• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25$ off 50$ order at jet.com New Tomb Raider, PS4 Controller and BLOPS 3 PS4 & More!!

Raven77

Ha BLOPS 3 went from 32 dollars to 72 dollars...uhh NO THANKS.

Won't ever shop at this site again. If you don't want to give people a deal, then just don't do the damn deal.

SWEET. One of my controlls is pure shit, the triggers only work sometimes and the analog stick doesn't recognize walking forward. Out of warranty. I'll just pickup a new one and hope they got better in the last two years
they didn't

lt519

Deals this year are FUCKING INSANE. this game is two weeks old and I got it for half price.

What is crazy is that the deals are good but all these websites are competing for sales with their own promo codes on top of all of these new checkout systems (Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, American Express Checkout) competing for users with codes. Add in a credit card cash back promo from AmEx or Chase and all the sudden you are getting stupid crazy deals stacking. Pulled off a 960GB SSD for essentially $150 last night when it was originally marked down to $200.

I still have a $15 off $60 on Amazon I plan on using Friday and a $25 off $200 at Tiger Direct that I'm sure I'll find a way to use on Friday.

May use this to grab Divinity, but I really wanted to play it Friday and this weekend so may just wait for the Gamestop $40 deal.

Guys. Jet didn't just jack up the prices for kicks. What likely happened is that your nearest distribution center sold out of copies of the game, and the price adjusted accordingly based on shipped prices from another distro. That's Jet's thing. From Wiki:

One of the major distinguishing features of Jet is the "realtime pricing algorithm" which, according to cofounder Marc Lore, aims to gauge "the true marginal cost of getting that product to [customers]".[9] Items are priced based on location in distribution centers. If, for example, a user would like to purchase two items located in the same distribution center, the price would be low. If, however, the user, adds a third item located in a different distribution facility, the price increases.[9] The site makes no profit from any of the items it sells; rather, profit is made through the membership fee.[9] If a user waives his/her right to return an item, the item also decreases in price. Paying in a less expensive form of payment, for example, debit over credit, allows the price to be decreased as well. The Jet membership also allows users to shop at partnering stores such as TigerDirect.com and Sony Store to shop for items.

Raven77

Guys. Jet didn't just jack up the prices for kicks. What likely happened is that your nearest distribution center sold out of copies of the game, and the price adjusted accordingly based on shipped prices from another distro. That's Jet's thing. From Wiki:

I'm okay with this, except that I already had the item in my cart and was in the process of checking out, suddenly the price goes up to $72...that shouldn't happen.

Drek

Ordered the magma red PS4 controller. A contemporary controller for less than $30 is a one time only level deal so can't really pass even though I got three already. Battery life is so bad though that this is worth it.

dralla

Managed to get Divinity PS4 for $35, which is better than any BF price I've seen for it. I did want Mario Maker too..but the praise raise killed it, oh well

TheRed

Im trying to buy the red ps4 controller and when I view in cart and apply the code it works and shows $28 but when I proceed to checkout it doesn't work and stays at $53.

Raven77

The discount seems to work until I get to membership creation then it goes back to regular price :/

I sent them an email explaining that right now their site is looking very shady. They are responding and admitting that their seems to be some issues. The site showed Blops 3 for 57 pre-discount, let me add it, told me to enter all my credit card info, etc. then on the final step it gave me a frowny face and said the item is no longer available, even though I can see it on there right now.

I sent them an email explaining that right now their site is looking very shady. They are responding and admitting that their seems to be some issues. The site showed Blops 3 for 57 pre-discount, let me add it, told me to enter all my credit card info, etc. then on the final step it gave me a frowny face and said the item is no longer available, even though I can see it on there right now.
Guess I'll wait and see if things get sorted out.

Jakoo

Im trying to buy the red ps4 controller and when I view in cart and apply the code it works and shows $28 but when I proceed to checkout it doesn't work and stays at $53.

Same thing is occurring for me. What a buggy site. I wonder if it's because the Red controller is sold by a "trusted partner" and not Jet itself?

Jobbs

Banned
This sounds like a threat. I think they're angry that I got it for $28.

QV1lyQC.png

Jameson

25% off coupon reverted to a 20% off for some reason. Red DS4 came out to 34$, is this happening to anyone here?

TheRed

Same thing is occurring for me. What a buggy site. I wonder if it's because the Red controller is sold by a "trusted partner" and not Jet itself?

I just think it's a problem with this code, I was able to get the discount to show using NEWTOJET code but its only $20 off, still good deal for the controller but idk if I want to wait for them to maybe fix this one.

Jakoo

Same for me. Rumor on CAG is they took down the code.

Rumor Confirmed: just got this email from Jet about the code in OP:

Thanks for reaching out to Jet.

I'm very sorry to hear the promo is not working for you. I have looked in to this a little further and, unfortunately, that code is no longer active. That was a "while supplies last" code and the supply is now out. If this is your first order with Jet, you are welcome to use "20NOW" which will take 20% off your order. This does have a maximum discount of $50. I wasn't able to find an account with your email, so please keep in mind you will need to complete your account before the code will actually apply to your cart.

Guess I missed the boat....

James93

I'm very sorry to hear the promo is not working for you. I have looked in to this a little further and, unfortunately, that code is no longer active. That was a "while supplies last" code and the supply is now out. If this is your first order with Jet, you are welcome to use "20NOW" which will take 20% off your order. This does have a maximum discount of $50. I wasn't able to find an account with your email, so please keep in mind you will need to complete your account before the code will actually apply to your cart.

33 is still a good deal

TheRed

Dang that sucks, I'm okay with using NEWTOJET code and getting $20 off, it's better than the 20% one and $34 is still a good deal for the controller.

Jakoo

Dang that sucks, I'm okay with using NEWTOJET code and getting $20 off, it's better than the 20% one and $34 is still a good deal for the controller.

Yep, I'm going to use NEWTOJET code to get the Magma Red Controller. That seems to be working AOK for me.

Jameson

Decide to buy one at 34$. Finally able to join that "Have 2 DS4 Master Race"
/s
, Having a back up will help with battery issues.

lt519

Sounds like people are starting to abuse the deal by making multiple accounts. Shame

Shame people can't just use a deal once and move on, people need to abuse them and ruin the fun for everyone. I always keep an eye on SlickDeals, happens a lot there.

Top Bottom