the ball to death with Ware or Charles)

I need a wr
Fitzgerald or S. Sherpard today

Usually a no brainer but not sure who will have a better day.
In terms of opportunity.. I probably would start Sterling over Larry.. Cardinals are gonna ride DJ until he breaks (and rightfully so) and the Giants are gonna pass a lot more since Odell appears to have gotten his shit together now.

BradC00

Standard league

Pick one Flex:

Gillislee
Jaquizz Rodgers
Jeremy Maclin

I want to start Maclin v NO but he ain't done shit...

I have the same peeps and I'm rolling with jacquizz unless it looks like McCoy is fully healthy (yes I have him as well)

a) my reasoning is it looks like gill will at most split 50/50 with McCoy, and even if McCoy doesn't go, who knows how they will look. Last time Gill got a big workload he had 25 carries for like 25 yards =o
b) like you said Maclin hasn't done anything. He is basically my bye week fill in.
c) Jacquizz will probably get a heavy workload against a bad SF run defense, and it looks like Tampa Bay is going to reign in the passing game and not rely on Winston to pass as much as he did the first 4 weeks.

BradC00

This Mccoy stuff is stressful. I picked up his handcuff but don't know who to play

the latest is he is going to get 25-35 snaps, which is 60-70% of the work. he could still have a good day, i'm just staying away (even though I have both Gills and McCoy) because I have options and don't want to play a guy who may play 1 snap and then get pulled due to tightness in his hammy. if I didn't have jacquizz I would probably play McCoy tho.

Gordon @Atl or Ware @NO? Im leaning Ware since Charles was just diagnosed with knee swelling.

Hard choice. I'd lean Gordon simply due to the number of carries he'll get, where Ware still has Charles and West to share carries with. But you can't go wrong either way.

Then again, if SD is down big early, they might abandon the run. Plus the Chiefs lean on their running game a lot and are at home.

nillapuddin

soo.... someone dropped shady

I didnt hesitate to pick him up, dropped john brown for him.

although I have leveon, djohnson, and cmike, it just seemed too good to pass up

my team is a cluster of, who the F do I start

NC5gnqnl.png

Anyone have thoughts on my flex?

CMike facing a tough ARI defense, Diggs coming back after BYE, DT proj is low, idk

ryan299

Mike Davis or Chris Ivory?

Also for my flex position do I go with Fitzgerald, Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, or Travis benjamin?

Top Bottom