• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone listen to the ESPN Fantasy Focus Football podcast? I have listened to almost every show since the end of the 2011 season.

Anyway, they have a live show tomorrow in Philadelphia. I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested and in the area.

PF

1st: 1305 <- Me
2nd: 1273

PA

1st: 1318 <- Me
2nd: 1249

Record

1st: 9-1
9th: 4-6 <- Me

PF PA
1061.5 814 <----------- 1st Place

861 851 <------------- Me, currently 6th place @ 6/4

I'm considering myself out of the playoffs, since after this week I play the bell/zeke/gordon owner who started 0-5 and is now on a 5 game winning streak and my team overall isn't very good.

Seahawks released Christine Michael.

As a person that traded for Michael and didn't even use him, I am not surprised by this at all...

Seahawks have been saying all season that they are going to and sticking with Rawls when he's healthy. We all should've seen this a mile away lol.

fep

I almost feel bad for the guy I traded C Mike and John Brown to for ODB. It was the perfect storm of ODB on bye, him needing WRs, being a hawk's fan, and CMike's stock near its highest.

Jims

I've given up on Nuk. I started Tyreke Hill over him.
E:Shadow, Meredith going to get major action with Jeffrey getting busted

Yeah, if he can't do it against Jacksonville, why keep rolling him out. Ended up doing the deal and will just hope Jeremy Hill keeps getting into the end zone.

I wonder what happened with Christine Michael? The Seahawks always insisted they would go back to Rawls (and had a timeshare that one week) but Michael must've really been on the bubble the entire time to just not even let him hang on as #3. They must really like Alex Collins.

UberTag

I would like to see the owner who fielded Alshon Jeffery, Jay Cutler, Christine Michael, Jordan Howard, Sammie Coates, Rob Gronkowski and Blair Walsh last weekend and give him a hug.

Floy only fielded Jeffery and CMike so I will not offer to hug him. However, I would like to see him join the No Quitters cash league next season.

Have Pats D against SF but considering Seahawks (home) against Phi. Suggestions?

There's also Giants (v. Chi), Raiders (v.Hou) and Lions (v. Jax) and Titans (@.IND).

Looking for the Homerun play lol

I'm the one with Alshon :/. Dropping him because I'm probably not making the playoffs and rather try to win now.
Should have taken my offer when you had the chance..

I would like to see the owner who fielded Alshon Jeffery, Jay Cutler, Christine Michael, Jordan Howard, Sammie Coates, Rob Gronkowski and Blair Walsh last weekend and give him a hug.

Floy only fielded Jeffery and CMike so I will not offer to hug him. However, I would like to see him join the No Quitters cash league next season.
I love that you are now calling me floy now..

But can I have a hug because my only RB is Frank Gore.. and I have to do some bullshit to dig myself out?

Also.. that seems like fun.. let me get through this season first.. I am a poor person after all..

fep

Thoughts on Eddie Royal?

I know Cutler isn't exactly lighting up the stat sheet, but I feel like chemistry + experience might give Royal the nod over Meredith for fantasy points and he should be healthy coming into this Sunday.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Thoughts on Eddie Royal?

I know Cutler isn't exactly lighting up the stat sheet, but I feel like chemistry + experience might give Royal the nod over Meredith for fantasy points and he should be healthy coming into this Sunday.
When has Royal ever met these expectations? The guys ceiling will always be WR3 and the Bears suck too much to make WR2 viable, let alone WR3.

Gonna drop Corey Coleman, but do I pick him up for Eli Rogers or Tyreek Hill?
I'd pick up Hill because there's too many mouths to feed on Pittsburgh.. between Le'Veon, Antonio, Jesse James, and Sammie Coates..

That's a lot of mouths to feed..

Hill, Maclin is still out I believe.
Maclin is back this week I think.. but I would take Hill because the KC offense is shorthanded and Hill is good enough to get some more time.

wbsmcs

What are your guys thinking on Watkins? 2 games up on last playoff spot, but no where close to securing a first round bye.

Would have to drop Peyton Barber (Martin handcuff), James Starks, or Maclin

Worth it?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
What are your guys thinking on Watkins? 2 games up on last playoff spot, but no where close to securing a first round bye.

Worth it?
Watkins is a good stash. Drop probably barber since his value will diminish with Martin back and maybe Sims coming back from IR (if not maybe Rodgers comes back). Could drop Maclin but I have a soft spot for WRs that produced in past years...

phanphare

Banned

Worth it?

personally I'd stash him to prevent someone else from getting him but I'm pretty risk averse as far as fantasy goes so I doubt I'd be able to stomach starting him even if he comes out and produces. it's crunch time so personally I'd rather roll with a safer option. but playing keep away from the other owners in your league is a sound strategy imo if you have a roster spot to burn.

deadeye

Stuck on a tough decision. Not sure what to do. Need some advice GAF.

This is my current team.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_16_at_1_34_57_PM.png

I am 6-4 in 2nd place. Actually, 4 teams are 6-4 right now. 3 more weeks till the playoffs. Someone just offered me this trade.

Gio Bernard, Jarvis Landry, Gronkowski
for
AJ Green and Jimmy Graham

Gronk is the best TE, but my current TE's are decent enough. I don't want to let go of AJ Green, but he has some pretty tough matchups down the stretch. Just wondering what yawl think about it. Would anyone of you do it?

Thanks for the help.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

This is my current team.

I am 6-4 in 2nd place. Actually, 4 teams are 6-4 right now. 3 more weeks till the playoffs. Someone just offered me this trade.

for

Gronk is the best TE, but my current TE's are decent enough. I don't want to let go of AJ Green, but he has some pretty tough matchups down the stretch. Just wondering what yawl think about it. Would anyone of you do it?

Thanks for the help.
Is it PPR?

This is my current team.

for

Thanks for the help.

Not a chance unless this is 1 point PPR

- You have to give up a bench slot for Gio
- You have to home Gronk is better soon
- AJ is way better than Landry

Tom Nook

This is my current team.

for

Thanks for the help.

No, I would not give up AJ. AJ is WR1.

I have both Landry and Diggs, you do not want that stress choosing between Landry and Diggs every week.

defyao1r.png

I'm not starting Baltimore D against Dallas. Which of these should would you pick up?

Also, Snead, Woods, or Rishard Matthews as flex?

I'm going up against a Bell-Zeke combo and not too confident...especially when my RBs are Stewart and Hightower.

Tom Nook

defyao1r.png

I'm not starting Baltimore D against Dallas. Which of these should would you pick up?

Also, Snead, Woods, or Rishard Matthews as flex?

I'm going up against a Bell-Zeke combo and not too confident...especially when my RBs are Stewart and Hightower.

OAK DEF vs Hou

Matthews

Yikes at the Bell-Zeke combo. Both RBs playing Thursday? Oh boy....

deadeye

Is it PPR?

Not a chance unless this is 1 point PPR

- You have to give up a bench slot for Gio
- You have to home Gronk is better soon
- AJ is way better than Landry

No, I would not give up AJ. AJ is WR1.

I have both Landry and Diggs, you do not want that stress choosing between Landry and Diggs every week.

Yes, this a 1 point PPR, but I am going to decline it, because of the exact reasons each one of you suggested.

Thanks for the help guys.

OAK DEF vs Hou

Matthews

Yikes at the Bell-Zeke combo. Both RBs playing Thursday? Oh boy....

I know -__-

My only other RB is Chris Thompson.

I have 6 WR's - OBJ , Cooper, Matthews, Snead, Woods, Coleman and NO ONE was accepting any trades or even counter offering. And now the trade deadline has passed. I got one offer but it was Desean Jackson and Ryan Matthews for Cooper and I didn't think that was worth it. So frustrating.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
havent popped in here for awhile. I think the last time I posted I was 3-4 and was talking about trades.

Since then I've pretty much sold away my entire draft next year of my keeper league....and have acquired:

Dez Bryant, Jordan Reed, Frank Gore, Tyrell Williams, and TY Hilton.

My squad now looks like this:

Marcus Mariota (maybe keep for 16th round pick)
AB
Dez Bryant
TY Hilton
Demarco Murray ( keeping for 4th round pick)
McCoy
Jordan Reed
Flex: Frank Gore

Bench:
Tyrell Williams (maybe keep for 16th round pick)
Corey Coleman ( keeping for 7th round pick)
Gio Bernard
Bilal Powell ( keeping for 10th as of now)
CJ Fiedorowicz
Gillislee

My first pick next year will be in the 5th round of the draft.

Before the trades went through I lost one and went 3-5. said fuck it, because I was the far superior team in my division and was just the unlucky person with the most points against ( and near the top with pts for...

so decided to go all in and not sell off any of my players to better my draft next year and try to win out the season essentially...(incredibly dumb. but I wait all year to play FF so im here to play and not give up.)

won my last two, so now i'm 5-5. Half the league is 5-5. One team is 6-4, two are 7-3, the rest have losing records..... I'm playing the first place team this week... Division games start next week. I just need to keep winning. I think I can. my hardest week will be week 13 when Mariota and Murray are on their bye. Dont know how I'm going to pull off a win when the best option for qb is Alex Smith...That said I think I can do it. just gotta take it 1 week at a time. the team in 2nd place in the league has the 3rd lowest pts for...He's the guy standing in my way of winning my division. I play him week 12. He's been the luckiest bastard this year. I need him to lose 2 ( one to me) in order for me to beat him with a tie breaker stat.

four weeks till playoffs

Hope everyone else is doing well in their leagues and are enjoying the end of the FF season - good luck

Tom Nook

I know -__-

My only other RB is Chris Thompson.

I have 6 WR's - OBJ , Cooper, Matthews, Snead, Woods, Coleman and NO ONE was accepting any trades or even counter offering. And now the trade deadline has passed. I got one offer but it was Desean Jackson and Ryan Matthews for Cooper and I didn't think that was worth it. So frustrating.

You can drop Coleman. What is the RB FA look like?

I have an interesting dilemma.

Drop Julian Edelman, DeAngelo Williams (Bell owner) or go without a defense this week?

- Standard scoring, 2RB/2WR/1Flex
- Edelman and Sanders are my bench WRs
- Playoffs likely but not a lock

I have a feeling the playoff teams would buy Edelman off waivers, but the keeper guys playing for next year would take Williams (by way of a dirt cheap keeper cost)

Drop Julian Edelman, DeAngelo Williams (Bell owner) or go without a defense this week?

I have a feeling the playoff teams would buy Edelman off waivers, but the keeper guys playing for next year would take Williams (by way of a dirt cheap keeper cost)

If you're in the think of the playoff hunt you might need every point you can get. If there are any halfway decent D/STs out there (Miami, NYG, maybe even PIT since they are against CLE) I would snag one up and drop D Will. He's a backup and though Bell gets hurt often he isn't now and there is no guarantee he will be next season, which renders Williams pretty much useless to the point where I don't think he'd be worth a keeper spot.

deadeye

You should just go ahead and drop DeAngelo. He served his purpose while Bell was suspended. Plus, he just had knee surgery and is going to be out for about a month.

Thanks guys. I'm still nervous about it but I dropped DWill...for the Steelers. I know they aren't a great D but goddamn there's gotta be a way to get takeaways and scores against the Browns. Only other options are Philly (disarray, Seahawks) or Dallas (milquetoast)

I'm a bit scared of the Eagles defense this week because they're playing at Seattle but I thought when they played Atlanta last week it'd be a total crapshoot.

Oh well, crazy things can happen and it'll probably come back to bite me in the ass when I roll them out this week(no good options on the WW)

Top Bottom