• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DKehoe

I picked up Gostkowski as he was free agent. I'm fairly new to the NFL but am I missing something here? I get that he isn't in the best form but was surprised to see him available. I have still kept Nick Novak who has been pretty consistent but am I ok to drop him now I have Gostkowski?

I picked up Gostkowski as he was free agent. I'm fairly new to the NFL but am I missing something here? I get that he isn't in the best form but was surprised to see him available. I have still kept Nick Novak who has been pretty consistent but am I ok to drop him now I have Gostkowski?

Don't worry about it too much. Kickers are about as hit or miss as they come.

Jarnet87

Pats were on a bye so most likely scenario was he didn't have anyone else to drop. And Gostkowski hasn't exactly been great this year. You should be fine with Gost though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
He has been pretty meh this year. Not really bad but not hitting the high expectations for his level of kicker. Though he should be fine though for rest of the year.

-SG

I've got Eagles D. Should I roll with them against ATL hoping for turnovers or pick up another team off waivers? These are my other options:
- Cowboys
- Dolphins
- Texans
- Redskins
- Bears

I've got Eagles D. Should I roll with them against ATL hoping for turnovers or pick up another team off waivers? These are my other options:
- Cowboys
- Dolphins
- Texans
- Redskins
- Bears

as someone who has the eagles defense on their bench, i think you'd have to have very big balls to play them against the falcons

I picked up the redskins-I have no confidence in their defense but the vikings offense is so bad that i'm taking the gamble

Corran Horn

- Cowboys
- Dolphins
- Texans
- Redskins
- Bears

Redskins should be a good stream this week.

I might be jumping off the philly D this week since the Chiefs are on waivers. If I dont get them then I just plan to holding onto Philly for rest of season but maybe bench them this week.

I have no hesitation playing Eagles DST this week. It's basically the best part of their football team right now.

Who gives a crap if Atlanta scores four touchdowns? Oh well, you miss out on the score for points against. But this team is just eating opponents alive with turnovers and sacks.

I understand the apprehension, and if you can find a defense with a great matchup, go for it. But I'm fine riding the Eagles this week
and praying they don't get to Freeman

Corran Horn

Need two from these

Nuk
DeVante Adams
Jordan Matthews

lol Kicker question but they're two high pt kickers

Bryant or Tucker

Nuk and Adams is who I would probably play. But I wouldnt be shocked if people said Adams and Matthews since Nuk has been god awful so far with Brock...I just hope after a bye week they set things straight.

Honestly throw a coin up in the air for the kicker...either one of them is good. Do you believe in thursday night fuckball enough to kick the game up? I maybe like Bryant more because I trust their offense more but then again that could lead to less Field Goals.

I have no hesitation playing Eagles DST this week. It's basically the best part of their football team right now.

Who gives a crap if Atlanta scores four touchdowns? Oh well, you miss out on the score for points against. But this team is just eating opponents alive with turnovers and sacks.

I understand the apprehension, and if you can find a defense with a great matchup, go for it. But I'm fine riding the Eagles this week

Yeah people seem to forget that Def in fantasy make their living off those sacks and turnovers. One of the reasons why the titans are decent because they get so many sacks per game.

I think next year, if I run a league again, I'm just gonna take PA out for DEF.

Corran Horn

Not saying they are bad, still maybe a top 5 defense this year fantasy wise...just a bad matchup this week.

Pick 2: Prosise, Harris, Ivory. FML.

DuJuan Harris baby!!! Good chance he starts again this week. It's the Cardinals, but hey, the Niners will be all offense and catchup again.

Ivory gets the Texans (ugh) and Yeldon is healthy. He would be the #2 choice but yeah, not exciting
You saw the Seahawks running game last week.

Soroc

Should I drop Peyton Barber and pick up Dixon tonight? PPR league and hurting for a RB2 or Flex. Have DJ going and only other option besides Barber is Duke Johnson which I'm not sure I trust with Kessler in there.

natjjohn

Is Crowell and Steve Smith Sr. a good start tonight? I'm questioning it....

I"m starting Steve SMith. Half point ppr.

Starting Pitta in another, but less confident about that one. Have no other options though.

Crowell I wouldn't feel good about at all, but he is a starting RB at least.

Someone ended up dropping Peyton Barber this morning

Now the decision to drop eagles defense or alfred morris to plug in and play Barber in hopes that Martin doesn't play this weekend

natjjohn

Pick 3 out of thsi group. ppr; but also .2points per carry

Dion Lewis
James Starks
Deandre Hopkins
Sterling Shephard
Michael Thomas
Tyrell Williams

Thinking Hopkins, Shephard, and Williams. Thomas has been so good though.

Was thinking wait and see approach for Lewis and Starks.

Corran Horn

Pick 3 out of thsi group. ppr; but also .2points per carry

Dion Lewis
James Starks
Deandre Hopkins
Sterling Shephard
Michael Thomas
Tyrell Williams

Thinking Hopkins, Shephard, and Williams. Thomas has been so good though.

Was thinking wait and see approach for Lewis and Starks.
Hopkins, Williams then a toss up between Thomas or Shepard. Thomas normally but he is going up against Denver and Cruz might not play for Giants which gets Shepard more targets.

DKehoe

Since Martin will be active this week should I consider swapping out Peyton Barber for Sterling Shepard? I do already have Eli and OBJ in the team so I'm wondering if this will make me too reliant on the Giants. Seems like it could be a big boom/bust strategy

gutshot

Help me pick an RB2 out of this group!

Hightower
D. Lewis
Ivory

Ingram is my RB1, so I'm hesitant to roll the dice on both him and Hightower producing again, even though it's a nice matchup. Lewis could explode, but he could also be worked into the offense very slowly and only get a handful of touches. Ivory seems like the highest floor but also the lowest ceiling. Tough one.

Striker

With Jets starting Petty, I have gotten cautious over starting Forte. LA will stack the box. T. Montgomery is my other option.

DKehoe

Since Martin will be active this week should I consider swapping out Peyton Barber for Sterling Shepard? I do already have Eli and OBJ in the team so I'm wondering if this will make me too reliant on the Giants. Seems like it could be a big boom/bust strategy

Just a follow up, another option I'm now looking at is DuJuan Harris. Anyone got a recommendation between those three I mentioned?

Jarnet87

Really wish Hogan hadn't been added to the injury list, couldn't take the chance on playing him without a replacement option. Kendall Wright got me the TD but I think Hogan has a good game against Seattle, think they will focus on trying to stop Gronk and Bennett.

Top Bottom