• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This tweet from Arthur sums things up pretty well RE: Team Russia :

Every international competition we say, boy, look at all that Russian skill, deadly. And every time Russia says, yes, but

Datsyuk has been invisible.

I can't remember the last time Russia played well in top lever international tournament. Their last Olympic medal is from Salt Lake City (bronze). They just can't seem to play as a team.

calder

I think the crew is right, he felt the tap of his stick on the defenders stick during that split second of scrambling and thought it was him hitting the puck

zroid

Banned
Kuznetsov and Anisimov had brutal games

Zaitsev was solid

(based on score adjusted 5v5)

edit: Zaitsev/Orlov pair actually got heavily defensive deployment, so pretty darn good showing by him considering that

John Dunbar

correct about everything
They're not eliminated

no, but looking good. if usa loses to canada (which they will), team europe just needs one point from the czech to kick them out. russia is on thin ice as well, but it was the first game in the group so we will see how it goes from here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think the biggest question is why hasn't Russia developed a number 1 defence in like 20 years
They will next WC ;)

Mikhail-Sergachev.jpg

Missed the Sweden/Russia game as I said I would. I saved it, but broke down and checked TSN on the way home. No sense in watching now.

Awaiting North America's annihilation of Finland now!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The crowd sure does love that Morgan Rielly kid and that Auston Matthews kid.

I think they might have a future. :D

zroid

Banned
Personally I think it's grossly offensive that Team North America doesn't also have the Mexican national anthem playing. Auston Matthews is half-Mexican, after all.

McDavid looks like he's aged 5 years since becoming an Oiler

lolol I said the exact same thing a couple weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom