• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

UberTag

Not a bad list, except there should be no reason why AP or Gurley is on anyone's top 10 list after this year. Someone like McCoy or Gordon should easily have that spot instead if you ask me
Gordon has definitely earned it given his usage. Hell, Ajayi has also earned 1st round placement, IMO.
I think AP is done and Gurley is 2nd round at best for me right now and probably undraftable until Fisher gets canned.
I would also entertain putting Mike Evans up with the other 3 receivers. He's blocked there for the rest of the way for this season.
AJ Green also makes a case for Top 5 provided he rebounds from this latest hammy tear. That said, I think he'll be shut down if the Bengals continue to lose games.

Gordon has definitely earned it given his usage. Hell, Ajayi has also earned 1st round placement, IMO.
I think AP is done and Gurley is 2nd round at best for me right now and probably undraftable until Fisher gets canned.
I would also entertain putting Mike Evans up with the other 3 receivers. He's blocked there for the rest of the way for this season.
AJ Green also makes a case for Top 5 provided he rebounds from this latest hammy tear. That said, I think he'll be shut down if the Bengals continue to lose games.

Wow, can't believe I completely forgot about Evans...

Jarnet87

Should I start Sammy Watkins over Michael Thomas or wait till next week to trot him out?

I don't think you can start Sammy yet. Awesome that he is questionable and could go this week, means he could be primed for the playoffs. I would probably hold off on week 13 also unless Sammy owners are desperate and we something this week.

I would have no confidence in spending a mid round 1st on Murray, Evans, Gordon, Ajayi. Praying for an early pick or like the last pick of the 1st round.

Joe

Is there any reason to start or not start a defense because they are playing against other players on your team?

I have the Bills defense. They are playing the Jaguars and I also have Allen Robinson. It feels counter-productive to start both since in an ideal scenario only one would succeed.

Does that make sense?

I don't think you can start Sammy yet. Awesome that he is questionable and could go this week, means he could be primed for the playoffs. I would probably hold off on week 13 also unless Sammy owners are desperate and we something this week.

I would have no confidence in spending a mid round 1st on Murray, Evans, Gordon, Ajayi. Praying for an early pick or like the last pick of the 1st round.
I knew deep down that I shouldn't.. I hope he goes off and I can ride him, A-Rob, and Jordy for success..

Thanks

Is there any reason to start or not start a defense because they are playing against other players on your team?

I have the Bills defense. They are playing the Jaguars and I also have Allen Robinson. It feels counter-productive to start both since in an ideal scenario only one would succeed.

Does that make sense?
I wouldn't worry about it. You're playing the Bills D because Bortles is terrible. It's possible for both Robinson and the Bills D to do well in the same game.

If it's a QB vs a DEF, I'd probably look to switch one or the other though, yeah.

UberTag

Of the 4, I'm most worried about Murray given his heavy usage and the fact that he'll be 29. That said, if you're able to handcuff him with Henry, that's a pretty solid failsafe option.

I would argue that Gordon should be in the discussion... but I wouldn't take him in the 1st round as he's extremely touchdown-dependent. It's his utilization that has made him so valuable this season... not his talent. And utilization can change on a dime with new coaching/talent/a healthy Keenan Allen/Danny Woodhead/etc. He's putting up numbers similar to LenDale White that one season he flashed and scored 15 touchdowns. I can't commit to that.

I'm all-in on both Evans and Ajayi.

I don't know if I'd take him with my first round pick but Ajayi's fine. The Dolphins offensive line is all kinds of beat up right now but we've seen him explode when he has the blocking up front with a healthy o-line. He's been getting hit the backfield a lot the last few games.

I think he is a better talent than Gordon.

bigkrev

Should I start Gronk today? My backup is Delanie Walker, who i'd probably have to drop (which I don't want to do) if Gronk actually misses the game and I need a backup

fep

In still waffling between Hopkins and Tyrell Williams.

Hopkins is the ultimate tease, but by now I should realize oz is not going to make it click this season. Tyrell feels like the better play, even against a good Texans Def.

hermit7

Should I start Gronk today? My backup is Delanie Walker, who i'd probably have to drop (which I don't want to do) if Gronk actually misses the game and I need a backup

Starting him over Bennett

We will see if it is the right play or not. (Probably not)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Which two should I play

Mike Evans
Jordan Matthews
LeGarrette Blount

Normally be no question with Evans, but they're up against Seattle.

phanphare

Banned
Which two should I play

Mike Evans
Jordan Matthews
LeGarrette Blount

Normally be no question with Evans, but they're up against Seattle.

I'd probably sit blount out of those. jets run defense is actually pretty solid and their passing d is not so you figure that'll be the gameplan for the pats. will probably be a white/lewis heavy game as far as backs go. though I'm sure blount will still get some goal line carries so if you're really worried about evans you could roll with blount and hope for some TDs.

I personally can't sit evans. he's a must start for me every week regardless of match up.

UberTag

Did I seriously just lose AJ Green and Odell Beckham in back-to-back weeks in the league I care the most about? That's just not right.

Joe

I wouldn't worry about it. You're playing the Bills D because Bortles is terrible. It's possible for both Robinson and the Bills D to do well in the same game.

If it's a QB vs a DEF, I'd probably look to switch one or the other though, yeah.
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

At the last second I decided to start the Titans against the Bears.

GrapeApes

Fucking ESPN. None of their shit is updating. Been stuck in early 3rd quarter for like 20 min. Second major fuck up of the season. They need to get their shit together.

Yeah what's that all about? I received zero points for both Cooks and Antonio Gates. :(

if he had a couple of targets and didnt catch any of them-fine i'll take that but 0 targets = wtf

I thought I had it down too: if saints playing at home= start cooks and if playing away, don't

glad I was able to pick up watkins up this week so I don't have to start cooks again hopefully

Tyreke Hill and Kansas City D saved me this week in one of my leagues.
The other two, I definitely lost on one(Unless Jordy gets like 6 TD's) and my other one I'm down by 50 but have Rodgers, Jordan Matthews and DaVonte left. Opponent has Crosby going.

Tyreke Hill and Kansas City D saved me this week in one of my leagues.
The other two, I definitely lost on one(Unless Jordy gets like 6 TD's) and my other one I'm down by 50 but have Rodgers, Jordan Matthews and DaVonte left. Opponent has Crosby going.
I left Tyreke and Taylor Gabriel on my bench and I probably fucked myself out of a playoff spot in the Shirtless league since I will most likely lose to Kave this week..

Kill me..

instead of doing the smart thing and playing delanie walker, I get to agonize all day on whether or not smallwood will score more than 7 points tonight for me to win

good times

Tom Nook

Currently 3rd place and locked in a playoff spot. For next week, need a win plus the 2nd place person to lose in order to get the bye week.

First place in both of my leagues with the most Points For! This was a good year in regards to fantasy. Gonna use the money I win to but a DJ jersey (already bought a Zeke one)

hermit7

Gronk was a killer. Would have lost anyways but would have been a bit closer.

Matchups were awful anyways for me this week.

Doug Martin v. Seattle

I thought Rashad Jennings was going to do something but that didn't happen. I hate him, when he sits he's great and when I activate him against a good matchup he's shit.

Was planning to use Ebron while Walker is on bye but after Thanksgiving day, I don't know....

I have Reed and Walker and I was planning on using Reed during the Bye but now I don't know. I may end up just not playing without a TE this week(TE's available on waivers aren't good and aren't worth dropping someone to pick someone up.)

remember that time when the elite tampa d shut down the seahawks?

Seahawks played like shit yesterday and what's funny is that the bucaneers(fantasy wise) put up some good numbers again. Someone in our office league actually played them yesterday(she isn't trying though since she's out of the playoff running) and I thought that it was amusing.

phanphare

Banned
Seahawks played like shit yesterday and what's funny is that the bucaneers(fantasy wise) put up some good numbers again. Someone in our office league actually played them yesterday(she isn't trying though since she's out of the playoff running) and I thought that it was amusing.

yeah I checked out how many points the tampa defense had during the game and they were up to 16 when I checked. probably finished with more. I remember one series where russ got sacked, got sacked again but there was a flag on the play so it didn't count, and then got sacked again.

I rolled out rawls with full confidence thinking he was going to feast meanwhile I tempered my expectations for mike evans because of seattle's d. meanwhile rawls got like 30 yards and mike evans got 100+ and 2 TDs. strange day.

wow the eagles played like hot garbage tonight

welp, see you in another life smallwood. I'm sure if Mathews misses more time you'll get a great game possibly later down but i'm not taking that risk again

GrapeApes

Glad I got one more week of fantasy regular season. Got usurped out the last playoff spot because another owner has .5 points more than me this season. That shit would have really sucked if I got bounced cause of .5 points. It's a one game playoff for me this week. Playing the same guy and whoever wins gets the last spot. Fantasy can be so nerve wrecking.

Tom Nook

Currently, I'm 3rd place facing 1st place. First place is one game ahead of 2nd place and two games ahead of me so whether he wins or lose, he'll still be in first place. Hopefully, he decides to take a break by not doing waivers (he has D Murray on bye) that week for me to win.

Sitting at 6-6 in 5th place (winning the points scored margin vs 6th place by 1pt lol). We have 3 divisions and everyone in mine is in or close to playoffs (top 6) :

3rd - 7-5
5th - 6-6 - Me
6th - 6-6
7th - 6-6

Soooo close! I play the 3rd place and the other two in my division play each other. I'll be so mad if i get knocked out on points -_-

with walker on bye and reed out for however long, will be rostering 3 TE's-yay (ugh)

the worst part about this week too is that I put in a waiver claim for the packers defense this week since i'm sure oakland will blow up the bills

nillapuddin

Just realized our comish made the playoffs a one game, week 13 matchup of Team 1 and Team 2 for the championship, what a buncha horse shit. Playoff bracket doesnt matter, no wild card hopes, wtf. The only thing that kept me going was hope I could "upset" some teams at the end and make it to the ship.

Statistically I've dominated the entire season but now Im stuck at 5-7 and best I can hope for is 2nd runner up, fucking stupid.

PF
1st - 1597.6 - Me
2nd - 1536.4
Last - 1174.2

PA
1st - 1578.9 - Me
2nd - 1509.2
Last - 1225.6 - #1 team

4 of my 7 loses I scored 120+ and only once below 100.

7 of the 12 weeks the #1 guys opponent scored less than 90, of fucking course he's gunna be 10-2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking of going full tilt on the Bills this weekend, whatcha think about finding Sammy a spot instead of DT or Diggs?

EGqDfb4h.png

Top Bottom