• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 New Ben and Jerry's Flavors and more

Davey Cakes

I wish they would make "smooth" ice cream, without all that chunky shit in it. I like their ice creams, but I'm not a fan of chunky hard shit in it - if it can't melt in my mouth, it doesn't belong in the ice cream!
I don't know. In my experience, all of the "chunky shit" is what makes B&J...B&J.

If you want you can always go for their plain vanilla (lol). Seems like a waste of money though.

Plus honestly, most of what they put in the ice cream generally melts pretty well. They don't use that horrible waxy chocolate that some brands do.

Ernest

Banned
I don't know. In my experience, all of the "chunky shit" is what makes B&J...B&J.

If you want you can always go for their plain vanilla (lol). Seems like a waste of money though.
Well, I don't mind some stuff, just nothing crunchy. My kingdom for a smooth peanut butter ice cream! Not chocolate or vanilla with peanut butter swirls, no - straight up PB ice cream, with no "PB cups" in it, nothing hard (swirls of PB are okay), but this doesn't seem to exist.

notsol337

marked forever
I love Ben and Jerry's, but my teeth are far too sensitive to eat any of their stuff since I can't chew up the cold and delicious chunks.

It makes me sad.

Davey Cakes

Well, I don't mind some stuff, just nothing crunchy. My kingdom for a smooth peanut butter ice cream! Not chocolate or vanilla with peanut butter swirls, no - straight up PB ice cream, with no "PB cups" in it, nothing hard (swirls of PB are okay), but this doesn't seem to exist.
I get what you're talking about. Just PB ice cream with PB swirls would be amazing.

Davey Cakes

hugocésar;247293868 said:
I just want more dairy free options.
I'd like to try one of the dairy-free ones just for kicks but they NEVER go on sale. I'll do $3.50 for a pint but not $5.50-$6.00. No friggin' way.

Linkura

We already had a thread a while back. I've had Oat of this Swirled, it's good. Can't do the others because I hate almonds and I'm allergic to pecans.

My mainstay B&J's flavor is still Cinnamon Buns, and my husband's is Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz. One Love and Americone Dream are also great. They stiffed us bigtime on our last Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough pint- it was basically vanilla with a tiny amount of chocolate chips and cookie dough, so I just can't recommend it even though it's great when they don't stiff you.

Poppy

i've felt really reluctant to buy half baked anymore because i live in a state with legal weed and i'm afraid it will make the cashier look at me like i'm a stoner

i mean i just try not to broadcast the fact

The ice cream is so good, possibly my favorite, but it's literally over 100 grams of sugar and something like 250% D.V. saturated fat per pint. I don't know about everyone else, but I can easily kill a whole little one of these in a sitting. Too dangerous for my health, weight, blood sugar, I no longer buy them.

Davey Cakes

The ice cream is so good, possibly my favorite, but it's literally over 100 grams of sugar and something like 250% D.V. saturated fat per pint. I don't know about everyone else, but I can easily kill a whole little one of these in a sitting. Too dangerous for my health, weight, blood sugar, I no longer buy them.
Self control?

I buy B&J because I enjoy it and can be satiated by a spoonful.

ZeoVGM

Banned
84ef422edb8022028ce40c07b0905ebe--anti-trump-meme-trump-humor.jpg

Linkura

Who the fuck eats a whole pint in a sitting? It takes my husband and me like two weeks to go through a pint.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Hell naa. I fucking love crunchy/chewy bits in ice cream. I need some texture variation.

Snagret

hugocésar;247293868 said:
I just want more dairy free options.

I'd like to try one of the dairy-free ones just for kicks but they NEVER go on sale. I'll do $3.50 for a pint but not $5.50-$6.00. No friggin' way.
I bought one by accident one time and never finished it, had a weird flavor.

If you're looking for dairy free ice-cream, this specific flavor of SO Delicious is legit better than regular ice cream (and the same price as a pint of B&J)
scc-big.png

Linkura

Are you and your husband ants?

Most human beings can burn through a pint easily in one sitting.

I guess it's called self-control. We only eat it after a meal because I have issues processing sugar without a full stomach. Can't really handle much more than a few spoonfuls.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
jve07HF.png

Urban Bourbon: Burnt Caramel Ice Cream with Almonds, Fudge Flakes & Bourbon Caramel Swirls

Truffle Kerfuffle: Vanilla Ice Cream with Roasted Pecans, Fudge Flakes & a Salted Chocolate Ganache Swirl

Oats of this Swirled: Buttery Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Fudge Flakes & Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookie Swirls

Haven't all three of these been out pretty much all year? Oat of this Swirled and Urban Bourbon are both great, by the way.

Can't find chocolate cherry Garcia anywhere :(

I guess it's called self-control. We only eat it after a meal because I have issues processing sugar without a full stomach. Can't really handle much more than a few spoonfuls.

Dunno if I would call that self control over dietary restriction or something like that

Diabetus!

I love Ben and Jerries but its really awful. Doesnt this company pretend to be socially responsible and good for the planet too while giving everyone diabetus?

Davey Cakes

Diabetus!

I love Ben and Jerries but its really awful. Doesnt this company pretend to be socially responsible and good for the planet too while giving everyone diabetus?
No one's getting diabetus from eating Ben & Jerry's.

Unless they eat it a pint at a time. ;)

I bought one by accident one time and never finished it, had a weird flavor.

If you're looking for dairy free ice-cream, this specific flavor of SO Delicious is legit better than regular ice cream (and the same price as a pint of B&J)
scc-big.png

Had this recently, was great.

But it can't beat the GOAT

50262546_Alt04

noomi

The B&J non dairy ice cream is seriously good. Who would have thought dairy free ice cream could be so amazing..

Not a single mention of the true GOAT?

everything-but-the-detail.png

The Best.

Also lol @ 2 weeks for a pint, like that's "normal".

Nothing wrong with killing one of these in one go, just don't do it often probably a good idea.

Top Bottom