• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

It's not even about that anymore. I accept losing but when you're walking around all game. No one has fire, no one has hustle. There has not been a single moment this season where at least half the team just seems like they just want to fucking go home.

Yeah that's true and it's been a dolphins thing for years, since Sporrano this team starts slow and never manages to fire itself up. It's a culture thing and I don't know if Gase will be able to change that but I like how he's been blunt and honest about players and how they've played so maybe something will change....I hope.

Gobias

Banned
Maybe Dolphin fans can join us in looking at mock drafts starting at week 1 of every season. Or they can be like my friend Mech and become lifelongs of The Ohio State University.

Maybe Dolphin fans can join us in looking at mock drafts starting at week 1 of every season. Or they can be like my friend Mech and become lifelongs of The Ohio State University.
I'm trying to get Chris on the wagon.. Chris.. Come on man.. They've never let me down and they won't let you down.

Furyous

You can pull for that Ole Miss kid but he's a reach. Deshaun Watson is showing regression. It's slim pickings for QBS this year and next.

Nah, Lamar Jackson is going in the first round of whatever year he comes out. Next year's draft has some gems in the second through fifth rounds. That Greg Ward Jr. guy has some potential. Look at the backups on teams that deserve a shot to run an offense. The Phins should take a look at backups around the league if they want to move on from Tannehill. Then again they got fleeced by the Eagles with Feeley so they're gun shy on backups.

Nah, Lamar Jackson is going in the first round of whatever year he comes out. Next year's draft has some gems in the second through fifth rounds. That Greg Ward Jr. guy has some potential. Look at the backups on teams that deserve a shot to run an offense. The Phins should take a look at backups around the league if they want to move on from Tannehill. Then again they got fleeced by the Eagles with Feeley so they're gun shy on backups.
Maybe they need to look at the good work of Josh McCown? 4th round pick.. Come on..

Flo friend would you like my tickets for the Rutgers game? I hear it's gonna be a good one. $500
No.

Let us see Curtis continue his quest to get 1000 rush and receiving yards friends.. I believe

Fantomex

That's what I'm saying. Lamar Jackson is not coming out next year. He's gonna be there in 2-3 years

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Jesus even Thursday night fuckball post game show is awful.

Can Faulk and Irvin just fist fight? That will be a lot more fun.

Are there any mock drafts worth looking at this far out? How about good breakdowns for possible free agents? Who are the hot college coaches that might be lured into the NFL? I'm asking for a friend.

Gobias

Banned
Are there any mock drafts worth looking at this far out? How about good breakdowns for possible free agents? Who are the hot college coaches that might be lured into the NFL? I'm asking for a friend.

Walter Football does mock drafts like 2 years in advance. There are others but a lot of them are a part of a premium subscription.

College coaches? let me tell you about Les Miles...

Does any NFL fanbase hate their team more than Dolphins fans?

I mean Browns fans have it just as bad if not worse but their fans seem to feel more apathy towards the team rather anger. But I know I'm sick of this fucking team. Dolphins-Gaf is sick of this team. You go on the teams official website and 90% of the comments are fans that are sick of this shit year in year out. I don't think any other team has this kind of hate. I don't know a single dolphins fan who has a positive outlook on the team.

I wish I could just move on.

But as much as I hate this team, I hate myself more, so I'll be back next week and next year and the one after.......fuck

Fantomex

The sucky part is that I wanted to save ya'll the trouble and pain. Tannehill is not a franchise QB. Honestly, Case Keenum is playing better than him this year, and he has no receivers either. I tried to tell ya'll 2 years ago but you told me he needed more time and I needed to be patient. The only difference between Tannehill and Tebow is that Tebow has a better deep ball.

Does any NFL fanbase hate their team more than Dolphins fans?

I mean Browns fans have it just as bad if not worse but their fans seem to feel more apathy towards the team rather anger. But I know I'm sick of this fucking team. Dolphins-Gaf is sick of this team. You go on the teams official website and 90% of the comments are fans that are sick of this shit year in year out. I don't think any other team has this kind of hate. I don't know a single dolphins fan who has a positive outlook on the team.

I wish I could just move on.

But as much as I hate this team, I hate myself more, so I'll be back next week and next year and the one after.......fuck

This is our fate
2014-06-24-TheJadedFan-409x1024.png

Dude the fucking Browns play with 10 times the heart and passion of this team. Ryan Tannehill is a fraud who only cares about looking and acting the part enough to keep his job. He doesn't give a shit about winning, nothing he has ever done suggests that, and he has consistently failed over and over and over when the team needed him. The same can be said for every other element of the team minus a handful of players over the years who couldn't keep the team afloat themselves.

Rebuild? Bringing in Mario Williams is part of a rebuild? Trading for fucking Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell is a rebuild? This is Mike Tannenbaum we're talking about, dude isn't in the business of rebuilding OR building successful rosters. This team is a dumpster fire with no future, same as it has been since Marino left.

I appreciate that you're still holding on and I don't mean to take this out on you but we've got to stop making excuses for this team. This organization is fundamentally broken and will be for at least as long as Stephen Ross is owner, and knowing our luck a lot longer.

Just go become a Cowboys fan, I wouldn't even blame you at this point.

Sorry friend I should have explained some more but I've been repeating it since March that I kinda forget, Miami fucked up this off-season for those signings and yeah Tannenbaum was a terrible hire. The only move I liked this whole off-season was getting Tunsil, everything else was terrible, the draft was bad (except Tunsil). What I meant by rebuild was that it SHOULD be a rebuild because this team has no talent and hasn't in years, we've known this. The culture of this team is toxic and I don't know what the fix is. Having said that, for this game especially, we were just completely over matched in talent...so many injuries on both sides and on a short week with an inexperienced staff? I mean what were people expecting? I'm actually surprised by the defense they played alright all things considered. The offense failed this time and Tannehill had a terrible game but this was going to happen all season...as for holding on I mean it's not even about that, I'm just not jumping on the #Firegase #DumpTannehill bandwagon because I'm not going to over react to what's happened when it's the only thing that could have happened. This offense and Tannehill will have growing pains, the WRs are young, the oline is still a mess, we have no RBs, no TEs, no LBs, no corners and an aged Dline...this is exactly who this team is. I haven't been emotionally invested in this team all off-season and I'm not going to be until I actually have a reason too, so I'm with you right there. I'll never jump ship no matter how bad it gets and I'll be at the SD game again this year no matter what. I guess I'm just not as mad because I stopped caring months ago.

I feel a disturbance in the Cleve Force......

*catches up on Gordon news......

Brent Sobleski ‏ @ brentsobleski 1m 1 minute ago
Needless to say, Gordon doesn't appear to have experienced a come-to-Jesus moment regarding his problems. Always more to the story. # Browns
Kave...... I know u seen....

I feel this might be the end for our hero, hope he gets himself together.

Gobias

Banned
I feel a disturbance in the Cleve Force......

*catches up on Gordon news......

Kave...... I know u seen....

I feel this might be the end for our hero, hope he gets himself together.

We got a new hero in Pryor though. Now, if he leaves next season...

e -

He did just say this today though

"I want to be here if Hue's going to be here for a while, because I know this is a building process — and it's not really. We're right there. We're competing with everybody, we've just got to put teams away and I'd like to be where Hue's at.''

Beach

For some reason I can't pull myself together to watch non-Sunday NFL Primetime games. Don't know if the product is just getting worse.

This is our fate

Sorry friend I should have explained some more but I've been repeating it since March that I kinda forget, Miami fucked up this off-season for those signings and yeah Tannenbaum was a terrible hire. The only move I liked this whole off-season was getting Tunsil, everything else was terrible, the draft was bad (except Tunsil). What I meant by rebuild was that it SHOULD be a rebuild because this team has no talent and hasn't in years, we've known this. The culture of this team is toxic and I don't know what the fix is. Having said that, for this game especially, we were just completely over matched in talent...so many injuries on both sides and on a short week with an inexperienced staff? I mean what were people expecting? I'm actually surprised by the defense they played alright all things considered. The offense failed this time and Tannehill had a terrible game but this was going to happen all season...as for holding on I mean it's not even about that, I'm just not jumping on the #Firegase #DumpTannehill bandwagon because I'm not going to over react to what's happened when it's the only thing that could have happened. This offense and Tannehill will have growing pains, the WRs are young, the oline is still a mess, we have no RBs, no TEs, no LBs, no corners and an aged Dline...this is exactly who this team is. I haven't been emotionally invested in this team all off-season and I'm not going to be until I actually have a reason too, so I'm with you right there. I'll never jump ship no matter how bad it gets and I'll be at the SD game again this year no matter what. I guess I'm just not as mad because I stopped caring months ago.
You are a lot better at not getting emotionally invested in the games even when you know the team is trash. I can't help it man, I know they are shit but it still hurts to watch them flounder around and fail time after time after time. You just hope something will click or some of the new guys will step it up but it never happens.

Anyway I agree with you. This is my curse so I'm not going anywhere but I don't know how much more of this season I can stomach. I have no idea where the team needs to go from here other than Ross selling the franchise...

You are a lot better at not getting emotionally invested in the games even when you know the team is trash. I can't help it man, I know they are shit but it still hurts to watch them flounder around and fail time after time after time. You just hope something will click or some of the new guys will step it up but it never happens.

Anyway I agree with you. This is my curse so I'm not going anywhere but I don't know how much more of this season I can stomach. I have no idea where the team needs to go from here other than Ross selling the franchise...

I don't know how I mange it because this is the first year that I really feel this way, even during the 1-15 season I was devastated week to week well after it was clear the whole team was garbage so I get you. I guess what might have helped is that I've been doing a lot more reading/watching/listening to film break downs of this team and learning football at a newer level that I've come to accept how bad the players on this team are so I have no reason to hope that some might turn it around.

But yeah you and I have been saying it for years that the problems start with the owner, if Gase can turn it around great but it'll be a tall task if he does. I'll just keep watching because I love football and love this team but I totally get it if you just stop, it really is terrible football, watching Landry, Jones and Wake give it their all while everyone else around them couldn't care less is heartbreaking. Almost as bad as when you knew JT and ZT weren't ever going to do anything on this team. :(

Deception

Damn missed it, what happened?
They were discussing how disappointing the Dolphins were and wanted to talk about them and Michael wanted to go off script and talk about the Bengals and Marshall called him out and they were basically arguing on live TV. It was so uncomfortable yet hilarious.

Can someone find a video?

Jay Cutler is going to be an improvement on Ryan Tannehill in Miami next season.
You listen to Florio? This morning on his show he said that gase would not take the fins job until he was promised that he wouldn't be married to tannehill. He said expect him to move on from Tanny after this season then draft a qb and bring in cutler as a bridge qb after the bears cut him.

You listen to Florio? This morning on his show he said that gase would not take the fins job until he was promised that he wouldn't be married to tannehill. He said expect him to move on from Tanny after this season then draft a qb and bring in cutler as a bridge qb after the bears cut him.

lmao yeah ok

squicken

I probably held out hope for Tannehill longer than most people. He was always frustrating but I thought he could be an okay QB. But he has sort of become like Bortles in my mind where he is holding back the team.

Fins just have a messed up situation. I'd fire Tannebaum and let Gase and a new GM rebuild the team. But Ross is awful so he'll surely do the wrong thing

gogosox82

I think Tennenhill just isn't good and he will never be any better than he is now. I honestly think Miami needs to totally bottom out about just be terrible for a few years. If they draft well, they can become good after a few terrible years. I think the worst thing you can do in the nfl is not be good but also not be terrible either. Your just stuck in mediocrity which probably the worst thing that can happen to a franchise because you can't get better through the draft because you pick too low but you also can't attract any FA's because who wants to go play for a 7-9 team who has no chance of getting to the playoffs?

I think Tennenhill just isn't good and he will never be any better than he is now. I honestly think Miami needs to totally bottom out about just be terrible for a few years. If they draft well, they can become good after a few terrible years. I think the worst thing you can do in the nfl is not be good but also not be terrible either. Your just stuck in mediocrity which probably the worst thing that can happen to a franchise because you can't get better through the draft because you pick too low but you also can't attract any FA's because who wants to go play for a 7-9 team who has no chance of getting to the playoffs?

That's been Miami for 15 years.

So the Seahawks... lost to the Rams and only two wins are against Phins and 49ers?

Does this mean we are frauds? I'm not ready for this ride to end yet dammit!

Spinluck

I couldn't even watch the rest of the game, poor Fins GAF. This song is dedicated to you, from one of the great musicians of our time.

What's the matter with your life
Is the poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
Was it a boy when U wanted a girl? (Boy when u wanted a girl)
Don't U know straight hair ain't got no curl (No curl)
Life it ain't real funky
Unless it's got that pop
Dig it
Pop life
Everybody needs a thrill
Pop life
We all got a space 2 fill
Pop life
Everybody can't be on top
But life it ain't real funky
Unless it's got that pop
Dig it
Tell me, what's that underneath your hair?
Is there anybody living there? (Anybody living there)
U can't get over, if U say U just don't care (Don't care)
Show me a boy who stays in school
And I'll show U a boy aware!
Dig it
Pop life
Everybody needs a thrill
Pop life
Pop life
Unless it's got that pop
Dig it

What U putting in your nose?
Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
The river of addiction flows
U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
When the fire blows
Dig it

Pop life
Everybody needs a thrill
Pop life
Pop life
Everybody wants to be on top
Unless it's got that pop
Dig it

Pop life
Everybody needs a thrill
Pop life
Pop life
Unless it's got that pop
Dig it

WedgeX

Banned
If Caldwell doesn't stop the Lions mediocrity this year he gets replaced by Les Miles since he wants to come back to Michigan anyhow.

bionic77

I didn't watch the second half.

Did Burfict do anything dirty?

I hope he has stopped his dirty ways. We can't afford for him to fuck up the whole team again two years in a row.

If Caldwell doesn't stop the Lions mediocrity this year he gets replaced by Les Miles since he wants to come back to Michigan anyhow.
Les can't manage a game to save his life and relied on so much bullshit to pull wins out of his ass (that also is part of his appeal with how he got away with it so much) that he had no business winning.

He won't get away with that in the NFL if he does decide to jump up which he probably not considering he's 62.

Also even though his style of play would probably fit in the league, he can't develop a QB to save his life. He was relying on Purdue transfers for Christ's sake. The offensive talent that he has had and having piss poor offense is kinda of remarkable. He would need a virtuoso OC to help make sure he could be successful and those are generally your future HCs anyway so he wouldn't keep them long

TL;DR: you don't want him friend..

Even though the bengals are the worst, I agree.

Hue has pretty much been like a mentor to him in the NFL.
You think God would be okay if I adopt hue as my personal Saint as well?

#FuckFuture

Lol floy why do u keep saying fuck future?......

I feel like you're just saying it.........
Because God is a Russell fan BG.. Look at who've doubted him get punished.

I'm not getting punished by my lack of faith in Russell/God

It's basically my version of saying a Hail Mary at this point.

Top Bottom