• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DCX

DCX
QB Andrew Luck
RB Devontae Booker
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Charcandrick
RB DuJuan Harris
WR Ty Montgomery
RB Dion Lewis
WR Antonio Brown
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Tavon Austin
WR J.J. Nelson
WR DeSean Jackson
TE Dennis Pitta
TE Jordan Reed
K Justin Tucker
DST Minnesota Vikings

WR Taylor Gabriel, WR DeVante Parker, RB Derrick Henry available.

Should i stand pat or try to get one of the available players?

Jackson seems like an enigma and very fragile. I could see myself trying to get Gabriel. Luck on a bye next week so Pitta will be dropped for a QB in a streaming situation. Harris is insurance for Hyde as i don't think he is going to go.

DCX

QB Andrew Luck
RB Devontae Booker
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Charcandrick
RB DuJuan Harris
WR Ty Montgomery
RB Dion Lewis
WR Antonio Brown
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Tavon Austin
WR J.J. Nelson
WR DeSean Jackson
TE Dennis Pitta
TE Jordan Reed
K Justin Tucker
DST Minnesota Vikings

WR Taylor Gabriel, WR DeVante Parker, RB Derrick Henry available.

Should i stand pat or try to get one of the available players?

Jackson seems like an enigma and very fragile. I could see myself trying to get Gabriel. Luck on a bye next week so Pitta will be dropped for a QB in a streaming situation. Harris is insurance for Hyde as i don't think he is going to go.

DCX
Drop Dujuan and get Henry..

Demarco may have a health scare and Henry will come in and fill in and be capable and Dujan isn't as good

Gabriel when he was on the Browns was solid.. I think you should get him if you can

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Pick 4: Dez, Robinson, Crabtree, Moncrief, Adams, Cooks

Currently sitting Robinson and Cooks.

Thanks.
If I am sitting 2 in that whole group it is Crabtree and Robinson. Rob is obvious, Crabtree is playing Denver.

I want every bit of Adams and Moncrief as the Packers and Colts pass Ds are shakey then consider that Cobb and Hilton are banged up heading into the game. Dez is going against Cleveland, another must start. Saints are playing Niners. I think you would be nuts to go with any other lineup to be honest.

If I am sitting 2 in that whole group it is Crabtree and Robinson. Rob is obvious, Crabtree is playing Denver.

I want every bit of Adams and Moncrief as the Packers and Colts pass Ds are shakey then consider that Cobb and Hilton are banged up heading into the game. Dez is going against Cleveland, another must start. Saints are playing Niners. I think you would be nuts to go with any other lineup to be honest.

Rodgers and the Green Bay offense is still looking like they are finding themselves. I can see why you'd sit Crab though and that might be the better options and Carr and Crab has been excellent overall this season which is why I would think before I sit him even with the Denver D (Talib is out so that helps a little more with picking Crab)

Joe

Anyone want to take a crack at picking 3 of these five guys?

Allen Robinson - at Chiefs
Demaryius Thomas - at Raiders
Kelvin Benjamin - at Rams
Donte Moncrief - at Packers
Willie Snead - at 49ers

Right now I'm starting Thomas (because he's my most consistent WR), Snead and Robinson (because their opponents have given up a lot of pts to WR recently).

I think Thomas, Benjamin and Moncrief would have the most upside.

I wouldn't trust Robinson until he shows some consistency. That offense is completely dysfunctional.

cashman

Banned
Got offered Graham Cousins Enunwa and Crowell for Fleener and Luck?

I'm kind of leaning towards doing it because I have luck and carr who share bye weeks. Luck has an absolute killer match up this week tho and I'd need it to win.

I'm kind of leaning towards doing it because I have luck and carr who share bye weeks. Luck has an absolute killer match up this week tho and I'd need it to win.
That's a lot of depth there. I think I would take that too..

You should consider the players you'll have to drop as well. If they're potential RB1 handcuffs, then I would decline. If they're just scrubs, take it. Carr is just as good a Luck and has the better OLine anyway.

cashman

Banned
You should consider the players you'll have to drop as well. If they're potential RB1 handcuffs, then I would decline. If they're just scrubs, take it. Carr is just as good a Luck and has the better OLine anyway.
It would be thielen and prosise or Hightower for now. I think I can probably circle back to propose later on and just see how big of a role Hightower really has first.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Managed to steal Ajayi off the waiver and now I have the option to start him or Melvin Gordon.

Gordon's been a great safety net for me all year. I haven't seen Ajayi play yet so I'm not confident in his ability to maintain his hotstreak, but consecutive 200+ yard games can't be a fluke right?

I'm in my toughest matchup this week playing against the 2nd place team in my league and in danger of dropping out of the lead.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How. Just how. WTF is going on in some leagues?

It wasn't this week. I got him right after his first big game by bidding a dollar higher than the manager most likely to pick him up had (and he admitted he tried for him) but this is the first week I'll be able to start him against one of my other starters and there's no chance I'm going to start him over Zeke, so it's Melvin or Ajayi.

UberTag

How. Just how. WTF is going on in some leagues?
I would venture to say that fully half of fantasy leagues out there or more are filled with amateurs or non-invested players. Almost every league with no financial stakes is like this.

I mean, you could easily win a league that leaves Ajayi on the wire weeks after he breaks out and solidifies himself as an RB1/RB2 but there's little sense of accomplishment for doing so. That said, it sounds like LiQuid! just happened to win the RB lottery... but if you're in a league where you can only start 2 RBs weekly and you have three guys of that caliber, you really ought to be looking to trade one of them to shore up your depth elsewhere.

I would venture to say that fully half of fantasy leagues out there or more are filled with amateurs or non-invested players. Almost every league with no financial stakes is like this.

I mean, you could easily win a league that leaves Ajayi on the wire weeks after he breaks out and solidifies himself as an RB1/RB2 but there's little sense of accomplishment for doing so. That said, it sounds like LiQuid! just happened to win the RB lottery... but if you're in a league where you can only start 2 RBs weekly and you have three guys of that caliber, you really ought to be looking to trade one of them to shore up your depth elsewhere.
If only it were that easy Uber!!

I managed to get Jordy Nelson for Ajayi (I still have Ingram, Melvin, and Jordan Howard.. if Allen Robinson could contribute.. I'd be pretty set)

It wasn't this week. I got him right after his first big game by bidding a dollar higher than the manager most likely to pick him up had (and he admitted he tried for him) but this is the first week I'll be able to start him against one of my other starters and there's no chance I'm going to start him over Zeke, so it's Melvin or Ajayi.

Ahh ok. I thought you meant even after those two colossal games and Foster retiring someone dropped him anyway.

I got Antonio Brown for Cooper and Jeremy Hill.. I only have Frank Gore, Christine Michael, and Peyton Barber as my other RBs..

I'm trying to trade for an RB to shore that up

Should I try trading for Carlos Hyde? His health concerns me..

Now that Roethlesberger is playing I'm not sure who to start between him and Rivers. Still might go with Rivers since I'm not sure how well Roethlesberger will do.

Need to start 1 guy in a horrific matchup

Crabtree
Crowell
Pryor

Help
Several will disagree, but I would start Crab.. that Denver secondary has taken some knocks and are down Talib.. Harris and Roby are gonna have their work cut out for them and they have to work that much harder with how inconsistent that offense is for Denver.

fep

Now that Roethlesberger is playing I'm not sure who to start between him and Rivers. Still might go with Rivers since I'm not sure how well Roethlesberger will do.

Rivers. The Steelers/Ben seem to have a tough time against the Ravens AND he is playing off an injury.

Joe

NUhTZVY.jpg

S3YrZqh.jpg

Joe

Even though I have Le'Veon Bell I hope the Steelers continue to shit the bed because my opponent started Roethlisberger and he currently has 0.54 pts.

Edit: 27 yard pass the second I posted that. 1.62 pts now.

Edit2: touchdown :[

LiQuid!

Hurns putting up a fat egg putting me at risk.

t-ramp

Of course Hightower is getting all the touches while on my bench... should have read more into last week and chanced starting him over Ingram, I guess.

Edit: Although, maybe SF will let everyone on NO's offense have a productive day.

Edit 2: Yeah, I'm fine with how this is looking lol.

UberTag

Very happy with my team this week - especially considering I have AJ Green on bye and I benched Carr because of the Broncos matchup. Plus I successfully traded for Tyrell the Gazelle.

Big%20Fantasy%20Win.png

Top Bottom