• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tom Nook

Should I target Donte Moncrief or Corey Coleman as my top waiver wire option? I have OBJ, Crabtree, Allen Robinson, Tyrell Williams and Kenny Britt right now. Plan on dropping Fitzpatrick since I streamed him this week and then Kenny Britt for the second slot.

I would go with Moncrief first then Coleman.

Tom Nook

Would have been nice if the Bears had been able to put together anything that looked close to a run game against the Packers last week, had no confidence in Howard last night. I did say in here after the Packers game that better days were ahead after the bye if he kept the starting job.

I know how it feels. :(

this week's waivers for me are going to be tricky

Probably will try and target

1) West
2) Jordan Howard (someone dropped him last week and no one picked him up-i'm hoping since it's bye week hell for some that I'll be able to get him)
3) Hightower(although I don't really want him)
4) Moncrief (I don't really need a WR right now but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have one on the bench in case if Brown, Hilton's injury is serious or Cooks get injured)
5) Coleman - same reason as above

Tom Nook

1) West
2) Jordan Howard (someone dropped him last week and no one picked him up-i'm hoping since it's bye week hell for some that I'll be able to get him)
4) Moncrief (I don't really need a WR right now but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have one on the bench in case if Brown, Hilton's injury is serious or Cooks get injured)

Personally I would try get Howard first, even he's on a bye.

1) West

2) Spend 100% of FAAB budget
4) Spend 40% of FAAB budget

But this week is gonna be hell. Probably only starting 1 RB in some leagues

our waiver system is reverts to inverse order (yeah I know FAAB is much better but it's a work league so it's semi-casual.)

I was thinking of going West since i'm 100% sure Rodgers will not be playing Thursday night and since I had such a bad draft. (I'm currently stashing Morris, Henry and Dion Lewis right now-leaving me with only Gilly. I'd rather shove my head up a rhinoceros's ass than to deal with the Shady might play/might not play bullshit that happened last week and the week before.

I'll probably try and target Howard though since i'm assuming West will be at best a one week fill in.

I'll be trying to drop Asiata for Howard and if i'm lucky will drop McKinnon for West. Yeah yeah Mckinnon is a starter and you shouldn't drop a starter but the Vikings o-line has been awful all season and i've been unsuccessful trying to trade him to other people in my league.

considering they resigned Mike James and the fact that they have been so silent about a timetable on when he may return is not a good sign

thats just what my gut feeling is telling me though

Just got offered Mike Evans for my Melvin Gordon. I'm jumping on it, I have Bell, Blount, and Hyde as my RB corps and I'm really lacking in consistent WRs (Hilton and Hopkins have been so inconsistent for me). Agree/disagree?

And yeah, I know my team is stacked. 2nd place in an 8 man league.

Tom Nook

Just got offered Mike Evans for my Melvin Gordon. I'm jumping on it, I have Bell, Blount, and Hyde as my RB corps and I'm really lacking in consistent WRs (Hilton and Hopkins have been so inconsistent for me). Agree/disagree?

And yeah, I know my team is stacked. 2nd place in an 8 man league.

Good deal.

Try selling Hopkins?

haha, someone in our work league is just calling it quits since she won't make the playoffs. She offered me anyone I wanted from her roster since i'm kind of borderline into making it in and not part of management. Assuming that the trade goes through, will be basically getting Matt Ryan and Jordan Reed for players that I was planning on dropping.

Sure it's collusion but hey i'm ok with it, haha

TylerD

Thanks to that Minn DST stinker last night I won my match up by 2 pts going in up 5. I thought I was done! I dropped Howard last week for Booker and I'm A-OK with that. RBs are Gordon, Hyde, Booker, and Ingram now. Feeling good about RB!

Props to Moncrief for besting Robinson's bench total and Cooper was a beast.

I'm going after Eifert with my 3 waiver priority and dropping Hunter Henry. I'll take that Barnidge floor for 1 more week and then pray for a fellow Tylers' health the rest of the season.

4-4 BABY YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Thanks to that Minn DST stinker last night I won my match up by 2 pts going in up 5. I thought I was done! I dropped Howard last week for Booker and I'm A-OK with that. RBs are Gordon, Hyde, Booker, and Ingram now. Feeling good about RB!

Props to Moncrief for besting Robinson's bench total and Cooper was a beast.

I'm going after Eifert with my 3 waiver priority and dropping Hunter Henry. I'll take that Barnidge floor for 1 more week and then pray for a fellow Tylers' health the rest of the season.

4-4 BABY YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!
How Eifert still available in any leagues is beyond me.....

phanphare

Banned
How Eifert still available in any leagues is beyond me.....

yeah someone in my league dropped him a few weeks back and I stashed him

paid off this week, good god. hoping he's going to be that involved every week and it wasn't just because norman was on green. either way he's a consistent red zone threat so it's all good.

Wads

Banned
Eifert is typically the 2nd option, and especially so this year with the loss of Jones and Sanu. He probably won't hit the targets and yardage he hit this week, but I'm guessing he is good for at least 10 most weeks. I would put him in the top 3 with Gronk and Olson.

(Full disclaimer- I am Bengals fan, but that doesn't influence my opionion)

Oh, and I am dancing that he is back - my first place team already had gronk and I drafted Eifert and we have a WR/TE flex. :)

Who would take this trade? H2H PPR.

Trade away:
Matt Ryan
Greg Olsen
Jay Ajayi

Gain:
Carson Wentz
Jordy Nelson
Rob Gronkowski

This would make Jameis Winston my starting QB. I'm flip flopping the pros and cons of this.

Trade away:
Matt Ryan
Greg Olsen
Jay Ajayi

Gain:
Carson Wentz
Jordy Nelson
Rob Gronkowski

This would make Jameis Winston my starting QB. I'm flip flopping the pros and cons of this.

I would pass. Wentz isn't even a serviceable backup because Winston has the potential to put up his garbage time stats. Wentz just doesn't throw it far enough to be productive. The QB swap is pointless.

Ajayi for Nelson? IDK. Ajayi has been great so far and if the Dolphins don't fall to far behind, he'll be putting up RB1/RB2 numbers. I think the Packers offense has way too many options for Nelson to be considered for RB for WR swap.

Don't even need to explain Gronk. Only drawback is that you'll have to do with a week loss of production since he's on bye this week. Would be a lot better if the Pats already had their bye since Olsen has already had his. That's just nitpicking tho.

All things considered, I would only do this trade if I'm set at RBs and have the depth to cover and need WR help. From a value standpoint, you're giving up more but you're getting back autostarts at TE and WR.

Try to sub Wentz out for someone else. He's trash. Just ride Winston because I really don't see a situation where you would start Wentz over him.

I would pass. Wentz isn't even a serviceable backup because Winston has the potential to put up his garbage time stats. Wentz just doesn't throw it far enough to be productive. The QB swap is pointless.

Ajayi for Nelson? IDK. Ajayi has been great so far and if the Dolphins don't fall to far behind, he'll be putting up RB1/RB2 numbers. I think the Packers offense has way too many options for Nelson to be considered for RB for WR swap.

Don't even need to explain Gronk. Only drawback is that you'll have to do with a week loss of production since he's on bye this week. Would be a lot better if the Pats already had their bye since Olsen has already had his. That's just nitpicking tho.

All things considered, I would only do this trade if I'm set at RBs and have the depth to cover and need WR help. From a value standpoint, you're giving up more but you're getting back autostarts at TE and WR.

Try to sub Wentz out for someone else. He's trash. Just ride Winston because I really don't see a situation where you would start Wentz over him.

How's your RBs?

WR: Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Marvin Jones Jr.
RB: Jay Ajayi, Matt Asiata, Bilal Powell, Duke Johnson, Lesean Mccoy, Rashad Jennings
TE:Greg Olsen, Jack Doyle

Yeah, thinking on it now, I'm pretty set on WR and would take a big hit on RBs with this trade.

WR: Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Marvin Jones Jr.
RB: Jay Ajayi, Matt Asiata, Bilal Powell, Duke Johnson, Lesean Mccoy, Rashad Jennings
TE:Greg Olsen, Jack Doyle

Yeah, thinking on it now, I'm pretty set on WR and would take a big hit on RBs with this trade.
LeSean is your bellcow.. I would do that trade only if I think he's not going to get hurt because if he does.. you will be in trouble

Wads

Banned

Trade away:
Matt Ryan
Greg Olsen
Jay Ajayi

Gain:
Carson Wentz
Jordy Nelson
Rob Gronkowski

Based on your roster, I'm not sure why you would do this. You take a major downgrade at QB and you basically don't have a RB2 without Ajayi just to upgrade at TE (from #2 TE to #1 TE) and you already have 3 serviceable WR.

If anything, I think you should stand pat or try to acquire a RB backup in case McCoy gets hurt or Ajayi flames out.

Cappa

Banned
Nelson was a great pick thank you.. hopefully his numbers continue to grow with Floyd being hurt.

Also Should I trade Jeremy Hill for Jarvis Landry? I'm trying to shore up my WRs (.5 PPR). The other team has Gio Bernard so I figure I can get this deal done my RBs are Gore and Michael and Peyton Barber. My other WRs are JJ Nelson, Amari, T.Y, and Robert Woods.

I would keep Jeremy Hill, Thomas Rawls will be back soon and were not sure how the Michael/Rawls situation will play out.

Also for everyone else if any of these guys are still available

Kapri Bibbs
JJ Nelson
Rob Kelley pick them up!!!!

My sleeper pick ups for this week are(only for 12-14 team leagues, PPR and/or deep benches):

Taylor Gabriel WR Falcons I really like the kids talent, Falcons are rolling right now, Julio is banged up and look at this juicy line up Week 9 Tampa Week 13 KC Week 14 LA Week 15 SF Week 16 CAR Week 17 NO

Tyreek Hill WR KC Im not a fan of KC offense, especially passing game but with Charles on IR, Wares status unknown, they may be forced to pass the ball more this week. Also, Tyreek Hill has been used on run plays a-la Ty Montgomery in Green Bay.. is a sneeky play this week.

Been dealing with injuries and streaming defense and just realized my league has a 25 move limit..dumb, I'm already cutting it close. Is this normal for leagues? I don't see why a limit is necessary.

Was able to pick up Hightower and Coleman on waivers but I need to cool it with the moves for now. Hopefully no more injuries.

Completed a trade for Alshon Jeffrey..I gave Robert Woods and C.J Fedorowicz for Alshon.

Been dealing with injuries and streaming defense and just realized my league has a 25 move limit..dumb, I'm already cutting it close. Is this normal for leagues? I don't see why a limit is necessary.

Was able to pick up Hightower and Coleman on waivers but I need to cool it with the moves for now. Hopefully no more injuries.
25 limit?

That's stupid as hell.. I've made 17 moves so far in one of my leagues. Another has made 43..

woodchuck

WTF guys, Jordan Howard is just chilling out in the FA list. Should i drop Ingram and snatch him up?

Yes absolutely.

I've been trying to get Corey Coleman forever in my league but the owner has held on to him steadfast. I think he could be a league winner.

Well, there goes my Jeremy Langford stash. Gonna drop him for the West sweepstakes.

WTF guys, Jordan Howard is just chilling out in the FA list. Should i drop Ingram and snatch him up?

Dropping Ingram would be madness, but you should definitely pick up Howard ASAP.

TylerD

I see all the responses... Who should I drop for him?

edit: QBs are Mariota and Rivers

QpiH7tV.jpg

Also this: "ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson reports Jordan Howard now has a "stranglehold" on Chicago's No. 1 running back job."

I see all the responses... Who should I drop for him?

edit: QBs are Mariota and Rivers

Either Mariota or Rivers. Or if you can deal without a TE this week, Barnidge. I think Howard is worth more than the 5 points or whatever that Barnidge will get you for this week while Eifert is on bye.

Also this: "ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson reports Jordan Howard now has a "stranglehold" on Chicago's No. 1 running back job."
Yep, time to dump Jeremy Langford then. You guys think he's still worth the stash?

Tom Nook

Wavier Wire:

Picked up Morris for insurance (Zeke owner). Maybe they'll rest Zeke and give Morris playing time against CLE.

Also, GB needs a RB so I picked up Starks - He is coming back next week.

WTF! Norv Turner resigns?

Will hold on to Diggs and see what happens.

Wavier Wire:

Picked up Morris for insurance (Zeke owner). Maybe they'll rest Zeke and give Morris playing time against CLE.

Also, GB needs a RB so I picked up Starks - He is coming back next week.

WTF! Norv Turner resigns?

Will hold on to Diggs and see what happens.
Speaking as a Browns fan.. I've seen some shit, I rarely turn off their games and watch them from start to finish when they are on..

Shurmur's coaching tenure was bad enough to make me turn off my tv..

Picked up Moncrief and Coleman. Now I need to drop someone to pick up a streaming TE for the week with Zach Miller out.

Is Jacquizz Rodgers safe to drop now? Other running backs are Theo Riddick, Booker, Ajayi, and Terrance West. I fear Doug Martin will be back by the time Rodgers is healthy.

Other option would be Tyrell Williams

PPR League

Surprising to see several people at the top of this page still high on Ingram. I have him in 2 leagues and he has been frustrating all year, and now all but assuredly will lose touches to Hightower.

Why do people still expect him to produce? I have him benched this week in one league and am hoping to bench him in the other (with byes my only other option is Gillislee and he is only useful if Shady is out).

Top Bottom