• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Junior Hockey Championships |OT| Where Future Busts Become National Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
a012b0f2e8e23f30ee3ecbec409b821576192a430f7ab99c22f24a77f5b4003f.jpg

US going in raw

calder

Just a heads up that calder generally errs on the side of depressingly negative when it comes to hockey teams he follows.

I was quite positive about the Canadian team at Sochi! Er, that was one of the most dominant short tournament teams of all time and they crushed literally everyone with a near perfect possession game, but still I was pretty nearly satisfied with that squad.

Ok yeah I'm a bit pessimistic in general about my teams, but I'm not like CrazedArabMan level or anything.

fallout

Ok yeah I'm a bit pessimistic in general about my teams, but I'm not like CrazedArabMan level or anything.
Ha, that's true. I was mostly just ribbing you. To be honest, I really do appreciate your mostly-realistic approach to sports fandom. It's refreshing!

Basically what I'm saying is ... you're pretty cool for a guy who has to be like 80+ years old or something.

Socreges

Banned
calder has seen some shit in his days.

Where can I find highlights? Would like to see future Canucks forward and HOFer Auston Reginald Matthews light up the Swiss.

The US dominated a low-tier team that Canada could only beat in a shootout, and the Swedes held a practice during a supposed game.

Those teams are going to medal, ahead of us for sure.

The US dominated a low-tier team that Canada could only beat in a shootout, and the Swedes held a practice during a supposed game.

Those teams are going to medal, ahead of us for sure.
Dont be so sure on Sweden yet, some keypieces like Holmström and Lindblom have not impressed at all (the ones I thought would dominte) and with Nylander out the team is not deep at all on the point producing side.

I an in Sri Lanka now and will likely miss the rest of the games :(

Russia has had weird tournament. They really haven't played that well in any match and still have won all matches. Against czech czechs actually had better chances to end the game when it was 1-1. Against us (Finland) they where completely dominated for the first 35 minutes but then got one PK goal and used our abysmal PK to score couple of goals (and two goals got actually deflected from Finnish players) and now barely beat Slovaks.

zroid

Banned
Russia has had weird tournament. They really haven't played that well in any match and still have won all matches. Against czech czechs actually had better chances to end the game when it was 1-1. Against us (Finland) they where completely dominated for the first 35 minutes but then got one PK goal and used our abysmal PK to score couple of goals (and two goals got actually deflected from Finnish players) and now barely beat Slovaks.

In Canada they call that grit and resilience
:p

In Canada they call that grit and resilience
:p

I guess that is just a sign of the good team that you can win even when you play like shit lol.

In other news Finland has one centre (Siikonen) playing as a defenceman in this match as one is injured (Sopanen)and one has flu (Keskitalo). He has never played as a defenceman lol.

zroid

Banned
TSN mentioned that Canada has the most shots per game in the tournament so far. That's interesting. Hopefully more will start going in...

Meanwhile, Finland has the 2nd most. That QF will be fun. Pucks are gonna be flying.

zroid

Banned
Pastrnak is insanely good. still boggling how he fell all the way to 25th

edit: this game. Puljujarvi again. easily the most entertaining game of the tournament so far.

calder

That was quick, well done virtanen :/

Wow are Puljujarvi and Laine good. I wouldn't argue if the Jets take Puljujarvi over Matthews at this point.

Yawnier

Banned
Puljujujuarvi is so good even though he made that bad play towards the end in icing the puck. I even liked what I saw of him in the WJC last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom