• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament #2: because we still have nothing to do

DMczaf

Thank god I never have to play with Leinart again.

Slow release + Floaty passes + Saints defense = lol

I think I'm throwing the ball early just to compensate for his release animation, and he STILL gets hit while throwing :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Doesn't help that his o-line wouldn't protect him, I had pressure on you all game.

I only won cause I had the better team, god I just can't play this game well :\ I whiff on so many tackles still :lol And any time a player puts his head down after he catches the ball its like he gets a super speed burst.

Ck, let me know when you want to beat me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sound the alarm! dm and matrix in an old fashioned madden shootout, 21-16 in the 4th! typical!

Lets play whore! >_<

DMczaf

And I repeat, fuck these random teams!

I get stuck with Lolnert and then play against the Saints and Vikings!

I'll remember this when I....oh wait, I get the 67 Bucs in 2 weeks!

Matrix

Hey you might have been playing the Lions, it was a coin toss that truly did you in. The game with Lonestar could have been a W for me.

At least I took a knee at the goal line, I'm pure class!

Nightz

Matrix said:
Thanks! Latest bracket:

23mvcyw.png

Matrix

gg matrix

did you ever think your games might be so high scoring because you basically play bump and run on defense and just come out in 3/4 wide and pass on offense all game? :lol

if i had a better qb i would have torched you with crabtree because he gets off the bump against whoever your CB is so easily. i got you once on it but he was open other times. held you scoreless on offense for 3 quarters, but then like always my 3 and 4 wide D falters :(

Matrix

haha i was only doing that cause you were running like crazy and I was annoyed, i felt like you were trying to make it as low a scoring game as possible.... to prove a point. 7 mins quarters and the whole first half it felt like you had the ball :\

I only pass all game when I use the Texans, I just don't run well with Tate and was too lazy to sub anyone in. Figure I'd play to my strengths just like you were with Gore.

and GG.

That's both times ive tried onside kicks in two nights and recovered them... something is off :lol

Matrix said:
haha i was only doing that cause you were running like crazy and I was annoyed, i felt like you were trying to make it as low a scoring game as possible.... to prove a point. 7 mins quarters and the whole first half it felt like you had the ball :\

I only pass all game when I use the Texans, I just don't run well with Tate and was too lazy to sub anyone in. Figure I'd play to my strengths just like you were with Gore.

and GG.

That's both times ive tried onside kicks in two nights and recovered them... something is off :lol

trust me, i play that way always. run run run with gore!

alex smith is hot n' cold katy perry style. he CAN carve up a D but i basically have to get the playcall just right. his release is so fucking slow so i really have to anticipate where i'm going to go.

but i'm not sure why you were bringing your safeties and everyone else so close up to the line..... basically if someone gets outside on you it's a TD

Matrix

Dude it's 2:20 in the morning here, most the time when I play this late I'm not even sure what I'm doing. A lot of times on D I was using the strat pad and fucking up :lol

I know you run, but jesus could Smith take his sweet ass time getting to the line just to call the play. He's slow at even walking. Felt like time was just wasting away.

oh well we didn't have a super low scoring game... so I win anyway! :p

Matrix said:
Dude it's 2:20 in the morning here, most the time when I play this late I'm not even sure what I'm doing. A lot of times on D I was using the strat pad and fucking up :lol

I know you run, but jesus could Smith take his sweet ass time getting to the line just to call the play. He's slow at even walking. Felt like time was just wasting away.

oh well we didn't have a super low scoring game... so I win anyway! :p

31-29 isn't an out of this world score and it would have been a lot lower on your end if you didn't go into desperation mode. would've been lower on my end too if you didn't give me some freebee TD's! you scored 0 offensive points through 3 quarters! i close my case!

Rorschach

I held Matrix to way less.
lvEyC.gif

There's no containing Gore/Crabbles. :\ Crabbles is somehow better than Andre except Johnson has more speed.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
31-29 isn't an out of this world score and it would have been a lot lower on your end if you didn't go into desperation mode. would've been lower on my end too if you didn't give me some freebee TD's! you scored 0 offensive points through 3 quarters! i close my case!

next time we play I'll start from panic mode from the start and just throw to AJ all game, that will teach ya!

Rors, that's cause you are A.I.

btw if I made that 49 yard fg with shitty brown, i would have won... yea what!?

Rorschach

You should do what Miguel does and just go Delhomme by the second quarter. Remember the days when Delhomme would just throw to Smith 99% of the time and it would somehow work out? That's what Miguel does with Andre Johnson and what he used to do with Avery when he had the Rams. :lol Just reckless abandon. Shit is scary because Andre will inexplicably make the catch most of the time.

Matrix

Yea I really should. I'm too nice to my other players. I feel some strange need to pass to OD, Jones and my other white boys.

AJ or bust from now on in scims.

Miguel

Rorschach said:
You should do what Miguel does and just go Delhomme by the second quarter. Remember the days when Delhomme would just throw to Smith 99% of the time and it would somehow work out? That's what Miguel does with Andre Johnson and what he used to do with Avery when he had the Rams. :lol Just reckless abandon. Shit is scary because Andre will inexplicably make the catch most of the time.
:lol

See, you know my offense better than I do :lol

Miguel

I don't know WHAT it was about Avery... dude was ridiculous :lol

Maybe I was just willing the ball to him cause he was a Coog.

,||./

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Doesn't help that his o-line wouldn't protect him, I had pressure on you all game.

I only won cause I had the better team, god I just can't play this game well :\ I whiff on so many tackles still :lol And any time a player puts his head down after he catches the ball its like he gets a super speed burst.

Ck, let me know when you want to beat me.
Bargh the Saints!!!

I will be ready to lose to you sometime after 9.

Sanjuro

I still can't believe that Brees is a 99 in this game. I love the guy, but goddam. I'm probably more upset that Philip Rivers is fairly close to him...dude should be a 79.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Bargh the Saints!!!

I will be ready to lose to you sometime after 9.

I need to play my NCAA dynasty game *human opponent* first and that might not begin till 8:30 est or so. I'll post in here once it's done.

Lose? :lol I never fucking beat you anymore. Having a better team means jack shit for me.

Miguel

I may be down for some Madden tonight. Moving the 360 to the living room finally, so I'll be on the big screen rather than my 23 inch TV in my room

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Laughing at the Notorious Joke Character topic, and the amount of "Astrolad" inclusions.

Maybe I don't read alot of topics outside of the same 3 or 4, but...are you ze Jokey Joke Character? :lol

Matrix

Wait, so that means we can't play till Monday?

ugh ok sorry man, feel better.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Wait, so that means we can't play till Monday?

ugh ok sorry man, feel better.

Translation: He has to host the midnight smooth jazz radio program tonight. You know that voice doesnt go to waste

Matrix

Ck would never pass up a chance at kicking my ass in madden.. well except for having fun sexy time with a woman. He clearly must be ill.

Anyone want to scrim? Mig did you move your 360!?

Matrix

haha fine lets try a fun scrimmage :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If I pause and leave for a few minutes, it's because I ate something earlier that isn't sitting right...and well....

Matrix

daw840

Just so you know, I am going out of town tomorrow and won't be able to play until sunday night at the VERY earliest. More than likely it will be on Monday

Matrix

wtf said you quit Lone :lol guess you had to take a shit or something.

Another absurd game :lol

CK, want to roll?

Mig, we can play after if you want.

Top Bottom