• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360-GAF Grand Theft Auto V Crew Thread

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's been a lot of people asking about the 360-GAF crew in the main GTAV OT, so I figured I'd go ahead and give us a home.

Welcome to GAF Street

How To Join ::

If you'd like to join, go to the Social Club page and request an invite. I'm not sure if there's specific steps you should take to join the crew beyond requesting an invite. If there are, I'll update the OP with the info as soon as possible.

Lurkers are welcome, but if spots are limited, GAF members will be prioritized.

Other 360 Crews ::

There may be other 360-GAF crews, but GAF Street is the only one I've heard of. If you know of others, feel free to post them. If they seem active, I'll add them here.

No Spoilers ::

If you're unsure of what counts as a spoiler, follow the same guidlines set out in the GTAV OT:

Bans for anyone posting leaked images, links, spoiler text, whatever between now and the 17th. ONLY OFFICIALLY RELEASED MEDIA ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD OR SO HELP ME GOD

This OP is in its infancy, so check back frequently for updated info. I'll post in this thread and in the main GTAV OT when I make major updates. If you have thoughts on how this thread could / should work, feel free to voice it.

Links ::

GAF Street Social Club Page : GAF Street Twitter
GTAV Official Thread : GTAV Spoiler Thread : PS3-GAF Crew Thread

MormaPope

Banned
Can the OP see who subscribes to a thread? Can mods do that? That would be the best way to filter out actual GAF members vs lurkers. I'll allow lurkers, but members will always get priority over non members.

If thread subscriptions can be viewed, that might help greatly. Subscribe and post your rockstar name, would be simple.

Gaz_RB

Gonna bookmark this thread for OCT 1. Gonna be epic. Gonna take that day off and just start to get to know some people in the crew and stuff.

ku-xlarge.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can the OP see who subscribes to a thread? Can mods do that? That would be the best way to filter out actual GAF members vs lurkers. I'll allow lurkers, but members will always get priority over non members.

If thread subscriptions can be viewed, that might help greatly. Subscribe and post your rockstar name, would be simple.
Cool, I edited the "no lurkers" part of the OP. I'm not sure how best to distinguish between members and lurkers, though. The Google Doc method that the PS3-GAF Crew is using might be the best way to go, though I wish we didn't have to make people jump through so many hoops.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So hyped

http://i.imgur.com/sOUm12q.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Hey, if this isn't officially released footage, please remove it. I hate to be a hard ass, but I want to follow the same spoiler guidelines as the GTAV OT. I edited the OP to make sure everyone else is on the same page.

U2NUMB

Thanks for the invite... pumped up to get this thing going. Might pop in some Max Payne to add to our stats.

Jhoan

That's what I'm talking about. Subscribed. Wonder if there should be some meta Gamer tags ala other big games for folks who instantly want to invite other GAF members. For example Red Dead Remdemption had a meta tag called GAF Read Not Dead, Gears 3 had Gears GAF 1, Gears GAF Dos, Gears GAF Tres, and Gears GAF EU.

From my understanding of having played Max Payne 3 in NeoGang, you can see if any crew members are online which saves from having to manage meta tags. Time zone is also another key factor that might be important to have folks list. I'm in NYC so I think my Time Zone is Eastern Time/GMT -5 IIRC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm leaving for the beach in a little bit and won't have internet for about 30 hours. You all do the nitty gritty logistics work while I'm gone (or just let MormaPope do it) and I'll update the OP when I get back. ;-)

Representing!

I have changed GAF Street to my 'current' crew, and it's gonna stay that way!

Neogaf = valkillmore
Social Club = ValKillmore
XBL = coolbluehalo

Add me up!

dreamfall

Reppin'!

GAF Street, ready to rock. We're gonna have to make GAF proud- although it'll be a lot of aimlessly parachuting off mountains, and straight kickin' it.

So, so excited!

Neogaf = dreamfall
Social Club = lostmeandering

Let's do this!

Omni

Rosso, Kittens also made a HaloGAF crew for GTA as well.

Oh really? Do we have a link?

I'm trying to connect my GT to my newly made Rockstar account, but it gives me this error
Sorry, we couldn't link your account because you don't have a XBox/GFWL gamertag associated with your Windows Live account.
Anyone know what's up? I'm using the email associated with my GT. Hell, if I open up Xbox.com in another tab it loads up my profile just fine

Madness

Site is probably having problems. I just fired up Red Dead Redemption and pressed start and joined from there and it linked my account. I'll PM you the HaloGAF link.

I'm excited to see how this is going to work when online hits. The comments Rockstar have made about the world being populated by friends first, then crews, and other player of a similar level of interesting. Is that referencing populating up to that 16 player limit, or will there bill more roaming around, sort of like Test Drive Unlimited? We'll see!

Gaz_RB

I'm thinking if your social club/gamertag is different than your gaf username, you should definitely put your gaf username somewhere in your profile, just so we know who actually has an account. Cause once the game comes out and GTA Online approaches, I think GAF Street is gonna get pretty full, and unfortunately some lurkers will have to get kicked.

Sounds kinda dickish, but yeah..

I'm thinking if your social club/gamertag is different than your gaf username, you should definitely put your gaf username somewhere in your profile, just so we know who actually has an account. Cause once the game comes out and GTA Online approaches, I think GAF Street is gonna get pretty full, and unfortunately some lurkers will have to get kicked.

Sounds kinda dickish, but yeah..

Nah, people should post their Social Club/Gamertag here or PM to the OP or something, it'd be too easy for somebody to just write some random gaf user's name in their social club status/profile.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, people should post their Social Club/Gamertag here or PM to the OP or something, it'd be too easy for somebody to just write some random gaf user's name in their social club status/profile.
Yeah, that's a good point. And so folks know: MormaPope (who runs GAF Street), Alienous (who's doing the GTA Online OT) and myself are all messaging back and forth to figure these details out before October 1st. Definitely feel free to let us know what you think, of course.

Yeah, that's a good point. And so folks know: MormaPope (who runs GAF Street), Alienous (who's doing the GTA Online OT) and myself are all messaging back and forth to figure these details out before October 1st. Definitely feel free to let us know what you think, of course.

Maybe take a page from the PS3 GTA Online thread and include a google doc in the first post that you have to quote to see, to which people then enter their Gamertag and Social Club name?

ieatzombies

My social club username is: ieatzombies84 and my gaf name is..well: ieatzombies
Looking forward to tearing up the streets with gafstreet!

Top Bottom