• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DKehoe

Melvin Gordon is an amazing man.

Between players on both sides either under or over performing in a big way my matchup this week has been a total rollercoaster. But as long as CJ Anderson and Nick Novak get 14 points between them then I'll win it.

nillapuddin

Need DT to score 18.6 points PPR

Im gunna leave Fuller on the bench, so watch this be the one game again where he catches a 70 yard bomb and gets all those points on one catch

One league I've already beaten the other guy by 100 points and I still have CJ Anderson and Trevor Siemian left to go and in the other league I'm being beaten by 100 points and I have Broncos D left to go - depending on how good/bad though do I might not make triple digits which is quite a feat given that particular league's scoring. Shiva giveth and taketh away.

Went up 1 when DJ had those extra 4 yards in OT, then would have put it away if Catanzaro had hit that FG. Now I'm up 1 with D Thomas going and my opponent is out of players. So unless he goes -2 today I'm good.

Won my week barely thanks to Eagles Defense pulling a rabbit out of the hat again. I keep thinking every week that it's going to be bad defense wise yet i'm proven wrong every single time.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
lost again. damnit. the mccoy/gillislee debacle really fucked me up. lost to the worst team in the league.

i had 3 options. play mccoy. play gillislee. play snead. I played gillislee. If I played snead I would have won my week.

kelce fucked me..again. like always. everytime I opt to play him he does poorly.
Britt ended up having his 2nd worst game yet this season the week I faab'd him.

dont know what to do for my coming weeks. I have about 2 games left to decide if i'll surive or not to playoffs. next week i'm stuck with a bye week with lots of players out. and after I might be able to rebound...

I desperately need corey coleman back and to turn my season around.

TylerD

Won my week barely thanks to Eagles Defense pulling a rabbit out of the hat again. I keep thinking every week that it's going to be bad defense wise yet i'm proven wrong every single time.

I played my Buffalo D due to matchups the past 2 weeks with my Philly D riding the bench. Would have won by 5 last week. No more!! I'm riding that Philly D the rest of the way and dropping Buffalo ASAP.

Had Marvin Jones on the bench this week and he outscored my 3 starting WRs of Beckham, Cooper, and A. Robinson... WTF...

So many bad matchups this week. Pats/Steelers, Hawks/Cardinals, Vikings/Eagles just soaked up huge amounts of fantasy value and drained it into the toilet. Maybe the lowest scoring week I can remember.

Got screwed by the whole McCoy/Gillislee bullshit.

I am now down 9 with only McManus left for me. He has Von Miller.

2-5 it is. Week 8 isn't gonna be any better with basically my entire team on bye.

woodchuck

Heads up. Ty Montgomery is now a RB, WR on ESPN. I've been holding on to my top waiver priority all season. Think I'm gonna finally burn it on him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Need Denver defense to not play well tonight against Texans..... Oh well I'm gonna lose :(

Coleman getting hurt ruined me since I played against freeman and he wasn't producing until then.

UberTag

Heads up. Ty Montgomery is now a RB, WR on ESPN. I've been holding on to my top waiver priority all season. Think I'm gonna finally burn it on him.
That's a sensible call. Frankly, I'm content as hell with him getting RB touches in a WR slot in my primary 0.5-PPR fantasy league. Will likely have him rolling in my WR/TE flex slot going forward... might be the best $3 FAAB investment I've ever made.

Would also love to get more out of Freeman going forward with Coleman hurt. I've got both guys so one of them being on the shelf so the other can soak up all the touches suits me just fine.

Had Marvin Jones on the bench this week and he outscored my 3 starting WRs of Beckham, Cooper, and A. Robinson... WTF...
I'm honestly not sure I could ever bench Marvin Jones if I had him on my roster. And I did have him at one point before trading him for OBJ. Dude's talented.

And I just lost my money league after the last McManus FG. Plus the GAF league kicked my ass.

I'm going to be dropping quite a few players after this week. Mostly Jags players.

[Trump_Voice] Jacksonville is a mess [Trump_Voice] *AIR-HORN*

The RB situation is a total shitshow, good lucking hitting the right guy on the right week. You could probably drop every Jaguar besides Allen Robinson. The unfortunate thing is you can't really start AR either. Totally TD dependent so far, which sucks because he has a ton of talent.

Also, 5-2 brehs
tCTJcBk.png

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
After the game I thought I won... (im the top team)

wn14IO7.png

...until ESPN gave denver a sack like 30mins after the game ended.
7idXti4.png

UberTag

I've got number 1 waiver priority this week. Should I use it on Devante Adams, Chris Tompson or hold.
I would not use it on Adams. There's no reason to entertain his performance against the Bears as anything but a fluke at this point.

As for Thompson, I might entertain him in a deep PPR league if I was especially hard up for running back depth. Would depend on who else is out there on the wire in your league. That said, their schedule after the bye is NOT pretty. Matchups against Minnesota, Green Bay, Dallas and Arizona. It gets rosier after that for the fantasy playoffs but that RB timeshare is fluid right now. I would advise holding.

NateDrake

Think Jacquizz is good guy to keep? Picked him up to play this week and he performed well. With McCoy questionable for Sunday, I may run Crow and Jacquizz this week. Or do I try to get Ty Montgomery from waivers?

UberTag

Think Jacquizz is good guy to keep? Picked him up to play this week and he performed well. With McCoy questionable for Sunday, I may run Crow and Jacquizz this week. Or do I try to get Ty Montgomery from waivers?
I would keep Quizz AND try to get Montgomery off waivers. Having both will give you options. Rodgers is pretty much an RB1 until Martin returns... and who knows how long that will be. Ty should give you the option of utilizing a Theo Riddick-like player out of the backfield in your WR slot. That's valuable.

Hazelhurst

Keep Jacquizz and snatch up Ty Montgomery as fast as you can. You lucky dog.

Hazelhurst

What're some good running backs I could get for:

Deandre Hopkins/Terrance West package.

See, in your league, who desperately needs a WR and see what running backs they have. It might be tough since Brock looks so bad, which in turn hurts Hopkins' value. You better hope the person you trade with didn't watch tonight's game.

duxstar

Lol my running backs have decided to put all the pressure on my wide receivers this year. Started the year with Lesean Mccoy, Ameer Abdullah, T.J. Yeldon and Arian foster.

Yeldon is garbage and i would drop him for anyone that i thought was even close to the 5 point a week marker, Abdullah goes on IR , and of course Foster retires today. Remember when Running backs were good ? What the hell happened. Will try to grab Thompson this week but i probably wont get him since i have a strong record thanks to the rest of my team.

Tom Nook

Thoughts on J Nelson. Should I still start him against the Falcons?

I'm lost on what to do with him after last game.

Other WRs: Jones JR, Landry (bye), Diggs, Moncrief (defiantly starting).

10team, standard, nonppr

Jarnet87

Leveon on bye, Jarvis on bye, even the terrible kaepernick is on bye. My team that looked so promising to start the year has crumbled. 2-5 possibly 2-6 with all these byes. Please come alive Jordan Matthews and Stefan Diggs. Left with Sieman, Fitzpatrick and Osweiler as streaming qbs because everyone hoarding qbs for no reason lol. People playing bye players instead of dropping backup qbs in this league

Joe

I won my match-up this week because of a few waiver pick-ups that I've picked up recently and stashed away until I needed them. I'm noticing more success when I don't overreact and just tinker sensibly.

UberTag

Thoughts on J Nelson. Should I still start him against the Falcons?

I'm lost on what to do with him after last game.

Other WRs: Jones JR, Landry (bye), Diggs, Moncrief (defiantly starting).

10team, standard, nonppr
Keep running Jordy out there. Especially against a likely shootout opponent with a burnable secondary like the Falcons.
Unless you hear about some kind of injury concern this week, treat the Bears game like a fluke.
He's still a better start than Moncrief simply because Donte's coming back from a shoulder injury.
Probably better than Diggs for similar reasons.
Never bench Marvin Jones. Unless it's against the Vikings.

Leveon on bye, Jarvis on bye, even the terrible kaepernick is on bye. My team that looked so promising to start the year has crumbled. 2-5 possibly 2-6 with all these byes. Please come alive Jordan Matthews and Stefan Diggs. Left with Sieman, Fitzpatrick and Osweiler as streaming qbs because everyone hoarding qbs for no reason lol. People playing bye players instead of dropping backup qbs in this league
If you're in a league where owners are leaving bye week players in their active lineup with regularity, you need to find a better league.

I won my match-up this week because of a few waiver pick-ups that I've picked up recently and stashed away until I needed them. I'm noticing more success when I don't overreact and just tinker sensibly.
The most important lesson you can learn in fantasy is understanding WHY you lost a matchup and react accordingly. And sometimes the best reaction is not to react. Nothing feels worse than dropping someone with talent (or trading them away) who can contribute and be a valuable asset simply because they had a bad game or two. Sometimes you're going to lose a matchup despite making the most logical calls and running into injuries or bad luck or an owner that got hot who happened to start fluke guys and win because they all happened to have their best game of the season against you.

Don't dismantle your team unless you have to. This is really one of those things that you only get a feel for with experience.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Fair? Yes. Would I do it myself? Hell no.
Don't like investing in receivers his age in keeper formats - even if he is a future hall of famer.

oh no - I just want him for the rest of this season... dont plan on keeping him

in my keeper league ( unsure if this is how it is across teh board) the teams who have no chance at making playoffs begin to sell off their best players for round picks to stock up for teh next season

UberTag

oh no - I just want him for the rest of this season... dont plan on keeping him

in my keeper league ( unsure if this is how it is across teh board) the teams who have no chance at making playoffs begin to sell off their best players for round picks to stock up for teh next season
So you don't carry over players from year to year and you're simply leveraging talent with next year's draft picks?
Then by all means go for it. Fitz is pretty much the only healthy Cardinal receiver right now unless you count David Johnson.

Feel like benching Jordy and Hopkins(if he's not on a bye) this week.
Jordy doesn't look good and DeAndre ain't got a good QB to pass to him.

So I thinking of Flexing Jordy with Latavis Murray or hopefully Doug Martin actually comes back soon.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So you don't carry over players from year to year and you're simply leveraging talent with next year's draft picks?
Then by all means go for it. Fitz is pretty much the only healthy Cardinal receiver right now unless you count David Johnson.

we do also carry players over.

thanks for your input!

TeegsD

12 team 0.5 PPR and I'm 0-7...I need help to not be last

My WRs: Deandre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Cameron Meredith, Michael Thomas, Jamison Crowder
My RBs: Devonta Freeman, Jordan Howard, Kenneth Dixon, Devontae Booker

Should I trade Michael Thomas for CJ Anderson

12 team 0.5 PPR and I'm 0-7...I need help to not be last

My WRs: Deandre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Cameron Meredith, Michael Thomas, Jamison Crowder
My RBs: Devonta Freeman, Jordan Howard, Kenneth Dixon, Devontae Booker

Should I trade Michael Thomas for CJ Anderson
Umm... did the other team offer that trade? Because i doubt they'd take it otherwise, but maybe that's just me

TeegsD

Umm... did the other team offer that trade? Because i doubt they'd take it otherwise, but maybe that's just me

They offered it, yup. I'm only hesitant to take it due to so many Week 9 Byes but I'm thinking of grabbing Ty with my #1 Waiver and slotting him in then. But gauging on your reaction, I should definitely do it?

Top Bottom