• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Wish this shit would stop. Unbelievably horrible.

What are extremists with that worldview doing in England?

kaiju

These tweets were sent a few hours before the incident, account now deleted. Take with grain of salt but a bit unnerving to say the least.

DAeBz9SWAAAYA3i.jpg:large

DAeFCrEXYAQlD29.jpg:large

Unfortunately, the experts who predicted the UK would eventually suffer from a terrorist attack apparently were right. Terrifying when the UK has some of the best security services.

RIP to all the victims

Wvrs

I've got friends in Manchester, doubt any of them would be at that concert but all the same, closest to home stuff like this has ever been for me.

Yo... stop posting tweets from non-official sources SHIT.

Like damn that is the most infuriating thing that happens during events like these.

iMax

These tweets were sent a few hours before the incident, account now deleted. Take with grain of salt but a bit unnerving to say the least.

What source says it was posted 3 hours before? No time zone listed.

edit: Also date format strongly implies a US time zone. That means ET at the earliest, so 23:32 UK time, which is when the news broke.

Police are treating it as a terrorist attack. It's all over the last few pages?

A large explosion will always be treated as a terrorist attack as they probably have protocols in place to respond to anything explosion related formulated as part of their terrorist response teams.

sflufan

Banned
Unfortunately, the experts who predicted the UK would eventually suffer from a terrorist attack apparently were right. Terrifying when the UK has some of the best security services.

RIP to all the victims

The UK has suffered from terrorist incidents from either Irish Republicans or Islamists for a very, very long time, so such prognostication by "experts" isn't particularly insightful.

Mindwipe

Yeah, take this with a grain of salt.

There were a lot of false "here is a social media claim that happened before the attack" tweets with the Westminster incident, so I'm not sure I'd buy that yet.

Not least because those tweets feel like something the UK security services would have jumped on very quickly.

Oregano

I've got friends in Manchester, doubt any of them would be at that concert but all the same, closest to home stuff like this has ever been for me.

Some of my friends were there, luckily they are okay as far as I know. I probably knew quite a few people working there tonight as well. Really not a good feeling.:(

IIRC you go upstairs in Victoria station, and then there's a foyer with a McDonalds, other fast food places, etc, and some stairs which connect into the arena right? Is that the main entrance into the arena?

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC RADIO FIVE LIVE:

Media told to move urgently by police. Second suspect device. Controlled explosion due.

Edit: Officers on the ground told him to move back 200ft.

RIP to all the victims

This sort of stuff was inevitable given the amount of radicalised muslims in this country. No doubt the security services have foiled plots in the past that we'll never know about. This is a new low though - targeting somewhere where there are unaccompanied kids. Fucking despicable.

RPGCrazied

I'm no fan of Trump but I don't think people rushing to comment on this as it's developing should be a thing.

Obama did every single time one of these happened. He was always in front of a podium talking about it.

I'm done. I said this is horrible and rip to the victims.

Wow, what on earth

I live in Manchester city centre about 15 minutes from here, I was at a graduation ball this evening and am just hearing about this

Terrible..

SOR5

IIRC you go upstairs in Victoria station, and then there's a foyer with a McDonalds, other fast food places, etc, and some stairs which connect into the arena right? Is that the main entrance into the arena?

That's the one, it's a wide open area with one McDonald's in the corner

The UK has suffered from terrorist incidents from either Irish Republicans or Islamists for a very, very long time, so such prognostication by "experts" isn't particularly insightful.

True, but I was referring to the context of previous terror attacks (France, Germany, Belgium).

Top Bottom