• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Am I crazy to consider a streamer like Fitzpatrick vs CLE or Alex Smith vs IND over Rivers?

And how bout my crappy flex option this week, Tyrell Williams or Theo Riddick in a 1 pt PPR? Leaning towards Riddick for the same reasons I'm hesitant starting Rivers.

Tom Nook

Am I crazy to consider a streamer like Fitzpatrick vs CLE or Alex Smith vs IND over Rivers?

And how bout my crappy flex option this week, Tyrell Williams or Theo Riddick in a 1 pt PPR? Leaning towards Riddick for the same reasons I'm hesitant starting Rivers.

Fitz is not a bad option this week. Heck, McCown is back too, another one - both could be "Bortles" today.

My opponent is going to be down Cobb and didn't wake up early enough to slide Jordan Reed into their flex

Those London games are sneaky. Check you players' schedules during the week, brehs.

Soroc

Which TE should I play today, 1pt PPR

Doyle or C. Fiedorowixisl

I would normally go Doyle no brainer, but with Moncrief and Dorsett back this week I wonder if the targets will diminish. I also am already starting Luck and TY Hilton so I'm worried about putting too many chips into the lineup against the KC defense.

STD league, non ppr

Asiata vs CHI
Or
JStew vs Ari

I would go Asiata, I'm flexing him today

BumRush

So Cobb is out and I need to start a flex (PPR). My choices are Robert woods, powell or Jordan Howard since I'm decimated by byes/injuries. Leaning woods since he's their only receiving option, but wanted your advice.

Soroc

So Cobb is out and I need to start a flex (PPR). My choices are Robert woods, powell or Jordan Howard since I'm decimated by byes/injuries. Leaning woods since he's their only receiving option, but wanted your advice.

Powell might be a good sneaky flex today. He won't be held back as an emergency QB and I can't see the Jets letting Fitz pass the ball too much outside of screens. Forte needs to be held back a little after last weeks heavy workload so I see Powell against the Browns as the best possibility for good points out of those players.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

I would say woods - if he's healthy. I think the run game vs NE is going to stall, and the yare going to have to throw t he ball a ton to keep up with brady

edit: quick guys!

gillislee in a rbbc or powell behind forte

TeegsD

Well...Ty Montgomery being out makes things interesting for me. Thoughts on who I should FLEX in?

Meredith
Miller
Howard

All 3 vs. Vikes which is less than ideal. I could try picking someone else up

glad I had the balls to go with my gut and start Mike Gillislee

I wasn't counting on winning this week(all my rb's are backups or backups of thebackups) but if david johnson doesn't score too much, might actually win

UberTag

This is one of those weeks where you make all the right moves and it's still not enough to pull out a win. Ware is now concussed. Ingram is in the doghouse. Montgomery is having a sick out. I'm getting crushed by the Panthers... except the one Panther I have in Olsen is doing nothing.

I can't recall the last time I've made so many mid-day adjustments to my fantasy lineup just to try and field some semblance of a competitive team.

Rough week for me to have players on a bye, Had to deal with two leagues that had both Brady and Gronk. One even had the Den D.

So how long will Spencer Ware will be out? Is it time to trade Hopkins? Brock's a joke

-SG

Well, I woke up too late yesterday to swap out Cobb for Crowder. I'm sitting 3 points down going into the game tonight. My only options are a questionable Cameron Meredith vs. Min or a questionable Cordarelle Patterson @ Chi... What to do?

Rough week for me to have players on a bye, Had to deal with two leagues that had both Brady and Gronk. One even had the Den D.

So how long will Spencer Ware will be out? Is it time to trade Hopkins? Brock's a joke
200w.gif

Also.. should I trade for Alshon Jeffrey? His owner needs TE help.

Cappa

Banned
here´s some sleeper picks for this week and perhaps ROS for deep bench leagues or 12-14 teamers.

Rob Kelley Redskins

JJ Nelson Cardinals

Kapri Bibbs Broncos

Jonathan Williams Bills (if McCoy misses any extended time, Mike gilleslie is the vet but Jon Williams has some real talent)

I nailed Rob Kelley and JJ Nelson.

Kapri Bibbs was a big whiff and Jonathan Williams got saved by a garbage time TD.

Hope this list helped someone. :)

Zeke owners may want to pickup Morris now....

Non issue, if any suspsension does happen it wont be until next year.

I nailed Rob Kelley and JJ Nelson.

Kapri Bibbs was a big whiff and Jonathan Williams got saved by a garbage time TD.

Hope this list helped someone. :)

Non issue, if any suspsension does happen it wont be until next year.
Nelson was a great pick thank you.. hopefully his numbers continue to grow with Floyd being hurt.

Also Should I trade Jeremy Hill for Jarvis Landry? I'm trying to shore up my WRs (.5 PPR). The other team has Gio Bernard so I figure I can get this deal done my RBs are Gore and Michael and Peyton Barber. My other WRs are JJ Nelson, Amari, T.Y, and Robert Woods.

Also.. should I trade for Alshon Jeffrey? His owner needs TE help.

I've been trying to trade for him all week. He's on the roster of the least active player in my league so I wasn't able to get it done unfortunately. I feel like he'lol turn it around with Cutler back, but with Vikings this week and a bye next week, his value might not be until week 10 and beyond.

I made a last minute move and started Theo Riddick and sure as happy I did that. He brought home the W for me this week

I've been trying to trade for him all week. He's on the roster of the least active player in my league so I wasn't able to get it done unfortunately. I feel like he'lol turn it around with Cutler back, but with Vikings this week and a bye next week, his value might not be until week 10 and beyond.

I made a last minute move and started Theo Riddick and sure as happy I did that. He brought home the W for me this week
I was thinking it too.. the guy I'm looking at trading with has Julius Thomas underperforming and Vance McDonald as his backup TE (I have Olsen so I'm set at TE) I might try and trade him C.J Fedorowicz and Robert Woods for Alshon

CJ is the only thing for Houston that Brock can't fuck up throwing to and Robert Woods as a semi decent replacement for Alshon.

It's either for Alshon or Jarvis Landry to try and shore up my WRs

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
ooo moved to community....interesting....

I think i'm going to win my week to a team I was expecting a loss to!

I did the Dez + Reed trade...(of course kelce goes off for his best game in a long long time the week i trade him but thats okay!) and they both scored ~20 pts. so the trade paid off so far!

I'm up 130 and opp has 103 with kyle rudolph to play

thought my rebound was going to start next week, but this trade seems to have upped it by a week!

gotta stream a QB next week, and theres very very little out there though...

Sweet, my waiver wire WR fill ins did great. Jordan Mathews, Devante Adams. Also considered Hogan, k.wright, humphries, and cordelle and they all would've worked out for the most part. Even my super sleeper Russell Shepard would've been decent.

Top Bottom