• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I love basketball as much as the next person (and I really gotta start posting in the NBA thread), but this isn't the NBA thread
KuGsj.gif

Edit: holy fuck at that fan....

I just heard Russ is having more problems with his knee, plus a new pectoral injury. Might not want to play him after all if you have an equal or better QB option.

Worth streaming Dallas D this week vs Philly? Other option is Detroit vs Hou but could be good to have Dallas before someone snags em against Cleveland next week.

Worth streaming Dallas D this week vs Philly? Other option is Detroit vs Hou but could be good to have Dallas before someone snags em against Cleveland next week.
Are the Jets or Titans available? Both have good matchups

The Eagles are top 5 in least amount of points allowed to opposing D/ST. Hanging on to Dallas for next week isn't a bad idea tho.

UberTag

Lions are pretty much useless if you're not using them this week against Houston as they draw Minnesota next followed by their bye.

Dallas was ramping up prior to their bye and I'm not all that scared of Philly's offense right now but I'm also not convinced the Browns will be the cupcake matchup they've been with Kessler and Hogan now that McCown seems to be healthy again.

One sneaky defense pickup nobody is talking about is San Diego. They held Denver to 13 points when they played two weeks ago and their next five matchups after the Broncos are all against dysfunctional offenses that have racked up tons of fantasy points for opposing defenses. They host the Titans next week, the Dolphins the week after that. And then after their bye, they visit Houston, host Tampa Bay and then visit Carolina. Not too shabby and Joey Bosa's been impressive since his debut.

And if you still don't think much of Cleveland, the Chargers face them on Week 16.

Lions are pretty much useless if you're not using them this week against Houston as they draw Minnesota next followed by their bye.

Dallas was ramping up prior to their bye and I'm not all that scared of Philly's offense right now but I'm also not convinced the Browns will be the cupcake matchup they've been with Kessler and Hogan now that McCown seems to be healthy again.

One sneaky defense pickup nobody is talking about is San Diego. They held Denver to 13 points when they played two weeks ago and their next five matchups after the Broncos are all against dysfunctional offenses that have racked up tons of fantasy points for opposing defenses. They host the Titans next week, the Dolphins the week after that. And then after their bye, they visit Houston, host Tampa Bay and then visit Carolina. Not too shabby and Joey Bosa's been impressive since his debut.

And if you still don't think much of Cleveland, the Chargers face them on Week 16.

Verrry interesting

McBryBry

So, my girlfriend has CJ Anderson. I have Gilislee. Another guy in our league has McCoy and Booker. Tried to get a three way trade going where he got Gilislee and she her Booker and he is NOT budging.

So, would you offer CJ for McCoy? Then I would trade her Gilislee for someone. My season is over but she still has success, except she's never played before and has failed to replace her almost entirely injured bench that now includes her RB2.

In a state of RB desperation in a 12-man standard CBS league...would you trade Amari Cooper for Jonathan Stewart? My RBs are Matt Jones, Jordan Howard, Bilal Powell and Mike Gillislee.

I have Ty Montgomery, but in CBS leagues he's only allowed to be WR or Flex. My other WRs are Maclin, TY Hilton, and Tyrell Williams. Everyone's got all the speculation RBs (Booker, Rob Kelley, Knile Davis) already, and everyone's got all the remaining good RBs already...

This league is so ridiculous :(

So, my girlfriend has CJ Anderson. I have Gilislee. Another guy in our league has McCoy and Booker. Tried to get a three way trade going where he got Gilislee and she her Booker and he is NOT budging.

So, would you offer CJ for McCoy? Then I would trade her Gilislee for someone. My season is over but she still has success, except she's never played before and has failed to replace her almost entirely injured bench that now includes her RB2.

I mean CJ is hurt for the next few weeks so

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am heavily #SKOL and the Bears are shit so Rudolph

Delanie Walker vs JAX tonight, or Miller vs MIN?

fep

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'd probably go Kelce, but I could see wanting to start Rudolph.

Jeremy Langford, Zach Miller, Ladarius Green ... who is the better hold? I know Langford wasn't too hot before the injury, but there is a chance he takes the job back. With Cutler back I was thinking Miller might see action again, especially with the WR injuries that have taken place, but do I really want to count on Cutler and the bears?

Ladarius Green could be money though.

I am heavily #SKOL and the Bears are shit so Rudolph

What do you think of Patterson lately?

Tom Nook

UGH,

Kicker (Tucker) on Bye, need to pickup one and don't want to drop Tucker.
SEA vs NO and want to change the DEF.
Walker vs JAX and want to change TE.

..but bench space is limited.

I wish I could lighten my roster and try to trade up so I can pick up some rest of season stashes(Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman etc.)

Problem is everyone has a shit ton of WR's and no RB's (I have ~6 RB's total but a lot of them are currently injured/possible high end handcuff). The worst part is i've been trying to trade McKinnon but no one wants him but he's too valuable to just straight out drop.

I feel like I jumped the gun on picking up Dion Lewis but I didn't think he'd be still available the the week before/the week of NE's bye

Ron Mexico

I'm sure I know the answer to this, just making sure I'm not crazy.

I was offered Alshon Jeffery and Jonathan Stewart for Jarvis Landry and Zach Zenner(?!)

I snap accept, right? Am I missing something completely crazy here?

well I dont feel so bad about my early Dion Lewis pickup as he's practicing today apparently. I'm still not expecting to play him until week 11 (i'm not playing him the first week he comes back due to him being out from an injury.)

UberTag

I'm sure I know the answer to this, just making sure I'm not crazy.

I was offered Alshon Jeffery and Jonathan Stewart for Jarvis Landry and Zach Zenner(?!)

I snap accept, right? Am I missing something completely crazy here?
Snap accepting is the correct call unless this guy is related to JStew and has inside info we're not privy to about his health or being traded to a team that already has RB depth due to a Panthers fire sale.

Just got word CJ Anderson is headed to IR. Congrats to all Devontae Booker owners!

TeegsD

#thoughts on dropping K. Dixon and picking up either D. Lewis or T. Rawls? Dixon has sat on my bench this whole time and I'm slowly losing faith in him actually doing anything. With Lewis back at practice, Im kinda leaning his way

Badosh

Sitting at 2-5.

My WRs are Robinson, Fitzgerald, Cooks, Byrant, Crabtree, Adams

My RBs are Anderson, Booker, Rodgers, Mckinnon, Stewart, White.

Looking to trade one of my WRs for a solid RB, any thoughts? League is fairly stingy with trades and people always seem to think everyone is low-balling them.

EDIT: Moncrief is on the wire, drop anyone for him?

rokkerkory

Sitting at 2-5.

Looking to trade one of my WRs for a solid RB, any thoughts? League is fairly stingy with trades and people always seem to think everyone is low-balling them.

Trade Anderson since he is done for the year lol

TylerD

4 active WRs for me this week and I need 3. Do I play newly added and still questionable Moncrief Sunday over A. Robinson tonight? Cooper and Jones Jr are locked in

edit: My opponent will be playing Luck against me too.

UberTag

Sitting at 2-5.

EDIT: Moncrief is on the wire, drop anyone for him?
Drop Anderson for Moncrief.
Make a low-ball offer for Doug Martin.
If you have additional bench space, nab Artis-Payne off the wire in case JStew gets dealt at the trade deadline.

Your RB situation looks fine to me. (I'm assuming you can't get Asiata.)

Instro

In a pretty bad RB situation this week with multiple byes and McCoy potentially not playing. Thoughts on these options:

Chris Ivory
Peyton Barber
Rashad Jennings
Alfred Blue
Knile Davis
Zach Zenner
Darren Sproles

Short of getting a trade done, which seems unlikely, I'm leaning towards Barber atm...

Jarnet87

That feel when you trade for a guy and he goes on IR the next week. Happened to me back in 2010. Gave up Big Ben, Mike Williams and Brandon Pettigrew for Antonio Gates. Helped me win one game and then was out the rest of the season lol.

deadeye

GAF, here is my fantasy football team. What I need help with is if I should play Allen Robinson tonight or not? I don't think I can trust him. I've started him every week so far, and I don't know if should give him one more chance or not. I have other options, but h clearly has the best matchup out of all my other WRs.

So, I ask you. Should I start Allen Robinson tonight?
Thank you for your advice.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_27_at_4_33_11_PM.png

Top Bottom