• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tom Nook

I think I should diversify my team more...

WpyoyK4.png

NO vs Denver next week scaring me a lot lol

Against Niners? Put all your players against Niners. Everyone there gets points.

Hazelhurst

I picked Melvin Gordon in the 7th round of my big money league. I remember having second thoughts when I selected him. What a steal he turned out to be.

phanphare

Banned
so I was traveling and tired as fuck all day yesterday. didn't get a chance to see how everyone did until this morning.

21M4WKr.jpg

feels good man

Very happy with my team this week - especially considering I have AJ Green on bye and I benched Carr because of the Broncos matchup. Plus I successfully traded for Tyrell the Gazelle.

Big%20Fantasy%20Win.png
Well you had a solid weekend..

Dijon Mustard Harris destroyed me..

God does not want me to get in first place.. second time in 4 weeks..

Jarnet87

I am horrified at the thought of Melvin Gordon and Jay Ajayi being consensus first or second round picks next year if they keep performing. Would make me sick to my stomach drafting them that high

FF really annoys me sometimes. I make moves and have a solid week, yet I lose because my opponents players just go off. I have the third highest points scored but the most points against in my league. I'm at 4-5 sitting in 7th but could easily be 7-2 had my match-ups been different. I hate being unlucky lol

Tom Nook

FF really annoys me sometimes. I make moves and have a solid week, yet I lose because my opponents players just go off. I have the third highest points scored but the most points against in my league. I'm at 4-5 sitting in 7th but could easily be 7-2 had my match-ups been different. I hate being unlucky lol

I know the feeling. Off all weeks to go off, it just happens to face us. Lol.

I know the feeling. Off all weeks to go off, it just happens to face us. Lol.

Right! I went up against Witten this week and here's Yahoo's analysis:

“This was a shockingly productive game from Witten. The 100-yard game was his first since Week 17 of 2013, and he topped 130 yards for only the seventh time in his illustrious career. He also scored his second touchdown in as many games after scoring one touchdown total in 21 games before last week.”

I mean c'mon, first 100yd game since 2013? That plus Melvin Gordon going crazy is why I lost..even though 2 of his W/R had a combined 3 pts lol

TylerD

I was on the receiving end of the Jason Witten revival. Guy I played is a Cowboys homer and also played Prescott, Bailey, Beasley and Bryant against me.

Really thought I had a win this week going in to Sunday Night Football. Just needed 10.5 combined from Booker and Cooper...

I REALLY could have used that 32 pts by Ingram on the bench to go with Gordon's 35!

4-5 with my brutal bye weeks coming up.

Debating on dropping eagles defense for cardinals. I'm not a big fan of their rest of the season schedule but the last 2 weeks killed me. That and they play Atlanta this week isn't a good either

Jarnet87

Debating on dropping eagles defense for cardinals. I'm not a big fan of their rest of the season schedule but the last 2 weeks killed me. That and they play Atlanta this week isn't a good either

Cardinals at home against San Fran should be a good play next week. I'm holding on the the eagles D. They create turnovers and Have good special teams. They got me 4 points despite giving up a lot of points this weekend. But I also have a second defense to rotate, currently own the Ravens.

This is the first time I drafted Frank Gore. I have always been mystified by how Gore can continue to put up top 15-20 fantasy performances year after year and avoided drafting him.

Cardinals at home against San Fran should be a good play next week. I'm holding on the the eagles D. They create turnovers and Have good special teams. They got me 4 points despite giving up a lot of points this weekend. But I also have a second defense to rotate, currently own the Ravens.

This is the first time I drafted Frank Gore. I have always been mystified by how Gore can continue to put up top 15-20 fantasy performances year after year and avoided drafting him.

I think I might hold onto them(I was originally planning on picking up another defense regardless since they are planning Atlanta this week) but I don't feel as confident as it being a just set it and forget it defense for rest of the season. It really sucks because I was planning on picking up the Chiefs two weeks ago since I like their rest of the season schedule but someone else beat me to the punch, ugh.

I really hope Carlos Hyde plays this week although i'm not entirely excited in starting him versus the Cardinals since i'm definately not playing Dion Lewis against Seattle (and coming off a serious injury.)

Shizza

I took a gamble on Hightower getting a lot of touches this week after what happened last week, and it worked out pretty well. Ingram put up good numbers too, but that stemmed mostly from the LONG TD run.

I'm a little uncertain about next week though. Although the numbers were good, especially for a waiver wire pickup, they did come against SF (with the worst run defense). They got a pretty fair split from what I saw of the game, but will that amount to much against Denver next week?

mike6467

I'm ahead by 23 points and my opponent has Wilson and Christine Michael. I do not deserve to win this week with the scores my team put up (thanks Denver D!). Edit: Also, did anyone else get screwed by Green Bay putting Cobb in after halftime? Nobody in their right mind started him, I just watched.... "That can't be Cobb, that's...18....that's...WTF Green Bay!?"

With that said, looking at previous weeks and how Seattle's offense has played, I'm not entirely giving up hope.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am down 0.3 points, he is done, I have Christine Michael left. Should be fine but I am nervous because Seattle seems to really hate him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I can rest easy.

Wow.

Wins in both leagues this week. Riding a 5 game win streak in one, 4-1 in the same time span in the other. Boom!

Wow pulled off a win somehow.. 95-93. Praying for no stat corrections this week.

In our league we have a 0.13 and 0.22 win difference in two different games.. Insane.

phanphare

Banned
5 carries for Michael lol. Needed 9 and got 7 from Bills D and Michael, season officially over in that league.

them phasing out michael makes me hopeful that rawls will get most of the work when he's healthy. I've got them both and any kind of half/half split would be awful. just let one of them have all the work.

-SG

I hope Jizz Rod comes back this week but it's not looking good. Right now I've got 0 startable RBs unless DuJuan Harris starts against Arizona D which would still be pretty crappy. Should I go for Ivory, Morris, or Bibbs? Ugh.

It sounds like Bibbs will get more touches and he has an excellent matchup this week. He'd probably be the one I'd want to plug and play.

Ivory did just have a 100 yard game but it's difficult to trust moving forward, especially since the timeshare between him and Yeldon is inconsistent. Morris is a huge lottery ticket you should stash if you have an open spot but I wouldn't play him.

Tom Nook

I hope Jizz Rod comes back this week but it's not looking good. Right now I've got 0 startable RBs unless DuJuan Harris starts against Arizona D which would still be pretty crappy. Should I go for Ivory, Morris, or Bibbs? Ugh.

I would go with Bibbs also.

Bibbs vs NO.

Jarnet87

Kelley to be the lead back from what gruden is saying. If Jones is out again it provides come clarity, otherwise I fully expect Everyone to start Kelley and then Jones gets all the work lol. Minnesota D hasnt been nearly as scary since the Philly game.

Kelley to be the lead back from what gruden is saying. If Jones is out again it provides come clarity, otherwise I fully expect Everyone to start Kelley and then Jones gets all the work lol. Minnesota D hasnt been nearly as scary since the Philly game.

Philly D hasn't been the same since the Vikings game too

/sadpanda

Hope I get Cardinals that someone dropped due to their Bye. Hell no am i playing eagles against atlanta

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
5 carries for Michael lol. Needed 9 and got 7 from Bills D and Michael, season officially over in that league.

them phasing out michael makes me hopeful that rawls will get most of the work when he's healthy. I've got them both and any kind of half/half split would be awful. just let one of them have all the work.

It is honestly completely inexplicable. There were 8 total RB carries yesterday and 9 total RB touches. They literally just came out and abandoned the running game.

Pete Carroll is on record as having said that the offense doesn't work as well with C Michael in versus Rawls. I would have to believe based on recent events that Rawls will get his job back immediately upon returning and proving health. Last week, Michael had 10 carries. What did he had like 1 going into the half? When they gave him the ball to start the second half it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. I just don't get where the downside is with him.

Either way, soon as Rawls was dropped I picked him up in one league since I invested heavily in Michael during draft season. DEFINITELY have to stash him.

The other guy I picked up last week was James Starks, if he is out there he is a must add. Looks like he was already practicing last week.

yeah I snagged starks in both of my leagues

I am considering this as well, but I have Montgomery and he has done well with the touches he's been given. It will be interesting to see how many touches Starks would take from Montgomery, given how well Ty has played, and especially if he is out of the woods with the kidney/sickle cell thing.

Tom Nook

Wonder how many people aren't submitting waiver claims tonight because of other stuff going on lol

Yeah, managed to pick up JJ Nelson without having to burn my claim waiver.

All the top Picks are still up for grabs.

Hard to concentrate on Fantasy Football with the Elections and all.

only 2 people(including myself sent in waivers last night)

unfortunately I didn't get the cardinals so I ended up with the redskins..

and at least I can entertain(distract myself from reality) by watching dion lewis practice videos at work

and it looks like TB is relying on Mike James this week

not touching this backfield anymore with a 10 foot stick

(I drafted Sims, dropped Sims to pick up Rodgers, dropped Rodgers for Smith and dropped Smith for redskins defense)

I hope hyde or dion lewis play this week otherwise I might have to either start/drop Alfred Morris for Bibbs

Top Bottom