• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tom Nook

Is Jacquizz Rodgers safe to drop now? Other running backs are Theo Riddick, Booker, Ajayi, and Terrance West. I fear Doug Martin will be back by the time Rodgers is healthy.

I would say so BUT I would wait for some confirmation on Martin's status - possibility on Monday.

I fear what if Martin is on IR and Rodgers is back healthy.

phanphare

Banned
Antonio Brown for Ingram, Snead and M Thomas.

Yay or nay?

DCX

ehh, I wouldn't go for it

new orleans has so many mouths to feed through the passing game and there has been some noise about them utilizing the dreaded running back by committee hindering ingram's value. he was a rare bell cow back for a bit there but even then would get his goal line carries vultured by fucking kuhn, brees, and even fleener.

plus big ben could be back this week

DCX

DCX
ehh, I wouldn't go for it

new orleans has so many mouths to feed through the passing game and there has been some noise about them utilizing the dreaded running back by committee hindering ingram's value. he was a rare bell cow back for a bit there but even then would get his goal line carries vultured by fucking kuhn, brees, and even fleener.

plus big ben could be back this week
I would be getting Brown so I take this as good for me lol

DCX

Just texted my commissioner about raising the Move Limit to be higher than 25 because I had no idea that was even a setting. He said he can't because it adds strategy...well obviously it adds strategy if you know its a thing..so lame. They've been doing this league since 03 and this is my first time joining.

Cappa

Banned
Would any of you drop Hunter Henry for the following TEs:

Jack Doyle
Ledarius Green
Austin Hooper

absolutely not.

Just texted my commissioner about raising the Move Limit to be higher than 25 because I had no idea that was even a setting. He said he can't because it adds strategy...well obviously it adds strategy if you know its a thing..so lame. They've been doing this league since 03 and this is my first time joining.

It sucks, but its kind of your fault not looking at the leagues rules or asking the commish if there are any special rules you should know about. You cant complain in Week 9 about a rule lol

absolutely not.

It sucks, but its kind of your fault not looking at the leagues rules or asking the commish if there are any special rules you should know about. You cant complain in Week 9 about a rule lol

Sure I can! lol I get your point but I did ask about settings and he just gave me the usual 12 team PPR and positions as a response. I've been doing fantasy a while now and never had a limit so it's something that just never crossed my mind and didn't even notice when I looked at the settings. Maybe ill see if hes cool with taking a vote.

Edit: The limits being raised to 30..so I have 8 moves left for the season.. should be enough.

Ended up dropping Rodgers for Howard this morning. I think TB's schedule is much better later on in the season, but seeing as how quiet/very little information on when Doug Martin might return, I figured they'd take a similar approach with Rodgers.

I'll probably end up being wrong, but oh well.

Tom Nook

Ended up dropping Rodgers for Howard this morning. I think TB's schedule is much better later on in the season, but seeing as how quiet/very little information on when Doug Martin might return, I figured they'd take a similar approach with Rodgers.

I'll probably end up being wrong, but oh well.

Howard is better than Rodger, IMO.

Keep Rodgers on your watch list though. I'm expecting the worst for Martin :(

I would say so BUT I would wait for some confirmation on Martin's status - possibility on Monday.

I fear what if Martin is on IR and Rodgers is back healthy.

My fear as well since we went though this with Martin once before when he had a setback and they didn't announce it for another week. And without news, it is harder to make a decision on who to drop

kris.

Banned
need some advice pls

i'm in a standard 10-team league and have been interchanging Derek Carr and Matt Stafford at QB. this week, Carr's up against the Broncos which makes me nervous as all hell. Stafford's up against the Vikes D which makes me nervous as all hell. Foles is starting for my Chiefs against the Jags and is available in my league. should I drop one of these and pick up Foles as a flyer or start one of the guys I already have?

need some advice pls

i'm in a standard 10-team league and have been interchanging Derek Carr and Matt Stafford at QB. this week, Carr's up against the Broncos which makes me nervous as all hell. Stafford's up against the Vikes D which makes me nervous as all hell. Foles is starting for my Chiefs against the Jags and is available in my league. should I drop one of these and pick up Foles as a flyer or start one of the guys I already have?

Stick with both. Roll with either. Consider Carr since he's at home.

Howard is better than Rodger, IMO.

Keep Rodgers on your watch list though. I'm expecting the worst for Martin :(

Yeah i'm expecting something bad is happening with Martin (IR maybe?) but maybe i'm just overreacting.

and I wish the murray/zeke owner's in my league wanted their handcuffs since I have both of them riding my bench but I've tried multiple times trying to trade them to their owners only be declined every time, bleh.

theapg

Should I trade my AJ Green for his Gore and Cooks?

12 team standard

RB: L. Murray, I. Crowell, Powell
WR: Green, Fitzgerald, Moncrief, Crowder, Adams, Watkins, T. Benjamin, Fuller

I could probably also give up Adams and get Sproles back.

My RB situation after losing Jamaal is giving me a freakin' ulcer.

GrapeApes

Should I trade my AJ Green for his Gore and Cooks?

12 team standard

RB: L. Murray, I. Crowell, Powell
WR: Green, Fitzgerald, Moncrief, Crowder, Adams, Watkins, T. Benjamin, Fuller

I could probably also give up Adams and get Sproles back.

What does his lineup look like? He need to offer up a better RB.

UberTag

I have a team in a 16-team league that's a joke thanks to drafting Charles, Ware to back him up and DeAngelo to cover the weeks Charles was "supposed" to be inactive. I also had Woodhead (whoops) and Booker - although I dropped him before Anderson got hurt.

My starting running backs this week are Antone Smith and Terron Ward. I'd love to leverage Antonio Brown into someone decent - but there seems to be an interest in hording running backs instead. Selecting first overall was NOT good to me this year.

I have a team in a 16-team league that's a joke thanks to drafting Charles, Ware to back him up and DeAngelo to cover the weeks Charles was "supposed" to be inactive. I also had Woodhead (whoops) and Booker - although I dropped him before Anderson got hurt.

My starting running backs this week are Antone Smith and Terron Ward. I'd love to leverage Antonio Brown into someone decent - but there seems to be an interest in hording running backs instead. Selecting first overall was NOT good to me this year.
200w.gif

im sorry Uber.. that sucks. :( but because I am curious. What would you want for Antonio.. I don't know if I could afford him.. but what would you want?

Breesus Christ

Neo Member
Did I do good fantasy gaf? My league is full point ppr. My rb situation was

Theo riddick
Cj Anderson (done for the year)
Jacquizz Rodgers (injured this week)
Ty Montgomery (should be back hopefully)

Traded Dhop and tyrell Williams for booker?

Rb situation now

Devante booker
Theo riddick
Ty Montgomery
Jazquizz Rodgers
James starks (picked up off waivers)

I was able to get Hightower on FA this morning, which I'm taking as a coup. West went off the wire but I jumped on Hightower as soon as he cleared. Need him to fill in for DJ this week just in case Ware doesn't play. The only downside is that I am also starting Brees, Cooks, and Fleener, so I need the Saints to put up huge numbers this week. Haha.

Maxim726X

Okay, need advice. Getting this offer:

I get: Demarco Murray
They get: Odell

I'm really thinking about it, as much as I love OBJ... Murray seems like a more consistent performer.

woodchuck

I'm really thinking about it, as much as I love OBJ... Murray seems like a more consistent performer.

Trade advice needs to be taken in context. Who are your other wide receivers and running backs? Is it PPR?

If Derrick Henry didn't blow up and his health isn't starting to raise some question marks.. I would take the deal.

Those are the only two things that give me pause.. otherwise.. it seems fair to me.

Maxim726X

Trade advice needs to be taken in context. Who are your other wide receivers and running backs? Is it PPR?

Wide receiving core pretty strong... RB, not so much. It is half PPR:

WR: Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jordan Matthews, OBJ, Snead
RB: Hill, Ryan Matthews, Ajayi, Murray.

Besides what other people said about who else are your RBs and WRs. You should take into consideration that Murray has a bye week on week 13. That could be a make it or break it situation before the playoffs. OBJ already had his bye so you're losing a weeks worth of production.

Dropped McKinnon to pick up Antone Smith to start this week. I have a feeling i'm going to regret this (Thursday night game, RBBC, my bad luck) but oh well. Thought about starting McKinnon too but that Vikings offensive line is so bad that I don't even want to bother with it anymore (and yes i've tried trading McKinnon all season ever since AP went down but no one wants him)

Need to free up a roster spot. Which of these RBs should I drop?

- Matt Asiata. Is McKinnon still in the picture?
- Chris Ivory. Stillll waiting for him to wake up.
- Thomas Rawls. Stash that might be a dud if Michael holds the starter role.

Need to free up a roster spot. Which of these RBs should I drop?

- Matt Asiata. Is McKinnon still in the picture?
- Chris Ivory. Stillll waiting for him to wake up.
- Thomas Rawls. Stash that might be a dud if Michael holds the starter role.

Ivory. Jags are never gonna run. Rawls I would only cut before him if you desperately needed an RB in the next two weeks. Else Rawls has huge upside and Ivory has none

Ivory. Jags are never gonna run. Rawls I would only cut before him if you desperately needed an RB in the next two weeks. Else Rawls has huge upside and Ivory has none

What do you think about Asiata vs Ivory? Viking's offensive line is pretty dreadful and McKinnon seems more likely to cut into Asiata's workload than Yeldon does to Ivory, IMO.

What do you think about Asiata vs Ivory? Viking's offensive line is pretty dreadful and McKinnon seems more likely to cut into Asiata's workload than Yeldon does to Ivory, IMO.

I think Asiata is startable until Mckinnon is fully healthy and even then is a factor every week. He gets carries, he gets yards, he gets goaline work. Period.

Ivory hasn't seen more than 48 rushing yards in a game. The Jags are ALWAYS behind. I think both of them (Ivory and Yeldon) are outright droppable, but it really depends how desperate you are for an RB. Yeldon was alright as the only guy. Adding Ivory just splits a poor workload in half.

So I didn't listen to FantasyGAF last week, and started Russell Wilson, and lost.

I'm at the point where I'm contemplating dropping him. He's ruined me the last month.

Options, but the caveat is that I can only roster 1 QB and only pick up 1 QB.

Jameis Winston - Should have got him last week, but worry about no run-game making him one dimensional. Also, Thursday night game. Yuck.

Ben Roethlisberger - Questionable. Someone dropped him when he got hurt. MAYBE plays this week, but if he doesn't I get a zero. Also just had surgery.

Ryan Tannehill - I mean, yuck. But.. vs Jets?

Derek Carr - MONSTER game last week, but vs Denver this week + bye next week. Also: I'm a Raiders fan so I don't need double heartbreak this week..

Plus the usual assortment of bench QBs (Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Eli, etc).

HELP ME GAF. I will do as you command this time, I need a win to stay in the conversation!

So I didn't listen to FantasyGAF last week, and started Russell Wilson, and lost.

I'm at the point where I'm contemplating dropping him. He's ruined me the last month.

Same here. Aside from Mariota, the pickings are pretty slim for my league. Do I finally let go of Russ? Tough decision...I keep holding on to the belief he'll finally be 100% this week...

I think Asiata is startable until Mckinnon is fully healthy and even then is a factor every week. He gets carries, he gets yards, he gets goaline work. Period.

Ivory hasn't seen more than 48 rushing yards in a game. The Jags are ALWAYS behind. I think both of them (Ivory and Yeldon) are outright droppable, but it really depends how desperate you are for an RB. Yeldon was alright as the only guy. Adding Ivory just splits a poor workload in half.
All good points. Ended up dumping Ivory. Asiata probably doesn't have much longer on my bench either.

Same here. Aside from Mariota, the pickings are pretty slim for my league. Do I finally let go of Russ? Tough decision...I keep holding on to the belief he'll finally be 100% this week...

The one week I benched him was against the Jets in week 4 when he did good.

He's QB25 in my league.

I know if I drop him he'll do great from here on out, so maybe I should drop him so your team does better..

Hyde still in non contact jersey
Walker with groin injury
TY Hilton practicing but i'm assuming he still has some lingering hamstring issues from the game last week

this week sucks

Jameis Winston - Should have got him last week, but worry about no run-game making him one dimensional. Also, Thursday night game. Yuck.

Ben Roethlisberger - Questionable. Someone dropped him when he got hurt. MAYBE plays this week, but if he doesn't I get a zero. Also just had surgery.

Derek Carr - MONSTER game last week, but vs Denver this week + bye next week. Also: I'm a Raiders fan so I don't need double heartbreak this week..

Plus the usual assortment of bench QBs (Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Eli, etc).

HELP ME GAF. I will do as you command this time, I need a win to stay in the conversation!

It's risky, but Ed Bouchette just said on Twitter it appears like Ben will start this week...

So if you can only pick up one QB that means you'd have to have an empty slot next week if you picked up Carr? That's dumb

I might take the gamble with big Ben

Top Bottom