• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Thinking of going full tilt on the Bills this weekend, whatcha think about finding Sammy a spot instead of DT or Diggs?
I would gamble on Sammy Walkins in your position. Thomas has a tough matchup, Jax secondary is actually pretty good and he doesn't have a super high ceiling this season with Siemon at QB

So yeah, if you want to throw caution to the wind and go out with a bang, I'd go with Diggs and Walkins. Just understand you're sitting a high floor WR to chase after points with the boom or bust guys.
4 of my 7 loses I scored 120+ and only once below 100.

7 of the 12 weeks the #1 guys opponent scored less than 90, of fucking course he's gunna be 10-2.
The Truth is winning a season in fantasy requires luck and when the format is head 2 head, this type of thing can happen a lot.

If you drafted well, if your team is relatively consistent week to week and you managed the play the waiver wire effectively, that is really the best you can hope for. Go into next season knowing you had a decent strategy that scored you a lot of points and hope for a better draw next time around. Over the course of one season, you can get screwed. Over the course of ten seasons, you should come out ahead of Mr. AutoDraft.

Just realized our comish made the playoffs a one game, week 13 matchup of Team 1 and Team 2 for the championship, what a buncha horse shit. Playoff bracket doesnt matter, no wild card hopes, wtf. The only thing that kept me going was hope I could "upset" some teams at the end and make it to the ship.

Statistically I've dominated the entire season but now Im stuck at 5-7 and best I can hope for is 2nd runner up, fucking stupid.

PF
1st - 1597.6 - Me
2nd - 1536.4
Last - 1174.2

PA
1st - 1578.9 - Me
2nd - 1509.2
Last - 1225.6 - #1 team

4 of my 7 loses I scored 120+ and only once below 100.

7 of the 12 weeks the #1 guys opponent scored less than 90, of fucking course he's gunna be 10-2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking of going full tilt on the Bills this weekend, whatcha think about finding Sammy a spot instead of DT or Diggs?

EGqDfb4h.png

if those were the settings at the start of the season, that's on you since everyone is playing under that situation(even if it's shitty). If they changed it mid season without a vote than yeah that's a terrible, terrible move.

So for next week in one league, I need to win to lock down a playoff spot for next week. My opponent needs a win too.

I have Antonio Brown, Taylor Gabriel, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd and, J.J Nelson (as well as Alshon at WR. Man I wish he would come back and light up the score board..) I need to start three. (I'm leaning Brown, Gabriel, and Hill)

At RB..
I will have Frank Gore, Latavius Murray, and Tevin Coleman.. I need to start two (I'm leaning Gore and Murray)

Should I put Coleman or Boyd in my flex?

Also Minny D or Philly D? I'm leaning toward Minny D

Also in my other League, I am in first place in and trying to keep it that way

I have Allen Robinson, Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas and Sammy Watkins.. Is it time to bench Thomas and put in Watkins?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So the week 13 bye is effing me hard - mariota and murray :(

These are my QB options, would love opinions!!::

Fitzpatrick vs. Ind
Barkley vs. SF
Palmer vs. Was
Flacco vs. Mia
Tannehill vs. Bal
Wentz vs. Cin
Goff...
Osweiler...
Siemen...

soooo yeah. thats it..... I'm leaning Barkely or Fitzpatrick unfortunately...

honestly even 15pts would be amazing in this situation - ugh ;__;

a win this week would essentially guarentee me a playoff spot

So for next week in one league, I need to win to lock down a playoff spot for next week. My opponent needs a win too.

I have Antonio Brown, Taylor Gabriel, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd and, J.J Nelson (as well as Alshon at WR. Man I wish he would come back and light up the score board..) I need to start three. (I'm leaning Brown, Gabriel, and Hill)

At RB..
I will have Frank Gore, Latavius Murray, and Tevin Coleman.. I need to start two (I'm leaning Gore and Murray)

I have Allen Robinson, Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas and Sammy Watkins.. Is it time to bench Thomas and put in Watkins?

The cowboys are on a complete war path and I want to say most defenses that played against them haven't scored very well. I don't think vikings are a good play but that's just me though.

Fitzpatrick vs. Ind
Barkley vs. SF
Palmer vs. Was
Flacco vs. Mia
Tannehill vs. Bal
Wentz vs. Cin
Goff...
Osweiler...
Siemen...

I'd pick Palmer or Flacco out of those

UberTag

I'm out of FAAB dollars in my two cash leagues where I'm 8-4 and locked into a fantasy playoff spot. Had to miss out on all of the noteworthy WR values as a result but I did manage to ensure nobody scooped up the Bengals D/ST to use against me in Week 14 when they play the Browns.

Over the past two games against the Steelers and Giants, the Browns have coughed up 15 sacks, 5 turnovers and two defensive touchdowns while only scoring an average of 11 points. That team is an offensive mess. I couldn't leave the Bengals out there to feast on that.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I'm out of FAAB dollars in my two cash leagues where I'm 8-4 and locked into a fantasy playoff spot. Had to miss out on all of the noteworthy WR values as a result but I did manage to ensure nobody scooped up the Bengals D/ST to use against me in Week 14 when they play the Browns.

Over the past two games against the Steelers and Giants, the Browns have coughed up 15 sacks, 5 turnovers and two defensive touchdowns while only scoring an average of 11 points. That team is an offensive mess. I couldn't leave the Bengals out there to feast on that.

did the same thing last week! ( more for my playoff chances though) scooped up the bills and teh chargers who play the browns in week 15 and 16. god I'm so close to the playoffs, I just need to win this week and im in

nillapuddin

if those were the settings at the start of the season, that's on you since everyone is playing under that situation(even if it's shitty). If they changed it mid season without a vote than yeah that's a terrible, terrible move.

been in the league for 3 years and its always been a free for all with 1st round byes for T1 and T2, so it never occurred to me it would suddenly change

Tom Nook

At RB..

If Watkins is in, I would start him.

Tom Nook

Fitzpatrick vs. Ind
Barkley vs. SF
Palmer vs. Was
Flacco vs. Mia
Tannehill vs. Bal
Wentz vs. Cin
Goff...
Osweiler...
Siemen...

I would go with Barkley too. He looked good against TEN and look how Tannehill did against SF.

rezn0r

Depending on how this week goes I either clinched a playoff spot last week or I'm hopefully squeaking in this week (I'm in 4th out of 12, clarification: ranked 4th but a bunch of tied records). But I'm panicking.

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr./Det vs. Tavon Austin/LA vs. Adam Thielen/Min ? (need to pick one)
(Sitting on the bench is also Coates, LaFell, and Cruz)

I've been starting Jones Jr. for weeks but both him and Tavon are marked questionable. Projected (I know, I shouldn't worry so much about projected crap) has them both better than Thielen, who plays tonight. My gut says stick with Jones but it'd really blow if he doesn't play Sunday, and Thielen went tonight.

Flex: Blount vs. Eric Ebron ? My normal starting TE is Kelce.

I'm hopefully getting lucky with byes on the dude's team who I'm playing....

Thanks!

Hightower or Stewart? Gordon is my key starter and my only other real option is Kelley.

Also, Moncrief or Fitzgerald? My other WRs are Evans and ODB so this is my flex spot.

Tom Nook

I dropped Marvin Jones back in week 10 due to lack of production from him and my upcoming opponent picked him up and starting him....

If he goes off....

Tom Nook

Depending on how this week goes I either clinched a playoff spot last week or I'm hopefully squeaking in this week (I'm in 4th out of 12, clarification: ranked 4th but a bunch of tied records). But I'm panicking.

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr./Det vs. Tavon Austin/LA vs. Adam Thielen/Min ? (need to pick one)
(Sitting on the bench is also Coates, LaFell, and Cruz)

I've been starting Jones Jr. for weeks but both him and Tavon are marked questionable. Projected (I know, I shouldn't worry so much about projected crap) has them both better than Thielen, who plays tonight. My gut says stick with Jones but it'd really blow if he doesn't play Sunday, and Thielen went tonight.

Flex: Blount vs. Eric Ebron ? My normal starting TE is Kelce.

I'm hopefully getting lucky with byes on the dude's team who I'm playing....

Thanks!

If you need to win, I would go with Jones.

I had Jones but dropped him back in week 10. My upcoming opponent picked him up and starting him. With my luck, I got this feeling Jones will go off after a long stretch of poor production. And it's against the Saint, those games tend to be shootouts.

rezn0r

If you need to win, I would go with Jones.

I had Jones but dropped him back in week 10. My upcoming opponent picked him up and starting him. With my luck, I got this feeling Jones will go off after a long stretch of poor production. And it's against the Saint, those games tend to be shootouts.

Thanks, I'll just stick with him instead of screwing around. I made it this far riding Big Ben & my RBs so...

Good luck in your games!

If Diggs plays tonight, then start Diggs.

I read earlier he'll be playing, I forget the site. It sounded hopeful though.

Looking less likely that Reed is playing this week. Who's the better pick up: Vernon Davis, Cameron Brate, Lance Kendricks, Dennis Pitta or Vance Mcdonald? I'm leaning Brate.

I only have 2 moves left for the season and this will take up one..so dumb

Looking less likely that Reed is playing this week. Who's the better pick up: Vernon Davis, Cameron Brate, Lance Kendricks, Dennis Pitta or Vance Mcdonald? I'm leaning Brate.

I only have 2 moves left for the season and this will take up one..so dumb

Either McDonald (he's getting targets) or Brate(playoff schedule)

and fuck me, I currently have TE's on my roster and it really sucks

Walker(bye), Reed (most likely out), and Davis.

I know Davis isn't ideal to play as a streaming option this week but it's pretty much either him, Ladarius Green or Gresham as possible options this week (McDonald was picked up by the gronk owner)

bleh

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Felt good not drafting Gronk. Was like the injuries had to eventually come back to him and they sure did this year.

Picking up Malcom Mitchell in my league. Gonna see how he does since Bennett likes to block a lot.

i get to have the not so fun time of deciding on either flexing watkins or ty hilton this week

i already know the one i don't start will be the one to score a lot of points

Welp that was the 2nd time this season where I didn't realize it was Thursday already (I had taken Monday off) and didn't even look at my teams before the game.

i get to have the not so fun time of deciding on either flexing watkins or ty hilton this week

i already know the one i don't start will be the one to score a lot of points
Me.. I personally traded Hilton a couple days ago to shore up my RBs for the playoffs next week.

But start Hilton regardless..

Watkins isn't 100% yet and as others have said.. don't run the risk of a zero point play from Sammy.

He could aggravate his injury again.

SummitAve

Banned
I could win my division or be out of the playoffs it's so close in my league.

Standard.

Rawls or Booker? Carolina run D has been extremely weak the last couple weeks without kuechly, and not sure how Paxton playing changes things. Currently starting Booker but I'm starting to lean. Either of them above Ware?

Moncrief, Tyreek Hill, or Hopkins. Need 1. Currently going with Moncrief, don't think I can risk a flop from Hill or the KC offense. Haven't considered starting Hopkins for a while, but may need his reliable floor.

Blah I just lost Gronk too... I think and am hoping for Gates to have a big week.

bcLand3r

Neo Member
Hey guys, cool to see this is a thing!

Couple questions:

Spencer Ware v Thomas Rawls v Jonathan Stewart

Greg Olsen v Antonio Gates

Tyreek Hill v Tyrrell Williams

PPR

AlexMogil

I need a miracle already in my first round of the playoffs. Should I go with Kaepernick as a Hail Mary or stay with Russell Wilson as my starter?

Top Bottom