• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

So if you can only pick up one QB that means you'd have to have an empty slot next week if you picked up Carr? That's dumb

I might take the gamble with big Ben

I mean, I can drop Carr next week and get someone else.

This league limits the # of moves you can make per week (who knows why), and my bench is full, so I'd need to drop Wilson and pick up someone else this week.

Jameis just got snagged by someone else. Big Ben seems like the best pickup, especially for rest of season, but I'm 3-5 and in "win now" mode. My only issue would be if he's a surprise inactive on Sunday I'd be w/o a QB.

Ugh.

fep

Is DuJuan Harris the Niners back to own?

I'm still prospecting on Langford, he's the Bears best pass blocker and out of the bye I still see a chance of it going his way, but I'm considering dropping him for Harris.

looks like Hyde is out for this week

might end up playing Derrick Henry out of desperation since I don't have anyone to drop

Hopefully he'll have some touches but I'm not counting on it

Tom Nook

I mean, I can drop Carr next week and get someone else.

This league limits the # of moves you can make per week (who knows why), and my bench is full, so I'd need to drop Wilson and pick up someone else this week.

Jameis just got snagged by someone else. Big Ben seems like the best pickup, especially for rest of season, but I'm 3-5 and in "win now" mode. My only issue would be if he's a surprise inactive on Sunday I'd be w/o a QB.

Ugh.

Go with Big Ben. If he cannot play on Sunday, go to "Screw it" mode and switch to Kaep vs NO.

Cappa

Banned
Also for everyone else if any of these guys are still available

Kapri Bibbs
JJ Nelson
Rob Kelley pick them up!!!!

My sleeper pick ups for this week are(only for 12-14 team leagues, PPR and/or deep benches):

Taylor Gabriel WR Falcons I really like the kids talent, Falcons are rolling right now, Julio is banged up and look at this juicy line up Week 9 Tampa Week 13 KC Week 14 LA Week 15 SF Week 16 CAR Week 17 NO

Tyreek Hill WR KC Im not a fan of KC offense, especially passing game but with Charles on IR, Wares status unknown, they may be forced to pass the ball more this week. Also, Tyreek Hill has been used on run plays a-la Ty Montgomery in Green Bay.. is a sneeky play this week.

Hope you guys got Gabriel! I played Gabriel in two leagues(PPR) and got me 18.6 pts not bad for a deep sleeper pick!

I think Tyreek Hill will have similar success with Nick Foles at QB, rumors of Maclin benig banged up and Spencer Ware potentially missing the game.

I had Matt Bryant and my opponent had Peyton Barber as their flex. Up 16-9 so far, I'll take that from my kicker any day.

Need some help in this PPR league. I'm starting Ajayi and D Booker at RB with OBJ and Moncrief at WR. Need some flex recommendations, as I currently have Theo Riddick slotted in but that would leave Crabtree vs Denver, Terrance West, and Corey Coleman on the bench. Stick with Riddick or ride one of the other guys?

Cappa

Banned
I had Matt Bryant and my opponent had Peyton Barber as their flex. Up 16-9 so far, I'll take that from my kicker any day.

Need some help in this PPR league. I'm starting Ajayi and D Booker at RB with OBJ and Moncrief at WR. Need some flex recommendations, as I currently have Theo Riddick slotted in but that would leave Crabtree vs Denver, Terrance West, and Corey Coleman on the bench. Stick with Riddick or ride one of the other guys?

Riddick and its not even close.

fell into the hype and started Antone Smith

should have known better since it was a Thursday night game, but oh well. I kind of had to take a risk since I didn't have any startable running backs (Hyde's probably not playing this week and Rodgers is injured)

At least next week is looking a little better since i'm hoping Hyde is back and Dion Lewis should be playing(although I won't be starting him unless I absolutely have to)

Tom Nook

I would keep Jeremy Hill, Thomas Rawls will be back soon and were not sure how the Michael/Rawls situation will play out.

Also for everyone else if any of these guys are still available

Kapri Bibbs
JJ Nelson
Rob Kelley pick them up!!!!

My sleeper pick ups for this week are(only for 12-14 team leagues, PPR and/or deep benches):

Taylor Gabriel WR Falcons I really like the kids talent, Falcons are rolling right now, Julio is banged up and look at this juicy line up Week 9 Tampa Week 13 KC Week 14 LA Week 15 SF Week 16 CAR Week 17 NO

Tyreek Hill WR KC Im not a fan of KC offense, especially passing game but with Charles on IR, Wares status unknown, they may be forced to pass the ball more this week. Also, Tyreek Hill has been used on run plays a-la Ty Montgomery in Green Bay.. is a sneeky play this week.

Would T. Hill or JJ Nelson be an upgrade over M. Jones JR?
Thanks

UberTag

Would T. Hill or JJ Nelson be an upgrade over M. Jones JR?
Thanks
Hill? No. Nelson? On paper, he wouldn't be but I don't buy into the consensus rankings for the Cardinals right now.
I'd rather have Nelson over John Brown given their utilization the past 2-3 weeks. Wish I owned him in a league or two.

fell into the hype and started Antone Smith

should have known better since it was a Thursday night game, but oh well. I kind of had to take a risk since I didn't have any startable running backs (Hyde's probably not playing this week and Rodgers is injured)

At least next week is looking a little better since i'm hoping Hyde is back and Dion Lewis should be playing(although I won't be starting him unless I absolutely have to)
I picked up Barber and shoved him in my Flex.. he got me almost 6 so I'm not disappointed.

Hope you guys got Gabriel! I played Gabriel in two leagues(PPR) and got me 18.6 pts not bad for a deep sleeper pick!

I think Tyreek Hill will have similar success with Nick Foles at QB, rumors of Maclin benig banged up and Spencer Ware potentially missing the game.
I'm going to try and get Gabriel.. I doubt i get him though (I have Cam as my QB and I think I should drop Flacco. Is that wise? I don't like not have a backup stashed even if it's Flacco. The top one left on the wire is Fitzmagic)

But I have JJ Nelson and Tyreke Hill now.. maybe I can buy an ok running back off of someone in my 16 team league because I'll have have T.Y, Alshon and hopefully by next week Antonio Brown.

looks like Walker probably won't play and if he does might just be a decoy. Just going to take the loss this week since the person im playing against would have to massively fail for me to win(even if Walker was healthy) and don't want to drop Morris/Henry/Lewis for a TE that's on waivers.

Ware (KC) is out, West will get the majority of the work this week.

That was really lucky for me with David Johnson on bye.

2 out of these 3 who to start,
Jarvis Landry
Jordy Nelson
Latavis Murray

Non PPR

I'd go with Jordy, definitely. The matchup against Indy sounds like a shootout. Between Landry and Murray, I think both should have pretty productive days. Maybe go with Murray, since he's more of a touchdown threat.

Okay. Well, picked up Big Ben, kept Wilson and dropped a defensive player (we do IDP). Plan to play Ben, if he ends up not going I'll roll with Wilson on Monday.

Questions:

RB choices (pick 2):

Christine Michael (SEA) vs Buffalo
Tim Hightower (NO) vs San Franciso
Charcandrick West (KC) vs Jacksonville
Devontae Booker (DEN) vs Oakland

WR choices (pick 3):

Emmanuel Sanders (DEN) vs Oakland
Dez Bryant (DAL) vs Cleveland
Allen Robinson (JAC) vs Kansas City
Michael Crabtree (OAK) vs Denver

FLEX Choice (pick 1 from above who wasn't picked):

leaning Booker/West, Bryant/Sanders/Robinson, flex can't decide between Crabtree or Michael... and yes, I did not draft 1 of my RB's this year. Sigh.

Okay. Well, picked up Big Ben, kept Wilson and dropped a defensive player (we do IDP). Plan to play Ben, if he ends up not going I'll roll with Wilson on Monday.

Questions:

RB choices (pick 2):

Christine Michael (SEA) vs Buffalo
Tim Hightower (NO) vs San Franciso
Charcandrick West (KC) vs Jacksonville
Devontae Booker (DEN) vs Oakland

WR choices (pick 3):

Emmanuel Sanders (DEN) vs Oakland
Dez Bryant (DAL) vs Cleveland
Allen Robinson (JAC) vs Kansas City
Michael Crabtree (OAK) vs Denver

FLEX Choice (pick 1 from above who wasn't picked):

leaning Booker/West, Bryant/Sanders/Robinson, flex can't decide between Crabtree or Michael... and yes, I did not draft 1 of my RB's this year. Sigh.
For RBs.. I would say Michael and Booker

WRs Dez, Sanders, and Crabtree.

Your Flex.. I would say Charcandrick West..

A-Rob should not be in your lineup until Bortles shows he can be trusted and he hasn't.. garbage time or not.

Well that was quick. Bucs RB Antone Smith out for the season.

Praying on the altar of Jacquizz Rodgers and Doug Martin for one to re-emerge from the crypt.

natjjohn

He's not! They resigned Mike James. And he actually played a few snaps last night!

You may remember Mike James from previous fantasy experiences where he piled on the yards, got no touchdowns and then got hurt.

I remember this. Picked him up cheaply. Looked fantastic and like he would be a solid RB the rest of the year; instant ankle break or something like that.

I think that's the 5th player i've drafted/added to my team that has been put on IR(or out for the rest of the season)

rip antone smith hype train 11/3/16-11/3/16

Eddie Lacy, Charles Sims, Antone Smith, Kevin White, Jared Cook(he's pretty much been out the whole season)

while TB has a great playoff schedule, don't think i'll bother trying to play anymore RB's in TB. At least I got a great two weeks out of Rodgers

I got an illegal roster question for your guys. I had an illegal roster due to not having enough on my bench. Julio Jones was 'locked' due to playing last night with zero points. I updated my roster by adding someone to my bench around half time and my lineup was no loner illegal and Jones got his points.

My opponent was outraged that cbs allowed me to edit my lineup after the game had started (not actually put in someone or take someone out that was playing) .

What say you guys?

I saw this thread and it said making edits during Sunday is okay, you just can't remove the thursdsy play:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/164271-illegal-lineup-question-cbs-leagues/

I got an illegal roster question for your guys. I had an illegal roster due to not having enough on my bench. Julio Jones was 'locked' due to playing last night with zero points. I updated my roster by adding someone to my bench around half time and my lineup was no loner illegal and Jones got his points.

My opponent was outraged that cbs allowed me to edit my lineup after the game had started (not actually put in someone or take someone out that was playing) .

What say you guys?

I saw this thread and it said making edits during Sunday is okay, you just can't remove the thursdsy play:

That's weird. What does your bench have anything to do with what players you have playing?

anyway, I don't see a problem with it unless you somehow was able to replace a player playing on Thursday or something, which would be cheating. Other than that, don't see an issue.

That's weird. What does your bench have anything to do with what players you have playing?

anyway, I don't see a problem with it unless you somehow was able to replace a player playing on Thursday or something, which would be cheating. Other than that, don't see an issue.

It doesn't but anything that gives you a illegal roster, makes it zero points across the board until you fix it.

GrapeApes

What say you guys?

Good thing I don't play on CBS. This sounds pretty lame. Never heard of illegal lineups. Nothing wrong with what you did. The guy probably thought he had you on a technicality.

Pick 4: Dez, Robinson, Crabtree, Moncrief, Adams, Cooks

Currently sitting Robinson and Cooks.

Thanks.
Dez
Moncrief
Crabtree
Cooks

A-Rob needs to sit for obvious reasons...

I would sit Adams over Cooks because Brees is still the hot hand whereas it looks like it Green Bay still is trying to find its footing over all.

Both are fine with good matchups.. but I would pick Cooks.

Can there be one Thursday night game where I'm not getting destroyed so early in the week? This was kind of expected being up against Julio but still. At least I'm not down by 65 like someone else in my league right now.

Can there be one Thursday night game where I'm not getting destroyed so early in the week? This was kind of expected being up against Julio but still. At least I'm not down by 65 like someone else in my league right now.
I sent you a trade friend..

I'm sorry you are down.. but at least Biggie is losing (although to Pep.. oh god.. if pep somehow wins.. I'll die)

Top Bottom