• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

Greg

Yeah a ton of docs play golf so I gotta get my act together. But I don't know the first thing about golf. How did you start out? Should I just go to a golf store and buy a set of clubs...?
since you're also a poor... there's a free 9-hole course 5 minutes from me

they even let you check out sets of clubs that were donated!

I haven't golfed in probably 15 years - I blame being left-handed and only having right-handed sets of clubs around me!

Here's my very realistic expectation of the next 8 months or so:

1) Jimmy Harbs wins CFB Championship, becomes annoyed at how easy it was and wants to go back to NFL
2) Cowboys don't win Superbowl
3) Stephen moves Jerry Jones to retirement home
4) Garrett fired
5) Jimmy harbs becomes Cowboys new HC
6) Prosperity
Bless your heart..

Ibio

Neo Member
Tomorrow I'll be watching the Jags/Colts game in the same box as Goodell, how do I make the most of this?

Striker

They only have two healthy safeties on the roster right now and one of them was only elevated from the practice squad a week ago. They were working out Donte Whitner this weekend, so things are quite desperate.

Also they'll probably be down two CBs against Minnesota. We fucked.
Fear Sammy.

Sanjuro

For the first time in my life, someone has eaten my lunch.

hWr8EPb.jpg

Tom Penny

Yeah a ton of docs play golf so I gotta get my act together. But I don't know the first thing about golf. How did you start out? Should I just go to a golf store and buy a set of clubs...?

I'm definitely not the one to ask. You can can get decent whole sets for a few hundred bucks nowadays. Get like a 3 pack of lessons or something then go at it.

I need to learn how to play golf. There are way too many networking opportunities to ignore it...

Randolph, I will travel to the town of See At El and teach you how to play golf.

I happen to be a master!

EDIT: Since you're just starting out, I would not recommend spending that much on clubs. You don't even know if you'll like it yet and that's a lot of money to not use!

KingBroly

Banned
Tomorrow I'll be watching the Jags/Colts game in the same box as Goodell, how do I make the most of this?

One, you need a photograph with you and him

Two, you need to make a joke about deflated balls

Three, If Luck or Bortles get hit in the head and no flag is thrown, quip that they're too young to get those kind of calls

bionic77

Ouch dude :(
Get a wedge, a driver, and a 7 iron.

Then find someone to give you a lesson on how to hold the club, address the ball and the basic mechanics of a swing.

If your teacher is good and you are not Floyd you should be making contact with one lesson.

Then go to the driving lesson 1-3 times a week for a month. After a month you will know how to use each club as a basic level.

Get a full set and play a full round at the ghettoist club you can find. You will suck and it will take forever.

Keep playing and you might be good after a year or two if you play a lot.

This shit ain't rocket science.

Fox318

Most important 3 things I could tell people about Golf

1. Keep a calm mind. Don't let your shots guide your emotions and let fustration through. Pretend you are a Vulcan.
  2. Be consisitant with your strokes. You don't always need to swing 100% but maintaing a form no matter how bad it is will allow you to plan better.
  3. Sometimes the best way to play is to play safe. Guys who hit the middle of the fareway tend to be better than guys who have the power to hit the ball long.

Narag

Most important 3 things I could tell people about Golf

1. Keep a calm mind. Don't let your shots guide your emotions and let fustration through. Pretend you are a Vulcan.
  2. Be consisitant with your strokes. You don't always need to swing 100% but maintaing a form no matter how bad it is will allow you to plan better.
  3. Sometimes the best way to play is to play safe. Guys who hit the middle of the fareway tend to be better than guys who have the power to hit the ball long.

4. Be the ball

You really need someone to teach you at golf when you are first starting out. I suppose you could youtube it but that would be a struggle.

Par 3's and driving ranges are the best.

Top Bottom