• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

Do phins fans like Gase so far?...

Also I expect all the Gordon stuff to leak today or this weekend, Shame. Hopefully some of these other rookie WRs step up
Because God is a Russell fan BG.. Look at who've doubted him get punished.

I'm not getting punished by my lack of faith in Russell/God

It's basically my version of saying a Hail Mary at this point.

bionic77

I fully support Floy's Wilson support, it may be his only positive attribute....!!
With Floyd onboard you should probably stop by the funeral home to pick out a nice casket and grave for Wussle. One should always plan ahead.

With (cursed) friends like these...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Les can't manage a game to save his life and relied on so much bullshit to pull wins out of his ass (that also is part of his appeal with how he got away with it so much) that he had no business winning.

He won't get away with that in the NFL if he does decide to jump up which he probably not considering he's 62.

Also even though his style of play would probably fit in the league, he can't develop a QB to save his life. He was relying on Purdue transfers for Christ's sake. The offensive talent that he has had and having piss poor offense is kinda of remarkable. He would need a virtuoso OC to help make sure he could be successful and those are generally your future HCs anyway so he wouldn't keep them long

TL;DR: you don't want him friend..

You think God would be okay if I adopt hue as my personal Saint as well?

#FuckFuture

Lets be honest, there are college programs that would crawl across broken glass to get Les Miles still.

Why wouldn't he take an easy job making way too much money with way more job security?

Arkansas would be right there crawling if they needed a coach. Surely there's other underperforming programs with deep pockets needing a flashy hire?

On BGN Radio yesterday they said that the NFL hasnt ruled on Lane Johnsons appeal yet due to the fact that the substance he got suspended for the first time is no longer on the banned list, so the NFLPA is arguing that this should be treated like a first offense instead. Will be interesting to see how the NFL rules, maybe a reduced suspension?

Lets be honest, there are college programs that would crawl across broken glass to get Les Miles still.

Why wouldn't he take an easy job making way too much money with way more job security?

Arkansas would be right there crawling if they needed a coach. Surely there's other underperforming programs with deep pockets needing a flashy hire?
I was talking about the NFL though for people wondering if Les would jump up though. They don't want that is what I'm referring to Wienke my friend.

And I agree that there are programs that would kill their first borns to get Les because as much shit Les gets and deserves some.. He is a good coach.. The problems Les had were:

1)His routine flaws (clock management, inability to develop a QB.. He needed to fire Cameron years ago.) If Les wants to jump back in somewhere, he needs his own Wunderkind OC because the talent at offense that they had at the skill positions should not look like pure garbage.

2) Nick Saban.. LSU needs to face it.. They aren't going to beat Nick and Bama until Nick retires in a few more years. And even then, there probably won't be a huge drop off if Bama finds their own Earle Bruce to carry the flag and make Bama competitive nationally (not exactly easy, but doable I would presume that they'd get Dabo to come home in which case, they aren't going to have a drop off in coaching)

Bama has a leg up on talent compared to everyone with the exception of Ohio State and soon to be Michigan

But.. The Blood bloods and a few others that may open up (not counting LSU of course)

USC (Helton is a dead man walking.. Swannie has to clean up a mess and make a dynamite hire)

Texas (assuming Charlie can't fix the mess that Mack left. It's getting better though. But not quick enough)

A&M (Aggies feel like they're on the treadmill and I don't know if they will look for a change. Squicken is praying for Tom. If Tom wins you the SEC at some point, I'm expecting a thank you to Urban even though you hate him.)

(Fuck them forever) Penn State (Les was a Michigan man and while they hate him.. I don't think He will go there. I assume Franklin gets by this year and gets the ax next year)

Baylor (fuck them forever as well.. They may keep Grobe... I don't know though)

Everyone is waiting for the BIG XII to decide what they are doing on expansion and whether Houston gets added.. I'm guessing no expansion right now and it's a fight to the death over who gets Tom Herman and then Larry Fedora soon after.

Fun fact about UNC: Les's Son is a QB there, I think Fedora might get poached and I think Les goes to UNC.

Floyd has Russell on his fantasy team, he's only looking out for himself!
Just because I also benefit in fantasy.. Doesn't mean I'm not sincere Croc. If I make a donation because I believe in a charity/cause and then get a tax write-off because of said donation.. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so.

MechDX

According to sources #Texans coach Bill O'Brien is now calling the plays, taking those duties away from offensive coordinator George Godsey

This is a good thing. Godseys play calling has been questionable to say the least

Chris will shake it off. He lives on best coast and the weather has brought out the ladies looking stunning.

I'm fine, I expect us to look that bad...I mean just look at the roster

Do phins fans like Gase so far?...

Also I expect all the Gordon stuff to leak today or this weekend, Shame. Hopefully some of these other rookie WRs step up

He's been ok, I like the stuff he does off the field but his game planning/play calling/time management has been up and down. But it's a first year head coach, new staff, terrible roster, this was what I expect from this team, I think if the oline can get healthy this offense will look better for the end of the year, the defense will remain garbage (what's funny is that Dion Jordan coming back would REALLY help lol) and we'll eek out at best 6 wins, hopefully Grier takes control of the talent acquisitions for the off-season and has a good draft/FA period. I mean look at these recent drafts..

CtkvmfdVIAAbz_O.jpg

CtkvmfeVYAAi1wA.jpg

CtkvmfoUkAApO_f.jpg

We are bottom of the league in talent...the only players I'd keep for sure going into next year:

Tunsil
Parker
Landry
Suh
Jones
Tannehill
Darr
Franks
And unsung hero John Denney

I'd try my hardest to find replacements for everyone else

I mean look at this...

4 vs 3...and two are rushing in completely untouched...

squicken

Floyd, I just want A&M to be good. Sumlin has spun his wheels and the offseason QB stuff looked like things were going to crater. They surprisingly have not. If he can get the job done then I would be glad if he stayed on. fwiw I think UT is going to struggle and Tom will end up there, and they'll have a title by 2020

gutshot

On BGN Radio yesterday they said that the NFL hasnt ruled on Lane Johnsons appeal yet due to the fact that the substance he got suspended for the first time is no longer on the banned list, so the NFLPA is arguing that this should be treated like a first offense instead. Will be interesting to see how the NFL rules, maybe a reduced suspension?

That's probably what he is going to try and argue in the appeal, but that isn't the reason a ruling hasn't come down yet. It was reported that the hearing is scheduled for Oct. 4 so we won't hear anything until then.

A reduced suspension would be great, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Floyd, I just want A&M to be good. Sumlin has spun his wheels and the offseason QB stuff looked like things were going to crater. They surprisingly have not. If he can get the job done then I would be glad if he stayed on. fwiw I think UT is going to struggle and Tom will end up there, and they'll have a title by 2020
That's what I figured.. I wasn't 100% sure though. They did look better in the little I have actually watched them compared to last year.

The Herman contest won't begin in earnest until the BIG XII stops dragging its feet and makes up its mind.

He's been ok, I like the stuff he does off the field but his game planning/play calling/time management has been up and down. But it's a first year head coach, new staff, terrible roster, this was what I expect from this team, I think if the oline can get healthy this offense will look better for the end of the year, the defense will remain garbage (what's funny is that Dion Jordan coming back would REALLY help lol) and we'll eek out at best 6 wins, hopefully Grier takes control of the talent acquisitions for the off-season and has a good draft/FA period. I mean look at these recent drafts..
Not to be that guy, but watching the Browns/phins game I personally felt Gase was getting outcoached. In fact after that game I said to myself Hue is a pretty good coach 😬

Draxal

I'm praying for my alma mater to be decent (rutgers), but the two juggernauts (meyer/harbaugh) in our division really makes it impossible at this moment

Not to be that guy, but watching the Browns/phins game I personally felt Gase was getting outcoached. In fact after that game I said to myself Hue is a pretty good coach 😬

He was but I will give him credit for adjustments in 2nd half of games, vs you guys, vs the pats and even the Seahawks, so he is learning which is a good sign but yeah he was out coached that game I agree. Vs Cincy it was just a complete lack of talent, they couldn't execute anything.

MechDX

Keith BrittonVerified account
‏@KeithBritton86
Hue Jackson: "Today really is the last Josh Gordon comment I want to make. What's best for our football team is that we move on." #Browns

Based Hue. So happy for Kave, Gobias and Floyd.

Fantomex

chris pls don't tell me you still believe in dion "didn't bust yet" jordang

Bead please, have some compassion. I know that is a foreign word to you pats fans such as justice, racial equality, forgiveness and kindness, but please. Commit a random act of kindness for once.

I'm praying for my alma mater to be decent (rutgers), but the two juggernauts (meyer/harbaugh) in our division really makes it impossible at this moment
Ash will need some time. I think he is going to go through growing pains, but I think he will be fine. Rutgers' problem as I'm sure you realize is that they need to start building a fence to keep talent in the state. That should be the foremost thing that they do to try and keep the talent in house.

The positive about Harbaugh getting Michigan's act together is that they are going to recruit nationally much like Urban has with Ohio State. That will lead to more recruits regionally for the other players in the conference for Ohio.

Based Hue. So happy for Kave, Gobias and Floyd.
I believe in this man so much.. They didn't stop playing for him and was competitive with basically scraps. Give him a roster pls..

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Remember when your team was really good and your coach was actually better than Tomlin?

Still mad that asshole beat us with a punter.

It's a mans game Harbaugh! Play like it!

You're just salty that you weren't able to sign him away from SF when you had the chance back then!

Bead please, have some compassion. I know that is a foreign word to you pats fans such as justice, racial equality, forgiveness and kindness, but please. Commit a random act of kindness for once.
Hey I can 100% vouch for my good friend bread. He is a Chargers fan to the core and not a dirty Pats fan.

Top Bottom