• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCrooner

I wanna like them but I find DR so hard to root for. The cockiness is way too much. If they could tone it down just a bit, they'd be so fucking great to watch.

ReMaKe

I wanna like them but I find DR so hard to root for. The cockiness is way too much. If they could tone it down just a bit, they'd be so fucking great to watch.

It's part of the culture, it's honestly something I wish america had more when it comes to baseball. They play with so much passion, it's what actually makes me like this team a lot more than just another team. I feel a lot of the teams that come from the "islands" have this passion about it.

NYCrooner

I get the DR = Passion thing. It's a great attribute in any sport. But it's borderline cocky, if not just blatant.

But if it's a cultural thing, it is what it is. They are a great team and I'll never take that away from them.

oxidax

We're not cocky, we just enjoy it very very much. It's part of our culture. Too bad you can't see that. That's on you,tho...no need to tone the enjoyment down .

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, if anything it looks cocky because DR can't stop winning but Venezuela has sucked balls and they acted largely the same today. Gotta love that about the caribbean.

Malo

Banned
fxyVMTi.jpg

Some players need the Yankees hair policy.

ReMaKe

Some crazy stats about this game, and just random facts in general for those who don't follow the wbc like that, though it might surprise those who have watched it before.

The win against USA, marks the 10th consecutive victory for the Dominican Republic, tracing back to 2013. 2013 being the year they went undefeated.

Overall they've won 16 and have lost 4 giving them an 80% winning percentage, the highest by far in the classics history.

Their last lost came at the hands of the Netherlands in extra innings due to an error. That loss disqualified them in the first round, and has been the biggest upset in the classics history to date. They did get vengeance eliminating them in the semi finals in the following classic.

America has had the same amount of losses as wins in each WBC. 2006 they went 3-3, followed by 4-4, followed by 3-3, and now they're standing is 1-1.

All that being said, Japan has won the most gold in the classics history with 2.

The leader in home runs, and rbi is F. Cepeda.

Japan, and the Dominican republic are one of the few teams that have never played each other despite them being the most successful teams in the classics history.

NYCrooner

We're not cocky, we just enjoy it very very much. It's part of our culture. Too bad you can't see that. That's on you,tho...no need to tone the enjoyment down .
I might just be on an island here. I've played organized baseball all my life and there's just always been a "way" to carry yourself during the game. I'm old school/traditional is all. I'm happy for DR and DR fans. I have A LOT of domician friends so I know how enthusiastic Dominicans can be. It's nothing personal. They are a beast team and I wish them the best.

I might just be on an island here. I've played organized baseball all my life and there's just always been a "way" to carry yourself during the game. I'm old school/traditional is all. I'm happy for DR and DR fans. I have A LOT of domician friends so I know how enthusiastic Dominicans can be. It's nothing personal. They are a beast team and I wish them the best.
The right "way" to us is playing with passion and enjoying it to the fullest cause things not always break your way.

A country that has been invaded multiple times by the USA we know it in our history all too well.

cashman

Banned

That's just in the US. Literally every other major baseball playing country has fun when they play

Choomp

Banned
The right "way" to us is playing with passion and enjoying it to the fullest cause things not always break your way.

A country that has been invaded multiple times by the USA we know it in our history all too well.

There's no "right" way to play the game. I don't know how you can actually justify that, I don't care about the DR being animated while playing, that's great if they have that much fun, but it's also fine if that's not your thing.

We'll get them again, hopefully the bullpen shows up next time.

Zetta

Well I know I'll be celebrating with my coworkers on monday about this win in the same fashion. We get easily hyped and most of the time it does seem as showboating but its not.

Edit :

No joke but this was my house during tonights win lol.

PR_rambo

Banned
BAEZZZZZZ INTO THE NIGHT GOES A 3 RUN SHOT, PUERTO RICO UP 9-4

Mexico had their chance 2 batters ago, Pagan popped up foul and the catcher lose the ball in lights. Pagan walked, and the rally started.

SIX home runs already in this WBC for Puerto Rico, 20 runs batted in, and its only been two games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom