• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

Madness

It won't necessarily be clear what could have caused the explosion for some time. The police urging caution under those circumstances is not surprising. This sort of speculation ought to be a bannable offense and I wish the NeoGAF moderators would take it more seriously.

Well you are not a moderator. So take the backseat modding elsewhere as it IS a bannable offense.

Edit: How dare I speculate it is an attack...

08Aw0Qf.jpg

Breakage

BBC News reporter speaking on BBC Five Live. He spoke to two Volunteer Paramedics who were at the concert (in that capacity) said that some of the injuries they treated was due to "lots of metal flying around" and they saw/treated wounds that were "shrapnel like".

Also mentioned, it is being treated as a Terrorist incident by police until otherwise ordered (as would be expected).
Damn, sounds like a nail bomb. Reporter on LBC radio saying journos saying it was kind of device.

RangerX

Banned
That sound like a huge explosion in the video that sky news are showing. Not a lot of point in speculating with so little Information. Fair play to the emergency services for responding so efficiently. Thinking of those who have died.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Yes, this image is probably fake and there are few images that get trotted out on social media every time there's a terrorist incident but if you look around there are videos/pictures too graphic for mainstream news that seem far too difficult to fake that point towards this being an attack of some kind.

Can you edit that out, I tried to un-embed it, but a mod deleted it, so I assume it's not allowed to be posted.

Mortemis

Banned
Horrifying news. :( Doesn't sound like a freak accident, but I'll wait for confirmation of what did it.

Hope the best for those affected.

LiK

Make sure to only post from official sources! Man, I hate people posting fake shit on social media.

Hex

Banned
Very messed up, though I think it is good and bad that we have not heard more.
I want them to have facts, but if it is taking this long to get facts it is vexing.
I do not want this to be negligence of stupid balloons yet I also do not want it to be an attack. Fucking Trump would have a field day.

I remember an episode of NCIS (I do not usually watch it, though I do love NCIS :NO) but they did a test to do the perfect terrorist hit and Abbie the forensic chick came up with one where they used Balloons at a major event that would explode and send chemical weapons into the air, and they had a second bit of them near the air intake.
Always weird.

Wes

venison crêpe
Only thing that seems to be getting agreed upon by witness accounts is that the explosion took place near a foyer location around the start of the encore.

Audioboxer

Only thing that seems to be getting agreed upon by witness accounts is that the explosion took place near a foyer location around the start of the encore.

BBC report police are saying this as well, explosion in the foyer. The panicking in the main concert hall from earlier videos is obviously not the foyer.

MIMIC

Banned
BBC I'm watching (BBC World News) now confirms that it's being treated as a "possible terrorism incident." No official casualties from them yet, but said it might be in the "double figures."

Top Bottom