• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial NeoGAF Madden League Trading Block Thread: Other People's Trash...

Mrbob

Breaking News

The Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys agree on a deal which bring WR Roy Williams to Chicago for their 2nd round draft pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. Jay Cutler is said to be excited to have another big target to throw too!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
its like you guys all decided i needed an easier path in the NFC East and traded all your good players away. thanks :lol

Fifty

This shit is making my head hurt. This trade deadline is like the NHL one. Normally the NFL trade deadline has like two moves.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I will swap teams with someone, but only if the team is 80+ overall (per default ratings, don't think there's a way to view current rating). Also I want to keep the Cards jerseys so we'll just have to make it one big "trade" in-game. Accepting all offers, you can view my roster on the franchise site.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All this trade stuff, especially with my next opponent, hurts. Does any one want to do some bartering?

Mrbob

The deal with the Bengals is off at the moment due to shenanigans. :lol

Lonestar said:
All this trade stuff, especially with my next opponent, hurts. Does any one want to do some bartering?

More might be coming.....I just overpaid for a defensive player but I'm going for it this year and not worrying about the future.

Mrbob

The Bears and Bengals have come to an amiable agreement to break off trade talks so the Bengals Roy Williams is still available!

However, sources have confirmed the Bears and Ravens have reached a deal. Details emerging shortly.

as soon as the league advances, the trades are dead. so again i implore you to complete any trades you want to do immediately. no extensions!

and i think i may look at limiting trades in the future. something like 1-3 trades maximum per person. i dont know yet, but i dont like some of these NBA style dealings!

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
The deal with the Bengals is off at the moment due to shenanigans. :lol

More might be coming.....I just overpaid for a defensive player but I'm going for it this year and not worrying about the future.

Famous last words when you're out of the playoffs at 8-8 and drafting 18th or something next year.

Fifty

Yeah, I think there should definitely be a cap next year. The way this is going, we'll have changed the teams so much that people will be calling for a restart to the league, and good GMs efforts will be wasted. We want THIS franchise to go 4-5 seasons, not to restart midway through.

That said...I was given an offer I can't refuse by Bob.

Adalius Thomas for Chicago's 1st round pick.

I'll drop him and you can pick him up as a FA, Bob.

Mrbob

I'll guess I'll be sitting home alongside you then, Luke!

Can I do the trades online? I won't be home until around 8:30 cst.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
I'll guess I'll be sitting home alongside you then, Luke!

Can I do the trades online? I won't be home until around 8:30 cst.

jim_mora_playoffs__long_version.jpg

Mrbob

Hahahaha one of the best head coach rants of all time!

Oh and I just went online on the PC and it says the servers are down. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Any way to block the ad Thomas trade, I only got a 2nd rounder for him, who is stupid enough to trade for him with a oh hey, bob.

BigAT

Just a thought, but now that the trading deadline is (nearly) over, perhaps we should establish the list of who owes draft picks to who now while it is fresh in everyone's minds.

Rorschach said:
GG FMT. You know, that first time you went for it on 4th and goal you would have made it a one possession game. :p

Can't believe Schilens/Murphy kept dropping. :( And Murphy fumblol'd again. :|

Running is impossible with Willis waiting in the wings...and you playing Franklin. :(

yeah i know, i would have kicked the fg in league play! need to get better at my goal line offense though, i've had problems with that of late!

and alex smith is awful. the blitz is getting in fast so then i start going to some quick slants and VD is open.... alex throws at his feet! meanwhile grabowski is throwing 20 yard darts off his back foot. boourns! come back english!

but gg! i still call a forward pass on that alex smith sack/fumble/td! come on refs! you gave a bogus call to the pats in 2001, give it to me now!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Are people still interested in backs with less than 99 speed?
It's a tough sell to receive a guy like Rice and give up a top ten pick considering guys like Leron James, Giovanni Girley, and Joey Keller that were available in the last draft. Even guys that are not 99 speed are really good like the guys DM and AT drafted.

Maybe it is premature to talk about this since the draft order is not set for the teams that have made the playoffs but I am interested in trading my first round pick and any combination of players/picks in order to move up in the draft.

I have some highly rated OL players I can move, all my LBs except Sintim are available, and anyone except Kenny Phillips and Corey Webster in the secondary. (Don't be fooled by OVR ratings on my CBs. Even my fourth guy has a 76 PRS, 80 MCV, and 74 ZCV. Probably the best dime corner in the league)

Fifty

Wellington said:
It's a tough sell to receive a guy like Rice and give up a top ten pick considering guys like Leron James, Giovanni Girley, and Joey Keller that were available in the last draft. Even guys that are not 99 speed are really good like the guys DM and AT drafted.

Well there were basically only 3 backs that were worth starting in this year's draft..and Keller could easily have missed more than the 3 games he did. I'm fine with waiting to see what RBs are in the draft before moving Rice..and I may not get a top 10 pick for him, but he is still a very valuable player.

RB is a tough position to sell (Just ask Matrix with LJ..I was the only person who wanted him!) because so many people are content with their backs. Even Cleveland has two young players they want to give carries to.

Worst comes to worse, I'll ship Rice to Oakland. Someone, please top his offer so that Rors doesn't become even more fearsome!!

LiveWire

Depending on how Portis recovers from his season ending injury, we may have to talk about Rice, Fifty. You looking for picks or players?

EDIT: Added more players. [/]b

Redskins players on the block to start the offseason:

Antwaan Randle El (WR) 75 OVR Age 31
Ladell Betts (RB) 70 OVR Age 32
Stephon Heyer (RT) 73 OVR Age 27
Will Smith (DE) 82 OVR Age 30
Albert Haynesworth (DT) 98 OVR Age 30

Looking for picks or players, specifically Inside/Middle Linebackers.

Fifty

LiveWire said:
Depending on how Portis recovers from his season ending injury, we may have to talk about Rice, Fifty. You looking for picks or players?

Picks and/or players. I'd trade a top 10 pick for him straight up, or a later round first plus a solid player (or a 2nd + a 85+ player, like Rors offered. If Ray Lewis retires..please god no, his season was extraordinary) Rors' offer of Morrison + a 2nd is compelling, but surely not the best I can get. My #1 position to improve in is LB, though I could also benefit from an elite CB.

Wellington said:

Maybe it is premature to talk about this since the draft order is not set for the teams that have made the playoffs but I am interested in trading my first round pick and any combination of players/picks in order to move up in the draft.

I have some highly rated OL players I can move, all my LBs except Sintim are available, and anyone except Kenny Phillips and Corey Webster in the secondary. (Don't be fooled by OVR ratings on my CBs. Even my fourth guy has a 76 PRS, 80 MCV, and 74 ZCV. Probably the best dime corner in the league)

We will talk soon...

LukeSmith

I will always be looking to move in the draft, either up or down if the price is right. I'm looking for help in the back 7 on D.

Top Bottom