• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

sflufan

Banned
Note: the "Victoria Station" in question is NOT the one in London.

There is a "Victoria Station" near the Manchester venue.

100ppp

Thanks. This was what I was wondering. I understand helium is inert, but I can't wrap my head around what would happen if the tank ruptured and all the contents of a tanks were released at once. The result of all that pressure released at once would have to cause some damage?

The weak point of any tank or cylinder is the valve since most industrial cylinders are around an inch or so thick. They'd need to be exposed to a tremendous amount heat for a very long time for it to actually rupture. But again, it would be the area around the valve that went first, which would cause all the energy released to be in one direction more or less.

Makes me so angry that idiots on Twitter are making fake "reported missing" tweets and using like YouTubers in the photos. Think of the parents who ACTUALLY can't reach their kids. Hate social media during times like this.

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC Home Affairs Correspondent:

@BBCDanielS 3m3 minutes ago
The North West Counter Terrorism Unit is treating the incident at #ManchesterArena as a possible terrorist incident.

Five Live says Daniel has also spoken to Whitehall and Police sources which have said the number of "casualties" are in the double figures - but these are very early estimates.

BBC I'm watching (BBC World News) now confirms that it's being treated as a "possible terrorism incident." No official casualties from them yet, but said it might be in the "double figures."
Yeah they said "North West counter terrorism unit treating it as a possible terrorism incident"

MIMIC

Banned
BBC World News:

08Aw0Qf.jpg

SOR5

Massively unconfirmed and possibly BS tweets saying a gunman is outside Oldham Hospital

Stay safe greater Manchester if that's true

EDIT: Reported from caller on BBC Radio Manchester, again nothing to confirm and likely to be bullshit lies

Xando

BBC Home Affairs Correspondent:

@BBCDanielS 3m3 minutes ago
The North West Counter Terrorism Unit is treating the incident at #ManchesterArena as a possible terrorist incident.

Five Live says Daniel has also spoken to Whitehall and Police sources which have said the number of "casualties" are in the double figures - but these are very early estimates.
Quoting again because people still talk about fucking helium and some stupid american trying to be edgy
Tweets saying a gunman is outside Oldham Hospital

Stay safe GREATER Manchester if that's true
If you post shit like this either provide a link to a credible source or don't bother posting

Top Bottom