• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 suspects confess to killing 6 with baseball bats in dispute over Xbox

shuri

Banned
from cnn

Florida sheriff: At least 3 suspects confess to killing 6 with baseball bats in dispute over Xbox video game console. Details soon

It is a bit.. short on defail, I know ;)

Bregor

"Officials struggling to come up with a motive for the crime believe the killings were committed over the theft of some clothes and an Xbox game system owned by Victorino," who has a criminal record for assault, a statement from the sheriff's office said.

When they need dental records and tissue samples to identify the victims you know it must have been messy. They even took out the dog... wtf?

Hang, draw, quarter or fry please

shuri

Banned
Don't be silly, this is America, they'll get 10 years, they'll stay in for 3; get movies and books deal and end up richer than you.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Dispute started when someone decided to call a Xbox player a Xdude. More details to come.

FUCKKKkkkk. That's so wrong. The humour just went out of this thing after I read that CNN article. Its not really about the console; its just not a good thing that something like a console cause the loss of so many innocent lives.

How the fuck do you bash someone's head into a mangled pulp and live with yourself?

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
TheGreenGiant said:
How the fuck do you bash someone's head into a mangled pulp and live with yourself?

Because you've been trained by Rockstar's murder simulators, apparently.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
shuri said:
Don't be silly, this is America, they'll get 10 years, they'll stay in for 3; get movies and books deal and end up richer than you.

So true but yet so sad.

Trevelyon

Wow, just wow. Killing six people over one Xbox?!

Shit.... I would've given them mine for free, if they payed postage.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
av-1587.gif

shpankey

not an idiot
Let this be a lesson to thieves out there. Some people will kill you if you steal from them. It's wrong, their crazy etc... but think twice before you rip someone off. Crazy freaks like this take stealing extremely serious apparently. Stealing an Xbox was not worth their lives.

Bregor

shpankey said:
Let this be a lesson to thieves out there. Some people will kill you if you steal from them. It's wrong, their crazy etc... but think twice before you rip someone off. Crazy freaks like this take stealing extremely serious apparently. Stealing an Xbox was not worth their lives.

Oh please.

Phoenix

Well I guess Microsoft can throw out the "XBox, so good you'd kill for it" marketing campaign.

And if you think that's bad - just wait until the next generation starts. Will all the players wanting stuff from IBM and IBM already having yield issues serving Apple I expect rioting and looting in the streets when the next generation consoles sell out on day one and trickle in 5 per week through Christmas.

Lord help us if they all launch at the same time... WW3 will start right there in Fishkill, NY.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Dr.Headshot should make sure these people will be good members of the society in future.

For some reason i must think of Clockwork Orange.

shuri

Banned
Wow that means you nearly got caught in that massacre. Thanks god you managed to escape from those thugs! You are a survivor

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
shpankey said:
People will kill for a lot "less". You don't have to do anything wrong and you get killed by someone. Is there a lesson to learn there too?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This is fucking horrible. Six people were beaten to death, beyond the point of being identified, over maybe $400 worth of shit. Dear god. That's pretty fuckin' funny, guys. :|

Reading about this made me think of the Wonderland murders. They used lead pipes, though.

bjork

Did they use bats because the three killers combined couldn't lift that Xhouse up and drop it on the other people? </2001>

:rimshot:

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
kaching said:
People will kill for a lot "less". You don't have to do anything wrong and you get killed by someone. Is there a lesson to learn there too?

Right, but this involves someone doing something directly to someone else and at the end result being killed.
Indirect causes (such as being at the wrong place at the wrong time) and getting killed are a different case.
There's nothing wrong with a healthy fear of committing a crime.

Lambtron said:
This is fucking horrible. Six people were beaten to death, beyond the point of being identified, over maybe $400 worth of shit. Dear god. That's pretty fuckin' funny, guys. :|

It should be an easy life in prison without parole case. Anyone that'd kill over something like that should never be let on the streets again.

Bregor

RevenantKioku said:
Right, but this involves someone doing something directly to someone else and at the end result being killed.
Indirect results (such as being at the wrong place at the wrong time) and getting killed are a different case.

No, this is not a result of the theft of an Xbox. This is the result of a psychopathic attitude that places little value on human life.

vesuvious

Banned
There are 6 people dead over this. I don't think its appropriate for some of you to make light of this situation. It's not funny. This is outrageous and one has to wonder how f'd up this world has to be for this to happen.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Bregor said:
No, this is not a result of the theft of an Xbox. This is the result of a psychopathic attitude that places little value on human life.

They didn't go out and kill six random people, did they?

This is allowed to happen because the death sentence isn't issued enough.

Bregor

RevenantKioku said:
They didn't go out and kill six random people, did they?

No they killed six people who had done nothing that even remotely justified such treatment. The cause is the irrational anger of the killers, not anything that the victims did.

And I have no idea what you mean to imply by bringing up the death penalty. If you think it would have deterred the victims from taking the Xbox, or the murders from committing this atrocity, then you are sadly mistaken.

RevenantKioku

Bregor said:
No they killed six people who had done nothing that even remotely justified such treatment. The cause is the irrational anger of the killers, not anything that the victims did.

And I have no idea what you mean to imply by bringing up the death penalty. If you think it would have deterred the victims from taking the Xbox, or the murders from committing this atrocity, then you are sadly mistaken.

I'm not trying to "justify" shit. If you look at it simply, they stole. In turn, they were killed. If they didn't steal, I don't think we'd be having this conversation.
Just because death wasn't justified (and I don't believe it was) doesn't mean shit about the fact that the theft is what set them off.
Even if the irrational anger is what killed them, the irrational anger was caused by their action, there's no other way about it.
I'm not saying the Death Penalty as a deterrent would work for everybody, obviously its a case by case situation. But there's no reason our society needs these people anymore.

Edit: Don't you see anything wrong with focusing on the "irrational anger" over the fact that there was a crime committed to set it off? Obviously irrational anger is a problem and I'm not going to deny that, but the anger wasn't set off by the drop of a hat.

That's the kind of shallow statement that gets thrown around way too much in this country. You're thinking as if this was some kind of rational act where the person thoughtout the cause and effect of of killing someone. Most crimes like this are acts of "passion" and don't take into account the consequences.

Ranger X

I may sound very simple minded but sometimes, someone that is taking the life of another should have his life taken in return. In too many cases there was more than one victims from one killer.
And fuck off any justifications, 6 death over a FREAKIN VIDEO GAME CONSOLE = die pityfull creep.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
RevenantKioku said:
Indirect causes (such as being at the wrong place at the wrong time) and getting killed are a different case.
Two things:

Who said anything about indirect causes, necessarily? What if I passed one of the killers on the street and looked at them funny? If that sets them off, then my action will have led directly to my death. Lesson learned: NEVER LOOK AT PEOPLE...of course, then I might set off the people who don't like it when you avert your eyes when they pass. Lesson learned: OMG I'M FUCKED!!!

Second, were ALL six people (AND THE DOG) responsible for this theft?

Yes, an eye for an eye, but six deaths (AND THE DOG) for a stolen xbox and a some clothes. My, how we've evolved...

but the anger wasn't set off by the drop of a hat.
You've got to be shitting me.

Deg

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
If they didn't steal, I don't think we'd be having this conversation.

Its not even fact according to the article. We'll wait and see what details come. I bet there's more to it.

Top Bottom