• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.
incredulous.gif

;)

;_;

I guess this tournament is what it is. It's been enjoyable so whatever I guess.

ReMaKe

It's pretty close. Only players really missing are Cueto, Encarnacion and Sanchez.

It is close, but it can be a lot better. They're missing some key players like you said, encarnacion, cueto, sanchez, but they can also use david ortiz who had a better season then probably any other dominican in this team. Hanley ramirez, and arguably the greatest dominican hitter of all time in big albert. They can all start too. If it was a few years ago, you could've added ventura, and oscar tavarez. May they r.i.p.

Point is, every team is missing key players, using that as an excuse for losing is getting old.

It is close, but it can be a lot better. They're missing some key players like you said, encarnacion, cueto, sanchez, but they can also use david ortiz who had a better season then probably any other dominican in this team. Hanley ramirez, and arguably the greatest dominican hitter of all time in big albert. They can all start too. If it was a few years ago, you could've added ventura, and oscar tavarez. May they r.i.p.

Point is, every team is missing key players, using that as an excuse for losing is getting old.

Not comparable to the US not having Trout, Harper, Kershaw, etc though. Trout and Kershaw are the best position player and pitcher in the world.

It's not like 2009 where the DR didn't have prime Pujols. Not even sure 2017 Pujols even makes the squad as more than a pinch hitter.

Any DR team is gonna be up there at the top though. Too much talent

Malo

Banned

I don't count Ortiz since he's retired. Hanley plays the same position as Carlos Santana, and Santana is the better player. And old man Pujols isn't very good anymore. He'd be behind Santana and Hanley on the depth chart.

I wish the best American players would play. Watching a fully loaded USA versus a fully loaded DR would be even better than last night's game.

PR_rambo

Banned
Took care of Italy like they oughta. Not a bad start by Berrios, really just made two big mistakes on the home runs but settled in afterwards.

PR ended up batting in 29 runs in group play, the most of any country in this WBC, and also had a total margin of victory of 22. This is the best the team has looked in a while, ready for the Dominicans on tuesday

clav

Not a bad start by Berrios, really just made two big mistakes on the home runs but settled in afterwards.

Berrios. Minnesota Twins + everyone in the baseball press were so hyped on him last year.

Now no one is talking about him because of his poor MLB starts.

I think he has a decent toolset, but he needs more refinement.

Could be sneaky value this year when MLB season begins.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Desmond fractured hand in Spring Training? Quick, its too dangerous to play spring training. Lets hold the players back.

I have always found the complaint of the WBC that players might get injuried silly. Players can get injuried playing Spring Training as well.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Desmond fractured hand in Spring Training? Quick, its too dangerous to play spring training. Lets hold the players back.

I have always found the complaint of the WBC that players might get injuried silly. Players can get injuried playing Spring Training as well.

Hell, injuries can happen at any time.

Moises Alou fell off a treadmill and tore his ACL.

Joel Zumuya injured his hand while playing fucking Guitar Hero lol.

clav

Feelings vs. Facts

That said, I don't know the stats behind Spring Training injuries and WBC injuries.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
12 more runs till the Mercy rule.
Canada doesn't have random minor leaguers? It a sad joke that a retired executive is pitching.
one of the braves best pitching prospects is from Canada. Mike Soroka. But he is in A ball. But yeah, i would think they would have better options than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom