• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25$ off 50$ order at jet.com New Tomb Raider, PS4 Controller and BLOPS 3 PS4 & More!!

Tigress

I tried ordering a PS4 controller but they took off the savings when I got to the register new user screen (like before I even registered). I'm not going to order from some unknown site (though at least seems known here) for full price especially when they acknowledge the code and then mysteriously take it away (and refuse to add it back on). And no, they didn't price hike me. They just removed the savings code off and set the savings to 0 and it went back to the price of 65 dollars.

Wish I hadn't already entered CC info and stuff so that they have that on file :/.

I'll just hope gamestop is letting me get their black friday sales online like I was going to do before.

DAMN. Looks like I got this a few minutes before all the shady price hikes and pull of the code.

ViPrDJg.png

Grio

Neo Member
Note that this works on all products for the site, not just the ones listed. Got Yoshi's Island and Zelda for the 3ds for peanuts. :)

What the hell....

Tried to buy the controller for the cheap price and it was the correct price when I put it in the cart now it changed it near the end of the checkout process.

Boo

Tigress

What the hell....

Tried to buy the controller for the cheap price and it was the correct price when I put it in the cart now it changed it near the end of the checkout process.

Boo

Yeah, did it to me too (posted a few posts above you).

This isn't really a good practice to make me feel I can trust their site. I removed my card and set my password to something long htat I won't remember anyways cause i don't think I'll use them (I want a secure password since they had my CC info once but don't really care to bother to go through the effort I need to make sure I'll remember it). It just feels very scammy when they do shit like that. Like they were hoping I didn't notice the savings code went away and I was paying full price.

Yeah, did it to me too (posted a few posts above you).

This isn't really a good practice to make me feel I can trust their site. I removed my card and set my password to something long htat I won't remember anyways cause i don't think I'll use them. It just feels very scammy when they do shit like that. Like they were hoping I didn't notice the savings code went away and I was paying full price.

Ya I love that they changed it AFTER I gave them my credit card info....

EDIT: I guess I shouldn't worry too much since we have people here vouching for them but still...

James93

Sadly all these problems are from people abusing the code. Not the company. Jet is a fine company, Just wrapped up a 350 million dollar round of capital

Raven77

Sadly all these problems are from people abusing the code. Not the company. Jet is a fine company, Just wrapped up a 350 million dollar round of capital

The other code no longer works either. When people are making 4 or 5 accounts its not suprising

That makes no sense. Why would Jet care about people making multiple accounts. The item still gets sold. If they care because it keeps new customers from being able to buy items in certain cases, shutting the code down only makes that situation worse...much worse.

James93

That makes no sense. Why would Jet care about people making multiple accounts. The item still gets sold. If they care because it keeps new customers from being able to buy items in certain cases, shutting the code down only makes that situation worse...much worse.

Because they are loosing money

Tigress

I was a potential new customer. I just tried to use the code once and it removed it after I put in my cc info. How is that me abusing and why am I supposed to think they are a fine company after that? Maybe they should pay more attention to stopping the scammers rather than punishing potential new customers so their first impression is bad. Yeah. This has made a bad impression on me and I won't be using them. Never heard of them til now and this is already my experience with them? You will have to excuse me for being wary after this.

Raven77

Because they are loosing money

Well, when you put out a code for money off, you will then lose that revenue. Shouldn't that be...expected?

Why not shut that persons address out of the deal and not allow the accounts to do another order? Wouldn't that only punish the abusers and not innocent people who just want to try out their site? After this fiasco I'll never use Jet again. I've essentially been punished for other peoples actions. Not to mention they took my credit card info and personal info after saying an item was available only to remove it from my cart at the last second stating it was "not available" (even though it shows available still right now...)

Edit: Tigress gets it.

Neo_Geo

Banned
We understand where you're coming from but this is where "this is why we can't have nice things" comes into play. It was being abused, so they really had no choice but to stop the deal. It's not the fault of Jet.com. It does suck, but that's what happens when you have assholes abusing something like this.

EDIT: Just used the NEWTOJET coupon code myself and it worked. Could have had $5 more off if people didn't fuck it up for everyone, but still a great deal for new customers.

Just yesterday we were wondering if the same deal would be available for the magma red and here it is. But nope, upon giving your card details, the price resets back to $ 53.

Tigress

We understand where you're coming from but this is where "this is why we can't have nice things" comes into play. It was being abused, so they really had no choice but to stop the deal. It's not the fault of Jet.com. It does suck, but that's what happens when you have assholes abusing something like this.

EDIT: Just used the NEWTOJET coupon code myself and it worked. Could have had $5 more off if people didn't fuck it up for everyone, but still a great deal for new customers.

Fine. Then don't stop the deal after I already entered payment info and was in the process of ordering it. This feels like they were hoping I wouldn't notice. I wouldn't have felt nearly as wary of them if the code didn't work when I first entered it and would have just felt like I missed out on the deal. How they did it feels really scammy to me and gives off a worse impression than just not giving it.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Fine. Then don't stop the deal after I already entered payment info and was in the process of ordering it. This feels like they were hoping I wouldn't notice. I wouldn't have felt nearly as wary of them if the code didn't work when I first entered it and would have just felt like I missed out on the deal. How they did it feels really scammy to me and gives off a worse impression than just not giving it.

Iron your undergarments and calm down. :p I seriously doubt they're trying to rip anyone off, understand what it's like to be overwhelmed by thousands of scammers hitting your site at once.

The changing of the order total after entering CC details near the end of checkout is pretty shitty though. Best course of action would be to raise the issue with their customer service department after using the $20 off $50 coupon that should still work as good faith. I wouldn't be surprised if they compensated the extra $5 to you in some way. I'm going to try that.

How does Jet even have ps2 games and memory cards in stock? This is a brand new site and that stuff is old and probably not in high demand. Did they buy another companies crap just to have stuff to sell?

Do they have playstation network cards? I haven't been able to find one.

Have you ever heard "it's cheaper to keep a customer than to get a new customer?"

Once you have someone, a dollar off, buy 4 get 1 free, these little things can make people think "I love Jet!" But to WIN people over, Jet is saying "Ok, let's give $25 away to get one potential member."

They are ok with $25 per person. They are not ok with $25 x 2, or 5 per person. They should have a better way to avoid this, it hurts them in the end, but not as much as losing $100+ per people that will never use their site again.

source: i'm a marketing supervisor

MechDX

Visit Slickdeals and CAG and see how many people are using this code multiple times and mostly on the same item.

Once again it is the resellers abusing deals so regular people can't get in on it.

I used the "new to jet code" and got my kid a couple Marvel Slect figures and a Mega Blok Halo set for $30 for Christmas. Still a good deal as those select figures are $25 each everywhere else.

benzy

They need to change their code system entry to be more current as the promo code basically just expired, but even if you did accidentally order it without noticing the price change, they notify you on the next confirmation page (with total paid) that you're given 30 minutes to fully cancel the order with a countdown right after you hit submit.

James93

How does Jet even have ps2 games and memory cards in stock? This is a brand new site and that stuff is old and probably not in high demand. Did they buy another companies crap just to have stuff to sell?

Do they have playstation network cards? I haven't been able to find one.

Most of there business is matching your order to one of their partners. Most of our stuff comes from another store not jet

hbkdx12

Thanks for the headsup on new to jet.

I used it on the magma ps4 controller. I was scared to take my time to look around on the site for other stuff fearing they'd nix that code as well.

Matticers

Boo. The coupon listed for $25 off in my cart but at the last screen of the checkout, it switched to $20 off. Pretty lame. I would've bought Tomb Raider for $33. For $38 and the little switch that they're doing, I'm going to pass.

Courage

If anyone is still interested, they currently got Rise of the Tomb Raider for $49.99. If you add another cheap item and push it to $50, you can use the NEWTOJET code and get 20 bucks off and spend a little over 30 altogether.

Lucky for me I got resident evil revelations 2 and tearaway both for $38 before all this scumbag bullshit started happening.How the hell do they get away with that shit?

James93

Lucky for me I got resident evil revelations 2 and tearaway both for $38 before all this scumbag bullshit started happening.How the hell do they get away with that shit?

Most companies don't expect people to make multiple accounts to abuse a discount code. Very rarely is there any thing put in place

Smidget

If anyone is still interested, they currently got Rise of the Tomb Raider for $49.99. If you add another cheap item and push it to $50, you can use the NEWTOJET code and get 20 bucks off and spend a little over 30 altogether.

What's the cheapest filler item around?

My Mario Maker arrived today! Was lucky enough to have the place really close to me. lol

Mario Maker for 32 dollars can't be beat this soon.

lol the $25 discount turned into a $20 discount, lets see if we can make this work correctly... Nope guess not, bummer, maybe they'll have a new code tomorrow :p

Aselith

So I got my order today, I had ordered Devil Survivor 2 and LBX and was sent two copies of LBX lmao. Good first look for sure!

Top Bottom