• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

welp

I've had Henry riding my bench ever since the person in our league that drafted him dropped him in week 2(he doesn't nor do I own Murray)

oh well, no way could have predicted that since he's been averaging ~3 points a week

Joe

Blake Bortles is my starting QB and I love it. Due to an error in my leagues scoring, QBs get 2pts every time they are sacked so Bortles is the #7 highest ranking QB in the league. :D

the worst part is I had Bortles but I dropped him last week for Winston who was on waivers

oh well. I wasn't expecting on winning this week since i'm playing against DJ and i'm playing 2nd/3rd string RB's unlesss the Eagles Defense has another clown fieta game

Jarnet87

As a Matt Jones and Rob Kelley owner I wonder if it's better if Rob Kelley just stinks as the feature back this weekend. The Redskins backfield is a mess and Kelley having a good game may just confuse it even more. Could be a messy few weeks if Kelley continues to eat away Jones' carries. Maybe he will have a good game and they will just bench Jones

DCX

DCX
As a Matt Jones and Rob Kelley owner I wonder if it's better if Rob Kelley just stinks as the feature back this weekend. The Redskins backfield is a mess and Kelley having a good game may just confuse it even more. Could be a messy few weeks if Kelley continues to eat away Jones' carries. Maybe he will have a good game and they will just bench Jones
This was my worry and I traded him along with Hopkins for Beckham.

It has the potential of working out for the team I traded him to, but for me, the writing is on the wall :/

DCX

HALP!

Was 3-1, now 3-4. Scored under 100 points 3 weeks in a row (unheard of).

QB: Russell Wilson / Derek Carr / Jameis Winston? (WHY DO I HAVE TO ASK THIS, F-U fantasy!)

TE: Kyle Rudolph or Martellus Bennett?

FLEX: Dez Bryant / Jerick McKinnon / Jordan Howard

DCX

DCX
Blake Bortles is my starting QB and I love it. Due to an error in my leagues scoring, QBs get 2pts every time they are sacked so Bortles is the #7 highest ranking QB in the league. :D
Lol I run a money league and I discovered an error in scoring. It gave players -2 for a fumble but if they lost the fumble it was +3

I realized too late and in making the adjustment it threw the entire league out of wack.

I fixed it for this season and now it's -2 for fumbles and -2 for for fumbles lost. Yea..don't fumble.

DCX

Lol wtf why isn't it fixed lol

It probably wasn't noticed until after the season already started. I think changing it would go back and reverse scores of previous games that could cause wins or losses to change hands. At least what my cousin told me 3 years ago. He set QB's at 10 yards per point lol. It was only his 2nd time running a league and he was a new football fan. Basically he didn't truly understand how strong it would make them.

We all noticed something was wrong the first week but nobody truly knew why until I looked at the scoring system after the 2nd week and realized what he did. It was cool with me though, I had Peyton Manning that year.

It was probably wasn't noticed until after the season already started. I think changing it would go back and reverse scores of previous games that could cause wins or losses to change hands. At least what's my cousin told me 3 years ago. He set QB's at 10 yards per point lol. It was only his 2nd time running a league and he was a new football fan. Basically he didn't truly understand how strong it would make them.

We all noticed something was wrong the first week but nobody truly knew why until I looked at the scoring system after the 2nd week and realized what he did. It was cool with me though, I had Peyton Manning that year.

Yep, if you change scoring it will change the results of previous games. But in this case it should still be changed. (It is hilarious though)

BradC00

I know Bortles is a garbage time QB. That's why I got him. Now that the team has given up he will have 2 quarters of garbage time against backups instead of just the 5 minutes he's had in the previous games. Oh well. I was doing well with my QBs putting up 10-14 points a week, my new QBs should at least get me a 20 every weeks.

phanphare

Banned
the worst part is I had Bortles but I dropped him last week for Winston who was on waivers

oh well. I wasn't expecting on winning this week since i'm playing against DJ and i'm playing 2nd/3rd string RB's unlesss the Eagles Defense has another clown fieta game

winston's schedule from here on out is fantastic though. seattle isn't so great (has some garbage time potential though) but the rest ranges from a decent match up (bears and KC are 16th and 18th against the pass respectively) to delicious (oakland this week dead last against the pass, atlanta next week 2nd to last against the pass, and new orleans twice in the playoffs who are 3rd to last against the pass)

winston is my guy in both leagues rest of season and will probably just stream someone against seattle. I'd be surprised if winston doesn't finish as a top 10 QB for fantasy.

winston's schedule from here on out is fantastic though. seattle isn't so great (has some garbage time potential though) but the rest ranges from a decent match up (bears and KC are 16th and 18th against the pass respectively) to delicious (oakland this week dead last against the pass, atlanta next week 2nd to last against the pass, and new orleans twice in the playoffs who are 3rd to last against the pass)

winston is my guy in both leagues rest of season and will probably just stream someone against seattle. I'd be surprised if winston doesn't finish as a top 10 QB for fantasy.

Yeah I hope so. I wasn't planning on winning this week(starting Bortles might have given me a chance maybe) since i'm playing against the DJ owner whereas i'm starting the backups of the backups (J. Rodgers, Asiata and probably Gillislee, lol)

Joe

Lol wtf why isn't it fixed lol

Lol I run a money league and I discovered an error in scoring. It gave players -2 for a fumble but if they lost the fumble it was +3

I realized too late and in making the adjustment it threw the entire league out of wack.

I fixed it for this season and now it's -2 for fumbles and -2 for for fumbles lost. Yea..don't fumble.

DCX
Yeah, I told the manager of the league and he fixed it but then it retroactively adjusted all the previous weeks scores and standings. Had to revert it back and just play with it.

phanphare

Banned
Yeah I hope so. I wasn't planning on winning this week(starting Bortles might have given me a chance maybe) since i'm playing against the DJ owner whereas i'm starting the backups of the backups (J. Rodgers, Asiata and probably Gillislee, lol)

if DJ is david johnson he might not have as explosive of a week as usual. he'll still be fine most likely but they're playing carolina who has a really solid front and an exploitable secondary (7th against the run, 27th against the pass) so palmer might rely on his WRs more so than usual. also rodgers is a great start this week. not sure about the other two..

mike6467

I need a new RB, Anderson is out, I was lucky to pickup Ajayi but I'm starting TJ Yeldon and Darren Sproles this week and that's not ok. I've got Dion Lewis on my IR, really hoping he comes on strong for the home stretch. So many injured running backs this year...

Breesus Christ

Neo Member
Need help fantasy gaf. Full point ppr 10 team league. I have Jacquiz Rodgers and he's been fantastic been putting rb1 number. I also ty Montgomery and can get David Martin straight up for him. Do I do it? I do know Tampa fantasy playoff schedule is the easiest schedule. But I had cj Anderson go down on me and Montgomery has been a stud in his new role. Or do I go after booker maybe?

My RB situation
Cj Anderson (out for who knows how long)
Theo Riddick (coming back thank god)
Ty Montgomery
Jacquiz Rodgers

Need help fantasy gaf. Full point ppr 10 team league. I have Jacquiz Rodgers and he's been fantastic been putting rb1 number. I also ty Montgomery and can get David Martin straight up for him. Do I do it? I do know Tampa fantasy playoff schedule is the easiest schedule. But I had cj Anderson go down on me and Montgomery has been a stud in his new role. Or do I go after booker maybe?

My RB situation
Cj Anderson (out for who knows how long)
Theo Riddick (coming back thank god)
Ty Montgomery
Jacquiz Rodgers

Ty Montgomerys role is going to diminish when starks comes back and kniles learns the playbook. Unless you need to win now, do the trade.

I need a new RB, Anderson is out, I was lucky to pickup Ajayi but I'm starting TJ Yeldon and Darren Sproles this week and that's not ok. I've got Dion Lewis on my IR, really hoping he comes on strong for the home stretch. So many injured running backs this year...

Rob Kelley available in your league?

if DJ is david johnson he might not have as explosive of a week as usual. he'll still be fine most likely but they're playing carolina who has a really solid front and an exploitable secondary (7th against the run, 27th against the pass) so palmer might rely on his WRs more so than usual. also rodgers is a great start this week. not sure about the other two..

Yeah David Johnson. Like I said I'm not getting my hopes up and it's fine if I lose this week (will be 5-3.)

I just hope Carlos Hyde and Big Ben(I have Brown) come back strong next week.

And on a random note, i'm considering dropping Jordan Matthews for Alfred Morris since it looks like CJA just got put on IR. I was holding Morris all season but had to drop him last week and no one has picked him up since.

ugh

mike6467

Rob Kelley available in your league?

No unfortunately, it's a 12 team league and everyone is pretty on top of things, so not much falls through the cracks. I'm probably going to holdout and see how Ajayi pans out, I may end up trading one of my WR's (I've got Diggs, Cobb and Benjamin) if it looks like Dion Lewis isn't going to pan out.

So far this year I've gone through Shane Vereen, Charles Simms and CJ Anderson. I still have Rashad Jennings and just picked up Perkins only because there isn't much out there. I am trying to get Gillislee on waivers for Sunday's game, even though he may only be starting for one week.

TylerD

Mariota looked really good last night. I know it was against the Jaguars but he would have beasted if they hadn't blown them away the first half.

Allen Robinson getting 7 on my bench doesn't bother me. I'm thinking Moncrief will improve on that.

Tom Nook

Yeah David Johnson. Like I said I'm not getting my hopes up and it's fine if I lose this week (will be 5-3.)

I just hope Carlos Hyde and Big Ben(I have Brown) come back strong next week.

And on a random note, i'm considering dropping Jordan Matthews for Alfred Morris since it looks like CJA just got put on IR. I was holding Morris all season but had to drop him last week and no one has picked him up since.

ugh

As a Zeke owner and all these RB injuries are happening, I'm doing it.

As a Zeke owner and all these RB injuries are happening, I'm doing it.

I figure in the very worst case scenario that someone else picks up J. Matthews that it isn't a huge loss since my WR depth is not bad (Antonio Brown, Ty Hilton and Cooks) and was thinking about picking up Sammy Watkins around ~week 10 or 11.

All of the RB's I drafted(not that I drafted any good ones) have all been put on IR or aren't doing anything at all, oh well.

So im 2-5 and pretty much done this year, pondering trading Doug Martin for Adrian Peterson.

Does AP really present good long term value? 3 keeper league and I have Antonio Brown, D Mart and Jonathan Stewart as keepers.

UberTag

[KoRp]Jazzman;221973567 said:
So im 2-5 and pretty much done this year, pondering trading Doug Martin for Adrian Peterson.

Does AP really present good long term value? 3 keeper league and I have Antonio Brown, D Mart and Jonathan Stewart as keepers.
No running back AP's age presents long-term value.

[KoRp]Jazzman;221974459 said:
Agreed, but over DMart?

Would rather Dmart right now, the concern with AP is after two bad years, does he even have another left? Who's to say he doesn't play a few games, get injured, and then just retire? What happens if the Vikings push this along by drafting an RB?

wbsmcs

[KoRp]Jazzman;221973567 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if AP doesn't play another snap in the NFL.

If you were to give me an even money bet that AP would score another TD, I would be hesitant to take it.

NateDrake

Crowell or Asiata in RB? McCoy is out for Sunday and I have Quizz and Crowell starting right now, but I'm thinking maybe Asiata vs Bears may be a better choice. PPR league.

Top Bottom