• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Holy hell, if he comes back by next week and even plays close to his ceiling, he'll be the waiver wire pickup of the year. I'm just hoping he's back to normal by week 14

Holy hell, if he comes back by next week and even plays close to his ceiling, he'll be the waiver wire pickup of the year. I'm just hoping he's back to normal by week 14
I just picked him up in one of my leagues..

If he's back to 100%.. I'll have him, Jordy, and Allen Robinson whose finally looking like he's getting his shit together..

Everything might be coming up Milhouse..

Drop Cole Beasley for Watkins? I'm leaning yes.

Beasley is pretty consistent but he's my #4 WR and I don't play him since my bye weeks are over with. He's basically just an insurance policy against an injury.

Need to choose two WR
Nuk
Tyreke Hill
Jordan Matthews or
Tyler Boyd

Two RB
Gore, R.Kelley or Ware

And another league Matty Ice or Captain Kirk?

Jarnet87

considering the bucs are playing the hawks at sea, i'd play cook but it's kind of a tossup since I remember reading somewhere that everyone will rush to add cook this week and be severely disappointed

and the news about watkins supposedly being at 100% is kind of exciting

Drop Cole Beasley for Watkins? I'm leaning yes.

Beasley is pretty consistent but he's my #4 WR and I don't play him since my bye weeks are over with. He's basically just an insurance policy against an injury.

Yeah Cook probably has more upside then Brate, but I do like Brate if Sherman is shadowing Evans all game. I actually think one of Humphries or Cecil Shorts are going to have a solid game as Jameis will have to throw it to someone. And good teams have been able to pull away from the Bucs so we could see junk time. I think you are okay dropping Beasley since you don't play him, but know some team will definitely pick him up and he could be a solid flex option for that team, maybe even WR2 if it's a deep PPR league.

I just hope Watkins can play next week. It would be so tough to start him week 1 of the playoffs if he doesn't go week 13.

Need to choose two WR
Nuk
Tyreke Hill
Jordan Matthews or
Tyler Boyd

Two RB
Gore, R.Kelley or Ware

And another league Matty Ice or Captain Kirk?

At WR I would go Jordan Matthews and Hopkins (yuck). Sand Diego are giving up the 4th most yards to opposing receivers per a stat I saw on ESPN. Tyler Boyd would probably be 3, maybe even 2 if you aren't too afraid of Baltimore D. Dalton will have to throw to someone, I imagine it will be a lot of Eifert targets and Boyd could get the 2nd most looks. Tyreke Hill last because it's at Denver.

At RB 1. Ware 2. Kelley 3. Gore. I have Ware at 1 because the game flow doesn't matter as much for him. If the Chiefs are getting blown out he will still be in there getting dump offs from captain checkdown. Kelley and Gore are so scary because of game flow. I have Kelley at 2 because Cousins over Tolzien.

Kirk Cousins has been hot lately and the stats show Arizona as the tougher fantasy D to go against. It's a toss up for me as it's Ryan at home coming off a bye and Arizona are unraveling.

Jarnet87

In my main league I snapped up all my running back handcuffs. Grabbed Alfred Morris, Matt Jones (if he can even be considered a handcuff anymore), and Robert Turbin. Turbin and Jones are awful but I would Imagine they are the next guy up if anything happens. I had to drop Kendall Wright, Chris Hogan, and an empty spot that was Zack Miller. It leaves me super thin at WR with Britt at my 2 and hoping Watkins makes it back next week. Hogan was the only guy I did not want to lose but he has been hurt and it's hard to predict when he will get more then 1 or 2 targets.

Defense Q: Steelers D over Baltimore D right? I like Baltimore this week but with Tolzien in and the Colts giving the most sacks per game I have to start them again.

CatBert

Neo Member
Help with RBs please?

Can start 2: DeMarco Murray, Devonta Freeman, Rob Kelley

Right now I have Murray and Kelley starting, but it's killing me having Freeman benched. I missed the 31 Kelley points last week so I want to cash in this week, but I'm worried he might bust and I'll have so many regrets. What do??

GrapeApes

Are TY Hilton's and Moncrief's fantasy values completely shot because of Luck being out?
Yeah had to sit Moncrief for Tyrell Williams for a flex. Hilton you can probably start. Moncrief gets a big downgrade for me. He's too touchdown dependent for me to feel comfortable with starting him.

Defense Q: Steelers D over Baltimore D right? I like Baltimore this week but with Tolzien in and the Colts giving the most sacks per game I have to start them again.

Absolutely. Your basement is like 5 points, but the ceiling for the Steelers is monstrous. Another 22 point (standard scoring) defense week is absolutely a possibility. They had 8 sacks, several turnovers and a TD against the Browns, and that was with Kessler/McCown. Tolzien is going in basically less prepared than Jared Goff.

As far as the colts receivers, the problem is that while it's a great matchup for beating coverage, Tolzien probably can't make the throws. So every receiver has a basement of zero tonight, but with the chance of having a good day if they can find a gap and make a 70-75 yard run after the catch. So I would sit unless my backup options were really poor.

Help with RBs please?

Right now I have Murray and Kelley starting, but it's killing me having Freeman benched. I missed the 31 Kelley points last week so I want to cash in this week, but I'm worried he might bust and I'll have so many regrets. What do??

Play the matchups. Murray for sure (Bears), and then I would take Kelley over DF because (a) he has the entire job to himself (b) the Cowboys defense is nothing special and (c) they love to use him. Freeman has a more complex backfield and the much tougher Cardinals defense to face.

Beach

Yeah had to sit Moncrief for Tyrell Williams for a flex. Hilton you can probably start. Moncrief gets a big downgrade for me. He's too touchdown dependent for me to feel comfortable with starting him.
Hmm, I think I'm still going to roll with Hilton since Moncrief is most likely out and Tolzein has to throw to someone. Thanks though

CatBert

Neo Member
Play the matchups. Murray for sure (Bears), and then I would take Kelley over DF because (a) he has the entire job to himself (b) the Cowboys defense is nothing special and (c) they love to use him. Freeman has a more complex backfield and the much tougher Cardinals defense to face.

OK cool thanks. I had Freeman on the bench because of the Cardinals defense but I'm just nervous and second guessing myself.

I originally picked up Kelley just for some bye coverage so it feels pretty weird to be putting him in instead of Freeman.

I keep going back and forth on j mckinnon of the Vikings or blount with the patriots, or D. Moncrief with the colts but I took him out because of the luck injury. McKinnon has the better matchup but Blount is the more reliable back, but he is going against the jets. Any recommendations?

hermit7

I keep going back and forth on j mckinnon of the Vikings or blount with the patriots, or D. Moncrief with the colts but I took him out because of the luck injury. McKinnon has the better matchup but Blount is the more reliable back, but he is going against the jets. Any recommendations?

I would go Blount with these options.

I have Moncreif on the bench as well this week, and while I like McKinnon I don't think that he has the volume that I specifically like.

Blount may not have many big holes with the jets d line but has a higher floor I think.

Mr Croft

I'm in a jam and hopefully some feedback will help me out. I started the season 5-0 and suddenly I find myself 6-5 ( I talked smack and the fantasy gods crushed me) simple 8 man league Non - prr

Qb: Derek carr
Rb: Devonta freeman
Rb: Ryan Matthews
W/r Antonio brown
Wr Jarvis landry
Te delanie walker
Flex: devonte adams
Flex tevin coleman
Def: vikings (locked in now)

Bench:
Dak Prescott
Derrick Henry
Christine micheal
Kelvin Benjamin

Also just dropped Isaiah Crowell... I'm lost now

I would go Blount with these options.

I have Moncreif on the bench as well this week, and while I like McKinnon I don't think that he has the volume that I specifically like.

Blount may not have many big holes with the jets d line but has a higher floor I think.

Yea ended up doing this. I just trust Blount more

Mr Croft

Help with RBs please?

Murray and Kelly is what I would start but it is dicey. Tevin coleman is back in the lineup so that takes away some of the work for freeman. And Murray has been an absolute monster most of this year

Mr Croft

Cousins, Eli, or Dak.

Seems like a can't lose, but leaning Cousins right now.

I would go Dak. Cousins looked very good against a very injury dismantled packers team. Dallas has a better defense overall and Dak can move the ball against them. In week 2 he threw for almost 300 yards (no tds) and that was his 2nd game as a starter and just coming off a loss from new york. I think he runs the table today.

Striker

I have Wilson and Eli and leaning Wilson. McAdoo gets a lead and settles to short throws and running the ball to eat clock. Super conservative offense; as a Giants fan it is frustrating sometimes. That's a certain for FF owners who expect big yards and TD's esp late unless it is tied.

At WR I would go Jordan Matthews and Hopkins (yuck). Sand Diego are giving up the 4th most yards to opposing receivers per a stat I saw on ESPN. Tyler Boyd would probably be 3, maybe even 2 if you aren't too afraid of Baltimore D. Dalton will have to throw to someone, I imagine it will be a lot of Eifert targets and Boyd could get the 2nd most looks. Tyreke Hill last because it's at Denver.

At RB 1. Ware 2. Kelley 3. Gore. I have Ware at 1 because the game flow doesn't matter as much for him. If the Chiefs are getting blown out he will still be in there getting dump offs from captain checkdown. Kelley and Gore are so scary because of game flow. I have Kelley at 2 because Cousins over Tolzien.

Kirk Cousins has been hot lately and the stats show Arizona as the tougher fantasy D to go against. It's a toss up for me as it's Ryan at home coming off a bye and Arizona are unraveling.
I really want to go with Cousins but I haven't really seen Cowboys give up big points.

I have Wilson and Eli and leaning Wilson. McAdoo gets a lead and settles to short throws and running the ball to eat clock. Super conservative offense; as a Giants fan it is frustrating sometimes. That's a certain for FF owners who expect big yards and TD's esp late unless it is tied.

Roll Wilson. He's arguably the hottest QB in the NFL right now in terms of PPG. The offense is clicking.

Eli could have a good game? Or he could stop at 200 yards and Rashad Jennings/??? does the rest. Or they win 28-0 and half of those scores are turnovers. Look at how many pts Big Ben had last week.

Not watching the game but saw Reed is in a sling. I was thinking well that sucks but good thing I have walker too. Then I realized walkers bye is next week so fml

I hope so because I dropped my only player I could drop to stash Watkins this week

I wasn't expecting to win this week because I'm playing the bell Gordon and Zeneca owner this week but reed being out is unfortunate

Jarnet87

Game flow killed R Kelley, but Zeke made up for it. feel like same thing is gonna happen later tonight with gore and Pitt D. Gore will suffer but Pitt D will save me.

My opponent started Chris Thompspm and Blair Walsh.

didn't see the game (family doesn't watch football so I didn't want to ask to change the channel to the game when no one else wanted to watch) but saw that reed came back in for 2TD's which was awesome

still projected to losing this week though-oh well

Mr Croft

I did. Stuck with my gut. Also league in question gives a little something for completions. Kirk has 39 right now!

Yea guess my pick was bad I never took into account that the cowboys secondary isn't all that great. I got 23 points out of Dak now I have to wait and see if carr on My bench has a monster game so I can rage

NYR

As a fantasy vet who prefers the run game, will be nice to see RBs back at the top of the draft charts next season. I'm an old school fantasy guy, remember the days of Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson and Priest Holmes. Zeke reminds me of those guys, just a point maven.

I've been burned on 1st round RBs too many times to trust them. I still think I'd rather have Brown or Julio over any RB in a half or full point ppr, though David Johnson is close.

That said I completely lucked out on DeMarco Murray becoming a top back again. That 5th round pick up.

S4WQWEp.png

It was my first year doing fantasy this year and my friend told me to go with zeke/gurley/peterson another RB who's name I forgot. I ended up going 2nd in our draft and I don't regret picking AB.

Jarnet87

I think the first 6 picks in next years draft are incredible, after that it's a crapshoot.

Leveon, David Johnson, Zeke, Antonio Brown, Julio, and Odell.

NYR

I think the first 6 picks in next years draft are incredible, after that it's a crapshoot.

Leveon, David Johnson, Zeke, Antonio Brown, Julio, and Odell.

Right now I have it:

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Le'Veon Bell
3. David Johnson
4. Antonio Brown
5. DeMarco Murray
6. Julio Jones
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Odell Beckham
9. Rob Gronkowski
10. Todd Gurley

Odell has had a horrible season for someone who top 3 in most drafts, I think most teams that have him and took him top 3 would be having a tough season. Don't get me wrong, still easily top 3 WR and top 10 pick. I would give Gurley one more season, this season is a bit of an anomaly.

Right now I have it:

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Le'Veon Bell
3. David Johnson
4. Antonio Brown
5. DeMarco Murray
6. Julio Jones
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Odell Beckham
9. Rob Gronkowski
10. Todd Gurley

Odell has had a horrible season for someone who top 3 in most drafts, I think most teams that have him and took him top 3 would be having a tough season. Don't get me wrong, still easily top 3 WR and top 10 pick. I would give Gurley one more season, this season is a bit of an anomaly.
Not a bad list, except there should be no reason why AP or Gurley is on anyone's top 10 list after this year. Someone like McCoy or Gordon should easily have that spot instead if you ask me

Top Bottom