• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

theapg

Damn, AJ Green injury really stings. The real bummer is that I had a Gore and Cooks for Green offer on the table for a few weeks that I couldn't pull the trigger on.

With Alshon suspended for the next few weeks, I picked up Rishard Matthews and Taylor Gabriel. Good acquisitions?

Yeah, especially Matthews. He's been killing it recently with Mariota picking up steam, and should definitely help a bit with the lost production from AJ being gone

deadeye

I'm down 13 points in one league. I got Lamar Miller going tonight, but my opponent has Amari Copper. I believe!! It can be done. Playoff hopes are on the line.

Jarnet87

I'm down 13 points in one league. I got Lamar Miller going tonight, but my opponent has Amari Copper. I believe!! It can be done. Playoff hopes are on the line.

You are already dead, I think you would lose even if he was up 13 with no one left. I kept telling myself the yardage is there and the touchdowns will come, but Lamar has been bad largely due to the black hole that is Brock

Jarnet87

Own Luck and Gore, well fuck lol.

And my backup QB option is Winston against Seattle. Guess I am keeping Steelers D for another week.

NYR

Week 12 WR Advice, Pick 3 - listing all even though the top 2 are obvious, really having an issue who to go with as WR3, Marshall has really let me down this season, should I stick with him?

D. Bryant Dal - Thu 2:30 pm vs Was

D. Thomas Den - Sun 6:30 pm vs KC

B. Marshall NYJ - Sun 2:25 pm vs NE

J. Edelman NE - Sun 2:25 pm @ NYJ

T. Pryor Sr. Cle - Sun 11:00 am vs NYG

UberTag

Derek Carr did good work for me tonight. Carried me to unlikely wins in my two cash leagues.
Can't believe I managed to win my match-up in the league where I lost Green for the season and had Ingram concussed.

hermit7

Dude offered me rob gronkowski for brandin cooks straight up. This feels like a snap accept right?

I have Mike Evans, Tyrell Williams and donte Moncreif so I am not worried too much about my WRs

woodchuck

Dude offered me rob gronkowski for brandin cooks straight up. This feels like a snap accept right?

I have Mike Evans, Tyrell Williams and donte Moncreif so I am not worried too much about my WRs

Before you accept it, just be sure to check out any updates on his injury.

Hoo boy. As a Cooks owner I'd be all over that. He's way too inconsistent. Saints WRs are like New England RBs, they can win you your week or go completely silent.

I don't own Luck and I'm not even playing against him and his injury still figures to screw me. You have to figure Hilton and Gore get a downgrade (though I still think Gore gets his). Plus I have Big Ben and was banking on a shootout. Without Luck it will probably be the Le'Veon Bell show on Turkey Night.

Oh well, at least I snagged Mariota and can use him this week. Feels weird starting him in front of Ben though, especially with his hot streak (it has to end sometime)...

NateDrake

Who do I start this week? I really need a win this week to keep my playoff hopes alive.

gn0vvYU.png

Joe

Can anyone recommend a Defense to stock up on for the rest of the season?

It's a tight playoff race and I'm thinking about carrying two Defenses to help me out and obstruct everyone else.

So far, leaning towards Buffalo.

It's a tight playoff race and I'm thinking about carrying two Defenses to help me out and obstruct everyone else.

Yeah, I was thinking of snagging the Bills for a backup D/ST as well. Another decent choice would be the Giants, especially this week (vs the Browns). They have been doing pretty well, and more so recently.

i'm dropping the Eagles and picking up buffalo tomorrow as well

The only thing I don't like in their rest of season schedule is next weeks match against the raiders as I remember they were like 5-0 or something like that in away games earlier on in the season

NYR

Week 12 WR Advice, Pick 3 - listing all even though the top 2 are obvious, really having an issue who to go with as WR3, Marshall has really let me down this season, should I stick with him?

D. Bryant Dal - Thu 2:30 pm vs Was

D. Thomas Den - Sun 6:30 pm vs KC

B. Marshall NYJ - Sun 2:25 pm vs NE

J. Edelman NE - Sun 2:25 pm @ NYJ

T. Pryor Sr. Cle - Sun 11:00 am vs NYG
Anyone?

Yes, the Bills are a good stash. They get both the Jets and Browns during the playoffs.

sent out a bunch of trade offers to try and possibly unload jordan howard and or delanie walker

guess im rolling with both of them for rest of the season, bleh

Tom Nook

Didn't get NYG DEF or TEN DEF on waivers. :(

Hoping to get either one of them. Now I'm left playing D Martin vs SEA and SEA DEF.

Maybe I should switch out Martin with Starks or Smallwood.

Didn't get NYG DEF or TEN DEF on waivers. :(

Hoping to get either one of them. Now I'm left playing D Martin vs SEA and SEA DEF.

Maybe I should switch out Martin with Starks or Smallwood.
I must be missing something, but what's the big deal with starting a player that's playing your DEF? Points isn't nearly the only thing that affects their score, so you could easily have a good performance from both. My last example was AR15 vs the Chiefs: AR got 17 and the Chiefs got 11

Tom Nook

I must be missing something, but what's the big deal with starting a player that's playing your DEF? Points isn't nearly the only thing that affects their score, so you could easily have a good performance from both. My last example was AR15 vs the Chiefs: AR got 17 and the Chiefs got 11

True that both can have good performances (Martin runs 100yds+, a couple of RECs, Hawks pick 6, etc). I'm afraid of plays like Martin fumbles and Hawks recovered, the points cancels each other out.

Tom Nook

Anyone taking a gamble and using either Gore or Dalton this week? I may force to use both.

I'll be fine with Gore vs PIT.

For Dalton, I would find someone else.

Diggs hasn't been practicing so far this week and Vikings play Thursday....

I guess I'll start Landry.

True that both can have good performances (Martin runs 100yds+, a couple of RECs, Hawks pick 6, etc). I'm afraid of plays like Martin fumbles and Hawks recovered, the points cancels each other out.
So you don't get points for fumbles (or lose them from your RB, which is a plus to me): there are still INT's, pick 6's, sacks, and special teams. That's not a good enough reason to bench a top 3 defense... Maybe if it was a streaming team, but with that logic you pretty much couldn't own any players from any division your DEF is in (Hyde, Kaep, DJ, Fitz, Gurley, etc.), since you'd be benching your DEF for another two weeks because of it

Joe

Yeah, I was thinking of snagging the Bills for a backup D/ST as well. Another decent choice would be the Giants, especially this week (vs the Browns). They have been doing pretty well, and more so recently.

i'm dropping the Eagles and picking up buffalo tomorrow as well

The only thing I don't like in their rest of season schedule is next weeks match against the raiders as I remember they were like 5-0 or something like that in away games earlier on in the season

Yes, the Bills are a good stash. They get both the Jets and Browns during the playoffs.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you! Bills are stashed.

trade deadline passed

no trades accepted sad face

at least I was able to pick up Watkins off of FA (although I kind of didn't want him since I already have 3WR's-Brown,Hilton and Cooks but I don't want him to boom for someone else, haha)

still kinda bummed I have to roll with Jordan Howard, Carlos Hyde for the rest of the season for the most part. Kind of hoping Dion Lewis has a more predominant role in the NE's offense

Top Bottom