• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

Metro bombing right?

A bus as well.

Fucking hell. I am just shaking here tonight. Luckily I've been able to make it back by foot, but I can do nothing but just shiver especially after seeing the police update. To target a concert fully booked full of young people is fucking sickening.

My little brother was going to go to this concert but my folks and I wouldn't let him go alone. I was going to go with him if he had won.

....I want to go hug him now.

Oh Jesus. Thank goodness.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Fuck.
8JBupZO.png
This guy is a CBS News correspondent.

Nakasan

My little brother was going to go to this concert but my folks and I wouldn't let him go alone. I was going to go with him if he had won.

....I want to go hug him now.

Do it. I've just been to hug my kid even though it's 30 odd miles away.

Just fucking awful.

Fuck.

This guy is a CBS News correspondent.
This is heartbreaking. I feel for the families and friends, the injured, and all the poor distraught witnesses, many of which will be very young and in shock. Awful.

I love Manchester and I'm proud of our truly multicultural city. No attempt to destroy it will ever work.

KZObsessed

I've lived in Manchester most of my life. I work in Manchester. My little brother goes to Uni there. This is scary. God bless the emergency services though, amazing people.

lenovox1

Where the fuck is NBC news getting all this information? They're not at the scene and actual UK news I'm watching and following via local TV (I'm in Birmingham) aren't saying fuck all about suicide bombings, gunmen outside hospitals and 100s being killed.

Why the hell are US news sites posting this shit? I'm sure as hell people who live in Manchester and if they're seeing that news via twitter or Facebook are probably freaking the fuck out.

Are they not on the scene? Every news organization has a remote post in Europe.

CDV13

RIP. Horrible. Still nothing from Trump. What a leader.

God damn. Some of you people on this site need to get a fucking grip. 19 people are known dead, probably including children with 200 more reported injured and your mind goes to Trump. No one cares what he thinks right now. Fuck off.

Sorry but stop this shit.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My dad was a detective, and I've studied true crime for over 10 years, but one thing I'll never get used to is the fact that there are people out there who are made happy and get pleasure out of seeing innocent people they've never met suffer and in agony.

It's the reality of this world, and it'll never change. It's impossible for any sane person to ever relate to that line of thinking. Empathy is important and some people either don't have it or did have it and it was overridden by anger.

Oersted

Being the largest terrorist attack in Great Britain since the 2005 London bombings is a really weird thing to confirm, whoever supposedly confirmed it.

The relevant things would be a confirmation of being a terrorist attack and how many died, not a LARGEST ATTACK SINCE...

Audioboxer

God damn. Some of you people on this site need to get a fucking grip. 19 people are known dead, probably including children with 200 more reported injured and your mind goes to Trump. No one cares what he thinks right now. Fuck off.

Sorry but stop this shit.

50 confirmed injured. That came directly from Manchester police. It was an American station saying 200 which has not came from our police forces.

RedHill

Banned
Hopefully we'll see some donation system set up soon to help out the families of the victims. I hope witnesses and the injured get the proper therapy and medical treatment to get through this.

Do they do bag searches like they do in the US in the UK? I'm just curious.

We do normally and most of the time, but from what I've heard on live radio from reports of people unharmed have said they didn't really bother to look into bags because most of the attendees were young.

I'm petty sure the security there are going to be in huge fucking trouble.

Wes

venison crêpe
Are they not on the scene? Every news organization has a remote post in Europe.
Generally, more speculation is done by news organisations when they're reporting on incidents occuring in other countries compared to those occuring in their own.

In particular, in the UK, the BBC and Sky (and ITN) typically wont speculate until they have confirmed sources in established positions stating such things.

Weckum

BREAKING: Suicide bomber suspected in Manchester Arena explosion - two U.S. officials.

Source: Reuters

https://twitter.com/Reuters?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I don't know if Reuters has independenly confirmed this or if they're going by CBS news, so don't assume it's true for now.

Also, regarding the second explosion:

Officers carrying out a precautionary controlled explosion in Cathedral Garden confirm that it was abandoned clothing, not a suspicious item

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status...Update_1c9da05e-3f51-11e7-b6c0-0e6315a0550e/0

So yeah, cautionary thing.

Top Bottom