• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

GAF, here is my fantasy football team. What I need help with is if I should play Allen Robinson tonight or not? I don't think I can trust him. I've started him every week so far, and I don't know if should give him one more chance or not. I have other options, but h clearly has the best matchup out of all my other WRs.

So, I ask you. Should I start Allen Robinson tonight?
Thank you for your advice.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_27_at_4_33_11_PM.png

Until A Rob starts producing, I'd bench him in favor of Dez. Dez also has a much better QB and offense than Robinson. He has a recent history of big games against the Titans, but I don't play Thursday night players unless they're a stud (Brown, Rodgers, Brady, Gronk, etc).

TeegsD

Boys, I'm starting Palmer in my work league. Had benched him for awhile in favor of Hoyer but that option is no longer available to me. He has a favorable matchup v. Carolina but I just don't know if I trust him. Meanwhile Brock and Fitz are on waivers and I'm beginning to lean their way. I'm a little hesitant on Brock as he'd be my third Texan starting but Fitz v. CLE seems too good to pass up as a streaming option. Just unsure what to do.

I have to gripe about this trade that's been on my mind all day. So I traded away D. Booker and Tyrell Williams for Jarvis Landry yesterday morning, half an hour before the CJ news broke. I thought at the time it was a slight overpay, but for a player who would be a solid starter for my lineup (.5 PPR). Flex RB and WR3 for an WR2. Now, it looks like I've sent away a potential RB1. Hate to lose a trade before it's even been processed. I'm still OK RB-wise but I'd love to be still riding on that Booker hype train.

Badosh

Drop Anderson for Moncrief.
Make a low-ball offer for Doug Martin.
If you have additional bench space, nab Artis-Payne off the wire in case JStew gets dealt at the trade deadline.

Your RB situation looks fine to me. (I'm assuming you can't get Asiata.)

Thanks, I'll grab Moncrief. I'll try to grab Martin as well.

This is my entire team/bench, minus QB, TE, DEF, K. So who would you drop for Artis-Payne or Asiata (who is available as well), if you would drop anyone.

deadeye

Until A Rob starts producing, I'd bench him in favor of Dez. Dez also has a much better QB and offense than Robinson. He has a recent history of big games against the Titans, but I don't play Thursday night players unless they're a stud (Brown, Rodgers, Brady, Gronk, etc).

I agree with you. My concern with Dez is he is coming back from injury so I'm worried about how he performs. But, I agree. I'm benching Robinson.

DCX

DCX
I have Hyde, Ingram, Booker, McKinnon, Ryan Mathews at RB. Should I drop McKinnon or Mathews and grab Deion Lewis?

DCX

joeposh

I got offered Christine Michael and Randall Cobb for AJ Green.

It's a standard 2 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex league.

The guy who offered has also Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Jamal Charles and Le'Veon Bell at RB, and Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin and Golden Tate at WR.

I just lost CJ Anderson, so I'm in trouble at RB. My remaining RB's are Crowell, Tevin Coleman, Jordan Howard, Chris Thompson, Rashad Jennings and Chris Ivory. All meh tier at best. Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder and Willie Snead.

I'm tempted to counter with either AJ Green for Le'veon straight up, or just see how thirsty he is and offer AJ Green and Tevin Coleman for Le'Veon and Kelvin Benjamin so I get a replacement WR and sell high on a RB that I was never eager to start.

What would you do?

I'm stuck playing him since no one will deal for my stable of RBs..

Feels bad man..

:(

I have Pryor, Michael Thomas, A-Rob, Robert Woods and Meredith

natjjohn

The guy who offered has also Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Jamal Charles and Le'Veon Bell at RB, and Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin and Golden Tate at WR.

I just lost CJ Anderson, so I'm in trouble at RB. My remaining RB's are Crowell, Tevin Coleman, Jordan Howard, Chris Thompson, Rashad Jennings and Chris Ivory. All meh tier at best. Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder and Willie Snead.

I'm tempted to counter with either AJ Green for Le'veon straight up, or just see how thirsty he is and offer AJ Green and Tevin Coleman for Le'Veon and Kelvin Benjamin so I get a replacement WR and sell high on a RB that I was never eager to start.

What would you do?

Pretty confident he would never do your counters. Your second counter seems laughably biased towards you since Tevin is hurt and Atlanta has already signed an insurance RB.

joeposh

Pretty confident he would never do your counters. Your second counter seems laughably biased towards you since Tevin is hurt and Atlanta has already signed an insurance RB.

Do you think his initial offer is a fair one, or should I just hold onto AJ? I'm mostly worried about the possibility of Michael eventually getting benched for Rawls.

phanphare

Banned
Do you think his initial offer is a fair one, or should I just hold onto AJ? I'm mostly worried about the possibility of Michael eventually getting benched for Rawls.

I wouldn't do aj and cobb for michael, that's for sure. I doubt you'll be able to get bell off of him though.

Jims

What would you do?

Christine Michael has been good so far but there is a question in the future about what the Seattle backfield looks like when Thomas Rawls gets back. There are rumblings that it's going to go back to a committee, which could be bad for Michael owners.

Le'Veon for A.J. straight up isn't crazy... He might actually do it if he's worried about the Big Ben thing. He doesn't have a legit WR1, so he would be interested in A.J.

You have a lot of RB2/Flex types, so you should probably be aiming at trying to get Bell from him, or Miller/Michael at the worst. Although you might want to nab Alfred Blue if you go for Miller.

Honestly, if you really want Bell and he's being stubborn, you could probably afford to throw in one of your RBs in the deal and maybe he would do it. They're all kind of interchangeable from your point of view, so you wouldn't lose much (line-up wise).

A.J./Marvin is a pretty nice WR lineup, so you could also just try to get Gore or Charles or something and play RB roulette. Running backs are so inconsistent this year (outside the Top 5 guys), you might be able to get away with it. He's probably looking for a little WR help, so maybe he would want some of your depth.

joeposh

Yeah, I think those are all really good points. I will see if I can manage to get Bell into the deal. Otherwise, I'll probably move on to deals that don't involve AJ.

I humored starting Henry this week as a flex after getting hit hard by the bye. It actually would have paid off. I assume he'll get a majority of this second half garbage time

Just got a trade offer.
Send: Allen R
Receive: Davante Adam, Doug Martin

This is a no brainer right? I no longer trust myself or my team. PPR 10 team sitting at 5th with a 4-3 record.

My Team
QB Matthew Stafford,
RB Giovani Bernard,
RB Latavius Murray,
WR DeAndre Hopkins,
WR Allen Robinson,
TE Tyler Eifert, Cin TERecent News
FLEX Randall Cobb,
D/ST Vikings D/ST D/ST
K Adam Vinatieri,

BENCH
LeSean McCoy,
Emmanuel Sanders,
OBJ
Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
Russell Wilson, Sea QB
Mike Gillislee
Donte Moncrief, Ind WR Q

Milabrega

Can't watch the game. I pretty much have to start Arob since I'm depleted due to injuries and trading deadline passed in my league, what is he doing or not doing that has everyone in here cursing him?

Just got a trade offer.
Send: Allen R
Receive: Davante Adam, Doug Martin

This is a no brainer right? I no longer trust myself or my team. PPR 10 team sitting at 5th with a 4-3 record.

Take it. Adam is about equal to AR at this point. Martin has an amazing playoff schedule.

Can't watch the game. I pretty much have to start Arob since I'm depleted due to injuries and trading deadline passed in my league, what is he doing or not doing that has everyone in here cursing him?

It's not really his fault. It's the QB play. Bortles has been really bad.

Jags had 60 total yards at half, their entire offense was terrible

But Titans are playing prevent and things are opening up now.

Joe

I had Allen Robinson on the bench and 10 minutes before game time I got cold feet and started him. I really need a win this week too.

Edit: 7pts I'll happily take that

Whew lad I am laughing my ass off

Walker got me 12 points, which is good

Mariota got 27, so I feel ok benching him

Bortles got FOURTY for my opponent...who benched him

Garbage time is where Bortles makes his living. He sucks until he's down by at least 3 touchdowns.

Yup. And people were so high on him because they were banking on him translating that "experience" and putting it all together.

But he just keep chucking balls at people and it doesn't work until garbage time because that's when the defense stops caring lol

Cappa

Banned
here´s some sleeper picks for this week and perhaps ROS for deep bench leagues or 12-14 teamers.

Rob Kelley Redskins

JJ Nelson Cardinals

Kapri Bibbs Broncos

Jonathan Williams Bills (if McCoy misses any extended time, Mike gilleslie is the vet but Jon Williams has some real talent)
of course i got rid of bortles the week he goes off (fantasy wise)

hes the worst fantasy QB in terms of ADP this year..... last night was a fluke and like people pointed out it was nothing but GTP.

Cappa

Banned
thoughts on this trade

guy gives:
Dez
Reed
7rnd pick
8 rnd pick

I give:
3 rnd pick
4 rnd pick
kelce
and a non-factor player

is this a dynasty league? How are you trading picks? Anyway valuing this trade is weird without knowing everything. Who is the non factor player?

Kelce, on the Chiefs offense is useless, no matter how good he is. Though, Jordan Reed has a history concussions and one more might put his season or even career in jepoardy.

Dez Bryant also hasnt done anything in what seems forever.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
is this a dynasty league? How are you trading picks? Anyway valuing this trade is weird without knowing everything. Who is the non factor player?

Kelce, on the Chiefs offense is useless, no matter how good he is. Though, Jordan Reed has a history concussions and one more might put his season or even career in jepoardy.

Dez Bryant also hasnt done anything in what seems forever.

Keeper league - I'm essentially making a push for playoffs by using draft picks from 2017 to buy good players from teams that dont have a chance at playoffs and are selling off to set up their draft for next year.

the non-factor player is marqise lee.

my current WRs:
A Brown
Willie Snead
Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Kenny Britt
Marqise Lee

thoughts on this trade

guy gives:
Dez
Reed
7rnd pick
8 rnd pick

I give:
3 rnd pick
4 rnd pick
kelce
and a non-factor player

As a fellow keeper player, this is definitely a gamble. I for sure like Reed over Kelce, so that's an upgrade. But Dez...without knowing if Romo is back it's hard to spend anything major on him. In a vacuum you're giving up slightly too much value, but this isn't about the cost. It's strictly "do you think you can start Dez in the next 3 weeks". That's what you have to ask yourself.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
As a fellow keeper player, this is definitely a gamble. I for sure like Reed over Kelce, so that's an upgrade. But Dez...without knowing if Romo is back it's hard to spend anything major on him. In a vacuum you're giving up slightly too much value, but this isn't about the cost. It's strictly "do you think you can start Dez in the next 3 weeks". That's what you have to ask yourself.

yup definitely - and I already took a chance on demarco and he hit, so I'm worried i wont hit on these chances. hahaha.

only good thing I can see, is our trade deadline is November 12th, which is the week after week 10 games...so if they dont work out I'm going to sell off Antonio brown, Mccoy, maybe demarco (though his value as a 4th round keepr is good, so i'll prob keep him), dez and reed albeit at much lower prices most likely... but my point is my draft for next year isn't 100% fucked if they dont work out in next 2-3 weeks

Cappa

Banned
Keeper league - I'm essentially making a push for playoffs by using draft picks from 2017 to buy good players from teams that dont have a chance at playoffs and are selling off to set up their draft for next year.

the non-factor player is marqise lee.

my current WRs:
A Brown
Willie Snead
Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Kenny Britt
Marqise Lee

Id pass... Dez and Reed have been to injury prone for my liking.

Haruko

7-0 in my money league; top 2 get a playoff bye on Week 14, with semifinals/finals on 15-16.
I'm averaging 122.52 pts/week (scoring is pretty standard, though QB Pass TDs are worth 6)

10 team standard league; allows for 1 keeper. (I did not keep this year and drafted Julio first round.)

But I probably just lost CJA for good, and idk when Ben is coming back. Carr has a bye week 10 that Ben may miss...

My brother's team is 1-6 and pretty much ready to sell off for 2017 draft picks. Should I go all in and trade him some juicy picks in an effort to win this year? He's got Matt Ryan/Russell Wilson, as well as Devonta Freeman & Jonathan Stewart who have nice fantasy playoff matchups. I may offer for one of his RBs and maybe Ryan as insurance in case Ben takes a while to come back...

Bryant is only here for Tucker's bye week; Tucker has been money all year.

Top Bottom