• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Jarnet87

I have Miller and Ertz as my tight ends in a league. Both now look to be dead. Time to play streaming the TE you think will get a goal line TD game

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
OK so more for planning ahead, I am in a 12 team league highly competitive etc etc.

I am like dead at RB coming soon. My RBs consist of James White, Christine Michael, TJ Yeldon and Knile Davis/Don Jackson.

Once Dion Lewis comes back, James White is done. Once Rawls comes back Michael is in a time share. I traded my Michael Crabtree for Carlos Hyde who is coming off of his injury next week.

I need to make pickups, my QB is Carr who is in week 10 bye pool - I can safely get rid of both Knile Davis and Don Jackson right? Montgomery is hurt but they are going to be non-factors... right!?

OK so more for planning ahead, I am in a 12 team league highly competitive etc etc.

I am like dead at RB coming soon. My RBs consist of James White, Christine Michael, TJ Yeldon and Knile Davis/Don Jackson.

Once Dion Lewis comes back, James White is done. Once Rawls comes back Michael is in a time share. I traded my Michael Crabtree for Carlos Hyde who is coming off of his injury next week.

I need to make pickups, my QB is Carr who is in week 10 bye pool - I can safely get rid of both Knile Davis and Don Jackson right? Montgomery is hurt but they are going to be non-factors... right!?
I'd say drop them both, starting with Don. If they did terrible in a week without Ty, no way they do any better when he's back (plus the whole Stark returning scenario)

I have Miller and Ertz as my tight ends in a league. Both now look to be dead. Time to play streaming the TE you think will get a goal line TD game

The Houston's TE seems worth looking into if he's available in your league. QB issues aside, he seems to get a lot of targets each week.

And since Carr blew up for my opponent this week, I hope Asiata scores more than 18 points today although I was expecting to lose this week regardless.

phanphare

Banned
if any of yall were wondering why hogan and powell had good games I dropped both of them this past week

you're welcome

also went against tom brady, gronk, and cooper in one of my leagues. good lord.

Yes.. who's available in your pool Welli? Also.. hold James White until the last possible moment because we don't know his health and (speaking from personal experience as a Browns fan) can find himself in the dog house with his fumbling issues.

I think you're safe to drop Knile and Jackson as well

The Houston's TE seems worth looking into if he's available in your league. QB issues aside, he seems to get a lot of targets each week.
If you don't have him, add C.J.. he's the only thing Brock can throw to without shitting the bed completely (poor Nuk).

At worst, he's a flex option.

Once Dion Lewis comes back, James White is done
The current Patriots offense has a ton of mouths to feed, it is difficult to trust the consistency of the pass catching back regardless of who it is. Brady threw 4 TDs to 4 different receivers this week + a Blount rushing TD. That production obviously isn't going to happen every week and White still got left out.

I'd pick up Lewis if he is available but I'm not expecting RB2 production or anything
Time to play streaming the TE you think will get a goal line TD game
It's not fun lol. I got lucky Brate snagged a late TD this week but I've been left out in the cold a few times this year.

I really hope the Ravens ironed some things out and Flacco healed up over the bye so we can get more production out of Pitta.

Yes.. who's available in your pool Welli? Also.. hold James White until the last possible moment because we don't know his health and (speaking from personal experience as a Browns fan) can find himself in the dog house with his fumbling issues.

If you don't have him, add C.J.. he's the only thing Brock can throw to without shitting the bed completely (poor Nuk).

Can't be worse than streaming TE's which I noticed is pretty much a crapshoot. While I don't have gronk, reed or olsen, i'm happy with Delanie Walker since he tends to put up ~7-10 points each week.

Joe

Does anyone know if NFL.com fantasy playoffs are the top 4 teams total or the top 2 teams of each division?

I can't find anything in the FAQ or the league settings about that. It's a 12-team league with two divisions of six teams each.

edit: Never mind, just found it. It's the top 2 of each division.

looks like Jacquizz Rodgers might be out multiple weeks due to a foot sprain. I wasn't expecting him to use him for rest of the season but he served me very well since all of the RB's I drafted have been put on IR or have been very bad. Thinking about dropping McKinnon for Barber since he hasn't really done much all season and i'm not expecting he will do anything for the rest of the season.

I hope Dion Lewis comes back as a beast to save me haha

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I'd say drop them both, starting with Don. If they did terrible in a week without Ty, no way they do any better when he's back (plus the whole Stark returning scenario)

This is a good point I didn't even think about, and of course checking the waiver wire the guy that had Starks finally dropped him. The guy that has Rawls also finally dropped him. I am dumping both Jackson and Davis for Rawls and Starks as they have way higher upside going forward than these two goons. It's FAAB so I am going to put some money behind the Rawls thing as the Seahawks have mentioned they want to get Rawls going as soon as he is back. Would be a great hedge against Michael losing his role.

Can't be worse than streaming TE's which I noticed is pretty much a crapshoot. While I don't have gronk, reed or olsen, i'm happy with Delanie Walker since he tends to put up ~7-10 points each week.
I hug my phone with Olsen's avatar every night..

looks like Jacquizz Rodgers might be out multiple weeks due to a foot sprain. I wasn't expecting him to use him for rest of the season but he served me very well since all of the RB's I drafted have been put on IR or have been very bad. Thinking about dropping McKinnon for Barber since he hasn't really done much all season and i'm not expecting he will do anything for the rest of the season.

I hope Dion Lewis comes back as a beast to save me haha
So glad I picked up Peyton Barber off the wire..

This is a good point I didn't even think about, and of course checking the waiver wire the guy that had Starks finally dropped him. The guy that has Rawls also finally dropped him. I am dumping both Jackson and Davis for Rawls and Starks as they have way higher upside going forward than these two goons. It's FAAB so I am going to put some money behind the Rawls thing as the Seahawks have mentioned they want to get Rawls going as soon as he is back. Would be a great hedge against Michael losing his role.
It's a good plan.. but I don't see Michael losing his spot.. he'll still get most of the carries and they will still be running the ball for the most part especially since Russell can't run as well as last year with his injuries.

speaking of kniles davis, jamal Charles is getting his knee checked out by a doctor.

I just hope info comes out fast so I know if I should cut my ties sooner rather than later.

What's the news with Martin? Outside of his setback, no one has heard anything.

they signed another RB(assuming due to Rodger's injury)

That is telling me if anything-that Martin is not anywhere close to being ready and if you have Martin and was counting on playing him soon that you should have a backup plan just in case

that's just my opinion though

Any suggestions for targets in a trade where I give CJ Fiedorowicz? I have Reed and they both have a bye this week. I would feel bad just dropping him since he's been doing well. There are 3 teams who could use a TE upgrade but their current guys all have a bye too and CJ wouldn't be too useful. I need an RB badly but would take a wide out. Our league doesn't allow TE in flex or i'd keep him.

Any suggestions for targets in a trade where I give CJ Fiedorowicz? I have Reed and they both have a bye this week. I would feel bad just dropping him since he's been doing well. There are 3 teams who could use a TE upgrade but their current guys all have a bye too and CJ wouldn't be too useful. I need an RB badly but would take a wide out. Our league doesn't allow TE in flex or i'd keep him.

Other then handcuff rbs, there's really no value for TEs outside of your top 5 TEs.

I'm trying to use him and Woods to land Alshon Jeffrey..

RB wise.. try packaging him with a WR to get an a decent RB? Otherwise, it will be hard to trade him straight up. Sucks your league doesn't let you flex TEs.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Went from losing big to being within 10 thanks to the Denver Defense and Jordan Matthews last night.

Need those 10 points from Kyle Rudolph tonight. Yahoo estimate has him at 10.29....

welp

I knew hoping Asiata getting 17+ points was a longshot but the Vikings look god awful. Obviously will be dropping Asiata this week(was just using him as week 1 filler) but probably will be dropping McKinnon too. This o-line is awful

Again, Why did I drop Howard? :(

At this rate, it's safe to players against MIN.

My rule of thumb, never drop a starting caliber rb. It can and definitely will bite you in the butt. Unless they got some weird RBBC thing going on like the raiders. RBs are a premium in fantasy. They go down easily but are very hard to replace. Don't let a couple of bad games discourage you.

I feel bad for you Gurley owners.

Tom Nook

My rule of thumb, never drop a starting caliber rb. It can and definitely will bite you in the butt. Unless they got some weird RBBC thing going on like the raiders. RBs are a premium in fantasy. They go down easily but are very hard to replace. Don't let a couple of bad games discourage you.

I feel bad for you Gurley owners.

Dropped him after the GB game. He's against MIN DEF, and with Carey and Langford into the mix after the bye week, it would be an easy decision to do it. Oh well :(

-SG

Needed 3 points coming into tonight with Patterson in. That last play put me ahead by 0.6. This is the greatest feeling ever.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Corey Coleman cleared for practice....oh praise to the browns? please save my WR spot as ODB isnt fulfilling his role.

J. Rodgers going down for a few weeks is gonna hurt for me since it doesnt seem like Martin is coming back this week.

Needed 3 points coming into tonight with Patterson in. That last play put me ahead by 0.6. This is the greatest feeling ever.

Oh man if i was playing you I would be so mad lol.

Even though I lost in one league I feel good picking up Tyreke Hill. Big yardage yesterday and my league uses punt return yards. Looking good for the future

Would you drop M Jones JR for T. Hill?
I have Jones in another league and he's a hit and miss.

For now yes I would. Hill's had back to back great weeks for fantasy. KC will probably be throwing it more since Spencer Ware has a concussion, Charles is still hurt and only healthy RB is C.West.

Knile Davis just got release from the Packers. :(

Rumors of McFadden being to traded..... to the Packers....
ayy lmao. I was wrong Davis, was sure he would take over eventually with Lacy and Starks out. Oh well.
speaking of kniles davis, jamal Charles is getting his knee checked out by a doctor.

I just hope info comes out fast so I know if I should cut my ties sooner rather than later.
I always assumed the KC was being overly cautious with him but it looks like they might have actually rushed him back.

I'm starting to fear they might just send him to IR :(

So Ryan Mathews may have lost his job.

Now to decide if I want anything to do with the Philly backfield...

Unless you're in a ppr league AND you get return points and have Sproles I probably would avoid it all together. They have a 3 man committee going on with Smallwood in the mix. And they use him on pass plays too so he steals from Sproles AND Matthews. You just don't know who to trust.

Jarnet87

Would have been nice if the Bears had been able to put together anything that looked close to a run game against the Packers last week, had no confidence in Howard last night. I did say in here after the Packers game that better days were ahead after the bye if he kept the starting job.

Should I target Donte Moncrief or Corey Coleman as my top waiver wire option? I have OBJ, Crabtree, Allen Robinson, Tyrell Williams and Kenny Britt right now. Plan on dropping Fitzpatrick since I streamed him this week and then Kenny Britt for the second slot.

Top Bottom